Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,592 members, 7,809,146 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:17 AM

Maize Farm: Urgent Attention - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Maize Farm: Urgent Attention (4058 Views)

My Two Plots Of Maize Farm (planted 16/02!2018) / Parrot Destroys Man's Maize Farm (Photos) / Fresh From My 4hecter Of Maize Farm Live In Jos. Bountiful Harvest. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Maize Farm: Urgent Attention by Tyche(m): 1:20pm On Aug 22, 2016
Who knows the solution to this menance on this maize plant?

Re: Maize Farm: Urgent Attention by Tyche(m): 1:22pm On Aug 22, 2016
More pics

Re: Maize Farm: Urgent Attention by Tyche(m): 1:25pm On Aug 22, 2016
Pls, ejoor, biko Epp salvage this 4 hectares that is under siege

Re: Maize Farm: Urgent Attention by Arvinkris(m): 1:46pm On Aug 22, 2016
It is ravaging my maize plants now. Go n get insecticide from an agro dealer.
Re: Maize Farm: Urgent Attention by Tyche(m): 1:50pm On Aug 22, 2016
Arvinkris:
It is ravaging my maize plants now. Go n get insecticide from an agro dealer.

Chairman, which one did you use?
Re: Maize Farm: Urgent Attention by samlexonss: 1:52pm On Aug 22, 2016
Spray neem oil, datz perfect for it!
Re: Maize Farm: Urgent Attention by Tyche(m): 1:57pm On Aug 22, 2016
samlexonss:
Spray neem oil, datz perfect for it!

Thanks boss. More suggestions pls

Pavore9
Mangam
Jethro2
Lesgupnigeria
lalasticala
Re: Maize Farm: Urgent Attention by Arvinkris(m): 2:36pm On Aug 22, 2016
I'm using perfect killer. I applied in d evening twice a week. My maize is 4 weeks old ravaging by armyworm. Its advised to apply insecticide 10 days after planting.
Re: Maize Farm: Urgent Attention by Tyche(m): 3:23pm On Aug 22, 2016
Thanks Baws
Re: Maize Farm: Urgent Attention by yomie040(m): 8:12pm On Aug 22, 2016
Get this

Re: Maize Farm: Urgent Attention by jethro2: 8:18pm On Aug 22, 2016
Neem oil works.
Neem leave though the process of preparing it takes time
Re: Maize Farm: Urgent Attention by Tyche(m): 11:35pm On Aug 22, 2016
Thanks Yomi and Jethro
Re: Maize Farm: Urgent Attention by Oloogunebi3: 2:56pm On Aug 28, 2016
Have You Found A Solution To This Problem?
Re: Maize Farm: Urgent Attention by peacemaker128(m): 3:52pm On Aug 28, 2016
How to Cultivate Maize in Nigeria

I will like to write more on Farming this month since we are in the season of planting, let’s see how we could take advantage of this period to make money through farming. And Hybrid maize cultivation presents viable opportunity for would be maize Farmer to make money in Nigeria this season.

Maize, also known as Corn is one of the most useful cereal crop in West Africa, foods made out of maize is very nutritious as It is an important source of carbohydrate, protein, iron, vitamin B, and minerals, and is known to digest very quickly. Most Africans tend to consume maize mainly as a starchy base in a wide variety of porridge, pastes, grits, and beer. The Green freshly harvested maize cob is eaten either roasted or boiled.

In many Western countries like the USA, maize is used mainly for industrial products processing and for manufacturing of animal feeds or as straight Livestock feeds. Whichever way it is used, maize is the most important cereal crop in Africa with rice and wheat which make up the three most important cereal crops in the world.

Corn-Maize
Maize is very simple to cultivate, easy to maintain, far less delicate that Rice, and take less capital too. Like rice, maize matures very fast, within 2-5 months of planting the crop is ready for harvest, depending on which stage you want to harvest your crop.

Maize grows in a wider range of soil type than rice, almost every part of Nigeria can grow maize on their soil. With the use of Hybrid Maize and mechanized system of farming, yield of maize can reach up to 10.2 tonnes per hectare, with traditional African type of cultivation, production is 2.1 tonnes per hectare which isn’t too bad anyway.

http://agrobase.com.ng/how-to-cultivate-maize-in-nigeria/

1 Share

Re: Maize Farm: Urgent Attention by Tyche(m): 5:06pm On Aug 28, 2016
Oloogunebi3:
Have You Found A Solution To This Problem?

By Wednesday, I will be able to say if the decision taken so far is positive
Re: Maize Farm: Urgent Attention by oladiran2(m): 6:54pm On Aug 29, 2016
Remove that plant in the first picture,that looks like the maize streak virus symptoms with those lines on those leaves so it doesn't spread,the other is just chewing insects.spray lamda cyhalothrin and a cypermethrin insecticide
Re: Maize Farm: Urgent Attention by Tyche(m): 9:25pm On Aug 29, 2016
oladiran2:
Remove that plant in the first picture,that looks like the maize streak virus symptoms with those lines on those leaves so it doesn't spread,the other is just chewing insects.spray lamda cyhalothrin and a cypermethrin insecticide

Thanks a million
Re: Maize Farm: Urgent Attention by Tyche(m): 9:29pm On Aug 29, 2016
Today

Re: Maize Farm: Urgent Attention by Preciousseed(m): 4:00am On Aug 30, 2016
oladiran2:
This is a very good suggestion! For the insecticide, you can look out for cypertex( cypermethrin as the A.I) or Kombat or vanquish! all the best.
Re: Maize Farm: Urgent Attention by obstead200(m): 7:20am On Aug 30, 2016
jethro2:
Neem oil works.

Neem leave though the process of preparing it takes time
it is for those in the north na. We don't have dogonyaro in the south.
Re: Maize Farm: Urgent Attention by omolomolarinero: 12:31pm On Aug 30, 2016
Are you interested in venturing into agro-entrepreneurship? Songhai Center is the place to be. Learn the development of integrated programs, resilient and multi-sector, that creates an interrelationship between agriculture, industry and services.

Join a group of inspiring farmers traveling to Songhai to experience first-hand integrated farming at its best on 23rd, 24th and 25th September, 2016 for a weekend of learning integrated farming, networking, relaxation & fun.

Dress code: Cowboy/Cowgirl casuals

Call 0701586695 or 08069726086 for enquiries and bookings

Tour packaged by @geomeridien and proudly supported #AfrcanLeadershipForum #AgribusinessForum

Re: Maize Farm: Urgent Attention by Tyche(m): 3:26pm On Aug 30, 2016
Preciousseed:

This is a very good suggestion! For the insecticide, you can look out for cypertex( cypermethrin as the A.I) or Kombat or vanquish! all the best.

I used Jubaili Imiforce and it seems to be working but I will delay my testimony till next week grin .

However, I want the spraying to be a weekly affair
Re: Maize Farm: Urgent Attention by oladiran2(m): 10:32pm On Aug 30, 2016
Don't use just a single insecticide so the insects don't build resistance. Alternate from other alternatives from the suggestions you were given like buying like 3 different ones with different active ingredients and hope you have eradicate that plant in the first picture and when doing don't let it touch any plant. Good luck and send us corn ooooo
Re: Maize Farm: Urgent Attention by Tyche(m): 6:15pm On Sep 13, 2016
Thanks everyone for your contribution. So far, so good

Re: Maize Farm: Urgent Attention by shadowid: 6:38pm On Sep 13, 2016
what's the name of the pesticides u used, how did u apply it and how many weeks is ur farm. Thks glad to c DAT u didn't lose ur farm
Re: Maize Farm: Urgent Attention by Tyche(m): 7:00pm On Sep 13, 2016
shadowid:
what's the name of the pesticides u used, how did u apply it and how many weeks is ur farm. Thks glad to c DAT u didn't lose ur farm

I used Jubaili imiforce on the first day; 2 capsfull to 16 liter sprayer. Then after 1 week I used sharp shooter; 4 capsfull to 16 liter sprayer.
I took out time to do it myself and concentrated my sprays at the funnel part of the maize. I hope to spray one more time, probably the last time this weekend.
I am so happy it turned out well bro
Re: Maize Farm: Urgent Attention by adeniyi65(m): 6:37pm On Sep 17, 2016
Congratulation.good to hear this.
Re: Maize Farm: Urgent Attention by sodiquisty(m): 7:01am On Sep 18, 2016
Pls can i still plant maize this month or which crop can i plant between october and january..
Am jst an amateur farmer in need of hlp..
Re: Maize Farm: Urgent Attention by Aderex91: 11:24am On Apr 30, 2017
please help me I can't phantom the cause of this menace.... anybody with solutions should help save me

Re: Maize Farm: Urgent Attention by Munzy14(m): 11:57am On Apr 30, 2017
Aderex91:
please help me I can't phantom the cause of this menace.... anybody with solutions should help save me
There are two processes i will teach you. as regards to this maize issue.
The organic approach.
The inorganic approach.

The organic approach: use neem leave oil in mixture with ginger extract. u can contact organicfoods for this products.

The inorganic approach: Use any insecticide containing DIMETHOATE. 60ml in 14litres of water and spray twice in a week only for now. and watch ur maize bounce back. and note if u ever see any sign of it try repeat the procedure again. am sure u won't after application. Insecticide containing dimethoate, includes. DDiforce, Best action etc. these are d ones i am sure of. thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maize Farm: Urgent Attention by Tyche(m): 12:52pm On Apr 30, 2017
Munzy14:

There are two processes i will teach you. as regards to this maize issue.
The organic approach.
The inorganic approach.

The organic approach: use neem leave oil in mixture with ginger extract. u can contact organicfoods for this products.

The inorganic approach: Use any insecticide containing DIMETHOATE. 60ml in 14litres of water and spray twice in a week only for now. and watch ur maize bounce back. and note if u ever see any sign of it try repeat the procedure again. am sure u won't after application. Insecticide containing dimethoate, includes. DDiforce, Best action etc. these are d ones i am sure of. thanks

Thanks for the idea, I will reserve it for this planting season
Re: Maize Farm: Urgent Attention by Munzy14(m): 3:06pm On Apr 30, 2017
Tyche:

Thanks for the idea, I will reserve it for this planting season
you are most welcome!.

(1) (Reply)

Anti Snake Plant Available / FRESH 9JA FARM FROZEN CHICKEN / #400 Pepper And #100 Tomatoe In My PPA (PIX)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.