Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,223 members, 7,818,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

Siasia: We Won’t Return To Nigeria Without Bronze - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Siasia: We Won’t Return To Nigeria Without Bronze (10350 Views)

Siasia Backs Dream Team Boycott Of Quarter-Final Against Denmark / Mikel, Others Stop Siasia From Resigning As Coach / Samson Siasia Signing Keshi's And Amodu's Condolence Registers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Siasia: We Won’t Return To Nigeria Without Bronze by Nobody: 8:59am On Aug 20, 2016
As Nigeria confront Honduras in the Rio Olympics bronze medal match today in Belo Horizonte, Coach Samson Siasia has said his team would not return to their country without the bronze medal.

“We still have something to play for,” Siasia said. “We didn’t deserve to win against Germany with the way we played, so we should just forget about it and look forward to the next one and at least we will try to have the bronze medal going back home.

“You’re better off having a bronze medal than not having anything at all. That’s the only way we can motivate them and it’s going to be very, very tough. They wanted to go to Rio but you need to earn it to go there.”

Honduras will present a different challenge than Germany from a tactical perspective, but make no mistake, Los Catrachos will be hungry to respond positively after a disappointing outing in Rio de Janeiro against Brazil.

“We need to play [against them] the same way we’ve been playing,” Siasia said. “There were too many mistakes and against a German side like we came up against, if you don’t utilise your chances, it becomes a problem and that’s what actually happened. It was a learning experience. We’re all learning every day.”

Nigeria started Rio 2016 full of energy and promise with a thrilling 5-4 win over Japan and then a 1-0 victory against Sweden. They fell 2-0 to Colombia in their final group stage match but they were already guaranteed a first-place finish before that game. In their quarter-final against Denmark, Nigeria looked comfortable and shored up their defence to win 2-0 before coming up against Germany.

“We’ve been very great. The mentality has been right. What did we want? We wanted the gold medal and that’s what we were shooting for. They came out without reservation and went all the way and tried to see if they could get it.

“Everything in life is a learning process. If you find yourself at a stage like this again, you want to do better. It’s all about the bronze now. You don’t want to go home without anything.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/siasia-wont-return-nigeria-without-bronze/

Re: Siasia: We Won’t Return To Nigeria Without Bronze by Nobody: 8:59am On Aug 20, 2016
“There were too many mistakes and against a German side like we came up against, if you don’t utilise your chances, it becomes a problem and that’s what actually happened. It was a learning experience. We’re all learning every day.”

We are tired of this platitude. We all know that failure to convert chances will be ominous. the question is, what did you do to improve on converting chances? This was the similar problem encountered by the Super Eagles against Spain in Confederations Cup, nobody could convert the myriad and awesome chances that was created. What were you doing to amend mistakes when the German team was evaluating the Dream Team in order to ascertain and capitalise on Nigeria's mistakes? must the Nigerian football team always learn from experience?

5 Likes

Re: Siasia: We Won’t Return To Nigeria Without Bronze by Nobody: 9:03am On Aug 20, 2016
Man
Re: Siasia: We Won’t Return To Nigeria Without Bronze by taylor88(m): 9:03am On Aug 20, 2016
siasia 4 ur info naija dnt kia

learn from Keshi

3 Likes

Re: Siasia: We Won’t Return To Nigeria Without Bronze by alberto2k(m): 9:07am On Aug 20, 2016
Okay atleast United state of Nigeria will have one medal to brag about unlike Ghana way just go do cultural dance cry

13 Likes

Re: Siasia: We Won’t Return To Nigeria Without Bronze by Nobody: 9:18am On Aug 20, 2016
alberto2k:
Okay atleast United state of Nigeria will have one medal to brag about unlike Ghana way just go do cultural dance cry
LATEST UPDATE ON RIO OLYMPICS

AFRICAN COUNTRIES MEDAL TABLE SO FAR.....
SOUTH AFRICA : 3 gold, 2 silver, 1 bronze.
ETHIOPIA : 2 gold, 1 silver.
KENYA : 1 gold, 1 bronze.
EGYPT : 1 bronze.
TUNISIA : 1 silver.
NIGERIA : 1 copper, 2 wood and 3 rubber.
GHANA : 4 Aluminium, 2 zinc, 3 magnesium.
GAMBIA : 2 bags of sand, 3 bags of charcoal and 2 gallons of Palm oil

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Siasia: We Won’t Return To Nigeria Without Bronze by ULSHERLAN(m): 9:32am On Aug 20, 2016
taylor88:
siasia 4 ur info naija dnt kia

learn from Keshi

Abeg write for yourself or is your name or moniker naija

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Siasia: We Won’t Return To Nigeria Without Bronze by Nobody: 9:39am On Aug 20, 2016
Re: Siasia: We Won’t Return To Nigeria Without Bronze by bossto(m): 9:39am On Aug 20, 2016
i know ...#
Re: Siasia: We Won’t Return To Nigeria Without Bronze by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:45am On Aug 20, 2016
Its Honduras , anything less than bronze for Nigeria will not be accepted .

I prognosticate a 4-0 win for Nigeria , Mikel will be on the score sheet .

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Siasia: We Won’t Return To Nigeria Without Bronze by Nobody: 10:03am On Aug 20, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
Its Honduras , anything less than bronze for Nigeria will not be accepted .

I prognosticate a 4-0 win for Nigeria , Mikel will be on the score sheet .
That was condescending na. Remember they made it to the Semis just like Nigeria winksmiley

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Siasia: We Won’t Return To Nigeria Without Bronze by OfficialAwol(m): 10:11am On Aug 20, 2016
One day, in my hood, the sky was cloudy, rushing and razzing, barking and clapping.

Every eye that could see, every ear that could hear and every skin with it's tactile capacity intact, could feel, that it was preparing to wet poor earth.

Based on the aforementioned features, a not-so-sane man, came by and bragged that he should be buried alive if it did not rain. He was confident it would.

In a twinkle, the sky hissed and halted, and in not so long a time, the sun began to smile on my hood. It didn't rain again. That man believed it would, and it gave him confidence to said what he altered.

We forgave him 'cause he was not so sane.

But Siasia is probably sane and he just acted like the man in my hood; that they wouldn't return to Nigeria without bronze medal. Where would they go? Lybia?

The man in my hood was lucky to have been forgiven but I doubt if same fate await Siasia and his lads. Good luck all the same!

Give this piece a Title.....

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Siasia: We Won’t Return To Nigeria Without Bronze by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:19am On Aug 20, 2016
blueto:
That was condescending na. Remember they made it to the Semis just like Nigeria winksmiley

Luck ! Plus they were demolished 6-0 by Brazil in the semis . We are a good side so 4-0 to the tournament's dark horse isn't bad at all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Siasia: We Won’t Return To Nigeria Without Bronze by Nobody: 10:47am On Aug 20, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Luck ! Plus they were demolished 6-0 by Brazil in the semis . We are a good side so 4-0 to the tournament's dark horse isn't bad at all.
Okay, lets watch out for the outcome.
Re: Siasia: We Won’t Return To Nigeria Without Bronze by Nobody: 10:52am On Aug 20, 2016
blueto:
LATEST UPDATE ON RIO OLYMPICS

AFRICAN COUNTRIES MEDAL TABLE SO FAR.....
SOUTH AFRICA : 3 gold, 2 silver, 1 bronze.
ETHIOPIA : 2 gold, 1 silver.
KENYA : 1 gold, 1 bronze.
EGYPT : 1 bronze.
TUNISIA : 1 silver.
NIGERIA : 1 copper, 2 wood and 3 rubber.
GHANA : 4 Aluminium, 2 zinc, 3 magnesium.
GAMBIA : 2 bags of sand, 3 bags of charcoal and 2 gallons of Palm oil
Correction;

Kenya: 5 gold 5 silver 0 Bronze

1 Like

Re: Siasia: We Won’t Return To Nigeria Without Bronze by Nobody: 12:01pm On Aug 20, 2016
blueto:
Lalasticlala

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/siasia-wont-return-nigeria-without-bronze/
Lalasticlala, This thread needs to be featured on FP before the match commences by 5pm if it is FP worthy.

1 Like

Re: Siasia: We Won’t Return To Nigeria Without Bronze by Nobody: 12:01pm On Aug 20, 2016
Muafrika2:

Correction;

That was just a comical post na smiley.

1 Like

Re: Siasia: We Won’t Return To Nigeria Without Bronze by Nobody: 12:12pm On Aug 20, 2016
Muafrika2:

Correction;

Congrats!
You guys have made it!
You killed it while we sleep on it.
with just 1 gold 1 silver and 4 bronze that was neva recorded (very bad result)

I bet Ethiopian Athletics Federation hears me. But av neva felt as ashamed as this time. Our national anthem was only played once!

I beleive no medals will be recored by ET after now or only bronze. Thanks to our athletics, they tought me how to throw the little hope i have in them in trash.

Sorry for saying too many things. It is that am totally dissapointed but when i say congrats to my kenyan brothers and sisters, it is with admiration.

1 Like

Re: Siasia: We Won’t Return To Nigeria Without Bronze by Nobody: 12:15pm On Aug 20, 2016
blueto:
That was just a comical post na smiley.
grin I couldn't help it,
Re: Siasia: We Won’t Return To Nigeria Without Bronze by Nobody: 12:18pm On Aug 20, 2016
Ednite:

Congrats!
You guys have made it!
You killed it while we sleep on it.
with just 1 gold 1 silver and 4 bronze that was neva recorded (very bad result)

I bet Ethiopian Athletics Federation hears me. But av neva felt as ashamed as this time. Our national anthem was only played once!

I beleive no medals will be recored by ET after now or only bronze. Thanks to our athletics, they tought me how to throw the little hope i have in them in trash.

Sorry for saying too many things. It is that am totally dissapointed but when i say congrats to my kenyan brothers and sisters, it is with admiration.
Thankyou cheesy

I was wondering what happened to Ethiopia. Am not seeing enough Ethiopian's winning this time round undecided
Re: Siasia: We Won’t Return To Nigeria Without Bronze by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:20pm On Aug 20, 2016
Muafrika2:
Thankyou cheesy

I was wondering what happened to Ethiopia. Am not seeing enough Ethiopian's winning this time round undecided

Kenya's rugby team had a disappointing outing in the Olympics ... why ? The second sport you guys are good at undecided tongue tongue
Re: Siasia: We Won’t Return To Nigeria Without Bronze by nicedas(m): 12:22pm On Aug 20, 2016
Some thing reminiscence to what i heard against germany with an unremorse feelings aftermats. Na wia soft fowl dy dig.
Re: Siasia: We Won’t Return To Nigeria Without Bronze by Nobody: 12:28pm On Aug 20, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Kenya's rugby team had a disappointing outing in the Olympics ... why ? The second sport you guys are good at undecided tongue tongue
Total disaster. It's the same story with other African teams ... mistreatment, no allowances, etc. Then the government officials who have accompanied them (but outnumber them) are living like kings ... no moral support.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Siasia: We Won’t Return To Nigeria Without Bronze by Nobody: 12:47pm On Aug 20, 2016
Muafrika2:

grin I couldn't help it,
But we did we did well in the most prestigious sport in Olympics, Football. And kenya failed woefully to qualify.

1 Like

Re: Siasia: We Won’t Return To Nigeria Without Bronze by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:50pm On Aug 20, 2016
Muafrika2:

Total disaster. It's the same story with other African teams ... mistreatment, no allowances, etc. Then the government officials who have accompanied them (but outnumber them) are living like kings ... no moral support.

Oh ... no honey . The Nigerian football team - a sport which we are good at - are on the verge of winning a bronze medal . But I agree with you though , poor preparations by the African teams .

But you guys will turn up during the marathon races though

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Siasia: We Won’t Return To Nigeria Without Bronze by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:51pm On Aug 20, 2016
blueto:
But we did we did well in the most prestigious sport in Olympics, Football. And kenya failed woefully to qualify.

Exactly !!

1 Like

Re: Siasia: We Won’t Return To Nigeria Without Bronze by MrPresident1: 12:55pm On Aug 20, 2016
The semi final match between Nigeria and West Germany cheesy was fixed.

The game was fixed so that West Germany and Brazil can meet in the final in the hope that Brazil can avenge the humiliating 7-1 loss to West Germany on home soil during the last world cup,

or

to stamp proof that the mechanical and ruthlessly efficient West German machine is superior to the free flowing free scoring rhythm of the Brazilian Samba.

The match was fixed grin, Nigeria did not lose fairly.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Siasia: We Won’t Return To Nigeria Without Bronze by Nobody: 12:55pm On Aug 20, 2016
blueto:
Football is coming up too. With more practice internationally we'll be giving you a run for your money very soon,

What do you mean prestigious undecided

KingEbukasBlog:

Exactly !!

Where are the medals grin
Re: Siasia: We Won’t Return To Nigeria Without Bronze by Nobody: 1:00pm On Aug 20, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Oh ... no honey . The Nigerian football team - a sport which we are good at - are on the verge of winning a bronze medal . But I agree with you though , poor preparations by the African teams .

But you guys will turn up during the marathon races though
They better win. Those will be 11 bronze medals for Africa.

We take everything above 400 meters cool
Re: Siasia: We Won’t Return To Nigeria Without Bronze by Batlan01: 1:58pm On Aug 20, 2016
anu e nshemi... U go old 4 Brazil after honduras tear una yansh finish

1 Like

Re: Siasia: We Won’t Return To Nigeria Without Bronze by SmartMugu: 1:58pm On Aug 20, 2016
Really? You guys will stay in Brazil after other team leaves?

1 Like

Re: Siasia: We Won’t Return To Nigeria Without Bronze by moderattor: 1:59pm On Aug 20, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tokyo Wins Bid To Host 2020 Olympic Games. / Win Today - Free Football Predictions And Betting Tips For Today, 100℅ Winning. / Why Arent Nigerian men Interested In Golf?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.