Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,101 members, 7,825,484 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

Leadocracy & The Youth - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Leadocracy & The Youth (307 Views)

The Youth Summit For The Southwest Region Debuts In October. / The Problem With Nigeria Is The Youth / Let The Youth Obey The Clarion Call (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Leadocracy & The Youth by Geezyayo(m): 6:34am On Aug 24, 2016
LEADOCRACY & THE YOUTH

Firstly, i must put paid to the popular notion that our dear nation practices democracy lest I want to fall prey to the evil machinations of the devilish beasts. The truth is the most appropriate definition of our system of government is that of a tribal-ethnic oligarchically centralized form of government by way of who benefits or gets to have a bite of the national cake which for the sake of this piece I'll regard as leadocracy. This leads to the very natural question what is leadocracy ?. "Leadocracy as proposed by yours truly is the government of the leaders by the leaders for the leaders ". A youth on the other hand according to the Nigerian constitution is categorized as a person between the age of 18 - 35 years. This piece seeks to explore the disconnect between this phenomenon ( leadocracy ) and its relative contributions to the status quo of the youth which by all means is not so good, unfair and unjust.

In a country where the youths are vastly unemployed, the government ineffectual, even the political structure of the nation by any and every means is not favorable to the so called youth. I believe it is time for us the youth to start asking questions. Imagine, a situation where in a country made up of a population of more than 170 million people, 60 % of which are youths giving a total of about 120 million having no single representative in the National Assembly, House of representatives, or Federal executive council.
The only notable post being held by anyone who classifies as a youth is held by 24 year-old Bashir Ahmad the Personal Assistant on new media to President Buhari. In fact, the youngest of the 36 ministers is Alhaji Abubakar Malami , SAN (Minister of Justice) who is 48 years old as at the time of appointment.
The above facts and figures clearly indicates that the typical Nigerian youth is evidently schemed out and marginalized in government as rarely does anybody who qualifies as a youth has the opportunity to hold office or have that opportunity to have a fair bite of the national cake. Presumably the national cake this days is for the old, corruptly shameless, selfish few who have set out to hoard power and have a marriage of sort with power till death do they part. Never the less even after death they only pass the baton to their kin and only once in a while will the lucky few or a loyal subject either through consent of the master or otherwise gets to also have a go at the national cake at the end of the day it's all a cycle of power which if not broken will only bring our nation to ruin as it's the very cancer eating deep into the national fabric of our nation.

How is it that the youth despite the high population have been unable to get their acts together is it their fault ? or is it just the wish of the older generation coming into play? Will we continue treading on this inglorious and dangerous path?. Those questions is for us to answer as individuals not just via our words but with actions.
It's time for the Nigerian youth to stand up for with all my might I dare say ti's thy birthright and sole mission to liberate this once great nation from the shackles of impunity, injustice, corruption & all ethno-religious crisis. A word i believe is enough for the wise and for the fools wasting their time on frivolities the Lord is your strength.
I submit !!!
© I am Aluko-olokun Ayomide ( Geezy ).

Visit http://labadyginger..com/2016/08/leadocracy-youths.html?m=1 to read other posts by the writer.

(1) (Reply)

Handbill Distubution Using Roller Skaters / Website And Blog Money / Editors Needed !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.