Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,125 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

Supernatural Things Of God: The Exclusives Of God's Faithful - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Supernatural Things Of God: The Exclusives Of God's Faithful (734 Views)

The True Power Of God - The Power Of Love / Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here / THINGS OF THE Spirit(dream And Vision) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Supernatural Things Of God: The Exclusives Of God's Faithful by Nobody: 9:36pm On Aug 23, 2016
“You do NOT need God to be/become rich.”

Audacious as it may seem to some Pharisees and Sadducees(pun), it is true. You do not need to look far and wide, the evidence is in your hand, on your smartphone or computer. So, some may ask: "I am rich/well-off, I have a family I love and provide for, I'm comfortable and happy". Why then do I need this Jesus? why do I need to give this God my life? Why should I worship Him?

This a series I shared sometime on Facebook titled "Supernatural things of God" it is about some of those supernatural things that are exclusive to God’s faithful, true believers - those whose lifestyles glorify God. It is not an exhaustive list but I believe it would cover some ground to the best of my current knowledge in the things of the Spirit. These are peculiar privileges that cannot be gotten or provided for by any god, devil, idol, human or animal except through Christ. I say God’s faithful because I believe you cannot love and not be faithful. Jesus says “If you love me, keep my commandments” and also "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me" (John 10:27)

"They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world.” (John 17:16)

There is so much emphasis on vain things in today's christianity. It now seems God's blessings are equated with abundance in worldly riches. But what does the bible say about this? "If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.”(1 John 2:15-17).

I know we all have a natural inclination to the fine things of life but knowing and following Jesus comes with sacrifice and persecution. I watched a sermon and was surprised to hear that as at 2013 Nigeria was ranked no.1 in countries with the most cases of christian persecution. 66% of all known cases of christian persecutions in the world happen in Nigeria. But we have the largest gathering of christians in the world and the largest church auditorium in the world. But rarely do we hear the faces of christianity in our nation speak up against glaring persecution of christians, especially of recent. This is what the prosperity teaching (I cannot call it gospel) has brought upon us. It gives an illusory comfort to its members that the world is not passing away, that prophecies are not being fulfilled, that there is no war against the church by the devil's religious army. This teaching is similar to new age positive thinking - as long as you are not being affected, the world can burn for all I care, God will surely give me my four cars this year.

Now, not every christian would face the kind of persecution up north but if you live for God, stand for truth and also tell people about Jesus, you must encounter resistance, you will be chastised, you are NOT going to be the most liked person, neither will your friends who continue in sin enjoy your company, especially in a corruption-loving society ours. Jesus Christ when He spoke the truth had many of His disciples leave Him(John 6).

When you live for God, you will then understand why unbelievers are the 'people of the world' because you CANNOT share the same values with them when you refuse to continue in the works of the flesh. So, if you are born-again and nobody can differentiate between you and someone who doesn't know Christ, you better repent and start reading your bible so you can know about the life of Jesus.

Back to the matter, many believers probably have some questions about our faith that we would ask our Lord Jesus Christ about, some things that just do not connect except by revelation, when we get to be with Him in glory. Unbelievers have even more questions about our 'foolishness’ (1 Cor 2:14) in choosing to serve and worship God. But in their folly, they are unaware that He has hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children as it pleases Him (Luke 10:27).

Job in his suffering, after all that he had was taken away from him, raised some questions in his conversation with Zophar the Naamatithe that are quite similar to some questions I had when I did not believe in God

"Why do the wicked live on, growing old and increasing in power? They see their children established around them, their offspring before their eyes. Their homes are safe and free from fear; the rod of God is not on them. Their bulls never fail to breed; their cows calve and do not miscarry. They send forth their children as a flock; their little ones dance about. They sing to the music of timbrel and lyre; they make merry to the sound of the pipe. They spend their years in prosperity and go down to the grave in peace. Yet they say to God, ‘Leave us alone! We have no desire to know Your ways. Who is the Almighty, that we should serve Him?
What would we gain by praying to Him?’
(Job 21:7-15)

The Bible refers to people who are in rebellion against God as wicked. The wicked may be very rich, in positions of power, have a large family, live to old age, and have a lot going on for them. But, Except they turn to God, they certainly will NOT have these things:
In no particular order of importance, but starting with the most important of them all:

1. Life

"If we have hoped in Christ only for this life, we are of all men most to be pitied” (1 Cor 15:19)

Death is inevitable but is often times the least likely thing to be talked about within social circles, but rightly so, I mean, who wants to talk about death all the time except you are the Grim Reaper. However, the bible tells us that the fear of death subjects man to slavery all lifelong (Heb 2:15). In the words of John Piper, "there is no true freedom where happiness depends on denying the inevitable; only slavery disguised in a thousand forms of fun and busyness.” When a person is not in Christ, he is in rebellion against God (Matt 12:30), so whatever he does in rebellion, good or bad, is sin before God - "Whatever does not proceed from faith is sin" (Rom 14:23). So, in depravity, man is morally unable to save himself from the corruption of his being (flesh), thus, becomes a slave to sin (John 8:34). In Romans 7:18 apostle Paul said “I know that nothing good dwells in me that is in my flesh.” This shows how much in bondage man is in when in rebellion against God. But it gets even worse, sin leads to death (Rom 6:23; 7:11; James 1:15)

But, the good news is Jesus came that we may have life and have it in abundance (John 10:10). Out of the Love for you and I, God gave his only begotten Son that whoever believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life. Jesus is the source to and giver of eternal life (John 6:7; 11:25-26; 14:6) and no one would snatch you out of His hand (John 10:28). And there is no other name given under heaven by which men can be saved(Acts 4:12) and It is God’s will that everyone should repent and be saved and none should perish (1 Tim 2:4; 2 Pet 3:9). On the other hand, those who reject salvation will face the wrath of God (Rom 2:8; John 3:36) in condemnation forever.

Choose life today. Jesus loves you. He is waiting.

I pray as many that see this would make a decision to come to truth and eternal life in Jesus Christ. In Jesus' name. Amen.

**Let us remember the christians facing severe persecution and matyrdom up north in prayers and provide support where we can**

God bless you all

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Supernatural Things Of God: The Exclusives Of God's Faithful by Ranchhoddas: 9:48pm On Aug 23, 2016
First to comment
Re: Supernatural Things Of God: The Exclusives Of God's Faithful by Nobody: 9:50pm On Aug 23, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
First to comment

kindly locate the nearest bank with the screenshot of yhu been the FTC...........

I believe you will be rewarded.......

1 Like

Re: Supernatural Things Of God: The Exclusives Of God's Faithful by Ranchhoddas: 9:59pm On Aug 23, 2016
toposi4naija:

kindly locate the nearest bank with the screenshot of yhu been the FTC...........

I believe you will be rewarded.......
Are you Herzern?
Re: Supernatural Things Of God: The Exclusives Of God's Faithful by Nobody: 10:34pm On Aug 23, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Are you Herzern?

haha...

What exposed me??...

Re: Supernatural Things Of God: The Exclusives Of God's Faithful by Ranchhoddas: 10:38pm On Aug 23, 2016
toposi4naija:

haha...
What exposed me??...
A supernatural revelation.
Re: Supernatural Things Of God: The Exclusives Of God's Faithful by MrMontella(m): 11:37pm On Aug 23, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
A supernatural revelation.
he will say it is a lie..once u say it is not from jesus...
Was it from vinshu?
Re: Supernatural Things Of God: The Exclusives Of God's Faithful by winner01(m): 11:48pm On Aug 23, 2016
God bless you for this my brother.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supernatural Things Of God: The Exclusives Of God's Faithful by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:07am On Aug 24, 2016
A new Christian convert teaching the word of God with so much ardor and gaiety , I'm so happy you found happiness in Christ.

4 Likes

Re: Supernatural Things Of God: The Exclusives Of God's Faithful by bukason212(m): 2:35pm On Aug 24, 2016
Thanks for these teaching. But I have an advice for advice. As u go on in this faith ,never lose ur first love for Christ. The passion that u have now, never let it die. The love of money, offences, disappointments(when answers to prayers have not manifested) , the endtime happenings will try to slow you down. Be watchful and prayerful. The Lord will be ur strength. I pray that God will grant u more grace to do more even as u are doing now, in Jesus name! Amen

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Was Adolf Hitler Really A Christian / Christians Are Immune To Snakes? Really? / Pagan Destruction Chronology (314-870 C.E) (share Your Own Views)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.