Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,741 members, 7,820,549 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

Encouraging Bible Verses For The Brokenhearted ( Part 1) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Encouraging Bible Verses For The Brokenhearted ( Part 1) (298 Views)

10 Bible Verses On Tithing / 23 Encouraging Bible Verses For Believers / Holineness And Righteousness Revival Messages And Bible Verses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Encouraging Bible Verses For The Brokenhearted ( Part 1) by holla0404(f): 4:07pm On Aug 22, 2016
Encouraging Bible Verses for the Brokenhearted (PART 1)

The LORD is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit (Psalms 34:18). It is encouraging to read what King David wrote in the previously quoted psalm. We can be healed and delivered from a broken heart.

A broken heart can happen when we lose a loved one such as a spouse or a child or even a beloved pet. Metaphorically, it is that emotional aching in your chest that happens when you are deeply disappointed or grieved over a life circumstance. The Bible has many other verses that can encourage the brokenhearted as well. Here are just twenty encouraging Bible verses for the brokenhearted that I found.

The Lord is Strong; Do not Fear

Psalms 73:26 My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

Isaiah 41:10 fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Matthew 11:28-30 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.

2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Trust the Lord for Deliverance and Healing

Psalms 55:22 Cast your burden on the LORD, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved.

Psalms 107:20 He sent out his word and healed them, and delivered them from their destruction.

Psalms 147:3 He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.

Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

1 Peter 2:24 He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed.

1 Peter 4:19 Therefore let those who suffer according to God’s will entrust their souls to a faithful Creator while doing good.
http://www.loveofgodoutreach.org/2016/08/encouraging-bible-verses-for.html

(1) (Reply)

Do You Know Who You Are? / Religious Leaders, Greatest Perpetrators Of Sexual Crime, Says Police / Husband & Wife Beware Of Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.