Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,752 members, 7,817,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

I Lost My Father In-law And Elder Brother By Careless Sedation - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Lost My Father In-law And Elder Brother By Careless Sedation (680 Views)

I Lost My Friend To Chronic Kidney Disease, His Last Whatsapp Chat With Me / How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS / Electrocution Of My Brother By 33kva Over Head High Tention Wire Of PHCN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Lost My Father In-law And Elder Brother By Careless Sedation by tankoy: 4:09pm On Aug 21, 2016
Three years ago, just months to our wedding, my father in-law walked into a general Hospital and was diagnosed with diabetes, the drugs prescribed left him irrational, we rushed him back to the same hospital where he was sedated in an attempt to let him get some rest. The next day, he was still irrational, guess what injection he received again, 5mls of Diazepam Stat. He slept FOR THE NEXT 4 MONTHS NON STOP before he died finally.

This year, my elder brother was involved in an accident which rendered him unconscious. He was rushed to the FMC immediately but was only attended to after about 2hrs. He was bleeding through the ear and remained unconscious for the next 24hrs. When he regained his consciousness, he was in excruciating pains for the next 3 days and irrational too. But at least he could make requests for food, water etc. He could also request to ease himself. Then there again, they sedated him. HE SLEPT FOR THE NEXT 4 DAYS NON STOP. then we lost him.

God help us in this country.

2 Likes

Re: I Lost My Father In-law And Elder Brother By Careless Sedation by ladyF(f): 4:30pm On Aug 21, 2016
cry
Re: I Lost My Father In-law And Elder Brother By Careless Sedation by theodavid: 4:36pm On Aug 21, 2016
It well with this country

2 Likes

Re: I Lost My Father In-law And Elder Brother By Careless Sedation by solepager(m): 5:07pm On Aug 21, 2016
My ex girlfriend sister had malaria 3 months back. Barely hours later she reacted to drip administered to her at the hospital. She went into a coma the next day. We buried her last two weeks ago. I cant still get over that feeling of just watching someone sleep without being able to communicate.
Re: I Lost My Father In-law And Elder Brother By Careless Sedation by Nobody: 6:54pm On Aug 21, 2016
I am sooo sorry, OP. My condolences.

& solepager.
Re: I Lost My Father In-law And Elder Brother By Careless Sedation by tankoy: 7:07pm On Aug 21, 2016
solepager:
My ex girlfriend sister had malaria 3 months back. Barely hours later she reacted to drip administered to her at the hospital. She went into a coma the next day. We buried her last two weeks ago. I cant still get over that feeling of just watching someone sleep without being able to communicate.

Oh God!
Sometimes I have this feeling... That some Nigerian deaths are avoidable... I stand to be corrected though. But sorry solepager. Condolences to your friend.
Re: I Lost My Father In-law And Elder Brother By Careless Sedation by Pidggin(f): 7:35pm On Aug 21, 2016
sad Sorry dear

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Father In-law And Elder Brother By Careless Sedation by solepager(m): 4:12am On Aug 22, 2016
tankoy:

Oh God!
Sometimes I have this feeling... That some Nigerian deaths are avoidable... I stand to be corrected though. But sorry solepager. Condolences to your friend.
thanks. Av a fulfilling week
Re: I Lost My Father In-law And Elder Brother By Careless Sedation by solepager(m): 4:13am On Aug 22, 2016
Yieldings:
I am sooo sorry, OP. My condolences.
& solepager.
thanks. Av a great week ahead

(1) (Reply)

How To Satisfy Your Woman And Last In Bed. / Your Blood Group & Mosquito Bites / Where Can I Get Shea Butter In Large Quantity In Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.