Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

10 Reasons Why Direct Entry Candidates Might Not Be Admitted This Year - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Reasons Why Direct Entry Candidates Might Not Be Admitted This Year (9694 Views)

Can I Be Admitted With This Kind Of Result For Computer Science? / Get Admitted This Year 2017 / Will I Be Admitted To Study MBBS In Bayero University Kano With This Score? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Reasons Why Direct Entry Candidates Might Not Be Admitted This Year by davidhandsome: 2:21pm On Aug 21, 2016
*REASONS WHY DIRECT ENTRY APPLICANTS MIGHT NOT GAIN ADMISSION THIS YEAR*

1. TRANSCRIPT ISSUES
This would come as No1 on my list because many schools makes use of this little documents in screening candidates for admission.

Many students don't even know about a document called transcript and therefore may not even bother processing it and forwarding it to their school of choice. This single act alone is enough to put an end to their dream of a university education.

*2. WEAK O'LLEVELS
The so much underated waec and neco results might actually have a big role to play in the direct entry admissions...

Many D.E candidates are not aware that many schools use this as a medium of screening candidates due to the high number of applicants... A student with 5A's and B's stand a higher chance of gaining admission than a student with 5C's in relevant subjects.

*3. LACK OF INFORMATION
This is another major reason that has caused student to miss their admission.

Taking U.I as a case study, many D.E applicant do not even know that the submission of transcript for this year admission is currently on...The school might not in any way call for the submission of transcript, this also applies to other schools.

I remember losing my admission back then in 2013 when i wrote my first jamb due to lack of information.

I urge students to always source for information about their particular school of choice. The little information u get might give u an edge over other applicants.

*4. WRONG DECISIONS
Being a D.E candidate, jamb and your school of choice expect us to be matured to make the right decision.

Therefore, it comes as a big shock to me when i see applicants making the wrong course combination in the course of their admission process.

It is very difficult for a ND graduate of civil engineering to gain admission to study mechanical engineering in the university...ENDEAVOR TO MAKE THE RIGHT DECISIONS.

*5. I TOO KNOW SYNDROME (ITK)
As funny as this sounds, it has cost a lot of D.E applicants their admissions.

Many D.E applicants think they know too much and therefore give little or no room for corrections.

Students should endeavor to humble themselves and seek for advice from those who are more experienced than themselves in the area of direct entry admissions...HUMILITY PAYS.

*6. GOING FOR COMPETITIVE COURSES
Am not in anyway trying to discourage any applicant from chasing their dream courses. What i humbly advise is for student to apply common sense when picking their course of study.

It might be very difficult for a bsc holder of second class upper to gain admission to study medicine or a ND holder with a weak upper credit to gain admission to study mechanical engineering despite the fact they met the minimum requirements. This is because those courses are very competitive and only the best of the best are admitted...THINK WISELY

*7. CHOICE OF SCHOOL
This is also a determining factor in the direct entry admissions.

What goes for uniben might not go for unilag. Many students don't even know unilag minimum requirement is now distinction not upper credit.

Always get your facts right on a particular school before picking them for admission.

*8. INABILITY TO FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS
As minute as this might be, it has been the cause of many admission failures into Nigeria universities.

When a school asks for the uploading of a particular document, never go for the alternative.
Your ability to follow instructions goes a long way in securing your admission into the university.

*9. NOT PUTTING GOD FIRST
To me particularly, this is a major reason why applicants don't secure admissions.
Looking at the high number of candidates applying for the very limited slots is enough reason for you to put God first.

If u believe in jesus pray to him very well. if Allah, do not hesitate to pray. Likewise songo and other gods...
As for me i believe JESUS is the way.

10.You can add yours

At this point, i drop my pen...✍?

Originally written by -davidhandsome
A university of ibadan direct entry applicant.

WARNING- THIS ARTICLE MUST NOT BE COPIED WITHOUT THE CONSENT OF THE AUTHOR.

just kidding o...abeg share to all D.E applicants.. grin

Cc- lalasticlala, fynestboi...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why Direct Entry Candidates Might Not Be Admitted This Year by Nobody: 2:28pm On Aug 21, 2016
Nice one
Re: 10 Reasons Why Direct Entry Candidates Might Not Be Admitted This Year by gsley: 3:20pm On Aug 21, 2016
ibadan direct entry applicant lol
Re: 10 Reasons Why Direct Entry Candidates Might Not Be Admitted This Year by davidhandsome: 4:15pm On Aug 21, 2016
Lalasticlala...i call upon thee
Re: 10 Reasons Why Direct Entry Candidates Might Not Be Admitted This Year by bawz012(m): 5:20pm On Aug 21, 2016
we don hear

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Direct Entry Candidates Might Not Be Admitted This Year by Toyade888(m): 5:22pm On Aug 21, 2016
lovely write up.
dont forget to cc fynestboi
Re: 10 Reasons Why Direct Entry Candidates Might Not Be Admitted This Year by ashewoboy(m): 6:14pm On Aug 21, 2016
Wow! Nice. Lalasticlala, do the needful.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Direct Entry Candidates Might Not Be Admitted This Year by cutiedave(m): 6:50pm On Aug 21, 2016
I call on lalasticlala
Re: 10 Reasons Why Direct Entry Candidates Might Not Be Admitted This Year by davuvid(m): 7:59pm On Aug 21, 2016
Can one apply for D.E. Without NYSC certificate?
Re: 10 Reasons Why Direct Entry Candidates Might Not Be Admitted This Year by davidhandsome: 8:08pm On Aug 21, 2016
davuvid:
Can one apply for D.E. Without NYSC certificate?
it depends on ur skul of choice bro

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Direct Entry Candidates Might Not Be Admitted This Year by davuvid(m): 8:15pm On Aug 21, 2016
davidhandsome:
it depends on ur skul of choice bro

Alright...thanks
Re: 10 Reasons Why Direct Entry Candidates Might Not Be Admitted This Year by Jhydey192(m): 8:33pm On Aug 21, 2016
Thanks big man. Please the UI issue you mentioned, when is the transcript submission deadline? I will be glad if you get back to me as soon as possible.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Direct Entry Candidates Might Not Be Admitted This Year by davidhandsome: 8:40pm On Aug 21, 2016
Jhydey192:
Thanks big man. Please the UI issue you mentioned, when is the transcript submission deadline? I will be glad if you get back to me as soon as possible.
there is no specific deadline bro...just try and submit d transcript b4 d skul starts her online registration for d.e applicants...
Re: 10 Reasons Why Direct Entry Candidates Might Not Be Admitted This Year by Jhydey192(m): 8:48pm On Aug 21, 2016
davidhandsome:
there is no specific deadline bro...just try and submit d transcript b4 d skul starts her online registration for d.e applicants...
You just saved someone. Should it be directly sent to the University of Ibadan from the school I graduated from as official copy or otherwise. And please, if it is the official copy is the address the admissions office of the University
Re: 10 Reasons Why Direct Entry Candidates Might Not Be Admitted This Year by davidhandsome: 9:14pm On Aug 21, 2016
Jhydey192:

You just saved someone. Should it be directly sent to the University of Ibadan from the school I graduated from as official copy or otherwise. And please, if it is the official copy is the address the admissions office of the University
yea its meant to be sent from d skul u graduated from...and should be addressed to "THE UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSION OFFICE"

But i personally advise students to try nd collect it from the skul dey graduated from by hand, and take it down to u.i for submission. This method is faster, but d catch here is dat not all skul agrees to handover d transcripts to students by hand...
Re: 10 Reasons Why Direct Entry Candidates Might Not Be Admitted This Year by rishies(m): 9:53pm On Aug 21, 2016
OP.

-Nice try-

This should definitely go to FRONT PAGE
Re: 10 Reasons Why Direct Entry Candidates Might Not Be Admitted This Year by davidhandsome: 10:16pm On Aug 21, 2016
rishies:
OP.

-Nice try-

This should definitely go to FRONT PAGE
help me tell lalasticlala and fynestboi o grin
Re: 10 Reasons Why Direct Entry Candidates Might Not Be Admitted This Year by davidhandsome: 5:35am On Aug 22, 2016
lilyqueen:
Nice one
thanks
Re: 10 Reasons Why Direct Entry Candidates Might Not Be Admitted This Year by davidhandsome: 5:35am On Aug 22, 2016
ashewoboy:
Wow! Nice. Lalasticlala, do the needful.
thanks
Re: 10 Reasons Why Direct Entry Candidates Might Not Be Admitted This Year by damoski(m): 8:03am On Aug 22, 2016
Pls where do I address my transcript for ui direct entry
Re: 10 Reasons Why Direct Entry Candidates Might Not Be Admitted This Year by davidhandsome: 8:23am On Aug 22, 2016
damoski:
Pls where do I address my transcript for ui direct entry
Undergraduate admission office,
University of ibadan,
Ibadan.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Direct Entry Candidates Might Not Be Admitted This Year by Tobitrueman(m): 8:38am On Aug 22, 2016
davidhandsome:

Undergraduate admission office,
University of ibadan,
Ibadan.

Timely and helpful information.
I'm an OAU D.E applicant. I have printed out my screening summary report on which there is no stipulated score and no instruction for the submission of transcript. How to submit my transcript now is the issue because my school has declined my letter to give me the transcript but rather I provide the school they are to forward it to.(because most people said they submitted their own by themselves). What should I do now?

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Direct Entry Candidates Might Not Be Admitted This Year by davidhandsome: 9:25am On Aug 22, 2016
Tobitrueman:

Timely and helpful information.
I'm an OAU D.E applicant. I have printed out my screening summary report on which there is no stipulated score and no instruction for the submission of transcript. How to submit my transcript now is the issue because my school has declined my letter to give me the transcript but rather I provide the school they are to forward it to.(because most people said they submitted their own by themselves). What should I do now?
since ur skul refused to give you the transcript, the only option u have left is to allow them send it to oau...
Remember to follow it up seriously so as to ensure the quick delivery of the transcript...

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Direct Entry Candidates Might Not Be Admitted This Year by davidhandsome: 12:56pm On Aug 22, 2016
Re: 10 Reasons Why Direct Entry Candidates Might Not Be Admitted This Year by davidhandsome: 10:01am On Aug 23, 2016
D.e candidates, take note of these points
Re: 10 Reasons Why Direct Entry Candidates Might Not Be Admitted This Year by Rayshell24(f): 12:48pm On Sep 11, 2016
davidhandsome:
D.e candidates, take note of these points

Weldone David.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Direct Entry Candidates Might Not Be Admitted This Year by davidhandsome: 4:24pm On Jan 08, 2019
This would be useful to d.e candidates...
Lalasticlala and fynestboi do the needful

(1) (Reply)

Lautech Pds Entrance Result Is Out! / ASUU Strike: Students How Do You Cope With Strikes / Post Ume For Uniuyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.