Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,246 members, 7,836,171 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:56 PM

The Worst Marketing Method - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Worst Marketing Method (396 Views)

Categories Of People That Will Be The Worst Hit By Recession In 2017 / Easiest Method Of Making Cool Cash From Bitcoin (part 1) / Which Nigeria Bank Has The Worst Customers Service? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Worst Marketing Method by ItuExchange(m): 9:30am On Aug 24, 2016
What is the most aggressive sales tactic you've ever seen?

I was out buying furniture. I wanted a bed and a couch.

So I go to the furniture store. A young dude greets me, points out the major sections of the store, gives me his card, tells me he'll be here if I needs him.

Super helpful, not annoying, to the point, so far so good.

So I start looking at couches.

After a couple minutes, in swoops the store manager like a starving vulture.

He greets me with a weird handshake and asks some weird questions. I can tell almost instantly that he's read "How to Make Friends and Influence People" and probably some other sales playbook and is playing to that shtick like a marionette.

He just will not leave me alone and let me shop. I tried to give as many hints as possible. I tried not responding, etc. He just kept talking about the higher priced models and kept showing every little feature. It was dreadful.

But the one thing I remember is that he used my name in such a creepy, textbook way. He sounded too enthused, and kept using it as if I was a dog that would prick up its ears as soon as it heard its name.

"Carlos, check out this couch. Look at how it folds."

"Hey Carlos, I think you're really gonna like this mattress!"

Dude. Just stop. I don't want to have sex with your couch.

I think David Mitchell summed it up best in one of his sketches:

"The way you keep using my name in a way that makes me feel oddly violated; as if you'd just dipped your cock in my drink."

I left as soon as I could and bought my stuff at the place right next door.

Source: https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-most-aggressive-sales-tactic-youve-ever-seen

Neteller here: www..com.ng
Re: The Worst Marketing Method by anngrant: 5:58pm On Aug 26, 2016
Thanks for sharing this info! Now I know how I should not market my product. In my opinion, marketing is a very sensitive matter. When it comes to marketing, I prefer using the professional help provided by http://thecmoclub.com/ . They work great for me!

(1) (Reply)

Discover The Secret Of How To Earn Amazing Income From Writing Articles / Tiles Start Up Business / The Newly Renovated Shoprite And It Enviroment In Festac Town, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.