Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,134 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

Infinix Hot 4 So Cheap! But Are There Strings Attached To Its Affordable Price? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Infinix Hot 4 So Cheap! But Are There Strings Attached To Its Affordable Price? (4177 Views)

Why Are Shipped From Overseas Mobile Phones So Cheap???? / Infinix HOT 4 (X557) Official Discussion Thread / Review Of Leagoo Z1 - A Cheap But Functional Android Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Infinix Hot 4 So Cheap! But Are There Strings Attached To Its Affordable Price? by Sphilip1(m): 11:57am On Aug 20, 2016
Out of now where, it came as a surprise to the world since the Infinix Hot 3 was recently released earlier this year, no one was expecting the release of the Hot 4 till next year. Nevertheless, the move by the company is aimed towards flooding the Nigerian market with numerous Infinix phones as possible. The Infinix Hot 4 was released at a relatively cheaper price.

Specifications for the Infinix Hot 4 are just like the usual specifications. But in terms of battery capacity and screen size, it's better off than the Hot S. For the build quality and performance, it’s just a different story. Check out a summary of the Hot 4 specifications

Price on Jumia: ₦ 36,900

Screen: 5.5" HD Display

Model: Infinix X557

External Memory: 32GB micro SD

RAM: 2GB

Internal Memory: 16GB

SIM: Dual micro

CPU: MT6580 Quad Core Cortex; 1.3GHz

Operating System: XOS (Based on Android Marshmallow)

Camera: 8MP Back, 5MP Front

Battery: 4,000mAh

Finger print sensor: Yes

Here are the specifications of the Hot S

Price on Jumia: ₦ 46,500

Screen: 5.2" HD

Model: Infinix X521

RAM: 2GB

Internal Memory: 16GB

SIM: Dual micro

Processor: MediaTek MTK6753 Octa-Core

Operating System: Android 6.0 Marshmallow

Camera: 13MP (Back), 8MP (Front)

Finger print sensor: Yes

Battery: 3000mAh

For those who are in search of a new phone and believe in battery strength rather than technical features, the Hot 4 should end your search. But for the phone freaks, the Hot S which has a good set of camera is the best choice although it is more expensive than the Infinix Hot 4.

SOURCE: http://www.techkibay.com/2016/08/infinix-releases-hot-4-this-year-but.html
Re: Infinix Hot 4 So Cheap! But Are There Strings Attached To Its Affordable Price? by Jholland(f): 1:44pm On Aug 20, 2016
Why the hell are people seeing this phone as cheap? Hot was 16k hote note was 24k hot 2 was 19500 this phone is 37k for crying out loud how is it cheap, it has the exact same specs with hot note just better selfie camera and finger print scanner, I got my hot note pro,for 28k and the and ROM is twice this so how exactly is it cheap to the average 2nd class Nigerian young adult?

16 Likes

Re: Infinix Hot 4 So Cheap! But Are There Strings Attached To Its Affordable Price? by Stormyweather(m): 2:09pm On Aug 20, 2016
Jholland:
Why the hell are people seeing this phone as cheap? Hot was 16k hote note was 24k hot 2 was 19500 this phone is 37k for crying out loud how is it cheap, it has the exact same specs with hot note just better selfie camera and finger print scanner, I got my hot note pro,for 28k and the and ROM is twice this so how exactly is it cheap to the average 2nd class Nigerian young adult?
I tried to buzz you as concerning your post. 08068172042. WhatsApp, calls, text
Re: Infinix Hot 4 So Cheap! But Are There Strings Attached To Its Affordable Price? by bigtt76(f): 2:14pm On Aug 20, 2016
When those fones were released the Naira to dollar rate was considerably lower than obtainable now.

Jholland:

4 Likes

Re: Infinix Hot 4 So Cheap! But Are There Strings Attached To Its Affordable Price? by tobbie247(m): 2:35pm On Aug 20, 2016
Flexing my Bluboo Maya tongue
Re: Infinix Hot 4 So Cheap! But Are There Strings Attached To Its Affordable Price? by Jholland(f): 3:45pm On Aug 20, 2016
[quote author=bigtt76 post=48649459]When those fones were released the Naira to dollar rate was considerably lower than obtainable now.
Now don't get me wrong am not disputing that fact, but like u implied its a harsh economy not just for the marketers but also the consumers, so in Nigeria 2016 37' doesn't deserve to be called cheap, especially a rebranded shit like this phone #myopinontho

1 Like

Re: Infinix Hot 4 So Cheap! But Are There Strings Attached To Its Affordable Price? by martinz1: 5:21pm On Aug 20, 2016
Jholland:
Which rom d u use, i need to change my note 2 pro rom
Re: Infinix Hot 4 So Cheap! But Are There Strings Attached To Its Affordable Price? by Kelvindaniels: 7:35pm On Aug 20, 2016
As a phone freak that I am, I will go for the Infinix s shocked
Re: Infinix Hot 4 So Cheap! But Are There Strings Attached To Its Affordable Price? by Jholland(f): 8:15pm On Aug 20, 2016
martinz1:

Which rom d u use, i need to change my note 2 pro rom

My hote note pro came with a 32gb ROM
Re: Infinix Hot 4 So Cheap! But Are There Strings Attached To Its Affordable Price? by Kelvindaniels: 8:26pm On Aug 20, 2016
Please how is the speaker of the infinix s how does it sound ?
Re: Infinix Hot 4 So Cheap! But Are There Strings Attached To Its Affordable Price? by Flashh: 10:24pm On Aug 20, 2016
Jholland:

Why you dey talk 2015 talk for 2016 na?

Dollar no increase for your village?

9 Likes

Re: Infinix Hot 4 So Cheap! But Are There Strings Attached To Its Affordable Price? by martinz1: 11:53pm On Aug 20, 2016
Jholland:

My hote note pro came with a 32gb ROM
Ok, same as mine, i thought u meant mashmellow operating system
Re: Infinix Hot 4 So Cheap! But Are There Strings Attached To Its Affordable Price? by Jholland(f): 5:02am On Aug 21, 2016
Flashh:

Why you dey talk 2015 talk for 2016 na?

Dollar no increase for your village?

That I ain't disputing brother but in 2016 a phone with such crappy specs being sold at 37k, doesn't deserve to be tagged "cheap" the economy is harsher on the buyer than the seller cause as they sell as they buy, but the consumer (salary earner) buys as he recieves. Without an increase. If you had read my post well and understood instead of replying with such rush, my point was the phone doesn't deserve the term "cheap"

3 Likes

Re: Infinix Hot 4 So Cheap! But Are There Strings Attached To Its Affordable Price? by Nobody: 7:02am On Aug 21, 2016
waiting Jejely for September or October to change my phone. So let the options keeping coming.
Instead of buying ing infinix hot 4 would rather buy wiko slide 2.
Re: Infinix Hot 4 So Cheap! But Are There Strings Attached To Its Affordable Price? by Babanhajiya(m): 7:05am On Aug 21, 2016
@37k I don't see how this phone is cheap, how many Nigerians can cough out 37k in this hard times? Please OP should visit aliexpress and see the true definition of cheap phones. With just $60(about 24k) you can get a similar or even better phone.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Infinix Hot 4 So Cheap! But Are There Strings Attached To Its Affordable Price? by Babanhajiya(m): 7:32am On Aug 21, 2016
bigtt76:
When those fones were released the Naira to dollar rate was considerably lower than obtainable now.

Yes dollar was around N200 at that time but Nigerians are still on a minimum wage of 18k, salary hasn't increased so the guy was right the phone is not in any way cheap as far as average Nigerian is concerned.

1 Like

Re: Infinix Hot 4 So Cheap! But Are There Strings Attached To Its Affordable Price? by Flashh: 9:57am On Aug 21, 2016
Jholland:

That I ain't disputing brother but in 2016 a phone with such crappy specs being sold at 37k, doesn't deserve to be tagged "cheap" the economy is harsher on the buyer than the seller cause as they sell as they buy, but the consumer (salary earner) buys as he recieves. Without an increase. If you had read my post well and understood instead of replying with such rush, my point was the phone doesn't deserve the term "cheap"
What do I have to read in your post that you were just talking without considering the increase in dollar?

Normally, if this was before, when the naira hasn't lost its value in the market, this phone can be sold at 20k+. Now you talking about your infinix hot note pro buying it 28k. Let me ask these simple questions: Can you still get the new one of your hot note pro at that same cheap price now? No. Does it have 4g? (If that should be the priority for it being sold at high price now). No. Does it have finger print scanner? No. Does it have front flash camera? No. So many things it lacks and it's now sold for about 40k, that's if you can still get it in the one market.

What edge does it gat over this that makes it more expensive? Not only phones alone. Other things are now at high price because of this harsh economy. Just go confirm how much is dollar now when converted to naira, maybe after then, you will stop a none discussing argument that doesn't worth it.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Infinix Hot 4 So Cheap! But Are There Strings Attached To Its Affordable Price? by pharmtech: 10:37am On Aug 21, 2016
tobbie247:
pls broz where did you got it and how much.tnx
Re: Infinix Hot 4 So Cheap! But Are There Strings Attached To Its Affordable Price? by Mrnice619(m): 12:07pm On Aug 21, 2016
if i have 46k i will just buy another htc phone
Re: Infinix Hot 4 So Cheap! But Are There Strings Attached To Its Affordable Price? by Sphilip1(m): 1:20pm On Aug 21, 2016
Babanhajiya:
@37k I don't see how this phone is cheap, how many Nigerians can cough out 37k in this hard times? Please OP should visit aliexpress and see the true definition of cheap phones. With just $60(about 24k) you can get a similar or even better phone.

since i started visiting aliexpress, i knew that Jumia are thiefs
Re: Infinix Hot 4 So Cheap! But Are There Strings Attached To Its Affordable Price? by busuyi44: 2:27pm On Aug 21, 2016
Babanhajiya:
Oukitel U7 Pro is better and cheaper at $66 on Aliexpress
Re: Infinix Hot 4 So Cheap! But Are There Strings Attached To Its Affordable Price? by tobbie247(m): 5:59pm On Aug 21, 2016
pharmtech:
pls broz where did you got it and how much.tnx

aliexpress but its now $75 which is about N29,000 or so. I ordered mine when it was $69
Re: Infinix Hot 4 So Cheap! But Are There Strings Attached To Its Affordable Price? by FergieRaww(m): 9:24pm On Aug 21, 2016
Hmmm you guys ordering phones from aliexpress that does not have spare parts in the market' ion know if i should use lmao or smh but na una sabi

1 Like

Re: Infinix Hot 4 So Cheap! But Are There Strings Attached To Its Affordable Price? by pharmtech: 10:47pm On Aug 21, 2016
tobbie247:

aliexpress but its now $75 which is about N29,000 or so. I ordered mine when it was $69
ok tnx broz but how long does shipping took b4 it reach naija
Re: Infinix Hot 4 So Cheap! But Are There Strings Attached To Its Affordable Price? by tobbie247(m): 11:23pm On Aug 21, 2016
pharmtech:

Mine took 2weeks
Re: Infinix Hot 4 So Cheap! But Are There Strings Attached To Its Affordable Price? by danthamccoy(m): 11:56pm On Aug 21, 2016
FergieRaww:
Hmmm you guys ordering phones from aliexpress that does not have spare parts in the market' ion know if i should use lmao or smh but na una sabi
It amuses me every time.
Re: Infinix Hot 4 So Cheap! But Are There Strings Attached To Its Affordable Price? by danthamccoy(m): 11:57pm On Aug 21, 2016
Babanhajiya:
These phones won't need spare parts when bad right? Or do you ordee for them too?
Re: Infinix Hot 4 So Cheap! But Are There Strings Attached To Its Affordable Price? by Sphilip1(m): 12:13am On Aug 22, 2016
pharmtech:

36 days
Re: Infinix Hot 4 So Cheap! But Are There Strings Attached To Its Affordable Price? by ikbtn: 12:44am On Aug 22, 2016
tobbie247:
How is the phone so far, camera wise, multitasking and battery as well?
Re: Infinix Hot 4 So Cheap! But Are There Strings Attached To Its Affordable Price? by Mystiq25(m): 8:20am On Aug 22, 2016
busuyi44:

Oukitel U7 Pro is better and cheaper at $66 on Aliexpress
Oukitel U7 is even cheaper, just $59 but it doesn't have finger print scanner and it is 1GB/8GB. The two phones pictured above are better.
Re: Infinix Hot 4 So Cheap! But Are There Strings Attached To Its Affordable Price? by cybersnoop(m): 10:11am On Aug 22, 2016
Pls,does this hot 4 have OTG support,front flash and notification led and wher can one get it,can't find it on jumia
Re: Infinix Hot 4 So Cheap! But Are There Strings Attached To Its Affordable Price? by Marksule(m): 10:49am On Aug 22, 2016
Hmmmm

(1) (2) (Reply)

Unpack Oppo R7s Rose Gold, 4GB RAM In Vietnam With All Images / Watch Bbn From Your Android Using Hacked Dstv Golds TV Dstv Apk / Blocking Mtn Line For Gprs &u Browse Till Infinity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.