Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,733 members, 7,809,811 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:20 PM

C# Vs C++ Game Programming - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / C# Vs C++ Game Programming (4539 Views)

C++ Vs Java: Which Is The Most Poweful For Games? / Python Vs C# / Enterprise Java Vs C# .NET (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

C# Vs C++ Game Programming by Jonart247(m): 9:14am On Aug 20, 2016
I want to program a game in Unity3D, which Programming Language is suitable to use between c# and c++?
Re: C# Vs C++ Game Programming by mexzony: 1:02pm On Aug 20, 2016
I think you will find that c# and unity goes pretty well hand in hand.

1 Like

Re: C# Vs C++ Game Programming by Jonart247(m): 5:01pm On Aug 20, 2016
mexzony:
I think you will find that c# and unity goes pretty well hand in hand.
Okay, c# is part of unity's languages
Re: C# Vs C++ Game Programming by hobyner(m): 5:33pm On Aug 20, 2016
C# is the best to use and program your game
Re: C# Vs C++ Game Programming by VenantCode(m): 5:54pm On Aug 20, 2016
C# all the way
Re: C# Vs C++ Game Programming by Scholar01: 10:19pm On Aug 20, 2016
Jonart247:
I want to program a game in Unity3D, which Programming Language is suitable to use between c# and c++?
grin

You obviously never even start with any "introduction to unity3d " tutorials
Re: C# Vs C++ Game Programming by Jonart247(m): 9:18am On Aug 21, 2016
Scholar01:
grin

You obviously never even start with any "introduction to unity3d " tutorials
i have started
Re: C# Vs C++ Game Programming by Scholar01: 7:26am On Aug 22, 2016
If you have, you will know that you can only use JavaScript, c# or Boo ( whether anybody actually uses that in spite of how popular python is, I cannot say.) with unity3d. If you must use c++, then go learn unreal engine.
Re: C# Vs C++ Game Programming by Jonart247(m): 8:49am On Aug 22, 2016
Scholar01:
If you have, you will know that you can only use JavaScript, c# or Boo ( whether anybody actually uses that in spite of how popular python is, I cannot say.) with unity3d. If you must use c++, then go learn unreal engine.
ok
i read that unreal engine is free
Re: C# Vs C++ Game Programming by KazukiIto(m): 8:58am On Aug 22, 2016
Jonart247:
ok i read that unreal engine is free
You read well
Re: C# Vs C++ Game Programming by Scholar01: 11:19am On Aug 22, 2016
Jonart247:

ok
i read that unreal engine is free

It's free, but you have to give them 5 percent of your earnings or something like that. I only do unity
Re: C# Vs C++ Game Programming by Jonart247(m): 11:35am On Aug 22, 2016
Scholar01:

It's free, but you have to give them 5 percent of your earnings or something like that. I only do unity
Unreal engine pro version is free, right?
Re: C# Vs C++ Game Programming by Scholar01: 11:43am On Aug 22, 2016
There's no unreal pro version. It's just unreal.
Re: C# Vs C++ Game Programming by Jonart247(m): 11:51am On Aug 22, 2016
Scholar01:
There's no unreal pro version. It's just unreal.
Okay
Re: C# Vs C++ Game Programming by Nobody: 2:56pm On Aug 22, 2016
Jonart247:
Lol, you seem like a total newbie.

Well, firstly, games are SCRIPTED not PROGRAMMED

secondly, C# goes with unity... c++ goes with unreal

thirdly, which is suitable depends on the engine you plan on using... Unreal/c++ combo is pretty hard to learn, for both language and engine. Unity/c# or JavaScript is much easier (especially for a newbie)... However Unreal creates better graphics and has an inbuilt feature named "blueprint" which can handle the C++ scripting part for you.

lastly, here is a link to ebooks that can help you get started with scripting with unity (I do hope you however ain't a newbie to programming)
http://it-ebooks.info/tag/unity/page/2/

#Goodluck Mate

1 Like

Re: C# Vs C++ Game Programming by Jonart247(m): 3:21pm On Aug 22, 2016
Preboy:

thirdly, which is suitable depends on the engine you plan on using... Unreal/c++ combo is pretty hard to learn, for both language and engine. Unity/c# or JavaScript is much easier (especially for a newbie)... However Unreal creates better graphics and has an inbuilt feature named "blueprint" which can handle the C++ scripting part for you.

lastly, here is a link to ebooks that can help you get started with scripting with unity (I do hope you however ain't a newbie to programming)

#Goodluck Mate
Thanks
But, Are u a programmer?
Re: C# Vs C++ Game Programming by Scholar01: 3:46pm On Aug 22, 2016
Preboy:

#Goodluck Mate

I think I will disagree small on the graphics part sha. Yes, graphics from unreal games tend to sometimes out shine their those done in unity, but we know that neither engine is a true modelling software. Am thinking this is because there are more AAA level artists presently working with the unreal engine
Re: C# Vs C++ Game Programming by Nobody: 9:30pm On Aug 22, 2016
Jonart247:
Thanks But, Are u a programmer?
Yea, Java
Re: C# Vs C++ Game Programming by Nobody: 9:43pm On Aug 22, 2016
Scholar01:

I think I will disagree small on the graphics part sha. Yes, graphics from unreal games tend to sometimes out shine their those done in unity, but we know that neither engine is a true modelling software. Am thinking this is because there are more AAA level artists presently working with the unreal engine
Haba bro... you wanna bring the legendary UE4 vs Unity war to nairaland?

Anyway, I can simply end this here by saying;
I didn't quite shoot down unity, hence why i used the word "better". Unity 5 is quite good too

Buh then let's be honest, Unreal is crazy when it comes to graphics. I know it's not the best(cry engine, rage, source, konami's fox and some others are better) buh in the world of indie developers, Unreal rules Graphics. I do follow unrealdevs on Twitter and Facebook and trust me unity Dev do not compare.

Also Unity is way popular that unreal, how come unity 5 with all its new graphical abilities can't attract AAA designers?
Re: C# Vs C++ Game Programming by VenantCode(m): 3:25pm On Aug 23, 2016
Preboy:

I didn't quite shoot down unity, hence why i used the word "better". Unity 5 is quite good too

Buh then let's be honest, Unreal is crazy when it comes to graphics. I know it's not the best(cry engine, rage, source, konami's fox and some others are better) buh in the world of indie developers, Unreal rules Graphics. I do follow unrealdevs on Twitter and Facebook and trust me unity Dev do not compare.

Also Unity is way popular that unreal, how come unity 5 with all its new graphical abilities can't attract AAA designers?

Time will tell cool
Re: C# Vs C++ Game Programming by Nobody: 3:50pm On Aug 24, 2016
VenantCode:

Time will tell cool
I guess so... are you also a unity Dev?
Re: C# Vs C++ Game Programming by Scholar01: 10:30pm On Aug 24, 2016
@ Preboy, I haven't looked properly into unreal and am still quite new to game dev. But I think that part of the reason why unreal games often comes out with better graphics is due to legacy reasons.

I will try to explain what I mean. Hardcore game developers tend to prefer c++ and may even look down on others not using it and naturally, it communicates to the artists afflicted with the company. Thus you find the industry heavyweights and developers with 15 years plus experience in the unreal continent while unity3d (whose one of the main objectives is to make game dev as easy as possible) having a lot of newbies and fewer game veterans.

There are assets on unity3d store that does (though still inferior) what blueprint does and there's even rumours that unity3d would be having it's official version soon. That being said, I still think that given enough skilled artists, you can match any unreal game with unity 5
Re: C# Vs C++ Game Programming by Nobody: 3:40pm On Aug 25, 2016
@Scholar01
I get what you mean, buh it seems like you're making excuses for unity's 5 million+ developers/users. Unity 5 and Unreal 4 have been almost evenly matched for more than a year now, buh unity devs still churn out a large percentage of crappy looking games (I know game dev is hard, buh unreal dev ain't got two heads). Legacy, C++ or whatever reasons people come up with, none of that justifies anything.

However, "Which is better" is a debate for people in advanced country with many developers. I feel arguing this is a waste of time, time that could be used for better things(like improving skills). Its obvious we Nigerian Devs gotta stick to unity(graphically better or not), so until we cross that limit, i fear this debate would be a senseless one to have.

BTW, are you a C# programmer?
Re: C# Vs C++ Game Programming by VenantCode(m): 6:27pm On Aug 25, 2016
Preboy:

I guess so... are you also a unity Dev?
yes but i'm a intermediate, still waiting to get a core i7 system before starting fully.
Re: C# Vs C++ Game Programming by Wiztek(m): 8:35pm On Aug 25, 2016
Preboy:

#Goodluck Mate
U have said it all
Re: C# Vs C++ Game Programming by Wiztek(m): 8:37pm On Aug 25, 2016
Preboy:

Unreal engine doesn't quite go with some games genre...wait what platform r u talking abt for unity
Re: C# Vs C++ Game Programming by Scholar01: 9:00pm On Aug 25, 2016
Preboy:

BTW, are you a C# programmer?

Was a web developer before my curiosity carry me go unity3d. Thought I would be using JavaScript script though, then I started spiritual JavaScript codes like
 private var SomeVariable = 
gameobject.getComponent
<SomeComponent>() : someClass;

I just kukuma go carry c# start to dey learn am
Re: C# Vs C++ Game Programming by Nobody: 11:34pm On Aug 25, 2016
VenantCode:
yes but i'm a intermediate, still waiting to get a core i7 system before starting fully.
intermediate huh?.. that's good. Hope you'd hang around the programming section for a while, maybe we might get to share some tips and ideas.

@bolded, same dilemma I'm in, no thanks to the dollar issue... At least I can use this time to harness my programming skills while I wait.

BTW, which language do you script with? and which genre 2D or 3D?
Re: C# Vs C++ Game Programming by Nobody: 11:40pm On Aug 25, 2016
Wiztek:

Unreal engine doesn't quite go with some games genre...wait what platform r u talking abt for unity
I don't get you pal. Which genre isn't unreal good with?

Platform?.. well I was referring to the graphical capabilities in general, buh we are way past that tho. Engine selection is based on choice and needs, I think we should end it at that.
Re: C# Vs C++ Game Programming by Nobody: 11:52pm On Aug 25, 2016
Scholar01:

Was a web developer before my curiosity carry me go unity3d. Thought I would be using JavaScript script though, then I started spiritual JavaScript codes like
 private var SomeVariable = 
gameobject.getComponent
<SomeComponent>() : someClass;

I just kukuma go carry c# start to dey learn am

web development; the only part in programming that doesn't interest me. Well its nice to know many languages, buh kinda odd you'd pick a completely unfamiliar language over one you are suppose to be good with... Anyway, it seems almost no one is using JavaScript for unity(especially in Nigeria).

however, Its nice Nigerians are starting to venture in game development.... BTW, i took a peek at you profile and saw your game, I hope to play it soon, and also hope it doesn't disappoint
Re: C# Vs C++ Game Programming by Wiztek(m): 7:02pm On Aug 26, 2016
Preboy:

I don't get you pal. Which genre isn't unreal good with?

Platform?.. well I was referring to the graphical capabilities in general, buh we are way past that tho. Engine selection is based on choice and needs, I think we should end it at that.
I agree u haw spoken well
Re: C# Vs C++ Game Programming by Scholar01: 10:20pm On Aug 26, 2016
Preboy:

web development; the only part in programming that doesn't interest me. Well its nice to know many languages, buh kinda odd you'd pick a completely unfamiliar language over one you are suppose to be good with... Anyway, it seems almost no one is using JavaScript for unity(especially in Nigeria).

however, Its nice Nigerians are starting to venture in game development.... BTW, i took a peek at you profile and saw your game, I hope to play it soon, and also hope it doesn't disappoint

Hmmmm, it's best not to get your expectations too high lol. Am working on a major update on the math game sha to see how I can make it more interesting and appealing. Thanks to my sizeable collection of assets that makes a lot of things much easier

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Want To Learn Php / Coding Challenge For Fun / A Comprehensive Tutorial On Vb 6.0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.