Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,677 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

Why I Think Mr. Joachim Iroko(man That Named A Dog Buhari) Deserves His Arrest - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Why I Think Mr. Joachim Iroko(man That Named A Dog Buhari) Deserves His Arrest (957 Views)

Joachim Iroko, Man Who Named Dog Buhari Appears In Court (Pics) / Ogun Police Statement On Joachim Iroko, Man Who Named His Dog Buhari / Joachim Iroko In Court For Naming His Dog Buhari (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Think Mr. Joachim Iroko(man That Named A Dog Buhari) Deserves His Arrest by Feranmicharles(m): 4:13pm On Aug 23, 2016
First thing first. (Matured minds only, I'm only trying to let you know my own side of the story, which I think its the right path. No insult's)

This is about the man that named his dog "Buhari". Just as we all know, buhari is Nigeria's 1st citizen, even though most Nigerians don't like what's going on in Nigeria right now during his tenure, but does that warrant anybody to name his" Animal" after the number one citizen

According to the man, he said. "I named my buhari because I love Mr. president" My question here is, why can't he name one his children after the President Why a dog Or better still, he should change his name to Buhari, rather these, he named a dog Buhari sad

Furthermore, this illegal act can cause calamity in the community or lead to war, either tribal,civil,political war. Lets make a scenario here. What do you think a Hausa man would do if he see such Dog, with his homie's name written widely on it I'm not saying Hausa's are terrorist or trouble maker. This Hausa man could you forced to provocation and causes fight between himself and the owner. And steadily, this will lead to chaos.

How is this arrest right?
1: According to the Ogun State police command is in Section 249 (1) (d) of the Criminal Code Cap 29 Vol.11 laws of Ogun State of Nigeria 2006, states thus...
“every person who, in any public place, conducts himself in a manner likely to cause a breach of the peace” shall be deemed idle and disorderly persons, and may be arrested without warrant, and shall be guilty of a simple offence, and shall be liable to imprisonment for one month.”

Can you now see? This illegal act deserves proper legal actions, let's not promote violence in Nigeria. Stay blessed

Feranmicharles
Re: Why I Think Mr. Joachim Iroko(man That Named A Dog Buhari) Deserves His Arrest by harlems02: 4:22pm On Aug 23, 2016
I don't think he deserves to be arrested and remanded because, like he said he loves Mr. President and gave his pet that name. While i was growing up in the early 80s i hear sweet and beautiful names given to pets(dogs,cats etc). Secondly, our president is not the only one bearing that name and so i see no reason why it should trigger any form of violence among those hausas. While should they always see wrong and blasphemy in what others do? I see we are gradually Islamising dix country. Nigerians should wake up.

Re: Why I Think Mr. Joachim Iroko(man That Named A Dog Buhari) Deserves His Arrest by eshietIntrepid(m): 4:23pm On Aug 23, 2016
Is bubu not a dog?
Re: Why I Think Mr. Joachim Iroko(man That Named A Dog Buhari) Deserves His Arrest by paschal47(m): 4:28pm On Aug 23, 2016
i just don't think that guy should be arrested. if a guy could name his goat Jonathan and go scot-free then i think a man can also name his dog Buhari and also go scot-free. sometimes you just have to overlook things but all the same that guy shouldn't have named that dog buhari he just cursed that dog.
Re: Why I Think Mr. Joachim Iroko(man That Named A Dog Buhari) Deserves His Arrest by reptile1: 4:39pm On Aug 23, 2016
Feranmicharles:
First thing first. (Matured minds only, I'm only trying to let you know my own side of the story, which I think its the right path. No insult's)

This is about the man that named his dog "Buhari". Just as we all know, buhari is Nigeria's 1st citizen, even though most Nigerians don't like what's going on in Nigeria right now during his tenure, but does that warrant anybody to name his" Animal" after the number one citizen

According to the man, he said. "I named my buhari because I love Mr. president" My question here is, why can't he name one his children after the President Why a dog Or better still, he should change his name to Buhari, rather these, he named a dog Buhari sad

Furthermore, this illegal act can cause calamity in the community or lead to war, either tribal,civil,political war. Lets make a scenario here. What do you think a Hausa man would do if he see such Dog, with his homie's name written widely on it I'm not saying Hausa's are terrorist or trouble maker. This Hausa man could you forced to provocation and causes fight between himself and the owner. And steadily, this will lead to chaos.

1: According to the Ogun State police command is in Section 249 (1) (d) of the Criminal Code Cap 29 Vol.11 laws of Ogun State of Nigeria 2006, states thus...
“every person who, in any public place, conducts himself in a manner likely to cause a breach of the peace” shall be deemed idle and disorderly persons, and may be arrested without warrant, and shall be guilty of a simple offence, and shall be liable to imprisonment for one month.”

Can you now see? This illegal act deserves proper legal actions, let's not promote violence in Nigeria. Stay blessed

Feranmicharles

There's no wrong naming ur pet any name. Always look @ issues from the realm of simple logic position of the law.
Re: Why I Think Mr. Joachim Iroko(man That Named A Dog Buhari) Deserves His Arrest by MadCow1: 4:40pm On Aug 23, 2016
Feranmicharles:
Feranmicharles

Just a slight point of corruption:: The mans offense isn't naming his Dog after the President, its the manner in which he went about it.. He shaved the name into the sides of the dog and paraded the Dog through a Northern neighborhood.

1 Month in prison isnt too bad, hopefully he gets the option of a fine and some community service instead.
Re: Why I Think Mr. Joachim Iroko(man That Named A Dog Buhari) Deserves His Arrest by reptile1: 4:40pm On Aug 23, 2016
Feranmicharles:

Feranmicharles

There's no wrong naming ur pet any name. Always look @ issues from the realm of simple logic and position of the law.
Re: Why I Think Mr. Joachim Iroko(man That Named A Dog Buhari) Deserves His Arrest by Nobody: 4:48pm On Aug 23, 2016
harlems02:
I don't think he deserves to be arrested and remanded because, like he said he loves Mr. President and gave his pet that name. While i was growing up in the early 80s i hear sweet and beautiful names given to pets(dogs,cats etc). Secondly, our president is not the only one bearing that name and so i see no reason why it should trigger any form of violence among those hausas. While should they always see wrong and blasphemy in what others do? I see we are gradually Islamising dix country. Nigerians should wake up.

Technically, OP is write and we all know he belongs to the 5% and generally, 5% or not we all blame the presidency for his imcompetence so far in office.

Those things he said we all know were ironic tho. Arresting isn't the issue, the issue is remanding him in prison
Re: Why I Think Mr. Joachim Iroko(man That Named A Dog Buhari) Deserves His Arrest by Feranmicharles(m): 6:57pm On Aug 23, 2016
MadCow1:

Just a slight point of corruption:: The mans offense isn't naming his Dog after the President, its the manner in which he went about it.. He shaved the name into the sides of the dog and paraded the Dog through a Northern neighborhood.

1 Month in prison isnt too bad, hopefully he gets the option of a fine and some community service instead.
Yeah, that's the point.
Re: Why I Think Mr. Joachim Iroko(man That Named A Dog Buhari) Deserves His Arrest by Qristien: 8:10am On Aug 24, 2016
I wanted to trash the OP, then I noticed it was Feranmi.

Kai! Feranmi, you fall my hand!

(1) (Reply)

Give Your Dog A Good Name / 5-mth-old Pit Bull Saves Owner's Girlfriend From Rape / Caucasian: Champion 5 Weeks Old Male Co For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.