Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,047 members, 7,825,336 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

Ooni Of Ogunwusi Visits Badagry, The First Storey Building In Nigeria - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Of Ogunwusi Visits Badagry, The First Storey Building In Nigeria (38695 Views)

Ooni Of Ogunwusi & King Jaja Of Opobo Pictured / Ooni Of Ogunwusi And His Wife, Wuraola In USA. Updates!!! Lots Of Pictures / Ooni Of Ogunwusi's Sisters At The Burial Of Their Grandmother (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Of Ogunwusi Visits Badagry, The First Storey Building In Nigeria by RobinRay(m): 11:06am On Aug 23, 2016
Re: Ooni Of Ogunwusi Visits Badagry, The First Storey Building In Nigeria by gebest: 11:06am On Aug 23, 2016
noted
Re: Ooni Of Ogunwusi Visits Badagry, The First Storey Building In Nigeria by RobinRay(m): 11:09am On Aug 23, 2016
when you're in Badagry and you hear the stories of slave trade, and you remember how much your ancestors suffered

Re: Ooni Of Ogunwusi Visits Badagry, The First Storey Building In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:09am On Aug 23, 2016
Is he not tired of wearing white?
Re: Ooni Of Ogunwusi Visits Badagry, The First Storey Building In Nigeria by seunny4lif(m): 11:09am On Aug 23, 2016
This our Oba dey travel ooooh
He don overthrow Buhari self
Re: Ooni Of Ogunwusi Visits Badagry, The First Storey Building In Nigeria by Hemanwel(m): 11:20am On Aug 23, 2016
@OP,what is "Ooni of Ogunwusi..?"
Re: Ooni Of Ogunwusi Visits Badagry, The First Storey Building In Nigeria by Rossikki: 11:20am On Aug 23, 2016
So these ignorant, stupid dunces we call leaders and traditional leaders, are still parading this recent colonial contraption as the "oldest storey building in Nigeria", in the face of overwhelming evidence of precolonial storeyed architecture in Nigeria. Shameless, worthless, self-loathing idiot.s so stu.pid they ignore their own achievements to heap all glory on the white man. They even have our lawyers donning English hair wigs to practice their profession. Shameless, disgusting, colonised buffoons with no sense of pride or dignity. Later on this brainless dunce who calls himself the Ooni of Life, went to America and declared the Roman invention called ''Jesus", to be his "father". Fuc.king useless, lost generation of colonised peabrains and reprobates. SPIT

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ogunwusi Visits Badagry, The First Storey Building In Nigeria by oluwashedy: 11:21am On Aug 23, 2016
This monarch nor dy sidon one place... Xoxo traveling, I wonder btw him and bubu hu travel pass?

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ogunwusi Visits Badagry, The First Storey Building In Nigeria by Orikinla(m): 11:24am On Aug 23, 2016
[size=14pt]I am sorry to say this new Oni of Ife is misplacing his priorities.
Has he even visited the Opa Oranmiyan in his backyard?
Has he started any programme for the restoration of the great heritage of IFE?
Tourism alone can make IFE richer than many states in Nigeria as a World Heritage Center.
Instead of him attracting local and international tourists, he is the one going on tours of local and international tourist destinations.[/size]

Oranmiyan Omoluabi Odede, Great Prince of Ife, King of the Yoruba, also known as Oranmiyan, was a Yoruba king from the kingdom of Ile-Ife and although last born, he was heir to Oduduwa. According to Yoruba history, he founded Oyo as its first Alaafin at around the year 1300 and one of his children, Eweka I, went on to become the first Oba of the Benin Empire. Following the Oba Oranyan's death, his family is fabled to have erected the commemorative stele known as the Staff of Oranmiyan - Opa Oranmiyan in the Yoruba language - at the place where their father died. Radiocarbon tests have however shown that this royal marker was erected centuries before the start of the Oduduwa dynasty, during what is known as the "classical" Ife period.
~ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oranyan

Re: Ooni Of Ogunwusi Visits Badagry, The First Storey Building In Nigeria by Worksunlimited: 11:25am On Aug 23, 2016
rexericx:
More pix

Source :https://mobile.facebook.com/ezekiel.viavonu/posts

Has anyone noticed that the cap and staff of the ooni of ife are always of the same color?

Is it just for fashion sake or is there a reason for such coincidences?
Re: Ooni Of Ogunwusi Visits Badagry, The First Storey Building In Nigeria by Pyramid1212: 11:32am On Aug 23, 2016
Great Ife. But Ooni na olny to the waka u sabi oo
Re: Ooni Of Ogunwusi Visits Badagry, The First Storey Building In Nigeria by sCun: 11:33am On Aug 23, 2016
Jobless fool
Re: Ooni Of Ogunwusi Visits Badagry, The First Storey Building In Nigeria by HiliaryAutos(m): 11:34am On Aug 23, 2016
thundabot:
NICE,

HOW TIME FLIES. THIS IS THE HOOD I GREW UP. THE LAGOON AND MY EVERY SATURDAY LIBRARY. kiss

Wow you grew up in Badagry.... Where in badagry because I did the same too. Which secondary school did you attend?
Re: Ooni Of Ogunwusi Visits Badagry, The First Storey Building In Nigeria by Rossikki: 11:37am On Aug 23, 2016
Orikinla:
[size=14pt]I am sorry to say this new Oni of Ife is misplacing his priorities.
Has he even visited the Opa Oranmiyan in his backyard?
Has he started any programme for the restoration of the great heritage of IFE?
Tourism alone can make IFE richer than many states in Nigeria as a World Heritage Center.
Instead of him attracting local and international tourists, he is the one going on tours of local and international tourist destinations.[/size]

Oranmiyan Omoluabi Odede, Great Prince of Ife, King of the Yoruba, also known as Oranmiyan, was a Yoruba king from the kingdom of Ile-Ife and although last born, he was heir to Oduduwa. According to Yoruba history, he founded Oyo as its first Alaafin at around the year 1300 and one of his children, Eweka I, went on to become the first Oba of the Benin Empire. Following the Oba Oranyan's death, his family is fabled to have erected the commemorative stele known as the Staff of Oranmiyan - Opa Oranmiyan in the Yoruba language - at the place where their father died. Radiocarbon tests have however shown that this royal marker was erected centuries before the start of the Oduduwa dynasty, during what is known as the "classical" Ife period.
~ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oranyan
Save your breath. The dunce 'Ooni' probably regards the Staff of Oranmiyan as being "of the devil". He did afterall call 'Jesus' his father. The guy is a total fraud and a disgrace to the throne he occupies. The poor black Americans who waited for hours for this idiot to speak, as one of Africa's greatest monarchs, representing the African gods, only for the dullard to go there and start talking rubbish about 'Jesus', making the audience depart in disgust at the worthless, sellout 'king'.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ogunwusi Visits Badagry, The First Storey Building In Nigeria by Basalt(m): 11:38am On Aug 23, 2016
Yorubas and brown roofs. I never see
Re: Ooni Of Ogunwusi Visits Badagry, The First Storey Building In Nigeria by jammy1993(m): 12:13pm On Aug 23, 2016
rexericx:

OK boss lalasticlala....the ball is now in your court
grin
rexericx:

OK boss lalasticlala....the ball is now in your court
Lalasticlala says: My defenders won't let the ball inside d court
Re: Ooni Of Ogunwusi Visits Badagry, The First Storey Building In Nigeria by bjay13: 4:16pm On Aug 23, 2016
NwaEzefuNaMba:
This is not the oldest storey building in Nigeria, this might be the recorded but I bet you the recorder is wrong!

Ever been to Akassa? Where the United Africa Companies headquarters is situated?
Tell us when it was built,dis 1 na since 1842
Re: Ooni Of Ogunwusi Visits Badagry, The First Storey Building In Nigeria by RaeMystix: 4:21pm On Aug 23, 2016
SmartMugu:

I watched one of his interview's where he said Noah''s ark has been identified to be located in Ife. That statement coming from a monarch like him means a lot to Nigeria and the great people of Ife.
View the interview here on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4XlI5FELTM

I would think he would focus of showing the world where in Ife the Ark is located and I'm pretty certain the tourism industry in Nigeria and for the great people of Ife will be revamped. Rather, that's not happening yet.
Lol. Noah's final destination was found somewhere in Turkey. The Archeologists even found debris sef. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ogunwusi Visits Badagry, The First Storey Building In Nigeria by obisdavinc(m): 4:31pm On Aug 23, 2016
is ok
Re: Ooni Of Ogunwusi Visits Badagry, The First Storey Building In Nigeria by ibedun: 4:33pm On Aug 23, 2016
Rossikki:
So these ignorant, stupid dunces we call leaders and traditional leaders, are still parading this recent colonial contraption as the "oldest storey building in Nigeria", in the face of overwhelming evidence of precolonial storeyed architecture in Nigeria. Shameless, worthless, self-loathing idiot.s so stu.pid they ignore their own achievements to heap all glory on the white man. They even have our lawyers donning English hair wigs to practice their profession. Shameless, disgusting, colonised buffoons with no sense of pride or dignity. Later on this brainless dunce who calls himself the Ooni of Life, went to America and declared the Roman invention called ''Jesus", to be his "father". Fuc.king useless, lost generation of colonised peabrains and reprobates. SPIT

Food for thought BUT this is absolutely NOT the way to address our Kabiyesi!

Our country and people are thoroughly SICK and are individually entraunced by the whites because of our ineptitude and failures.
Re: Ooni Of Ogunwusi Visits Badagry, The First Storey Building In Nigeria by Eliteklaus(m): 5:28pm On Aug 23, 2016
is it just me or dis guy don too travel, but e never travel reach international tourist of d year, PM.
Re: Ooni Of Ogunwusi Visits Badagry, The First Storey Building In Nigeria by BABANGBALI: 7:06pm On Aug 23, 2016
Minister of tourism
Re: Ooni Of Ogunwusi Visits Badagry, The First Storey Building In Nigeria by olameks: 10:45pm On Aug 23, 2016
I saw him on his way to that place
Re: Ooni Of Ogunwusi Visits Badagry, The First Storey Building In Nigeria by gbadexy(m): 3:08am On Aug 24, 2016
thundabot:
NICE,

HOW TIME FLIES. THIS IS THE HOOD I GREW UP. THE LAGOON AND MY EVERY SATURDAY LIBRARY. kiss

Nice town. I rep that hood too.
Re: Ooni Of Ogunwusi Visits Badagry, The First Storey Building In Nigeria by sureprince(m): 1:56am On Aug 25, 2016
abobaku sighted....hope he won't escape again

(1) (2) (Reply)

Victor Gyang Buba Bows For Governor Lalong! Gbong Gwom Jos Blasted! / Sacrilege In My Village Where Man Lure His Brother And Wife For Cleansing....... / Gani Adams Steps Out Of Seclusion To Be Installed As Aare Ona Kakanfo (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.