Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,294 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:08 AM

Need Help With Android Studio - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Need Help With Android Studio (918 Views)

I Need Help With Android Studio! / Gradle Problem In Android Studio / Help Fix This Android Studio Error Dhtml18 And Otherd (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Need Help With Android Studio by prinzfunchi(m): 3:48pm On Aug 20, 2016
I have Android studio 1.4.1
I tried updating it but the site says I have to download a new version instead so I downloaded AS 2.2 without SDK (cuz I already have SDK) .. Na there wahala start o

1. My old projects stopped opening (told me to set proxy bla bla)
2. Gradle build was extremely slow (instead of it to be faster)

My question is, can't I use the SDK that came with the version 1.4.1 with the new version 2.2?

Are there some stuff I need to update in my SDK or I need to get the AS with SDK?

Help a brother
Re: Need Help With Android Studio by lekropasky(m): 6:52pm On Aug 20, 2016
I think theres a recommendation from jetbrain that says you should remove older version before installing the newer. And, how did you uninstall 'only' the IDE, i thought its bundled together with the SDK. My 2cents, -using the option menu click on 'files' -then select 'invalidate cache and restart', it should work, but if the problem persists uninstall anything Android and download Android Studio v2.2 with SDK and start all over again.
Re: Need Help With Android Studio by prinzfunchi(m): 7:30pm On Aug 20, 2016
lekropasky:
I think theres a recommendation from jetbrain that says you should remove older version before installing the newer. And, how did you uninstall 'only' the IDE, i thought its bundled together with the SDK. My 2cents, -using the option menu click on 'files' -then select 'invalidate cache and restart', it should work, but if the problem persists uninstall anything Android and download Android Studio v2.2 with SDK and start all over again.

While Uninstalling there's an option to keep user settings and SDK, that's what I did

(1) (Reply)

Installing Drupal / Learn Microsoft Excel/Excel VBA / Equipping Yourself With The Right Skills For A Better Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.