Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,410 members, 7,836,642 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

Price Lists For Hardware Parts - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Price Lists For Hardware Parts (2024 Views)

Come Over Here To Resolve Your PC Issues Both Soft And Hardware Related! / Email Mailing Lists For Sale / My Laptop Does Not Detect New Hardware (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Price Lists For Hardware Parts by rozilla(m): 10:48pm On Dec 12, 2006
can someone give me an estimate of how much the following items would cost me:

- ATX box + powerpack
- P3 Mainboard + processor (>=500MHz)
- 512MB RAM
- 20GB HDD
Re: Price Lists For Hardware Parts by sbucareer(f): 11:38pm On Dec 12, 2006

These are old technologies. If you are interested in building state of the art Pc, particularly for gaming and powerful network solution like server go for

1. GigaByte GA-965P-DQ6 Motherboard R
2. [url=http://www.intel.com/cd/products/services/emea/eng/desktop/processors/300131.htm?=emea:ggl|c2d_uk_brand|k6D85|s]Core 2 Duo Extrem[/url]
3. 2 x 1 SATA Hard Drive 500GB the motherboard come with RAID that is why you have R at the end of the motherboard name configure the RAID to 0+1 so you have 1TB bootable
4. Kingston DDR2 SDRAM 4 x 1GB total RAM 4GB
5. Motherboard come with PCI Express which supersede AGP

Remember that the motherboard has its MBR running at 1066/800/533 MHz FSB. If you have a system like this you are safe for the next 2 years at least. Also the SATA HD is shifting data at the rate of 3000 Gb/sec compare to the old IDE of 100Mb/Sec and has a 7200Rpm with 16Mb buffer

With £2500, I would build you a system like this including postage and package to any part of the world. I accept credit cards and paypal, just login and click on send money with the following details

[glow=blue,1,4]
Recipient's Email or Phone: valentine.obih@gmail.com
Amount: £2500
Currency: Pounds Sterling
Category of Purchase: Goods (other)
Email subject: Core2 Duo Extreme Computer

Note: I am from Nairaland please give me a discount
[/glow]
Re: Price Lists For Hardware Parts by sbucareer(f): 10:53am On Dec 13, 2006

The above includes an 18 inch flat monitor, wireless keyboard and mouse. No speakers but can do a discount if interested.

I am still designing my website and will give you the URL links later.

@rozilla,

I can do a better offer for your for £300 + £50 postage and package including an 18 inch flat monitor + keyboard and mouse

Pentium4 3.4MHz
RAM RDRAM 1GB
AGP 32Mb
IDE HD 500GB
4 X 1 USB 2.0
100/1000 Ethernet Port
Motherboard, ASUS Intel, S370, AGP 4x, RDRAM 133, ATX

Technical Specification of motherboard

Manufacturer: Asus

Form Factor: ATX 

CPU Socket: 370 

FSB/HT Speed: 133 MHz

Chipset: Intel 

Memory Type: RDRAM 

Memory Type (ECC): ECC 

Memory Type (R/U): Registered 

Memory Speed (Mhz): 133

Memory Capacity: 1GB 

On Board VGA: 

Graphics Interface: AGP 4x 

SLI: 

Core 2 Duo: 

Crossfire: 

Expansion Slots: 5 x PCI (32 bit)

SATA: N/A

RAID: N/A

SCSI: 

MODT: 

Back Panel: 1 x Parallel (LPT)
1 x PS/2 Keyboard
1 x PS/2 Mouse
2 x Serial (COM)
2 x USB 1.1

Internal I/O: 2 x IDE
3 x Memory Slots

Re: Price Lists For Hardware Parts by rozilla(m): 9:25pm On Dec 13, 2006
omo, i'm not looking for something with which to control military satellites and nuclear launchpads, man.
i was thinking more along the lines of computer village equipment, u know. 2500pds or even 350pds to spend on a computer, i'd be a contemporary of a whole 'nother level.
thanks, anyways sha. grin
Re: Price Lists For Hardware Parts by adewaleafolabi(m): 9:52pm On Dec 13, 2006
@rozilla technology changes very rapidly, so if u want to get a pc then i suggest you get the latest in technlogy unless u need a testing machine then consider a p4 or p3
Re: Price Lists For Hardware Parts by ishmael(m): 7:47am On Dec 14, 2006
rozilla:

can someone give me an estimate of how much the following items would cost me:

- ATX box + powerpack
- P3 Mainboard + processor (>=500MHz)
- 512MB RAM
- 20GB HDD

Pally kool down; you can get all these parts in ikeja computer village very cheap and i assure you they will last. Let me give you an estimate:

[b]ATX casing with powerpack - N5,500
P4 systemboard + processor - N18,000   **(P3 would be less than N18,000)
512MB DDRAM - N6,000
20GB HDD - N6000   **(Alternatively 80GB HDD @ N8,500)[/b]You can go to computer village yourself and ask for their prices if you will have the time. **Note that i'm only giving you an estimate and not the true cost.
Re: Price Lists For Hardware Parts by sbucareer(f): 11:13am On Dec 14, 2006

The Ishmael quote will cost you 38K. With the difference of 37k i.e 75K at the exchange rate of 250/1 pound You will have a system to be proud of. It only make financially investment acumen. If you look at it under one year you'd spend more than 75k for add-ons and upgrade to catch-up with later technologies like Vista that runs on 64Bits application. Java, .Net 3.0 version coming out soon Microsoft Office Vista that definitely runs on 64 bits apps.

If you are buying computer to learn old apps like Window 95x/NT/2000/XP, which is not bad then you will lose out on many new features of the 64bits apps.

These technologies are not coming out because they sound good, they come out to meet the new generation application softwares.

If you want a satellite and oil rig computer, you cannot afford it. Besides they don't use single processors, they use grid/arrays or parallel processors sometime called supercomputers and they cost Millions of $/£. The computer configuration I showwed you above is not the only configuration. You can still have core 2 Duo for less. Just tell me what you want I will tell you the price.

If you are not ready to own a computer don't say the prize is too much. If you are serious with IT and computers the language you used is out of line.

If you buy your configurations you would be left behind. See Microsoft compatibility list for Vista. Advice, save money and get your self a computer not a Pc.

Note, I am not having a go with you, just telling you the way it is with technology. It is like mobile phones wait for a while their prices will fall very low.
Re: Price Lists For Hardware Parts by adewaleafolabi(m): 12:00pm On Dec 14, 2006
yes sbucareer is right, just take a look at vista's compatibility list and you would be amazed although linux doesn't need so much power but in due time everything will need a 64bit processor. @sbucareer i have always thought of how gaming on a super computer would be like. Is it possible or am just kidding myself? and when i have enough cash i'll let u know. i also need a new pc. i use a p4 thats getting outdated now
Re: Price Lists For Hardware Parts by ishmael(m): 6:11pm On Dec 14, 2006
The guy probably needs something cheap.
Re: Price Lists For Hardware Parts by rozilla(m): 1:22am On Dec 15, 2006
ishmael:

The guy probably needs something cheap.

omo na so. i'm currently on an old dell desktop P2 400MHz, 10GB, 128MB. i have a 20k budget to get me something a bit better. when obj's reforms finally grip, then maybe i'll get back to u on those quantum-engineered machines u mentioned above wink
plus i have no plans for getting on the vista bandwagon at all, to be honest. i'm looking to switch to linux as my primary OS and to use nothing more than Win2K when it's absolutely necessary.
Re: Price Lists For Hardware Parts by sbucareer(f): 3:22am On Dec 15, 2006
adewaleafolabi:
@sbucareer i have always thought of how gaming on a super computer would be like. Is it possible or am just kidding myself?

adewaleafolabi, hmmm!!! it is very possible. Maybe not the one at Pentagon or HMS defense. If you attach your game console to one of the supercomputers it will be like warp drive (A term used in Star Trek) to depict velocity greater than speed of light. With warp speed you only need less than a second to travel from America to Nigeria. It is used for interspace travel to other stars systems. It would be equivalent to that.

But you can do what Dr Philip Emeagwali, pick all them old processors from 486 to Pentium4 that nobody wants to use. Get like thousands of them.

Learn about DSM (Distributed Share Memory) and DC (Distributed Computer), particularly learn the term multiprocessors and multicomputer. Even you do not need to buy or acquire processors, you can write a powerful program after learning DSM and DC to connect to the internet and use every node processor and memory to process a data like game.

Remember internet collectively as a DSM and DC is one million times powerful than supercomputers. A lot of research is already been carried out into these field. The problem with internet is latency and speed, when you start to read into the research.

To understand this term, the depicted picture is a section of my research. I can email you the whole research if you are interested in building a parallel computer for you gaming.

Note you MUST be good at C/C++ to write the program that will control your nodes.

Re: Price Lists For Hardware Parts by adewaleafolabi(m): 8:34am On Dec 15, 2006
i once came across parallel computing and something like bewolf i think. here's my mail adewaleafolabi2@yahoo.com am interested thanks
Re: Price Lists For Hardware Parts by forgiven(m): 1:16am On Dec 18, 2006
Is it possible to get an external DVD rom in the computer village and if possible, like how much can i get one?

(1) (Reply)

Uk Used Acer Aspire Mini Laptops For Sale At 30k (looks Like New) / Help! My External Hard Drive Is Inaccessible / I Need A Good Vpn On My Laptop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.