Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,566 members, 7,955,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:58 PM

Top 3 Highest-paid Premier League Footballers - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Top 3 Highest-paid Premier League Footballers (1926 Views)

TOP 10 Highest Paid Young Footballers [2018] Neymar Isn't Number 1... / Footballers That Snatched Their Team Mates Girl Friend / Highest-paid Footballers:(this Peoples Can Feed The Whole Of Nigeria) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 3 Highest-paid Premier League Footballers by Emmaxman4best: 12:50am On Aug 21, 2016
The top three highest-paid Premier League footballers in the 2016/17 season have been revealed.

As it appears, Manchester United now have one of the highest wage bills in the league with 3 of their star players topping the list.

The salaries may be eye-watering, but it’s worth remembering that the Premier League is the most watched football league in the world, and club income is accordingly huge.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Zlatan Ibrahimovic wants to conquer the English Premier League. The 34-year-old Sweden, who had interest from MLS, reunited with former boss and fellow iconic ego Jose Mourinho at Manchester United.

The striker signed a one-year contract worth approximately £250k+ per week.

Salary Per Week: £250,000+
Annually: £13.1m

Wayne Rooney

Wayne Rooney was formerly the highest-paid Premier League player before the start of the new season. The Manchester United captain has scored 178 goals for United since joining them in 2004.

Salary Per Week: £260,000
Annually: £13.5m

Paul Pogba

Paul Pogba’s £290,000-a-week wages make him the highest-paid player in the Premier League ahead of Wayne Rooney and Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

Just four years after the club declined to pay him £65,000 a week, Pogba is now paid more than four times that amount to surpass Wayne Rooney as the Premier League’s highest earner.

Back in 2012, United were alarmed by the demands that Pogba’s agent Mino Raiola was making on behalf of a youngster who had made only seven first-team appearances, all as substitute. Now the story is different.

Salary Per Week: £290,000
Annually: £15.33m

SOURCE: http://www.petmaxflame.com/2016/08/top-3-highest-paid-premier-league.html

1 Like

Re: Top 3 Highest-paid Premier League Footballers by Nobody: 12:57am On Aug 21, 2016
Oya the top 3 highest paid NPFL players

Micheal james(enyimba) - #180,000 monthly
Idris babayaro (kano pillars) - #170,000monthly
Solomon Gana(warri wolves) - #160,000monthly

And taxes haven't been removed yet o grin grin

P.s before anyone starts quoting me, I just made up the names and yes, the highest earners earn a maximum of 200k
Re: Top 3 Highest-paid Premier League Footballers by mannobi(m): 1:07am On Aug 21, 2016
Moneychester united
Re: Top 3 Highest-paid Premier League Footballers by Nobody: 1:18am On Aug 21, 2016
mannobi:
Moneychester united

More like manCASHter united
Re: Top 3 Highest-paid Premier League Footballers by Slimflame(m): 3:54am On Aug 21, 2016
Budweiser:

P.s before anyone starts quoting me, I just made up the names and yes, the highest earners earn a maximum of 200k
wats wrong wit dat
Re: Top 3 Highest-paid Premier League Footballers by Nobody: 7:10am On Aug 21, 2016
Slimflame:
wats wrong wit dat

Am comparing it to foreign footballers
Re: Top 3 Highest-paid Premier League Footballers by Nobody: 8:48am On Aug 21, 2016
Budweiser:

NPFL can still be the highest paid in the world if you & i are willing to pay #50,000 for ticket to watch them & also have capable channels like Super Sport, Sky Sport, Bein Sport buying wright to air the match

1 Like

Re: Top 3 Highest-paid Premier League Footballers by Nobody: 10:42am On Aug 21, 2016
fados4sure:

NPFL can still be the highest paid in the world if you & i are willing to pay #50,000 for ticket to watch them & also have capable channels like Super Sport, Sky Sport, Bein Sport buying wright to air the match

If only they play good, quality football. Instead all I see is three teammates going for the same ball. Smh!
Re: Top 3 Highest-paid Premier League Footballers by Nobody: 11:00am On Aug 21, 2016
Budweiser:

If only they play good, quality football. Instead all I see is three teammates going for the same ball. Smh!
I don't really know what you mean by quality football.

Most of the NPFL club as i speak to you now are coach by foreigner & also have a lot of foreign players as well
Re: Top 3 Highest-paid Premier League Footballers by Nobody: 12:12pm On Aug 21, 2016
fados4sure:

I don't really know what you mean by quality football.

Most of the NPFL club as i speak to you now are coach by foreigner & also have a lot of foreign players as well

Does that mean they play well. Aren't there foreign teams playing shit
Re: Top 3 Highest-paid Premier League Footballers by Nobody: 12:45pm On Aug 21, 2016
Budweiser:

Does that mean they play well. Aren't there foreign teams playing shit
You 'r talking non sense
&
Don't quote me again
Re: Top 3 Highest-paid Premier League Footballers by Nobody: 1:46pm On Aug 21, 2016
fados4sure:

You 'r talking non sense

&

Don't quote me again

Smh!
Re: Top 3 Highest-paid Premier League Footballers by Emmaxman4best: 12:50am On Aug 22, 2016
Y the fighting?
Budweiser:

Smh!

(1) (Reply)

An Analysis Of The Top 20 Richest Football Clubs / Robin Van Persie Is Now A Machester United Player / Tevez In Trouble In Man City.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.