Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,584 members, 7,958,803 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 01:48 AM

Why Is Their No Africa Magic Ibo? - Satellite TV Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Why Is Their No Africa Magic Ibo? (10213 Views)

Change Your Life With A Powerful Real Spell That Works Like Magic For Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Their No Africa Magic Ibo? by doingood: 12:40pm On Aug 20, 2016
I'm an ibo man, I love ibo home videos, though I understand yoruba but I don't understand Hausa. Gotv and dstv have both Yoruba and Hausa home videos, why is their no Africa magic ibo? this worries me a lot. Abi no be WAZOBIA make up Nigeria? Gotv and dstv plz take note and don't be selective. Thank u.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Their No Africa Magic Ibo? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Aug 20, 2016
Tribalism will eventually destroy Niqeria!!!....
Re: Why Is Their No Africa Magic Ibo? by cstr15: 12:45pm On Aug 20, 2016
The main African magic itself has been igbonized. You hardly watch African magic English and most of the nollywood movies without hearing some element of Igbo language.
I believe that is their logic anyway.
Re: Why Is Their No Africa Magic Ibo? by cstr15: 12:49pm On Aug 20, 2016
ModsAreMad:
Tribalism will eventually destroy Niqeria!!!....
There is nothing wrong with asking for your language specific television in the Nigerian jungle. It is not like he is asking for a new thing or something unprecedented.
We already have hausa and Yoruba stations.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Their No Africa Magic Ibo? by Slimflame(m): 12:49pm On Aug 20, 2016
Serious talk op...

1 Like

Re: Why Is Their No Africa Magic Ibo? by seunny4lif(m): 12:49pm On Aug 20, 2016
doingood:
I'm an ibo man, I love ibo home videos, though I understand yoruba but I don't understand Hausa. Gotv and dstv have both Yoruba and Hausa home videos, why is their no Africa magic ibo? this worries me a lot. Abi no be WAZOBIA make up Nigeria? Gotv and dstv plz take note and don't be selective. Thank u.
Maybe becos only few demanded for it cool cool
You know this is business not Tribe stuff grin grin
Ask yourself, how many movies are produces in Igbo Language?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Their No Africa Magic Ibo? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Aug 20, 2016
cstr15:
There is nothing wrong with asking for your language specific television in the Nigerian jungle. It is not like he is asking for a new thing or something unprecedented.
We already have hausa and Yoruba stations.

There is BBC Hausa......

Show me Yoruba's.....

Are we crying foul??....
Re: Why Is Their No Africa Magic Ibo? by cstr15: 12:52pm On Aug 20, 2016
seunny4lif:

Maybe becos only few demanded for it cool cool
You know this is business not Tribe stuff grin grin
Ask yourself, how many movies are produces in Igbo Language?
True. There are very few movies in complete Igbo language.
Igbo movie producers need to look into this. Yes, there is an obvious commercial advantage in the English nollywood, but I believe they should dedicate 30% of their movies to the Igbo market. It is an Igbo dominated movie industry after-all.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Their No Africa Magic Ibo? by cstr15: 12:54pm On Aug 20, 2016
ModsAreMad:

There is BBC Hausa......

Show me Yoruba's.....

Are we crying foul??....
Are you alright? What has my asking for a dedicated Igbo station on DSTV got to do with BBC hausa.?
If you want BBC Yoruba then go ask for it.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Their No Africa Magic Ibo? by cutesmilez(f): 12:56pm On Aug 20, 2016
sad OP I'm 100% sure u don't have DSTV. There is African magic igbo tongue

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Their No Africa Magic Ibo? by rheether(f): 12:58pm On Aug 20, 2016
Check again.
Re: Why Is Their No Africa Magic Ibo? by OMAR12: 12:59pm On Aug 20, 2016
it like it been long u subscribed ur dstv, African magic Igbo has been running for over 2years, with programs like, onye ije on Sundays which showcase Igbo traditions and Igboland as a viable tourist destination, they also have oringo and mmakwara etc.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Their No Africa Magic Ibo? by EpicMaurice(m): 1:03pm On Aug 20, 2016
there is africa magic igbo bruh. been watching it for a long time now. Maybe you need to re-scan your dstv.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Their No Africa Magic Ibo? by Noneroone(m): 1:11pm On Aug 20, 2016
cutesmilez:
sad OP I'm 100% sure u don't have DSTV. There is African magic igbo tongue
op is an afonja who doesnt have DSTV grin

btw African magic Igbo was not even necessary cos nollywood is already an Igbo enterprise

1 Like

Re: Why Is Their No Africa Magic Ibo? by Pavore9: 1:11pm On Aug 20, 2016
People just raise dust over nothing. l doubt the OP has access to DSTV! I get to watch African magic Igbo here in Kenya and he is crying foul. Even if there is no African magic Igbo, it is not DSTV's responsibility to be shooting movies done in Igbo language, it is the responsibility of the Igbos to provide content abi na DSTV dey shoot movies for the Yorubas?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Their No Africa Magic Ibo? by mhizAnnie(f): 1:11pm On Aug 20, 2016
cstr15:
The main African magic itself has been igbonized. You hardly watch African magic English and most of the nollywood movies without hearing some element of Igbo language.

That's exactly what I would have said.
Re: Why Is Their No Africa Magic Ibo? by seunny4lif(m): 1:19pm On Aug 20, 2016
cstr15:
True. There are very few movies in complete Igbo language.
Igbo movie producers need to look into this. Yes, there is an obvious commercial advantage in the English nollywood, but I believe they should dedicate 30% of their movies to the Igbo market. It is an Igbo dominated movie industry after-all.
Since most of the movies are in English and Igbo then you guys should enjoy it now grin grin grin
The Yoruba production have many popular demand cool cool cool
They even know Yorubas movies here in Brazil cheesy cheesy cheesy
They watch but they can kill you with questioning on why the person disappear grin grin and how is that possible grin grin grin
Re: Why Is Their No Africa Magic Ibo? by Juxtified(m): 1:24pm On Aug 20, 2016
EpicMaurice:
there is africa magic igbo bruh.
been watching it for a long time now. Maybe you need to re-scan your dstv.
The level of ignorance on Nairaland is epic. People just comment without even thinking, not to talk of doing a quick research. I too have African magic Igbo on my DSTV compact package, but even if I didn't, I would have checked online before screaming tribalism and marginalization.
Re: Why Is Their No Africa Magic Ibo? by Harbay0101(m): 1:32pm On Aug 20, 2016
Juxtified:

The level of ignorance on Nairaland is epic. People just comment without even thinking, not to talk of doing a quick research. I too have African magic Igbo on my DSTV compact package, but even if I didn't, I would have checked online before screaming tribalism and marginalization.

even Africa magic epic shows more of igbo movies than any other language, i'm not sure he even has a dstv

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Their No Africa Magic Ibo? by OMAR12: 1:32pm On Aug 20, 2016
cstr15:
BT it not the fault of the igbos, most nollywood movies the traditionally related ones are don about Igbo traditions, igbos put sacred traditions on the line when they shoot about it on nollywood. the same nollywood makes other see Igbo as ritualist of some sort due to the kind of movies they act. u can only tell a story of what u know. if a script was written by Yoruba or other tribes it doesn't stop the igbos from producing it, the Yoruba know the in and out of their tribe better than any other tribe so they are in a better place to direct it. all in I think the igbos need to be giving a path on the back for putting their tribe on the line in other to bring the Nigerian movie industry to where it is today begin the number one in African and the number 3 in the world. it a good thing other tribes are taking the loads of the back of the Igbos, I hope to see a Yoruba traditional movie made in English for the local.
Re: Why Is Their No Africa Magic Ibo? by Winna01(m): 2:49pm On Aug 20, 2016
there is African magic igbo( ebe ona kpotu), use a better bouquet, broke as!s tribalistic nigg!a
Re: Why Is Their No Africa Magic Ibo? by satelliteDISH(m): 8:52pm On Aug 20, 2016
doingood:

Op, go get a dstv decoder. They have African magic igbo. It is not included in the gotv package.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Their No Africa Magic Ibo? by doingood: 2:28pm On Aug 21, 2016
Africa magic ibo is shown only on weekends. No specified Africa magic ibo like Yoruba and Hausa
Re: Why Is Their No Africa Magic Ibo? by Everfrank(m): 1:03am On Sep 06, 2016
doingood:
There is Africamagic Igbo on dstv. The truth is that city Igbos don't value their language. They prefer to speak English even to their children- unlike the Yorba and hausa. Hence the low demand. Igbo language may become extinct in the future unless the Igbos have a rethink and teach it to their children.
Re: Why Is Their No Africa Magic Ibo? by Easy023(m): 5:58am On Sep 06, 2016
@ op, if you want to enjoy africa magic ibo on your dstv. You must be on compact (#6,000 per month)
Re: Why Is Their No Africa Magic Ibo? by GodIsBastard(f): 9:01pm On Sep 27, 2016
But why is it not on GOtv?

(1) (Reply)

List Of Playtv Channels Formerly CONSAT / 3.5 Or 4 Meters Dish / Unique Sat Decoder, Any One?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.