Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:30 AM

Along Came A Wife - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Along Came A Wife (648 Views)

"They Came" / Make Me A Wife / TRAPPED.... The Story Of A Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Along Came A Wife by DopeyNickz(m): 6:07pm On Aug 20, 2016
I cast another glance at my wrist watch, not necessarily to determine the time as I had already glanced a minute ago, but to admire its luster and masculinity. It was a cherished wedding gift from Dad. I had forgiven him for missing my wedding. His job had mandatorily taken him abroad that week and he couldn’t miss the once-in-a-life-time promotion opportunity, even if it was my burial. It wasn’t new of him. I had understood him by now. He was a good father, he played his role in my life excellently but his beliefs were different from the ideal. He believed in living his own life too without letting that of his kids interfere. “I have a life with your mother. She’s the only one I’m obligated to. You kids just got in the way. Grow up, get education, get a job, get married and get the hell out of my life.” That was always his defense line whenever he did something “unfatherly” like missing my graduation ceremony or my wedding day. He was a workaholic with the energy of a new employee.

But today wasn’t about my father. It was ten minutes after twelve o’clock, a sunny Saturday and I was with Idaraesit at MildWind Boutique. She was picking up new clothes. “Big Daddy, please pull up this zipper for me. I think this dress is a bit loose around the hips,” she said, trying to get me involved in her shopping. I pulled the zipper up and continued typing a mail on my tab. “Big Daddy you haven’t said a word. Won’t you even look at the dress?” I didn’t realize she was asking. I thought it was more of a conclusive statement. Maybe it was a rhetorical way of seeking my opinion. I raised my face and examined her in the glossy grey gown. She looked as beautiful as the first time I met her. I was proud she was the one I walked down the aisle with a month ago. “Uh…yeah. It’s few inches loose, don’t you think that’s what you need? You know…” I hesitated to complete, then teased her in a lower voice, “…married ladies expand exponentially.” She threw me the mischievous ‘you-have-started’ look. I chuckled and...

continued at: http://gistcreek..com.ng/2016/08/along-came-wife-by-nickz.html

(1) (Reply)

My Taxi Experience - Make Una Help Me Judge This Case Abeg (A Must Read) / 3 Nigerians(teju Cole, Igoni Barrett,helen Oyeyemi) Made Penamerican Longlist / Happy Birthday To One Of Nl-literature Most Dedicated Reader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.