Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,030 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:01 PM

Gradle Problem In Android Studio - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Gradle Problem In Android Studio (2957 Views)

Android Programmers, How Can I Set Gradle Proxy Settings. / Deploy Build Automation With Gradle / I Keep Getting This Error Message "Gradle Project Syn Failed... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gradle Problem In Android Studio by Asuokaa: 5:46pm On Jun 20, 2017
hi guys an having an issue with as showing Gradle project refresh failed.. unknown host 'services.gradle.org'. you may need to adjust the proxy settings in gradle..

how do i adjust it am using as 2.3.3

Thanks
Re: Gradle Problem In Android Studio by kudaisi(m): 6:44pm On Jun 20, 2017
Re: Gradle Problem In Android Studio by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jun 20, 2017
connection to a high speed internet .
sync gradle online . install all the missing components like google repository ,Android repository and build 24
Re: Gradle Problem In Android Studio by Asuokaa: 7:22pm On Jun 20, 2017
proxy20:
connection to a high speed internet .
sync gradle online . install all the missing components like google repository ,Android repository and build 24

cant i build my apps offline
Re: Gradle Problem In Android Studio by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jun 20, 2017
Asuokaa:

cant i build my apps offline

you need to compile the code online. you can build Offline .
Re: Gradle Problem In Android Studio by Asuokaa: 7:44pm On Jun 20, 2017
Re: Gradle Problem In Android Studio by Asuokaa: 7:45pm On Jun 20, 2017
proxy20:

my design layout is not showing too
Re: Gradle Problem In Android Studio by Asuokaa: 7:46pm On Jun 20, 2017
proxy20:

can i build and compile later am new to android studio
Re: Gradle Problem In Android Studio by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jun 20, 2017
I had this same problem some weeks ago, there are a couple of ways to fix this issue..
1) Be sure you installed the right JDK 7 and above
2) Once you launch the studio , connect to the internet go to the error message at the bottom of studio click on the link that ask you to remove offline gradle use, its immediately notifies you of an update of Google /jre repository accept and install, its often a large file about 198 mb. After installing and unzipping.. The error will be resolved . u can disconnect your internet and build your app offline..
Re: Gradle Problem In Android Studio by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jun 20, 2017
Post your errors with screenshot, i I'll guide you through it
Re: Gradle Problem In Android Studio by francollimasso: 10:57pm On Jun 20, 2017
rychard:
Post your errors with screenshot, i I'll guide you through it
emulator doesn't show up after running, pls what could have gone wrong
Re: Gradle Problem In Android Studio by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jun 21, 2017
To run the emulator first your gradle must be functioning and able to build the app.

If you have been able to get your gradle to work, then run the app, it should show u options, check the option that allows use of emulator ...
Emulator takes an inordinate amount if space on ur hard drive and ram. Its safer to run the app on your phone by debugging your phone USB
Re: Gradle Problem In Android Studio by ezzylee(m): 6:25pm On Jun 21, 2017
Also remember that if you wanna go through the route of running your app on the Android Studio Emulator (running on your Android device is faster and less stressful), your pc has to support virtualisation.

And for your grade ish, as everyone has said, connect your PC to the Internet and build your grade. It should download all the required components needed for your project.

And for your design layout, is it that it's not showing or its giving you some error like that on the layout screen?
Re: Gradle Problem In Android Studio by Asuokaa: 9:29pm On Jun 21, 2017
ezzylee:
Also remember that if you wanna go through the route of running your app on the Android Studio Emulator (running on your Android device is faster and less stressful), your pc has to support virtualisation.

And for your grade ish, as everyone has said, connect your PC to the Internet and build your grade. It should download all the required components needed for your project.

And for your design layout, is it that it's not showing or its giving you some error like that on the layout screen?

its not showing
Re: Gradle Problem In Android Studio by FraNKAPP(m): 8:10am On Jun 22, 2017
I was having this same issue 8 days ago when I started using the Android Studio 3.0 Preview version. Anyway, I later managed to solve the problem. Check my signature and give me a call so that I can put you through on that. No time to type here...

Asuokaa:
hi guys an having an issue with as showing Gradle project refresh failed.. unknown host 'services.gradle.org'. you may need to adjust the proxy settings in gradle..

how do i adjust it am using as 2.3.3

Thanks
Re: Gradle Problem In Android Studio by talk2hb1(m): 12:33pm On Jun 22, 2017
Asuokaa:

its not showing
Lower the API version, I assume your system doesnt support that default varsion
Re: Gradle Problem In Android Studio by Asuokaa: 1:46pm On Jun 22, 2017
talk2hb1:

Lower the API version, I assume your system doesnt support that default varsion

how do i lower d api version
Re: Gradle Problem In Android Studio by talk2hb1(m): 2:43pm On Jun 22, 2017
Asuokaa:

how do i lower d api version
Was falling asleep when posting then, their is the API level drop down at the top of you view, select it to change to lower api level.

(1) (Reply)

C++ Thread For Beginners / Converting Stand-alone Application To Network-based(client-server) / How To Connet C++ Mfc Application With Mysql

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.