Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,605 members, 7,865,458 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 06:30 PM

I Don't Think It Is Right To Name A Dog Buhari But It's Not Worth The Attention - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / I Don't Think It Is Right To Name A Dog Buhari But It's Not Worth The Attention (502 Views)

Joachim Chinakwe Who Named His Dog "Buhari" - "My Life Is In Danger" / Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe / Trader Arrested For Naming His Dog ‘Buhari’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Don't Think It Is Right To Name A Dog Buhari But It's Not Worth The Attention by ariesbull: 2:21pm On Aug 23, 2016
Bingo, Billy, Teddy, Captain, Tiga etc are common names of dogs, but not Buhari. I wonder what made somebody to do that? Lately, Nigerians have been reacting online and tweeting over the naming a dog, Buhari. The man that committed this “sacrilegious offence”Joachim Iroko, is remanded in prison or is in custody. I don’t know ow if the Nigerian Constitution made it clear that dogs shouldn’t be names in such a manner. Whatever manner it is, I am not a lawyer and I am not commenting on legal implications.

Well, there is so much emphasis that is attached to a name in this part of world, especially Nigeria . I don’t know how right or wrong this singular act is. I am not a moralist, so I will not chastise nor encourage but I will look at the logical I ties of the hullabaloo. Is it really worth the noise? Dies the man deserve the overnight celebrity status he crave for? Are Nigerian that idle, that idle that they will discuss nothing else, than name of dog? These are what I have been thinking about...https://etimesafrica./2016/08/23/why-so-much-drama-and-noise-about-the-name-of-a-dog/
Re: I Don't Think It Is Right To Name A Dog Buhari But It's Not Worth The Attention by fotadmowmend(m): 2:24pm On Aug 23, 2016
Buhari isn't GEJ

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Duplicate / Female Chow Chow For Sale / Cross-bred Rottweiler Available In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.