Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,473 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

Nigerian Army Finds Out Aisha Wakil The Boko Haram Godmother Is A Igbo - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Army Finds Out Aisha Wakil The Boko Haram Godmother Is A Igbo (1989 Views)

Man Finds Out His Russian Wife Killed, Buried Her Ex Hubby In The Yard 20yrs Ago / Lady Finds Out On Twitter Her Lost Uncle Is A Scammer / See Picture Of Aisha Wakil Declared Wanted By Nigeria Army Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Army Finds Out Aisha Wakil The Boko Haram Godmother Is A Igbo by tunluvus: 3:01pm On Aug 20, 2016
Barrister Aisha Wakil, the Nigerian lawyer and negotiator for the Boko Haram group recently invited by the Nigerian Army for questioning is reportedly Igbo

Conferring to a report by Vanguard states that Barrister Aisha Wakil, the Nigerian lawyer and negotiator for the Boko Haram group recently invited by the Nigerian Army for questioning is of the Igbo stock.
Wakil was reportedly born into an Igbo Christian family, but converted to Islam during her time at the University of Maiduguri where she studied law. The report stated that Wakil’s closest revelation about her linkage to being Igbo was when she was quoted to have disclosed in an interview with a national newspaper her peace-making efforts. According to her, she started the dialogue process since 2009, even before the major crisis erupted because I knew their slain spiritual leader, Muhammad Yusuf.

Her words: “His father-in-law, late Alhaji Baba Fugu Mohammed, was my spiritual father in Islam, and I used to visit his home. “In fact, Mohammed Yusuf almost married my younger sister Amina, but Almighty Allah did not make it possible. So that was how I got closer to the duo. “It went even to the extent that I was cooking food and taking it to the house of late Alhaji Fugu, to the pupils of the Qur’anic school, (almajari).
“And because I am from the southern part of the country, I normally prepared southern dishes, which Yusuf had always come to eat. In fact, he liked my egusi soup very much, and we became very close when his father-in-law told him that I was the one who cooked the food. “So anytime we met, he expressed delight and prayed that Almighty Allah would reward me, for he was eating from my pot and that was how I established a strong relationship with him.” Wakil who is always totally veiled is married to another lawyer, Wakil Gana who is presently a judge with the Borno state High Court.

The couple were named by the Boko Haram sect to negotiate on their behalf during the administration of Dr Goodluck Jonathan. Aisha’s name also featured prominently on the list of government negotiators at the time. Those in the know say, she had almost always carried out her conduct and liaisons with Boko Haram with the knowledge of the authorities. In fact, she is said to be a staff of the National Human Rights Commission. She is famed for calling the Boko Haram insurgents at one point as her children. READ ALSO: Boko Haram: Nigerian military grants bail to Bolori, others She was quoted as saying: said: “Then they were not Boko Haram and Jama’atu ah-lil Sunnah members. It is surprising how these children turned out to be what they are now. I keep on saying there is certainly no smoke without fire. “Something must have triggered those innocent-looking children to grow up behaving the way they are behaving now. “You needed to see them growing up. Sometimes when I start talking about them, I shed tears. Those children prayed, and still pray a lot. I have a mosque in the house, and they would always go in and pray.” During the height of the insurgency, Aisha was able to mobilise some Borno women to come out to protest against the attacks by the Islamist group. At that time she was quoted to have referred to the Boko Haram insurgents as her children. “My sons, I have been begging you since in silence to come out and state your grievances and stop destroying your homeland. Please come out and state your grievances and stop these killings.”

source : http://naijatroller.com/aisha-wakil-boko-haram-godmother-igbo/

1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army Finds Out Aisha Wakil The Boko Haram Godmother Is A Igbo by madridguy(m): 3:05pm On Aug 20, 2016
grin
Re: Nigerian Army Finds Out Aisha Wakil The Boko Haram Godmother Is A Igbo by rottennaija(m): 3:35pm On Aug 20, 2016
IPOB

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Finds Out Aisha Wakil The Boko Haram Godmother Is A Igbo by mesoprogress(m): 5:01pm On Aug 20, 2016
Ability to infiltrate boko haram and government at the same time makes her an asset. it's not even right her name was publicized. She must be very smart to pull this off. Igbos always coming to the rescue.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Finds Out Aisha Wakil The Boko Haram Godmother Is A Igbo by omenka(m): 5:27pm On Aug 20, 2016
mesoprogress:
Ability to infiltrate boko haram and government at the same time makes her an asset. it's not even right her name was publicized. She must be very smart to pull this off. Igbos always coming to the rescue.
Rotflmao!! Dude I envy you die!!

If one isn't a genius, they simply can spin this the way you did! cheesy

Always knew iPods have a thing for coming to the rescue. Asad should hire here to rescue Syria from ISIS. grin

iPods and terrorist organisations... Ooooh, where is that Zuma's picture sef? cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Finds Out Aisha Wakil The Boko Haram Godmother Is A Igbo by betterABIAstate: 5:39pm On Aug 20, 2016
Igbo really matter in this country.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Finds Out Aisha Wakil The Boko Haram Godmother Is A Igbo by months: 5:53pm On Aug 20, 2016
Anybody that believe this cocck and bull story need to get their head fixed.

Nigeria Army finds out a Borno State High Court Judge wife is Igbo? Her husband is a serving member of Nigeria Judicial arm of government and they just found out? Please! spare me the bull shit!

It sound like her husband and yusuf are very good friend and he might know more about Boko Haram than the wife. Boko Haram cannot just nominate a mans wife to mediate and he agree. No man will agree to that, let alone a high court Judge. No man will volunteer to put his wife in harms way.

The Government of Buhari and the core Northern States of Sokoto, Zamfara, Katsina, Kano, Yobe, Borno and Bauchi , know far more about Boko Haram than dey are lettng on. They manage these groups.

Are chibok girls real? Was any girls ever kidnap by Boko Haram? I very much doubt.

Now, a woman fully veiled is claiming igbo identity. How can we verify the identity and story of a woman that we cannot even see her face?

Further, Igbo people should stop taking their kids with them North. Leave them in a boarding school and return(one or both parents) on holidays to care for them in your home town.

These people that call themselves Islamic State are immoral, profane; and wicked without principle or empathy, they are Godless. They constantly contradict themselves.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army Finds Out Aisha Wakil The Boko Haram Godmother Is A Igbo by Acepen(m): 9:16pm On Aug 20, 2016
Yeah we know them...the flat heads never seem to surprise us
Re: Nigerian Army Finds Out Aisha Wakil The Boko Haram Godmother Is A Igbo by Nobody: 10:27pm On Aug 20, 2016
Ok!, they're right she was born into an Igbo christian family, she went to school in maiduguri and was converted to Islam, her name changed to Aisha whatever, she read their Koran and followed their Islamic part, she even has a mosque in her house.

She's no longer an Igbo woman, but Hausa/northerner.
When one denounce his/her religion and takes up another, they're identified with the new one.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Finds Out Aisha Wakil The Boko Haram Godmother Is A Igbo by Nobody: 11:49pm On Aug 20, 2016
herbie27:
Ok!, they're right she was born into an Igbo christian family, she went to school in maiduguri and was converted to Islam, her name changed to Aisha whatever, she read their Koran and followed their Islamic part, she even has a mosque in her house.

She's no longer an Igbo woman, but Hausa/northerner.
When one denounce his/her religion and takes up another, they're identified with the new one.

What does religion have to do with tribe? ? I mean how does one's religion change one's tribe??

School me
Re: Nigerian Army Finds Out Aisha Wakil The Boko Haram Godmother Is A Igbo by nyabinghi(m): 6:52am On Aug 21, 2016
months:
Anybody that believe this cocck and bull story need to get their head fixed.

Nigeria Army finds out a Borno State High Court Judge wife is Igbo? Her husband is a serving member of Nigeria Judicial arm of government and they just found out? Please! spare me the bull shit!

It sound like her husband and yusuf are very good friend and he might know more about Boko Haram than the wife. Boko Haram cannot just nominate a mans wife to mediate and he agree. No man will agree to that, let alone a high court Judge. No man will volunteer to put his wife in harms way.

The Government of Buhari and the core Northern States of Sokoto, Zamfara, Katsina, Kano, Yobe, Borno and Bauchi , know far more about Boko Haram than dey are lettng on. They manage these groups.

Are chibok girls real? Was any girls ever kidnap by Boko Haram? I very much doubt.

Now, a woman fully veiled is claiming igbo identity. How can we verify the identity and story of a woman that we cannot even see her face?

Further, Igbo people should stop taking their kids with them North. Leave them in a boarding school and return(one or both parents) on holidays to care for them in your home town.

These people that call themselves Islamic State are immoral, profane; and wicked without principle or empathy, they are Godless. They constantly contradict themselves.
your own christian state is so godly with tales of pastors raping people,kids, armed robbery, drug pushing etc.
Re: Nigerian Army Finds Out Aisha Wakil The Boko Haram Godmother Is A Igbo by ItsMeAboki(m): 8:38am On Aug 21, 2016
Freiden:

What does religion have to do with tribe? ? I mean how does one's religion change one's tribe??

School me

No mind am, na shop girl mentality dey worry am.
Re: Nigerian Army Finds Out Aisha Wakil The Boko Haram Godmother Is A Igbo by Nobody: 8:50am On Aug 21, 2016
Freiden:

School me
Since you're still of the opinion she's an igbo woman, which of the igbo states does she reside currently?, which church does she attend?, what's her name?, when you've answered those question, you will realised what religion got to do with tribe.
Re: Nigerian Army Finds Out Aisha Wakil The Boko Haram Godmother Is A Igbo by Nobody: 9:49am On Aug 21, 2016
herbie27:
Since you're still of the opinion she's an igbo woman, which of the igbo states does she reside currently?, which church does she attend?, what's her name?, when you've answered those question, you will realised what religion got to do with tribe.

Woman! Change your orientation. She's still igbo. There are people from the eastern part of the country....there are people from the south-south that are muslims. Because i changed my name to Chinedu and i now reside in the east doesnt change the fact that yoruba blood runs in me. Stop being a tribalist and dont let yourself be blinded by religion.

ONE LOVE
ONE NIGERIA.
Re: Nigerian Army Finds Out Aisha Wakil The Boko Haram Godmother Is A Igbo by Alphaoscar: 11:36am On Aug 28, 2016
This is interesting .
Re: Nigerian Army Finds Out Aisha Wakil The Boko Haram Godmother Is A Igbo by Dayoto: 12:27pm On Aug 28, 2016
H
Re: Nigerian Army Finds Out Aisha Wakil The Boko Haram Godmother Is A Igbo by bishop4life(m): 2:42pm On Aug 28, 2016
Mtcheew... What was her real name. Who are her parents. Siblings, any? NA and propaganda these days tire me oo. What kind of news is this?
Re: Nigerian Army Finds Out Aisha Wakil The Boko Haram Godmother Is A Igbo by Deadright2(m): 3:16pm On Aug 28, 2016
She is not Igbo, Igbos can never be terrorists this is islamization strategy, this plan is dead on arrival.
Re: Nigerian Army Finds Out Aisha Wakil The Boko Haram Godmother Is A Igbo by winj: 3:48pm On Aug 28, 2016
I'm not surprised, igbo will do anything for money...they sell their parents for money, they take drugs to places with death penalty - Boko haram is nothing to igbos when money is involved
Re: Nigerian Army Finds Out Aisha Wakil The Boko Haram Godmother Is A Igbo by Kdon2: 1:04am On Sep 03, 2016
nyabinghi:
your own christian state is so godly with tales of pastors raping people,kids, armed robbery, drug pushing etc.

So the people selling cocaine and other hard drugs in mecca are christians abi??
Re: Nigerian Army Finds Out Aisha Wakil The Boko Haram Godmother Is A Igbo by George22016(m): 2:52am On Sep 03, 2016
winj:
I'm not surprised, igbo will do anything for money...they sell their parents for money, they take drugs to places with death penalty - Boko haram is nothing to igbos when money is involved

and to think you said this on my birthday
Re: Nigerian Army Finds Out Aisha Wakil The Boko Haram Godmother Is A Igbo by nyabinghi(m): 6:59am On Sep 03, 2016
Kdon2:

So the people selling cocaine and other hard drugs in mecca are christians abi??
so the ritualists and robbers are not christians ba
Re: Nigerian Army Finds Out Aisha Wakil The Boko Haram Godmother Is A Igbo by winj: 9:08am On Sep 03, 2016
George22016:

and to think you said this on my birthday

Why don't you look at the wider picture
Your birthday is insignificant in comparison to the humiliation suffered daily at airports and cities around the world due to ibo activities in those places.

(1) (Reply)

See The Letter The Commisioner Of Police Wrote To Sars / Man Mourns On His Late Brother's Corpse After He Was Shot Dead. Graphic Photos / Update On FUTO Final Year Student And Her CORPER BOYFRIEND Killed In Ghastly Acc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.