Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

Help For Business Name - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Help For Business Name (831 Views)

Does Registering A Business Name Requires Article Of Association / Online Help For Completing Homework Is Now Available With Assignment Homework / Business Name Vs Limited Company - Which Should You Register? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help For Business Name by BekBek(m): 8:30pm On Aug 21, 2016
Hello everyone.
I asked a lawyer to help me sign up for a business name.

It took over a year to get the documents. Now that I got, it, I noticed he made quite a no of errors.

First it's an incorrect name, second what I told him my company will be about was not, what was in the documents.

I'm just pissed off, I don't want him to do anything anymore because I find that incompetent.

Now, is it possible for me to at least change the name and the secondly what the company description without having to having to start the process of registering another name.

And if you have someone who can it done for me quickly, kindly recommend and cost , and any other suggestions is allowed so long it's not insulting.
Re: Help For Business Name by Nobody: 8:39pm On Aug 21, 2016
i can recommend an accountant and she will help you with all your questions. her office is at agege... if you in, let me know
Re: Help For Business Name by BekBek(m): 11:24pm On Aug 21, 2016
polymathic:
i can recommend an accountant and she will help you with all your questions. her office is at agege... if you in, let me know

This should be for a lawyer why recommend an accountant to me.
Re: Help For Business Name by Nobody: 12:24am On Aug 22, 2016
BekBek:

Thanks but does this man not have a name and an office

He works at the CAC office at Yaba.
Re: Help For Business Name by Nobody: 7:13am On Aug 22, 2016
BekBek:

This should be for a lawyer why recommend an accountant to me.

listen sir, lawyers and accountant both do this cos they both need each other during the process. She helped with mine and was able to deliver a good job..
Re: Help For Business Name by BekBek(m): 5:51pm On Aug 23, 2016
polymathic:
listen sir, lawyers and accountant both do this cos they both need each other during the process. She helped with mine and was able to deliver a good job..

Ohhhhh.. Didn't know, was with the mind set that only lawyer's does such.

How can I get in touch with her. And how much did she did it for you
Re: Help For Business Name by BekBek(m): 5:52pm On Aug 23, 2016
YBNR:

He works at the CAC office at Yaba.

Ok, but can't I know is his name, so I can refer to him with that when I call
Re: Help For Business Name by Nobody: 8:09pm On Aug 23, 2016
BekBek:

Ohhhhh.. Didn't know, was with the mind set that only lawyer's does such.

How can I get in touch with her. And how much did she did it for you
she collected 85k and her office is in agege... can hook you up if you need her service...
Re: Help For Business Name by Nobody: 5:43am On Aug 24, 2016
BekBek:

Ok, but can't I know is his name, so I can refer to him with that when I call

Why don't you just call and introduce yourself if indeed you need help with your registration.
Re: Help For Business Name by ipeg34yahooco: 4:16pm On Aug 24, 2016
Hello,
I do understand your frustration when professionals do shoddy jobs.

My firm handles business registration. professionally and at affordable rates.You can reach me on the contact info in our websites:www.summitsolicitors.com

Cheers
Re: Help For Business Name by uvalued(m): 5:02pm On Aug 24, 2016
it seems that cac will prefer offline name registration than online.. paid online and they have yet to attend to my online name search.. shame on cac... does servicon attend to complants
Re: Help For Business Name by Uglyoneiam: 5:12pm On Aug 24, 2016
Hi @OP. Could you clarify if this is strictly for a business name and not a partnership/LTD set up? If it's just a business name, whatever solution is proposed should not cost you more than 11,000 Naira as that's the cost of a totally new Business name registration...

You may contact CAC directly on this.. they may ask you to do a name search once again to see if your chosen Business name is available (500 Naira for name check/approval or just check if someone else has registered it on this CAC link http://.gov.ng:8080/comsearch/test.php ) they may either let you have a change at a cost (You prob will have to prove the agent messed you up with the wrong name and probably show some similarities in the name chosen and that which was registered)..or you have to do a full registration for 11,000 ( I suspect it may be the likely outcome).

All the best.
Re: Help For Business Name by BekBek(m): 12:24pm On Aug 26, 2016
Uglyoneiam:
Hi @OP. Could you clarify if this is strictly for a business and not a partnership/LTD set up? If it's just a business name, whatever is solution is proposed should not cost you more than 11,000 Naira as that's the cost of a totally new Business name registration...

You may contact CAC directly on this.. they may ask you to do a name search once again to see if your chosen Business name is available (500 Naira for name check/approval or just check if someone else has registered it on this CAC link http://.gov.ng:8080/comsearch/test.php ) they may either let you have a change at a cost (You prob will have to prove the agent messed you up with the wrong name and probably show some similarities in the name chosen and that which was registered)..or you have to do a full registration for 11,000 ( I suspect it may be the likely outcome).

All the best.

Thanks. For your help, will go there myself.

The amount I'm being charged by people who wants to help is wey to much after paying someone
Re: Help For Business Name by Barbey: 9:07am On Sep 05, 2016
Hello lovely people,

Just saw this thread and I said to drop this.

First, it's not only lawyers that incorporate or registrater businesses with CAC, chartered accountants and chartered Secretaries also do. But the person must be accredited by CAC as an agent to do this. So, if you're looking to register your business or a trustee or incorporate your company, look no further. INCE Consulting Limited has good reputation with clients on quality service delivery with free business advice.

Permit me to also mention that starting from 1st September, 2016, CAC has stopped manual name search at all of its offices. What that means is that you need an accredited agent to handle the registration process for you.

Endurance is a director at INCE, a chartered accountant and an accredited agent with ACC. Call him on 08182337740, Jane 08126824830, or Dan 08038046505 for all business development issues including incorporation and registration with ACC.

Visit www.inceconsulting.com for more of our services.

uvalued:
it seems that cac will prefer offline name registration than online.. paid online and they have yet to attend to my online name search.. shame on cac... does servicon attend to complants
Re: Help For Business Name by Nobody: 11:16am On Sep 13, 2016
hello op, i also incorporate business for people here in abeokuta. if you wish to get more information about my firm, distinct media and creations, follow us on twitter https://twitter.com/dmc_dhng . i have a registered office in onikolobo.

(1) (Reply)

How To Get Approved For Paylater.ng Loan / Computer Table For Sale / Welcome To The Skye Bank Complaints Thread!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.