Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,226 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter (29860 Views)

Joachim Iroko In Court For Naming His Dog Buhari (Photos) / Joachim Chinakwe Who Named His Dog "Buhari" - "My Life Is In Danger" / Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by Ceoflexygist: 5:34am On Aug 22, 2016
Nigerians take it to Twitter to share their opinion Over ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’

checkout their tweet below:

Source:http://www.flexygist.com/2016/08/22/nigerians-react-to-naming-a-dog-buharion-twitter/

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by Ceoflexygist: 5:35am On Aug 22, 2016
more

Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by recievesense: 5:36am On Aug 22, 2016
The last guy made a lot of sense. Judging by the present administration performance, I guess it's an insult to the dog.

95 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by madridguy(m): 5:36am On Aug 22, 2016
Hatred don land the senseless man into hot soup. Even the South-South people no carry GEJ matter for head like them. Am double sure someone close to the man would have warned him but he wouldn't listen and now jungle don mature.
There is freedom of expression anywhere in the world but make sure your expression won't cause disorderliness in the society. Even in the US that people are shouting, you do anyhow you see anyhow.

Campaign is over so mind you tongue. During campaign anything is allowed but after campaign you need to caution yourself to avoid wahala.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by datopaper(m): 5:41am On Aug 22, 2016
Not bad at all

But can u named your dog or goat, your papa name

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by Aufbauh(m): 5:53am On Aug 22, 2016
Some people are getting this issue wrong or choose to ignore the core message in the issue.
You are free to name your dog,goat,cow,cat etc any name of your choice even my own name but you are not free to inscribed it on the animal and walk around the environment to taunt the fellow. Not even my house cos I'll give you to my dogs to chew ur bones and get ur own name down its throat.

You might be enjoying the online flair but the ipob offender is living in regrets and pain of which you got no solution to his ordeals.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by locosis007(m): 5:54am On Aug 22, 2016
IN PRESIDENT IDI AMIN OF UGANDA.(paraphrased)

THERE IS FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION, BUT THERE IS NO GUARANTEED FREEDOM AFTER THE EXPRESSION.

NORMALLY NAMING A DOG BUHARI DOESNT MEAN NOTHING. THE OWNER OF A DOG NAME HIS OR HER DOG WHATEVER HE OR SHE WANTS

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by BlackSeptember: 5:54am On Aug 22, 2016
I can only name the tissue i want to use to wipe my ass buhari because my sweet dog can't bear that clueless name

108 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by BlackSeptember: 5:56am On Aug 22, 2016
Aufbauh:
Some people are getting this issue wrong or choose to ignore the core message in the issue.
You are free to name your dog,goat,cow,cat etc any name of your choice even my own name but you are not free to inscribed it on the animal and walk around the environment to taunt the fellow. Not even my house cos I'll give you to my dogs to chew ur bones and get ur own name down its throat.

You might be enjoying the online flair but the ipob offender is living in regrets and pain of which you got no solution to his ordeals.
So all those people from diverse ethnic group that condemned the pokice action are wrong?

Please let's stand up for Mr Right the most disciplined Yabaleft patient

120 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by pendusky(m): 5:58am On Aug 22, 2016
If naming dog a particular name will change the situation of the country, then so be it.

Giving less attention to these things wouldn't bring more of these insults.

that why we still give credit to GEJ. Hausa man did this during GEJ era and he didn't bother, how many heard about it?

But he was busy looking for solutions to Nigerians problem..

85 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by BlackSeptember: 5:59am On Aug 22, 2016
madridguy:
Hatred don land the senseless man into hot soup. Even the South-South people no carry GEJ matter for head like them. Am double sure someone close to the man would have warned him but he wouldn't listen and now jungle don mature.
There is freedom of expression anywhere in the world but make sure your expression won't cause disorderliness in the society. Even in the US that people are shouting, you do anyhow you see anyhow.

Campaign is over so mind you tongue. During campaign anything is allowed but after campaign you need to caution yourself to avoid wahala.
I knew you were jumping fence when Geography was being taught in your school.

Delta state is in south south

Don't thank me because we need to help our enemies sometimes so that they won't be left behind and repeat class for the umpteenth time

89 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by Lovelynature(m): 6:01am On Aug 22, 2016
It's a free world. Just that some people living in 17th century's mindset are so daft to understand this. Most sitting presidents and powers around the world have been called all sorts of abusive names yet they overlooked. This is 21st century for crying out loud. There are many important things Nigeria as a nation should be facing, at least, not an unnecessary issues as this.

Where uncle lala sef

Lalasticlala come see a snake named... someone in power somewhere

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by madridguy(m): 6:01am On Aug 22, 2016
Your point please?

BlackSeptember:
I knew you were jumping fence when Geography was being taught in your school.

Delta state is in south south

Don't thank me because we need to help our enemies sometimes so that they won't be left behind and repeat class for the umpteenth time

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by iamsparrow(m): 6:03am On Aug 22, 2016
The dude is lucky that he is not living in Kaduna, he would have gotten himself killed.

The guy was just looking for attention.

meanwhile Nigerians and reaction be like

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by BlackSeptember: 6:05am On Aug 22, 2016
madridguy:
Your point please?

Go back to your post i quoted and stop being a burden on us with this Alzheimer's symptoms

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by cktheluckyman: 6:07am On Aug 22, 2016
madridguy:

Arrant nonsense

68 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by bonechamberlain(m): 6:12am On Aug 22, 2016
Northerners and dictatorship lifestyle, in Nigeria today under buhari insult is now an offence that police take very serious especially if a northerner is involved , yes the man shouldn't have inscribed the name on the dogs body, but if u are uncomfortable with it get ur own dog and give it the man's name. What kind of people are we living with

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by globe16: 6:21am On Aug 22, 2016
dog buhari #shikena

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by sebali: 6:27am On Aug 22, 2016
The Police is wrong on this one. Buhari is a only a name and owner of d dog has d right 2 giv any name of his choice 2 his dog. Instead of wasting our money on this case dey shud go and arrest Jibril and Dogara.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by HtwoOw: 6:29am On Aug 22, 2016
He. Looked for trouble and he got served

Period

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by Luckymay(f): 6:34am On Aug 22, 2016
In as much as the guy has the right to name his dog anything he likes, I'm not in support of him naming him after buhari, not even emeka or tunde. Why didn't he name the dog after his father or any of his family members?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by sebali: 6:36am On Aug 22, 2016
bonechamberlain:
Northerners and dictatorship lifestyle, in Nigeria today under buhari insult is now an offence that police take very serious especially if a northerner is involved , yes the man shouldn't have inscribed the name on the dogs body, but if u are uncomfortable with it get ur own dog and give it the man's name. What kind of people are we living with

I concur

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by cktheluckyman: 6:40am On Aug 22, 2016
Lovelynature:
It's a free world. Just that some people living in 17th century's mindset are so daft to understand this. Most sitting presidents and powers around the world have been called all sorts of abusive names yet they overlooked. This is 21st century for crying out loud. There are many important things Nigeria as a nation should be facing, at least, not an unnecessary issues as this.

Where uncle lala sef

Lalasticlala come see a snake named... someone in power somewhere
Seriously it's high time we leave this 17th century idiots and moved on. Nude statures of Donald Trump is been unveiled across the US and no one is making noise.Here you give a dog the name of a slowpoke and all hell let's loose

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by cktheluckyman: 6:41am On Aug 22, 2016
Luckymay:
In as much as the guy has the right to name his dog anything he likes, I'm not in support of him naming him after buhari, not even emeka or tunde. Why didn't he name the dog after his father or any of his family members?
Whether you support it is immaterial, the Koko is did the guy break any law? Yes or no

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by ivandragon: 6:42am On Aug 22, 2016
the on going trend seems to be that because the Hausa Fulani Muslims are violent, then the rest of us should always bend over to please them.

the dog naming is a symptom of an existing problem between the two men. while naming the dog B**** was certainly childish, the police blowing up the matter has exacerbated the issue, now every one is going to go on an animal naming ceremony...

if that dog was given any other name, no one would bat an eyelid. I knew a dog named kabiyesi (kabi for short) & no one attached any meaning to it.

well, like someone once said, is it because it is buhari?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by TheDEVlLHimseIf: 6:43am On Aug 22, 2016
[s]
madridguy:

[/s]
zombies justify their pay.

GEJ is the best president ever

the man self no like his dog because if he do he wouldn't name him a cursed name like buhari grin

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by TheDEVlLHimseIf: 6:45am On Aug 22, 2016
BlackSeptember:
I can only name the tissue i want to use to wipe my ass buhari because my sweet dog can't bear that clueless name
gbam buhari is a cursed name

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by DamiBukola: 6:50am On Aug 22, 2016
madridguy:

Pls have you taken your medications this morning? I guess you haven't because the man in question is from South South, Delta State to be precise

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by ckmayoca: 6:50am On Aug 22, 2016
iamsparrow:
The dude is lucky that he is not living in Kaduna, he would have get himself killed.

The guy was just looking for attention.

meanwhile Nigerians and reaction be like

This dude is lucky this comment wasn't made on tv, he wld have GOTTEN himself plenty waka from his family.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by omenka(m): 6:51am On Aug 22, 2016
People are just so damn dumb!

First they talk as though our cultures and values are same as those of Europeans and Americans.

Secondly, if the intent of the bastard wasn't mischief, why inscribe the name on both sides of the dog?? I mean, do you name your dog and then write its name on its body

Thirdly did the incident take place in a protest where people are somewhat free to express their anger/dissatisfaction to such levels??

Was it a "stage joke"?? What parallels is there with this and the jokes on Obj??

Did the man just say "Buhari is a dog" or literally did the nonsense??

Make una continu.

11 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by Lovelynature(m): 6:56am On Aug 22, 2016
[b]
cktheluckyman:

Seriously it's high time we leave this 17th century idiots and moved on. Nude statures of Donald Trump is been unveiled across the US and no one is making noise. Here you give a dog the name of a slowpoke and all hell let's loose
Bro can you imagine the level of stupidity in Nigeria. If it were in Nigeria, the maker of that statue would have been behind bar or have his life being threatened. Everything about this government is all about imposing hardship on the masses

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by brandonobi(m): 6:58am On Aug 22, 2016
He named his dog buhari, insult or not, d police had no ryt to detain him afterall he didnt name d dog (PRESIDENT BUHARI) dat would have been more suspicious

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pictures From Canine Club Of Imo Dog Walk 2022 / Ondo Police Arrest Dog For Biting AAUA Student’s Private Parts / Zambian Man Denied License Of Ownership For His 'Magical' Snake After Applying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.