Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,709 members, 7,809,693 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:21 PM

Nokia And Sonyericsson, Which Is Better? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia And Sonyericsson, Which Is Better? (4202 Views)

Microsoft To Dump Nokia And Windows Phone Brands / How Tecno Stole The Show From Nokia And Blackberry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nokia And Sonyericsson, Which Is Better? by coolp1(m): 11:39pm On Jun 30, 2007
Nokia and sonyericsson, which is better? I think it is sonyericsson because of the memory and all facilities
Re: Nokia And Sonyericsson, Which Is Better? by gee2(m): 1:12am On Jul 01, 2007
SonyEricsson is the best and it's got all nice features, nokia has got the name without which it will be unknown.
Re: Nokia And Sonyericsson, Which Is Better? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jul 01, 2007
Re: Nokia And Sonyericsson, Which Is Better? by maxjax(m): 8:36pm On Jul 01, 2007
;DEverybody knows its KNOKIA cool cheesy connectin' ppl
Re: Nokia And Sonyericsson, Which Is Better? by colly(m): 9:59pm On Jul 01, 2007
Nokia what!!! SonyEricsson for life,besides it complete features(which most nokia fones dont have)I also love it 4 the following reasons.Large memory capacity,its torchlight,ability to download items and browsing simultaneously,pausing whatever you are downloading and resuming whenever you feel like,making a call while browsing,the disc2phone software(i dont know if nokia has it),clear and bright camera pictures,not easily infected with virus etc
Re: Nokia And Sonyericsson, Which Is Better? by Fadajasi(m): 10:25pm On Jul 01, 2007
Nokia ofcourse-the king of a phones
Re: Nokia And Sonyericsson, Which Is Better? by jaysy: 6:21am On Jul 02, 2007
Yes Nokia is the King of all Mobiles for now and ever and there's no mobile phone that can break the record.
Re: Nokia And Sonyericsson, Which Is Better? by maxjax(m): 7:17pm On Jul 02, 2007
@colly I can bet u havnt used nokia b4, all those specificatnz and featurez u talkd about, nokia was the 1st to produce them, let me tel u dat SE is a copy cat, tho i luv SE o! Itz my 2nd best fone ever. Nokia got 5MP camera nw and SE is try to produce 1. So wot r we talkin' about, huh!
Re: Nokia And Sonyericsson, Which Is Better? by colly(m): 10:06am On Jul 03, 2007
@maxjax Dats a lie Nokia neva started it first,it was ericsson cos when dey releasd K750 & W800 (all d features i mentiond were first embeded in dis fones)in 2005 Nokia did not even av a fone wit complete features,it is either blutooth or infra-red or vid. cam is misin & rememba dey startd rollin out thier N-series long afta K750 & W800 was releasd,so who is copy cat?In case u dont no K800 won d best fone last(Even d james bond guys tripd 4 it)
Re: Nokia And Sonyericsson, Which Is Better? by tundeajiba(m): 7:24pm On Jul 03, 2007
@cool. As was said earlier. This is a subjective exercise. Though i think you should facts b4 concluding. You can compare k700 with say nokia 3230 that has ALL the feature you mentioned. Choice of phone is dependent on a whole lot of personal preferences. Nokia 3230 is a smart phone.
Re: Nokia And Sonyericsson, Which Is Better? by tokuns(m): 9:24pm On Jul 03, 2007
sony ericsson is the best people. try to get a w840i and see what am talking about.
Re: Nokia And Sonyericsson, Which Is Better? by mrofficial(m): 2:16am On Jul 04, 2007
Those who sabi phone go surely choose sonyericsson. Nokia n91 no fit stand k750, them dey use name deceive people. If you have never used sonyericcson, try it, just go for w950i, w850i, wo e too much. As for me hooo, i go die for sonyericsson, am using p900.
Re: Nokia And Sonyericsson, Which Is Better? by juci(m): 3:34am On Jul 04, 2007
SE has better quality, nokia just has a bigger name. SE has always been trailblazers- camera(first 1.3mp, 2mp, 3.2mp), flash, bluetooth(since T68i), music(walkman series).
colly tanx 4 replying maxjax.
@maxjax: compare SE 3mp to nokia 3mp, now compare SE 5mp to nokia. too much! still in doubt, read expert's reviews online.
i've been using w800 for 2yrs no nokia can NEATLY beat it yet except for symbian OS which SE have in p-series & new w-series.
Re: Nokia And Sonyericsson, Which Is Better? by sect(m): 2:33pm On Jul 04, 2007
Reminds me of my kid brother's knokia radio phone.This phone just got a radio and nothing else,am quite sure if it were sonyericsson an infra-red and web browser would have accompanied it,i dont think their is a sonyericsson coloured phone that does not have at least a web browser.Sometimes knokia tend to behave like mtn 'STINGY'.Just check out this nokia 6070,its got an infra-red,web browser,stn coloured screen,radio,photo camera,video camera,MP3 but has a phone memory of 3.2Mb the actual memory may probably be 2.8Mb.Tell me how on earth do you want to download videos and mp3 songs on a 2.8mb phone and remember their will still be room for pictures,themes and applications e.t.c.I spelt KNOKIA this way(a knokia fan also spelt it like that so i guess its the right spelling)cos knokia KNOCKS AND SUCKS  angry angry angry angry angry.
Re: Nokia And Sonyericsson, Which Is Better? by hayprof(m): 3:36pm On Jul 04, 2007
Both Pnones are Good,
But I go for Nokia Cos U get all u need In One Pack. cool
Re: Nokia And Sonyericsson, Which Is Better? by juci(m): 5:01pm On Jul 04, 2007
@hayprof:
and is that your I-N-F-O-R-M-E-D opinion, professor? an ENLIGHTENED evaluation of all facts hitherto presented perhaps?
Re: Nokia And Sonyericsson, Which Is Better? by hayprof(m): 6:44pm On Jul 04, 2007
@juci, wat else do u wanna hear? do u want me to write out a 5page script jst to tell u which is which.
I only gave my answer to d questn cos of my xperience wit d Nokia 3250 phone, dat lil boy iss a bad ass.
Av u eva wondered wat phone perform @ least five operatns @ a time?
u play music, play game, browse d full internet, browse wap, do downloads in d background while u snd ur loved ones txt messages.
And its got a good nd long battery life too,
'nuf said!
Re: Nokia And Sonyericsson, Which Is Better? by eniola1310(f): 3:13pm On Jul 05, 2007
[size=16pt]SONY ERICSSON[/size]

pls my brother try sony ericsson. their fones are just too much

i used to be a nokai lover until i used my first sony ericsson w800i and i've been hooked since then.
no matter hoe cheap the fone is all the features u'll need will accompany it, good sound quality and i must tell u it's very user friendly.
u cant just compare a nokia phone to a sony ericsson.

Dont be deceived, i use all the faetures on my sonyericsson phone and i'll never ever for any reason use a nokia.
Re: Nokia And Sonyericsson, Which Is Better? by nazzyon(m): 8:00pm On Jul 05, 2007
All I have to say is when you are looking for standardized entertainment go for nothing but SE.

Nokia is always the business like type phone. No mattter what you stuff in it, its picture still remains.

Although at the moment Nokia is the peoples choice because of their new achievement in the last 3 high end Nseries phones.

One thing people should note is that most of the products SE are manufacturing are low end phones yet it competes with the high ends of the Nokia's. Imagine what their High ends would look like when they start releasing before the year runs out. I have seen some couples of their spy pictures. They really look amazing.

Mere looking at the sony ericsson's P1, you will definitely know that they've got more to offer.
Re: Nokia And Sonyericsson, Which Is Better? by thegame(m): 7:03pm On Jul 10, 2007
If you looking for first class entertainment,go for SE. If not then bliv people and go with nokia but their smartphones do restsrt by themselves. Hope y'all know that and for SE, The walkman models may hang or freeze and generally the bluetooth models but they still got the best audio in mobiles
Re: Nokia And Sonyericsson, Which Is Better? by naijabelle: 5:07am On Jul 11, 2007
Nokia are better phones, Sony Ecrison break down to easily.
Re: Nokia And Sonyericsson, Which Is Better? by nazzyon(m): 6:02am On Jul 11, 2007
I don't experience all the breakdown news people give about phones. Every phone I use are always used to its peak.

If ou want to get a phone do researches the way you do for Laptops and other devices.

Sometimes I spend upto a year in finding the product that best fits my nature. You don't just hear that some phone is new:::::::: then you go straight for it without enquiries.

Every first set of product that comes after a prototype always lack some ability.
Re: Nokia And Sonyericsson, Which Is Better? by RichDad1(m): 1:47pm On Jul 11, 2007
[b]Sony Ericsson is the best, I've been using it for years.Nokia is all about advertising whats not real.Imagine the almighty 9300i without a camera??rubbish[/b]
Re: Nokia And Sonyericsson, Which Is Better? by maxjax(m): 10:03pm On Jul 13, 2007
@all SE loverz Tell me hw many SE fonez gat these specificatnz. EDGE/EGPRS connectivity class 32, WLAN/wifi connectivity HSDPA, 3G class 32. SYMBIAN operatin' system. There r lotz mo' i cnt mention. Guyz nokia stil remainz d BEST d REST r counterfitz
Re: Nokia And Sonyericsson, Which Is Better? by drklump(m): 9:27am On Jul 14, 2007
Very interesting reading all your opinions. I admit that SE are extremely good in terms of entertainment/music phones and camera picture quality. but i still believe nokia is better.

Let's be frank people:

1. Which other phone can u use as communication tool or self-defense object. The nokia 3310 in stone throwing mode is guaranteed to put an assailant in hospital if your aim is through.

2. Have you ever bothered to visit a gsm repair shop- you find nokia phones have a small share if u gather the damaged phones there

3. Cost effective - If you leave in Lagos like i do, it's wiser to buy a nokia (1100 or the 3310 again) when you bus around or during strolls. If you get mugged you are sure they'll return your phone back to you once they see it.
Re: Nokia And Sonyericsson, Which Is Better? by rufaai(m): 11:20am On Jul 14, 2007
I never compare any brand with Nokia!

Nokia is the best around the globe! you may compare with other brands, but not Nokia. Sonyericcsson contains nothing rather than Sound! They tried producing a Symbian Phone, but where have they landed?

P910, P990 and now P1 - all shit, get around Nokia N91, N80 feel the grip, Get around N95 and wooh, I shoulnt get further, you're already convinced
Re: Nokia And Sonyericsson, Which Is Better? by sniperwolf(m): 7:10pm On Jul 14, 2007
@ maxjax you talked about Nokia's 5.0 mega pixel I bet you've not seen a Sony Ericsson k850.
About the poster talking about business phone if you've used any of the SE p-series you'll never lack any business tool.
SonyEricsson rocks Nokia are full of shit. Imagine the k810 cyber shot with 3.2 M pixel is more better that N90 with 5.0.
For all Nokia lovers go exchange your phones with any friend dat has SE, I promise U, you'd want 2 give it back
Re: Nokia And Sonyericsson, Which Is Better? by marod(m): 8:20pm On Jul 14, 2007
It is a sin to compare nokia with any other phone,lol. Not all that calls and receives is nokia, It's got everything it takes. imagine a phone with 8gb, beyond imagination. Doubt if SE will meet that in the next 5 years.
Re: Nokia And Sonyericsson, Which Is Better? by maxjax(m): 12:33am On Jul 15, 2007
sniperwolf:

@ maxjax you talked about Nokia's 5.0 mega pixel I bet you've not seen a Sony Ericsson k850.

for your information k850 is not out yet, Sony Ericsson is battlin to make it 5.0 MP

marod:

It is a sin to compare nokia with any other phone,lol. Not all that calls and receives is nokia, It's got everything it takes. imagine a phone with 8gb, beyond imagination. Doubt if SE will meet that in the next 5 years.

Im down wit man grin cheesy wink cool
Re: Nokia And Sonyericsson, Which Is Better? by colly(m): 7:32pm On Jul 15, 2007
@ marod,there are so many nokia phones with very low memory capacity and besides why are you guys comparing only the N-series?SE has got K,W and P series to contend with any other nokia series anyday anytime,even the T series can be compared with series 60.@ rufai P900 landed somewhere that will take nokia years to reach and the P1 is not out yet you are already condemning it.Please you guys just do as sniperwolf has said.Nokia LEARNS from SE
Re: Nokia And Sonyericsson, Which Is Better? by colly(m): 8:16pm On Jul 15, 2007
P900 is a phone made in 2003 yet it can still be used to compare most nokia N series phone(thats why it will take nokia years to get to where P900 has landed).Mention any nokia phone that was produced in 2003 and lets compare it with just(na managing ooooo) a T-Series.
Re: Nokia And Sonyericsson, Which Is Better? by sect(m): 9:24pm On Jul 15, 2007
If P900 was made in 2003 then SONY ERICSSON is the pace setter,knockia follows.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Nokia 2700 Cannot Be Connected To Gprs, Plz I Need Help / Browse These Sites For Free With Airtel Free Basics / How To Use Your Mtn 20gb And N25,700 Free Credit - 100% Working

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.