Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,985 members, 7,956,681 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 04:51 PM

Please Help,i Lack Confidence During Job Interview. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Please Help,i Lack Confidence During Job Interview. (1258 Views)

5 Ways To Stay Positive During Job Search / How To Act During Job Interview / Smart Ways To Conduct Yourself During Job Interviews (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help,i Lack Confidence During Job Interview. by ryut: 4:41pm On Aug 22, 2016
I can boldly speak in a congregation, or any gathering and to any level of people with confidence,but for some time now,i discovered that anytime i attended an interview i will be jittery and talk without confidence.My heart will even be beating as soon as i enter into the interview room to meet the interview panel.My body will be shaking and i will lose control while talking.I cant gain confidence during the interview process but can only be myself once the interview is over.This has cost me a lot of jobs.Please what should i do to regain confidence during job interview.

1 Like

Re: Please Help,i Lack Confidence During Job Interview. by donbenedict(m): 4:44pm On Aug 22, 2016
Smoke weed bro.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help,i Lack Confidence During Job Interview. by Optimusprime(m): 4:48pm On Aug 22, 2016
donbenedict:
Smoke weed bro.
Epic reply. Lol
Re: Please Help,i Lack Confidence During Job Interview. by ammyluv2002(f): 4:58pm On Aug 22, 2016
ryut:
I can boldly speak in a congregation, or any gathering and to any level of people with confidence,but for some time now,i discovered that anytime i attended an interview i will be jittery and talk without confidence.My heart will even be beating as soon as i enter into the interview room to meet the interview panel.My body will be shaking and i will lose control while talking.I cant gain confidence during the interview process but can only be myself once the interview is over.This has cost me a lot of jobs.Please what should i do to regain confidence during job interview.
Believe in yourself! Don't let your current situation overwhelm you. Picture yourself greater than those HR guys conducting the interview. Above all, ask for the spirit of boldness from God.

5 Likes

Re: Please Help,i Lack Confidence During Job Interview. by Chidizman(m): 5:00pm On Aug 22, 2016
Whats happening to you is a little bit psychological which I believe is as a result of low self-esteem. The interview panels are human beings just like you and I. They are not gods. Ask yourself, What do I really stand to lose?? If you can answer this question, Then you are good to go. Just to boost a little confidence before an Interview, Take a little vodka, Not too much though. You'be amazed on how fast and fluent you can talk . Works for some peeps I know

2 Likes

Re: Please Help,i Lack Confidence During Job Interview. by ayusco85(m): 5:15pm On Aug 22, 2016
My dear witch craft is real.

Maybe they are fanning themselves with Ur pics.
Re: Please Help,i Lack Confidence During Job Interview. by Nobody: 5:32pm On Aug 22, 2016
ryut:
how can u boldly speak in front of a congregation and then have problem with interview.....trying to wrap my head around that
Re: Please Help,i Lack Confidence During Job Interview. by Nobody: 5:44pm On Aug 22, 2016
My brother please go for deliverance, those witches have got you bad sad
Re: Please Help,i Lack Confidence During Job Interview. by Nobody: 5:58pm On Aug 22, 2016
Brow it seems to me that you ain't ready to work mehn... Imagine you saying that you could express yourself within a congregation but you can't ace an ordinary interview.I doubt your legit in personality. Or prolly you ain't qualified for the applied position,so u mumble, grumple and fumble... Meanwhile when going for an interview next time,take tramadol 200mg. Come back here and gumme testimony.
Re: Please Help,i Lack Confidence During Job Interview. by benedima: 6:40pm On Aug 22, 2016
Op, I think I understand what you're facing whenever you're to be interviewed. Don't think it's witch craft from your family or your friends who don't wish you well. Please do not follow the suggestion by those who said you should smoke weed or drink little alcohol before going for interview. If you do those things, you will successfully ruin the interview.

Let's start like this, when you see a very beautiful elegant rich sweet lady that looks like an angel and she's in front of you and you want to initiate conversation with her, at first your mind will start to fail you that she won't accept right Or she might even look down on you, if later you gain the confidence and decide to initiate the conversation, you will start picking your words one after the other, Y are you doing this, it's because you don't want to say what will offend her and piss her off. Am I right.

Now let's assume that you see this wowo gal in your area and you decide to initiate conversation with her, am sure you will start any how and you might not even bother about your choice of words,. Now y are you doing this, it's basically because even if she doesn't accept , you have nothing to loose.

The essence of my above story is to make you see that what you're facing is the fear of failure. You're seeing this work to mean a lot to u and u can't afford to fail the interview. If you see it this way, you won't be able to build confidence that you can do it and you will continue to look yourself as a less suitable candidate for the job.

Solution is that you should look down on every interview you come across, be ready to praise yourself even higher than the company itself and don't be intimidated by those people interviewing you because they are not God, they are normal human being and they are still same people that goes to the toilet just like you. Never inhabit fear of failure rather take the interview like the normal interview you've been failing over time and no different. So if you pass, fine and if you don't, struggle continues. Your inability to want to let go of the job will always bring fear of failure to you.

So in your next interview instead of looking down on your self, please look down on the job and the interviewers and the confidence will come. I was once in your shoe before I came out of my shell.

Best of luck

7 Likes

Re: Please Help,i Lack Confidence During Job Interview. by onward4life(m): 7:01pm On Aug 22, 2016
ryut:

Guy try to work on that stuff ooo or its gon slit u real bad... but if should be of help I wud say avoid the weed aspect I prefer beans with old yam meh...
Do you rap? See the y rap music is more than clubs and twerking!! Stand in fron or ur mirror look @u in the eyes and say how good are and how best to input ur efforts in this company if given the chance...byside u aren't inna police station why wudnt u say something, try to remember the starvation waiting for you when u step out the door without the job...
Try to know about the company the goods and services they offer tell them about other competitors but also how u intend to make head way,, because since birth all you u do is win win win no matter what!!!!
Re: Please Help,i Lack Confidence During Job Interview. by TheArchangel(f): 7:07pm On Aug 22, 2016
Just remember the hunger wey go waya you if you don't get a job. Hunger is a major motivating factor here.
Re: Please Help,i Lack Confidence During Job Interview. by ryut: 7:20pm On Aug 22, 2016
benedima:
Op, I think I understand what you're facing whenever you're to be interviewed. Don't think it's witch craft from your family or your friends who don't wish you well. Please do not follow the suggestion by those who said you should smoke weed or drink little alcohol before going for interview. If you do those things, you will successfully ruin the interview.

Let's start like this, when you see a very beautiful elegant rich sweet lady that looks like an angel and she's in front of you and you want to initiate conversation with her, at first your mind will start to fail you that she won't accept right Or she might even look down on you, if later you gain the confidence and decide to initiate the conversation, you will start picking your words one after the other, Y are you doing this, it's because you don't want to say what will offend her and piss her off. Am I right.

Now let's assume that you see this wowo gal in your area and you decide to initiate conversation with her, am sure you will start any how and you might not even bother about your choice of words,. Now y are you doing this, it's basically because even if she doesn't accept , you have nothing to loose.

The essence of my above story is to make you see that what you're facing is the fear of failure. You're seeing this work to mean a lot to u and u can't afford to fail the interview. If you see it this way, you won't be able to build confidence that you can do it and you will continue to look yourself as a less suitable candidate for the job.

Solution is that you should look down on every interview you come across, be ready to praise yourself even higher than the company itself and don't be intimidated by those people interviewing you because they are not God, they are normal human being and they are still same people that goes to the toilet just like you. Never inhabit fear of failure rather take the interview like the normal interview you've been failing over time and no different. So if you pass, fine and if you don't, struggle continues. Your inability to want to let go of the job will always bring fear of failure to you.

So in your next interview instead of looking down on your self, please look down on the job and the interviewers and the confidence will come. I was once in your shoe before I came out of my shell.

Best of luck

Thanks, and thanks for all those that are offering me a solution to this. I appreciate.
Re: Please Help,i Lack Confidence During Job Interview. by Udochee(m): 7:26pm On Aug 22, 2016
if possible just strike up conversation with other applicants around you, in the process interact normally. by then your nerves would have been calm before its get to your turn
Re: Please Help,i Lack Confidence During Job Interview. by afanide: 11:47pm On Aug 22, 2016
just put yourself in their shoes and that settles it........
My own is the reverse.......
Am not that bold facing the crowd.....
Re: Please Help,i Lack Confidence During Job Interview. by ABEngine(m): 3:24am On Aug 23, 2016
Chidizman:
Whats happening to you is a little bit psychological which I believe is as a result of low self-esteem. The interview panels are human beings just like you and I. They are not gods. Ask yourself, What do I really stand to lose?? If you can answer this question, Then you are good to go. Just to boost a little confidence before an Interview, Take a little vodka, Not too much though. You'be amazed on how fast and fluent you can talk . Works for some peeps I know

Vodka right? He would kukuma forget his credentials at home grin grin
Re: Please Help,i Lack Confidence During Job Interview. by mofeace: 6:33pm On Aug 23, 2016
Report at the nearest police station! Somebody needs to be arrested for your lack of confidence* haba whyyyyy na?

(1) (Reply)

How To Start An Event Planning business From Home / Urgent Recruitment For Grab / Ecobank Recruitment 2017 - Application Guide/method Of Application

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.