Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

272 Firms Shut Down In One Year – MAN - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 272 Firms Shut Down In One Year – MAN (15315 Views)

272 Firms Shut Down In One Year – MAN / Recession: 196 Firms Shut Down In 2 Years / 272 Firms Shut Down In One Year – MAN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 272 Firms Shut Down In One Year – MAN by ozoemenaca: 9:18am On Aug 24, 2016
Its unfortunate that we had this kind of leadership that does not know what it takes to grow an economy in this century, when you talk they would start blaming GEJ and PDP as if GEJ asked them to introduce all these their nonsense policies. Virtually all companies in Nigeria cannot conveniently pay salary at this time including where Zombies are working but they would still stand on top of roof giving support to APC
Re: 272 Firms Shut Down In One Year – MAN by Ahmeduana(m): 9:20am On Aug 24, 2016
GeeOh:
just wondering how Indians and Chinese succeed in business in our own country but yet we complain no light,no road,even no customer,am not supporting the govt but wish we could do better than them,also o don't like the way they threat our people in the name of offering them jobs
THOSE TWO COUNTRIES YOU MENTIONED, EVERYTHING ABOUT THEM ARE SUBSTANDARD, AND IT HAPPENS THAT THEY UNDERSTAND AVERAGE NIGERIAN MENTALITY THAT A TYPICAL NIGERIAN WILL RATHER BUY A CHEAP PRODUCT THAT WILL SPOIL WITHIN YEAR THAN TO BUY A COST BUT QUALITY PRODUCT THAT WILL STILL BE USABLE IN NEXT TWO DECADES

1 Like

Re: 272 Firms Shut Down In One Year – MAN by Guliver(m): 9:41am On Aug 24, 2016
excel101:
please tell me about FTP, what's all about?
I heard DAT seun pays for FTC,DAT y I keep vigil to b ftc
Re: 272 Firms Shut Down In One Year – MAN by ibadanfinest(m): 9:45am On Aug 24, 2016
Omooba77:

Please go and read your Economics and check why we have Internatioonal trade, country maximise her strength on what she has comparative advantage and import what she does not have. Please tell me our advantage sir?

You are giving it a wrong interpretation sir. Yes every country should specialize on the goods he has the least opportunity cost. This means you get to produce it locally, source for your raw material locally.
What international trade advocates is for exchange of finished goods not exchange of raw materials.

Buhari has disappointed his biggest fan so far but we are also part of the problem. how can we be importing palm oil. These are things we have capacity to be exporting.
Buhari though is a pblm but he isn't the only one. Imagine we are importing red oil. nawa o
Re: 272 Firms Shut Down In One Year – MAN by ibadanfinest(m): 9:51am On Aug 24, 2016
MrGerald:
and you think you can source all the materials needed for manufacturing locally? if you don't create a good avenue for manufacturers time will come when some essential products in this country will go into extinction

Sometimes I find it difficult not to insult. The govt did not ban all raw materials. The govt banned those raw material that can be produced locally. I don't have to go to skul to know that
Re: 272 Firms Shut Down In One Year – MAN by Omooba77: 10:02am On Aug 24, 2016
ibadanfinest:

You are giving it a wrong interpretation sir. Yes every country should specialize on the goods he has the least opportunity cost. This means you get to produce it locally, source for your raw material locally.
What international trade advocates is for exchange of finished goods not exchange of raw materials.

Buhari has disappointed his biggest fan so far but we are also part of the problem. how can we be importing palm oil. These are things we have capacity to be exporting.
Buhari though is a pblm but he isn't the only one. Imagine we are importing red oil. nawa o

We can never import palm oil, except the one taken to Benin Republic and brought back
Re: 272 Firms Shut Down In One Year – MAN by ibadanfinest(m): 10:04am On Aug 24, 2016
blackmantis:

The price of palm oil has skyrocketed locally.

Even if you invest immediately, it will still take years to grow a palm tree. While waiting for the palm tree to mature and start fruiting.
Will producers of oil based products like soap fold their hands and wait?

All these sudden changes and inconsistent Forex policy is killing businesses.

Imagine a company depending on oil and cannot do a backward linkage of a thing. The likes of Pz cusson that depend on palm oil should by now have a plantation. Even chivita has a farm on Lagos/ibadan express way.

The pblm isn't just the govt jare, we self follow join. Buhari though hasn't perform as expected
Re: 272 Firms Shut Down In One Year – MAN by ibadanfinest(m): 10:05am On Aug 24, 2016
Omooba77:

We can never import palm oil, except the one taken to Benin Republic and brought back

Now its obvious you didn't read d article.
Re: 272 Firms Shut Down In One Year – MAN by Nobody: 10:08am On Aug 24, 2016
cool Na dem !

Re: 272 Firms Shut Down In One Year – MAN by MamaletASO: 10:21am On Aug 24, 2016
List them Please..

Always back your rumour with FACTS..

Okay grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 272 Firms Shut Down In One Year – MAN by Akpan107(m): 10:28am On Aug 24, 2016
free2ryhme:
272 firm shutdown in one year.

APC has killed the Nigerian economy ooo
I use to call APC a disaster!
Re: 272 Firms Shut Down In One Year – MAN by Nobody: 10:40am On Aug 24, 2016
theophorus:
272 Ghost manufacturing Firms.

When you manufacture from scratch you don't really have to deal with forex problem but when you import and repackage then you are in for it.

and please we would like to have a list of the Firms, their product and staff strength.

#Thanks.

You're obviously a 100Level student who has no idea of how the manufacturing sector works. Watch the show call 'How it's made' on DsTV (Channel 121) and you'll see that a lot of industries in developed countries still import a lot of input raw materials from other countries.

Besides, you cannot manufacture EVERYTHING you need.
Re: 272 Firms Shut Down In One Year – MAN by Akpan107(m): 10:47am On Aug 24, 2016
Deen77:

Why is no saving for Survival (see below) and debt of over $40 billion by Jonathan.
APC is a disaster and a useless political party. during Obasanjo regime, a litre of crude oil was less than 20 dollars and things were not this bad. under Buhari, a litre of crude oil is morethan 50 dollars and he hardly even pay salary. Buhari has not constructed even a 100 half km of road talkless of 1km.
confused government!
Re: 272 Firms Shut Down In One Year – MAN by neocortex: 10:52am On Aug 24, 2016
GeeOh:
just wondering how [b]Indians and Chinese succeed in business [/b]in our own country but yet we complain no light,no road,even no customer,am not supporting the govt but wish we could do better than them,also o don't like the way they threat our people in the name of offering them jobs

Because they enslave their workers.

1 Like

Re: 272 Firms Shut Down In One Year – MAN by Nobody: 11:47am On Aug 24, 2016
GeeOh:
just wondering how Indians and Chinese succeed in business in our own country but yet we complain no light,no road,even no customer,am not supporting the govt but wish we could do better than them,also o don't like the way they threat our people in the name of offering them jobs
They see what we don't see, to them Nigeria is a land filled with milk and honey, we don't see it but they do clearly see it and they are milking it well.

Indians and Lebanese are one group of people that understand the fact that an average Nigerian youth is lazy, yes you heard me well lazy, and they know how to bring out the hardwork in us. But unfortunately in the process they add insult to it.

2 Likes

Re: 272 Firms Shut Down In One Year – MAN by Omooba77: 11:47am On Aug 24, 2016
og2711:

You're obviously a 100Level student who has no idea of how the manufacturing sector works. Watch the show call 'How it's made' on DsTV (Channel 121) and you'll see that a lot of industries in developed countries still import a lot of input raw materials from other countries.

Besides, you cannot manufacture EVERYTHING you need.

Thanks for this explanation....Many products are not 100% indegeneous. He should read more about Industrialisation and watch more of documentries channels Dstv 121

1 Like

Re: 272 Firms Shut Down In One Year – MAN by RichyRodman(m): 11:58am On Aug 24, 2016
No raw materials he has banned imports no refinery working he has stopped subsidy payments No loans to farmers yet he banned Importation of Rice,5,000 bankers have lost their jobs in 1 year 200,000 company workers have lost their jobs too price of fuel diesel and kerosene has doubled to further impoverished the people yet he doesn't care! Price of all food stuffs in the market are out of reach of the poor yet he doesn't care,Industries are closing down the dollar is now N400 first in Nigeria's history Muslims are killing Christians everyday yet he looks the other way! Is this not a sign of a wicked heartless Man? He abandoned the Economy and focused on corruption I ask what he has achieved so far? Even the ministers are confused to say the least, Tinubu that fought to put him in power is now disappointed.
We were all here when the people cried to God on Abacha and God answered our prayers the people are crying again in prayers and I believe the God we serve,something will happen before 2019 if not I doubt if he will get 1 single vote for a 2nd term in office because the people are disappointed in the change mantra
Re: 272 Firms Shut Down In One Year – MAN by Yyeske(m): 12:02pm On Aug 24, 2016
sammhi:

...Last administration didn't restructure or save enough "
Really? How much saving would have been enough for you?
We are talking of policies, u are talking of saving ..
Are u not tired or ashamed of these blames ?
How much did OBj met as savings ? How
Much was the price of crude in 1999 when obj took over ?
PmB has a problem , same thing he did in 1984 and was booted out. IBB took over and all those excuses melted away and the country had a bearing.
I think a repeat of 1985 is needed urgently
What was the value of imports in 1999 and 2015?If we are to spend our foreign reserves just like yesteryears, we would be left with nothing before year end. Don't tell me you pray for a repeat of SAP.
Tell me how the last administration restructured and saved more and why our foreign reserve was depleted despite oil price at all time high.
Tell me any other thing or policies that can be adopted presently when net flow of dollars into government coffers is negative
Re: 272 Firms Shut Down In One Year – MAN by Myself2(m): 12:35pm On Aug 24, 2016
Guliver:
so am FTC.after yrs on nairaland.run like yekini into the net,hold the net, tearing the net,yea I made t.oya seun I need my bank alert quickly.
The height of idiocy
Re: 272 Firms Shut Down In One Year – MAN by Nobody: 2:46pm On Aug 24, 2016
Demonic change @ work!
Re: 272 Firms Shut Down In One Year – MAN by maazikc: 3:53pm On Aug 24, 2016
ok
Re: 272 Firms Shut Down In One Year – MAN by MrGerald(m): 9:21pm On Aug 24, 2016
ibadanfinest:

Sometimes I find it difficult not to insult. The govt did not ban all raw materials. The govt banned those raw material that can be produced locally. I don't have to go to skul to know that
But you know most of the items are actually not raw materials but intermediate goods for production, and as they stated Nigeria don't have the capacity yet to produce them locally, this should be a long term plan you can't keep on bringing parallel policy that keep on contradicting each other at no equilibrium
Re: 272 Firms Shut Down In One Year – MAN by UncleSnr(m): 9:36am On Aug 25, 2016
theophorus:

Guy! Did I insult anyone? Have you seen me refer to anyone as wailer or zombie?
Please don't bring me into your political E-fight.
Your comment portrayed you as one. I am Sorry.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Will Nigerian Banks Ever Start Issuing Credit Cards? / How Can I Start Cold Room (frozen Fish) Biz In Nigeria / Why You Should Maintain Loyalty With One Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.