Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,108 members, 7,814,891 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

God Does Not Have A Religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Does Not Have A Religion (501 Views)

Santeria: A Religion From Yoruba Practiced In North Caribbean, USA, Mexico / What Is The Throne Of God? Does God Literally Have A Throne? / God Does Not 'EXIST' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

God Does Not Have A Religion by Hardeydamola(m): 4:33am On Aug 23, 2016
This piece below is written by me as reflection of my personal belief on the subject matter, an opinion which for a fact you don't have to make or pretend to align with yours.‎
The need to speak my mind on the topic "is God a Muslim or a Christian" became necessary after I got black eyed yesterday while some of my friends thread the path of violence in forcing the other to believe God is a religious being and for a fact belongs to his belief community while juxtaposing on the subject topic. ‎
The text of this piece were written from the influence on a memoir of Mahatma Gandhi on Religion and his famous one liner "God does not have a religion"‎
I expect Civility in the Commentary and the Conception of this piece, please refrain from use of Banters or abusive words.

"God did not create even one of the many religions we have, men did."‎
Each founder of a particular religion looked within themselves and saw God, and interpreted what they saw as a revelation of how to live and worship him. They were then able to convince others into believing that THEY alone had God's undivided attention and that everyone should believe as they do;
BUT just because someone says, "God told me how to worship him", doesn't make it so. Each person who claims to have been given "the word" from God, interpreted their revelations according to their own subjective beliefs. For all we know each may have been given the exact same message, but interpreted it differently. Most religions claim to be inspired by the same God. With many saying, "my religion is the only TRUE religion" and the more fanatical religions say, "God will punish you if you don't believe in what I believe in".
I do not see how anyone who knows there is a God could truly believe that he would damn the majority of the population of this world to purgatory automatically. Therefore, it is impossible for me to believe that there is only one true religion. If so, then most of us are going straight to Hell.
‎As a species we constantly try to find something, anything that will explain human existence, why we are here, and our place in it; but it must be tangible for us to accept it. We are social beings and must be able to see it, touch it, and be a part of it in order to believe in it, Organized religion fills that need. We organize ourselves into groups of like-minded individuals, who have basically the same beliefs, and call it a religion.
The majority of people never actually chose their own religion,‎for the majority of us, religion is not a choice, it is a birthright. My parents are Muslims so I must grow up to be one except I'd love to labelled as a bastard. I apologize to that small percentage of you who have actively chosen your religion because it fits your beliefs and your spiritual needs.
Even though I truly believe that all religions have something worthwhile to teach, but each of us ultimately decides what we will believe in and what we will not. It doesn't matter what religion you are a part of, I guarantee that there are certain tenets of your religion that you disagree with. That's because YOUR beliefs are subjective and are actually only between you and God, and no one else. The religion you are a part of simply fulfills MOST of your spiritual needs, but not all. It is just comforting being in an organized religion where we know that everyone who honestly adheres to most of our religions beliefs will be blessed and allowed into heaven.‎
In the end though, you will answer to God, not your religion, for your belief.

It is my opinion that Our God is tolerant of all religions and Just Maybe He DOES NOT Have a Religion Himself !!! 

Piece Written By: 
Adegbite Adedamola
@poshonlinesignatures 
Ifecole@gmail.com‎
Bbm:24CDA0CA‎

(1) (Reply)

The Game Of Life / See How Oyinbo Man Carries This Old African Man On His Back In Saudi (pics) / Breaking News..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.