Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,193 members, 7,953,694 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:41 PM

The Numerical Contradictions In The Quran by Backslider - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Numerical Contradictions In The Quran by Backslider (4677 Views)

Contradictions In The Bible / For Muslims: Contradictions In The Quran / Godson Et All, Where Are The Contradictions In The Qur'aan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Numerical Contradictions In The Quran by Backslider by Backslider(m): 4:02pm On Dec 13, 2006
There are many numerical contradictions in the Quran. Can God make so much error in doing simple calculations?

How many days did it take to create Heavens and Earth ?

Quran 7: 54 Your gurdian-Lord is Allah who created the heavens and earth in Six Days

Quran 10: 3 Verily your Lord is Allah, who created the heavens and earth in Six Days

Quran 11:7 He it is Who created the heavens and earth in Six Days
Quran-25:29: He Who created the heavens and earth and all that is between, in Six Days

The above verses clearly state that God created the heaven and Allah created the heaven and the Earth in 6 days. But the verses below stated-

Quran 41: 9 Is it that ye deny Him who created the earth in Two Days ?

Quran 41: 10 He set on the (earth) Mountains standing firm high above it, and bestowed blessing on the earth, and measured therein all things to give them nourishment in due proportion, in FOUR DAYS…

Quran 41: 12 So He completed them (heavens) as seven firmaments in Two days and …

Now do the math: 2(for earth) + 4(for nourishment) + 2 (for heavens) = 8 days; and not 6 days

Similar mistakes you can see in the verse: Quran 4: 11 - 12, and Quran 4: 176 in inheritance law. In these verses one can see the total property after adding all distributed parties adds up more than the available property, i.e., totals become more than 1 which are: 1.125 and 1.25. How come ? A gross mathematical errors, is not it ?

Allah’s Days Equal to 1000 Years or 50,000 Years?

Quran 22: 47 A day in the sight of the Lord is like a thousand years of your reckoning. Quran-32:5: To Him, on a Day, the space whereof will be a thousands years of your rekoning

Quran 70: 4 The angels and the spirit ascend unto him in a day the measure whereof is Fifty thousands years.

So, which one is it? Is the day of Allah equal to 1,000 earth years or 50,000 earth years?

NB
AS I HAVE QUOTED THE QURAN PLEASE QOUTE UT ALSO TO REFUTE ALL THIS SI THAT I CAN READ
Re: The Numerical Contradictions In The Quran by Backslider by mrpataki(m): 4:25pm On Dec 13, 2006
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Hope they come up with something reasonable this time around angry
Re: The Numerical Contradictions In The Quran by Backslider by mukina2: 5:37pm On Dec 14, 2006
*yawns*
Re: The Numerical Contradictions In The Quran by Backslider by olabowale(m): 9:06am On Dec 16, 2006
@Backslider: Take your pick. Six days is more than 2, 4 5 or any other under @ 6. As they say in America; I am not Gerald Ford, who can not do 2 things at the same time, like chewing gum and walking, since he fell many times during the two years of his presidency. In six days God created everything. Heavens and earth are created within this days, maybe two or four. Only God knows it alone and those with knowledge and purity of heart. Obviously, you lack both. In Suratul Kahf, God spoke about the number of the people in the Cave with their dog. Many numbers are mentioned in the Qur'an and God ended up the sequences of number at 8, I believe. He immediately states that God is the One that knows the true number and those He gives knowledge. The answer by Allah is the highest number.

About the lenght of day with Allah, relatively to our day; Since you had claimed that you were once a Muslim, then you must have read the first verse of Surah Isra and then Surah najim. In these two surah, Allah talks about the night journey of Muhammad from Makka to Jerusalem to Heavens and then back, all in the same night. The period was after Isha prayer and before Subuh prayer of the following morning! This event alone is to tell you the power of God and the scientist, with all their crafts being sent to the space can never get to the first heave. Please do not make me laugh at your thinking. I am a serious man and I dislike to make fun at anyone. I do not take foolishness lightly.

Infact is thre a description of the lenght of a day with God relative to ours in the Bible? Can you imagine from the Islamic point of view how long is the day of Judgement, standing through it and then for disbelieving ending up in the fire of Hell? That will happen, belive it!
Re: The Numerical Contradictions In The Quran by Backslider by TayoD(m): 1:49pm On Dec 16, 2006
@olabowale,

And your point is,
Re: The Numerical Contradictions In The Quran by Backslider by olabowale(m): 2:40pm On Dec 16, 2006
@TayoD: If you do not get it, then there is no need to explain it. Qur'an and indeed Islam is for those who have received or receiving the Mercy as a favor from Allah, the Almighty. Islam is for those whose heart are being purified. When your heart is going through that process, again, then email me and i will give you my number and we can truly talk and know each other. I am always ready to dialogue with anyone.
Re: The Numerical Contradictions In The Quran by Backslider by exu(m): 2:50pm On Dec 16, 2006
You'll probably find that a lot of people won't care about this thread because Islam is a distant religion/problem to them.

In short, they haven't had Islam forced upon them.

That's not to say that there aren't a vast number of inaccuracies and contradictions to be found in the Koran.

One final thing. People keep bringing up the trivial issues, like numbers. There are far more glaring contradictions that anyone who had bothered to read said 'holy' texts would be able to identify.
Re: The Numerical Contradictions In The Quran by Backslider by olabowale(m): 3:17pm On Dec 16, 2006
@exu: Ol boy, say what you know. I am a muslim and no one forced it on me. I have met many a revert in Islam from Nigeria ane else where, happy and grateful to be muslim. If you have your proof then bring it. First learn how Qur'anic verses were revealed and finally complile to the first Book of Qur'an complete text. Then how the alphabets are developed to its present form. Until then, my man, just watch and let your other brothers and sisters in christendom trip over themselves.
Re: The Numerical Contradictions In The Quran by Backslider by exu(m): 4:17pm On Dec 16, 2006
olabowale:

@exu: Ol boy, say what you know. I am a muslim and no one forced it on me. I have met many a revert in Islam from Nigeria ane else where, happy and grateful to be muslim. If you have your proof then bring it. First learn how Qur'anic verses were revealed and finally complile to the first Book of Qur'an complete text. Then how the alphabets are developed to its present form. Until then, my man, just watch and let your other brothers and sisters in christendom trip over themselves.

Dude. Did you even read what I wrote?

My brothers and sisters in Christendom?

WTF?

I'm an only child.
Re: The Numerical Contradictions In The Quran by Backslider by Aggressa(m): 6:12pm On Dec 16, 2006
@TayoD et al, grin grin
As you know, you need perseverance if you want to discuss with Haji Olabowale; literal clarity is not one of his virtues. "Bizzare" and arrant "digressions" into obvious irrelevancies are some of his strongest oratorial skills, ,,,,,,sort of 'flight of ideas'. So welcome into the world and mind of a 21st century Islamic scholar who's got absolutely no clue of modern day thinking,,,,,,but how many of them scholars do anyway, I think they are in 1472. Enjoy the ride!!
Re: The Numerical Contradictions In The Quran by Backslider by Backslider(m): 5:40pm On Dec 20, 2006
olabowale:

Only God knows it alone and those with knowledge and purity of heart.

I thought the Quran would have this answer Since you Claim it was Written by him?

olabowale:
In six days God created everything. Heavens and earth are created within this days, maybe two or four.

Which is Which and what about the 8 days?? please help me and What about the Calculation on the Inheritance

olabowale:

Infact is thre a description of the lenght of a day with God relative to ours in the Bible?

I never quoted the bible let us stick with the quran because this is a book you dont Agree with but it says a day is like a thousand and vis visa. your Quran says different right ? please make a logical defense same way you put your contradiction of the Bible
Re: The Numerical Contradictions In The Quran by Backslider by islamtruth: 11:54pm On Dec 27, 2008
Now do the math: 2(for earth) + 4(for nourishment) + 2 (for heavens) = 8 days; and not 6 days

You have not read the verses correctly.

You have simply assumed that the earth would need to be created in two days first BEFORE anything of nourishment could happen. The nourishment happens at the same time as the earth is being created, meaning the first 2 days of the earth are also the first 2 days of the nourishment periods. This make more sense when we consider that the mountains referred to in the nourishment period are PHYSICAL aspects of earth which happened as the earth was being formed.

In other words the real sequence of events is

Day 1 Earth formation begins + nourishment begins

Day 2 Earth formation ends, nourishment is ongoing

Day 3 Nourishment is ongoing

Day 4 Nourishment is completed

So all in all, that is 4 DAYS.

Second, the Qur'an says that the 4 days mentioned for nourishment are days of equal measure. This is not mentioned when referring to the 2 days of creation of the earth, meaning the 2 days of the earth are different in length for the 4 days of nourishment. In other words, 4 DAYS of nourishment is not the same "DAY" length of time as days for creation of the earth.

Now for your 2nd supposed contradiction:

Quran 22: 47 A day in the sight of the Lord is like a thousand years of your reckoning. Quran-32:5: To Him, on a Day, the space whereof will be a thousands years of your reckoning

Quran 70: for the angels and the spirit ascend unto him in a day the measure whereof is Fifty thousands years.

So, which one is it? Is the day of Allah equal to 1,000 earth years or 50,000 earth years?

Please read the verses correctly. There is no contradiction as they are referring to different things altogether.

Verse 1 says that a day in the site of God is the same as a thousand years of our reckoning.

Verse 2, says THE ANGELS and SPIRIT ascent TO GOD in a time of span which is equivalent to 50,000 years. In other words, it takes the angels a journey of 50,000 years to reach God. That is completely different from verse 1.

There is no contradiction anywhere. Please read the verses closely and correctly, as this is a simple case of English grammar and nothing more.

With respect

1 Like

Re: The Numerical Contradictions In The Quran by Backslider by congoshine(m): 12:04am On Dec 28, 2008
Thank you for solving this 2 year riddle with your 1st post. Welcome !!
Re: The Numerical Contradictions In The Quran by Backslider by Kuns: 5:24am On Dec 28, 2008
In Koran 17: 110 it says and I quote in part "Neither speak thy prayer aloud". Yet, Azaan , is sung aloud from each Mosque or Minaret!

In the same verse[b]Koran 17: 110[/b] it says and I quote "Nor speak in a low tone" Yet you whisper when making Sunnah Salat.
Re: The Numerical Contradictions In The Quran by Backslider by Nimshi: 10:45am On Dec 28, 2008
Backslider:

The above is a dispaly of ingnorance, and a failure of imagination; by the elematary math student that is.
Re: The Numerical Contradictions In The Quran by Backslider by Riskie(f): 11:15am On Dec 28, 2008
@ OP The Bible has "contradictions" as well. What's your point? undecided

Honestly people need to stop scrutinizing other people's faiths and pay attention to their own. What do you get from pointing out these things? I'm sure that a good number of folks that do this on the religion boards don't pray, go to their place of worship regulary and are far from being good PEOPLE, talk less of being a good example of practitioners of their religion.

Get a life and shut your colossal trap!
Re: The Numerical Contradictions In The Quran by Backslider by arramyjay: 11:20am On Dec 28, 2008
@ poster
Yes he created in earth and heavens in 6days and rested on last day.
Re: The Numerical Contradictions In The Quran by Backslider by Kuns: 12:31pm On Dec 28, 2008
Ok, so if Allah created the world in 6 days, how comes he cannot stop the conflicts in Palestine in 40 years?

Is God (Allah) tired?

@tpia

The bible and Koran have many contradictions in them because all their stories were palgarisied from other cultures, that pre-date the Torah (old testament of the bible) by many thousands of year.

There are not many contradictions, because there are ALL living a lie or a be[b]lie[/b]f as far and the roots of their religions are concerned.
Re: The Numerical Contradictions In The Quran by Backslider by arramyjay: 2:04pm On Dec 28, 2008
Kuns:

Ok, so if Allah created the world in 6 days, how comes he cannot stop the conflicts in Palestine in 40 years?

Is God (Allah) tired?

God(Allah) did not start the conflicts in Palestine.
Re: The Numerical Contradictions In The Quran by Backslider by goodass(m): 2:12pm On Dec 28, 2008
Riskie:

Honestly people need to stop scrutinizing other people's faiths and pay attention to their own. What do you get from pointing out these things?

i wonder o!
Re: The Numerical Contradictions In The Quran by Backslider by Kuns: 3:08pm On Dec 28, 2008
Who started it then? Because both parties are claiming to be the children of God (Allah).

So why doesn't come and settle the matter? in 6 days?
Re: The Numerical Contradictions In The Quran by Backslider by arramyjay: 3:48pm On Dec 28, 2008
Kuns:

Who started it then? Because both parties are claiming to be the children of God (Allah).

So why doesn't come and settle the matter? in 6 days?

You knw what i will help u check out the price and visa requirement to the country so you wil go ask,who started the war.Havent you heard, {not all that calleth me lord shall be admitted to the kingdom?}
every one claims to be a child of God u knw.
Re: The Numerical Contradictions In The Quran by Backslider by babs787(m): 7:43pm On Dec 28, 2008
@Backslider

There are many numerical contradictions in the Quran. Can God make so much error in doing simple calculations?

Its a lie oga. You are the one making error. This very issue was raised in one of the threads and I explained in details to this my friend but funy how am seeing the same already thrashed issue here.

How many days did it take to create Heavens and Earth ?

Quran 7: 54 Your gurdian-Lord is Allah who created the heavens and earth in Six Days

Quran 10: 3 Verily your Lord is Allah, who created the heavens and earth in Six Days

Quran 11:7 He it is Who created the heavens and earth in Six Days
Quran-25:29: He Who created the heavens and earth and all that is between, in Six Days

The above verses clearly state that God created the heaven and Allah created the heaven and the Earth in 6 days.

The above says heavens and earth in 6 days, meaning the creation of both the heavens and earth including everything attaching to them.

But the verses below stated-

Okay, let me read form you

Quran 41: 9 Is it that ye deny Him who created the earth in Two Days ?

The above says that Allah created the earth in two days (mind you, creation of heaven was not included in the above verse).

Quran 41: 10 He set on the (earth) Mountains standing firm high above it, and bestowed blessing on the earth, and measured therein all things to give them nourishment in due proportion, in FOUR DAYS…

Allah says He created what we have in the earth i.e mountains and bestowing blessings in four days. NOTE that creation of heaven is not included here.

The first verse is on the creation of earth alone which was 2 days
The second on the creation of earth INCLUDING mountains etc was 4 days.

While the totality of the creation of both the earth and what we have in the earth i.e. mountains made up the four days.

Quran 41: 12 So He completed them (heavens) as seven firmaments in Two days and

The creation of heavens alone took 2 days ( earth was not involved here). The above was for only heaven.

Oga, go read for understanding and stop confusing yourself.

The totality of the creation of earth along with the mountains made up the four days. The creation of earth alone of is 2 days, while the inclusion of mountains etc took 2 days making four while that of heavens took another 2 days making total of 6. Let me analyze it for you below

Creation of only earth = 2 (without mountains etc)
Creation of mountains and other blessings = 2+2 = 4

Note: Creation of only the earth took 2 days while that of the blessings in it took another two days making up = 4 days
The creation of heavens took 2 days, making up 4 + 2 = 6 days in all.

Similar mistakes you can see in the verse: Quran 4: 11 - 12, and Quran 4: 176 in inheritance law. In these verses one can see the total property after adding all distributed parties adds up more than the available property, i.e., totals become more than 1 which are: 1.125 and 1.25. How come ? A gross mathematical errors, is not it ?

Allah’s Days Equal to 1000 Years or 50,000 Years?

Quran 22: 47 A day in the sight of the Lord is like a thousand years of your reckoning. Quran-32:5: To Him, on a Day, the space whereof will be a thousands years of your rekoning

Quran 70: for the angels and the spirit ascend unto him in a day the measure whereof is Fifty thousands years.

NB
AS I HAVE QUOTED THE QURAN PLEASE QOUTE UT ALSO TO REFUTE ALL THIS SI THAT I CAN READ

Just like I said earlier, you only need to read for understanding. The above are not contradictions just like I explained the verses above.
Re: The Numerical Contradictions In The Quran by Backslider by babs787(m): 8:14pm On Dec 28, 2008
@Kuns

In Koran 17: 110 it says and I quote in part "Neither speak thy prayer aloud". Yet, Azaan , is sung aloud from each Mosque or Minaret!

Adhan is the call to prayer in Islam and not the prayer itself. Iqamah is the call for prayer i.e, when prayer is about to start.

In the same verseKoran 17: 110 it says and I quote "Nor speak in a low tone" Yet you whisper when making Sunnah Salat.

17:110 Say (unto mankind): Cry unto Allah, or cry unto the Beneficent, unto whichsoever ye cry (it is the same). His are the most beautiful names. And thou (Muhammad), be not loud-voiced in thy worship nor yet silent therein, but follow a way between.

The area of discussions are:

1. be not loud voiced
2. nor yet silent
but follow a way between

1. Be not loud voiced.
Now there are particular prayers in which you have to recite the Surahs silently. Such prayers are Zuhri, Asri respectively

2. Nor yet silent
There are prayers that you need to recite the Surahs loudly such as the Subhi, first two rakahs of Maghrib and the first two rakahs of Ishai respectively.

3. But follow a way between
Now Allah commanded that we should follow a way inbetween in the sense that we should not recite loudly when its time to be recited silently and not silently when its to be recited loudly.

Example is when observing Maghrib prayer, you recite loudly in the first two rakahs and recite the last rakah silently.

Also the Ishai, evening prayer has four rakahs, you recite the first two rakahs loudly but the last two silently.

The bible and Koran have many contradictions in them because all their stories were palgarisied from other cultures, that pre-date the Torah (old testament of the bible) by many thousands of year.

Do you care to share part of the contradictions
Re: The Numerical Contradictions In The Quran by Backslider by sleek29(m): 9:20am On Jul 27, 2009
you all have been dodging the inheritance law contradiction, its the most glaring mathematical error ever!!!!.
Re: The Numerical Contradictions In The Quran by Backslider by Abuzola(m): 11:52am On Jul 27, 2009
@mukina, why you yawn nau
Re: The Numerical Contradictions In The Quran by Backslider by Nezan(m): 12:08pm On Jul 27, 2009
* de answers aint interesting yet
Re: The Numerical Contradictions In The Quran by Backslider by Abuzola(m): 12:27pm On Jul 27, 2009
If the poster knows that he is truthful why didn't he quote the context.
Lets examine

Quran 7:54 'Indeed, your Lord is Allah, who created the heavens and the earth in six days. And then He rose over the Throne. He brings night as a cover over the day, seeking it rapidly, and created sun. Moon, the stars subjected to His command, surely, His is the creation and commandment. Blessed is Allah, the Lord of everything'

lets see the creation: Quran 41:9 'Say (O Muhammad to them) 'Do you verily disbelieve in Him who created the earth in two Days ? And you set up rivals with Him ? That is the Lord of everything that exist'
Note: 2 days for earth creation.

Quran 41:10
'He placed therein (i.e the earth) firm mountains from above it, and He blessed it and measured therein its sustenance in four days equal for all those who ask about its creation'

Note: from the first sentence it is continuation of the story of the earth creation which He said 'HE placed therein i.e the earth firm mountains from above it' and it continue to tell us that God blessed it and measured therein its sustenance in four days meaning two days after the creation of the earth followed by another two days for the blessing and sustenance in it equals to 4 days,

Quran 41:12
Then He completed and finished their creation as seven heavens in two Days and He made in each heaven its affair. And We (ALLAH) adorned the nearest heaven with lamps (stars) to be an adornment as well as to guard. Such is the Decree of the All Mighty, the All knower'

Note: 7 Heaven was created in two Days.

Sum: Quran 41:9 was repeated to serve as continuation in Quran 41:10: creation of the earth and blessing in 4 days, Quran 41:12 creation of heavens in two days , total equal to 6 Days
Re: The Numerical Contradictions In The Quran by Backslider by Abuzola(m): 1:07pm On Jul 27, 2009
On inheritance lets see
Quran 4:11-12
11) 'Allah commands you as regards your children (inheritance): to the male, a portion equal to that of two females, if only daughters, two or more, their share is two thirds of the inheritance, if only one, her share is a half. For parents, a sixth share of inheritance to each if the deceased left children, if no children and the parents are the heir, the mother has a third, if the deceased left brothers, the mother has a sixth, after the payment of legacies he may have bequeathed or debts. You know not which of them , whether ur parents or ur children, are nearest to you in benefit: Are ordained by Allah. And Allah is ever ALL KNOWER ALL WISE

Note: This inheritance is all about children's inheritance, you can confirm yourself from the first sentence of the verse.

12) 'in that which your wives leave, your share is a half if they have no child. But if they leave a child, you get a forth of that which they leave after payment of legaches that they may have bequeathed or debts. In that which you leave, their share is a fourth if you leave no child, but if you leave child, they get an eighth of that which you leave after payment of legacies that you may have bequeathed or debts. If the man or woman whose inheritance is in question has left neither ascendants nor descendants but has left a brother or sister each of the two gets a sixth but if more than two, they share in a third, after payment of legacies he may have bequeathed or debts, so that no loss is caused (to anyone). This is a commandment from Allah and Allah is Ever All knowing, Most Forbearing'

Note: This verse is all about the inheritance of a husband and wife if anyone of them demise, how the husband or wife inherit it, you can confirm from the subject matter of the verse.
Re: The Numerical Contradictions In The Quran by Backslider by Abuzola(m): 1:20pm On Jul 27, 2009
Quran 4:176
'they ask you for a legal verdict, say 'ALLAH directs thus about Al kalalah (those who leave neither descendants nor ascendants as heirs). If it is a man that dies leaving a sister, but no child, she shall have half the inheritance. If is a woman who left no child, her brother takes her inheritance. If there are two sisters, they shall have two thirds of the inheritance. If there are brothers and sisters, the male will have twice the share of the female. Thus does Allah make clear to you (His law) lest you go astray. And Allah is ALL KNOWER of everything'

Note, this verse is on Al kalalah meaning those who leave neither descendants nor ascendants as heir.

Conclusion: Quran 4:11 is about children inheritance, verse 12 - husband or wife inheritance by the spouse, verse 176- on one who leave no descendant nor ascendants.

@poster can you see how foolish you are.
Re: The Numerical Contradictions In The Quran by Backslider by Abuzola(m): 1:52pm On Jul 27, 2009
First of all, what is Reckon ? Oxford dictionary define Reckon as 'calculate'

Quran 22:47
'And they ask you to hasten on the toment ! And Allah fails not His promise. And verily, a day with your Lord is as a thousand years of what you reckon'

note: 'of what you reckon' meaning of what man calculate

Quran 32:5
'He manages and regulates affairs from the heavens to the earth, then it affair will go up to Him, in One Day, the space whereof is a thousand years of your reckoning'

note: 'thousand years of your reckoning' meaning thousand years of our (mankind) calculation.

Quran 70:4
'The Angels and Ruh (Angel Gabriel) ascend to Him in a Day the measure whereof is fifty thousand years'

note: This verse never point to man or mention man's reckon i.e calculation but instead Allah is telling us the rapid speed the angels ascend to Him that if measured it will be equivalent to fifty years and thats how God made it for them to be super fast.
Re: The Numerical Contradictions In The Quran by Backslider by littleb(m): 10:58pm On Jul 27, 2009
@posters
This issue has been discussed in one thread before. Can someone please search and ref it to backslider.

(1) (2) (Reply)

"The Three Greatest Liars" / Less Than 60 Days To Ramadan. Sisters, Have You Paid Your Missed Fast? / Kindness To Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.