Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,272 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

Congregetional Dua After Salat, Good Or Bad - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Congregetional Dua After Salat, Good Or Bad (13834 Views)

Best! Best Time For Making (dua) Prayer. / The Issue Of Shortening Salah (salat-ul Qasr) During NYSC Camp / Muslim Divers Observing Salat(prayer) Under The Sea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Congregetional Dua After Salat, Good Or Bad by Empiree: 1:10am On Sep 10, 2016
This is bid'a right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Xt1TMzSk84

Over 2 million muslims every year at the holiest site commit bid'a right?. You people dont think. This video is definition of CONGREGATIONAL/GROUP/ASSEMBLIES OF UNISION DHIKR.

In this video you can see congregation making dhikr in UNISON. Whoever says this is bid'a as the sister rightly in the my video above, then those who are of the opinion have strayed from ijma of the ummah
Re: Congregetional Dua After Salat, Good Or Bad by salam8528: 4:43am On Sep 10, 2016
congregation dua is gud but d issues of our children not knowing how to pray means either we d parent r failing in our responsibilities or we did not take dem to d ryt islamiyas to learn. back to d issues of d dua, som strong supporters of salatul fati contributes to people not wanting to make congregation dua after prayer. where I come from u will hear sim1 saying Allah should grant our prayer because of so and so sheyi is it suppose to b so?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Congregetional Dua After Salat, Good Or Bad by mfm04622: 5:49am On Sep 10, 2016
Empiree:
Okay, good. Money is mentioned in the Qur'an and Sunnah. Since you are upon "Qur'an and Sunnah" and anything outside of that is bid'ah or haram. Now, Money given by Allah (swt) and His messanger(saw) is Dinar and Durham (i:e Gold dinar & Silver Durham). Why are you spending paper money?.

If you want evidence for what i just said, i will provide it at your request. But do me a favor, dont tell me that's "old money" or it is worldly matter.

It is worldly matter! Not religious. Innovation is very welcome in worldly matter but the way Allah want to be worshipped has been laid down and examples shown to us through the Prophet. In the mosque I use in Lagos, they hammer on the fact that the longer on stay in the mosque both before and after prayers, the more the reward. Also that Allah is not happy with whoever just offer salat without asking for his needs from Allah. May Allah guide us.

1 Like

Re: Congregetional Dua After Salat, Good Or Bad by mfm04622: 5:59am On Sep 10, 2016
Empiree:
This is bid'a right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Xt1TMzSk84

Over 2 million muslims every year at the holiest site commit bid'a right?. You people dont think. This video is definition of CONGREGATIONAL/GROUP/ASSEMBLIES OF UNISION DHIKR.

In this video you can see congregation making dhikr in UNISON. Whoever says this is bid'a as the sister rightly in the my video above, then those who are of the opinion have strayed from ijma of the ummah

In Islam, we should worship the way set by Allah and his Prophet. During Hajj, saying Labaik aloud an email unison is th correct way. That I not so after prayers. The circumstances are not the same!
Re: Congregetional Dua After Salat, Good Or Bad by Nobody: 6:01am On Sep 10, 2016
mfm04622:

In Islam, we should worship the way set by Allah and his Prophet. During Hajj, saying Labaik aloud an email unison is the correct way. That I not so after prayers. The circumstances are not the same!

Your proof for the underlined?
Re: Congregetional Dua After Salat, Good Or Bad by Nobody: 6:06am On Sep 10, 2016
Because as far as i know the words of Anas (may Allaah be pleased with him): “We did Hajj with the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and some of us were reciting takbeer (‘Allaahu akbar’) and some of us were reciting tahleel (‘La ilaaha ill-Allaah’)” Indicate that they did not recite the Talbiyah in unison. If they had been reciting the Talbiyah in unison then they would all have been reciting tahleel or takbeer, but some of them were reciting takbeer and some of them were reciting tahleel, but each of them was remembering his Lord according to his situation.

1 Like

Re: Congregetional Dua After Salat, Good Or Bad by Nobody: 7:37am On Sep 10, 2016
When people perform hajj or umrah, they are reciting on their own NOT in unison (pausing at the same time etc). The video wasn't showing what actual hajj or umrah is. It only showed pictures and inserted an audio.
Re: Congregetional Dua After Salat, Good Or Bad by Nobody: 7:39am On Sep 10, 2016
Contact17:
When people perform hajj or umrah, they are reciting on their own NOT in unison (pausing at the same time etc). The video wasn't showing what actual hajj or umrah is. It only showed pictures and inserted an audio.

Oh! I didnt even watch it.
Re: Congregetional Dua After Salat, Good Or Bad by Nobody: 7:54am On Sep 10, 2016
@lexiconkabir

During the real umrah, people are doing different things. For example,there will be people the starting their tawaf, people in the middle of their tawaf and people ending theirs. The men recite loudly hence they might be saying the same thing at the same time but each one is reciting on his own and not in unison.

3 Likes

Re: Congregetional Dua After Salat, Good Or Bad by Nobody: 8:01am On Sep 10, 2016
I see....
Re: Congregetional Dua After Salat, Good Or Bad by Bnladan(m): 8:18am On Sep 10, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Lol, he claims he was once a salafi but dumped it after four years.

Dan Darika ne original
Re: Congregetional Dua After Salat, Good Or Bad by Nobody: 8:36am On Sep 10, 2016
Bnladan:

Dan Darika ne original

Lol, gaskiya ne.
Re: Congregetional Dua After Salat, Good Or Bad by distinguished1(m): 10:45am On Sep 10, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Lol, gaskiya ne.
Guidance is a privilege. Let's just hope people understand.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Congregetional Dua After Salat, Good Or Bad by Nobody: 10:48am On Sep 10, 2016
distinguished1:

Guidance is a privilege. Let's just hope people understand.

Haqq! Hadaanallaah!

1 Like

Re: Congregetional Dua After Salat, Good Or Bad by distinguished1(m): 10:53am On Sep 10, 2016
@Empiree

You are mixing things up.
You are drifting from the original question. From Solah, you're delving into Hajj.

Now let's both go back to Hajj. We both watch Khamsu Swalawaat from the Holy Masaajid.
Can you please recall if you notice them making congregation Azkar after Solah?

We want to live our lives to international standards, but when it comes to Islam, we'll be talking fore-fathers. Haba!

1 Like

Re: Congregetional Dua After Salat, Good Or Bad by Empiree: 11:27am On Sep 10, 2016
distinguished1:
@Em.piree

You are mixing things up.
You are drifting from the original question. From Solah, you're delving into Hajj.

Now let's both go back to Hajj. We both watch Khamsu Swalawaat from the Holy Masaajid.
Can you please recall if you notice them making congregation Azkar after Solah?

We want to live our lives to international standards, but when it comes to Islam, we'll be talking fore-fathers. Haba!
If it is valid at hajj, it is valid anytime. That's dalil. If Saudi dont do it after their daily salat, that's them. They have history of that bcus of Ibn Abdul Wahab who forbids it. Besides, after salat at Kaaba, yes, those who sit are making dhikr or dua. As for Hajj group dhikr i posted, watch the video i posted, the sister said it is bid'a that they do talbiya. Do you agree with her?. Obviously you are all deceiving yourselves. Eid at the local level, we make group dhikr before salat as well. No scholars said it is bid'a to make congregational du'a after salat except few. They only said it should be limited contrary to what you people are promoting here.

Anyways, the sister up there said it is bid'a for making loud dhikr at Ka'aba as done yearly.
Re: Congregetional Dua After Salat, Good Or Bad by Empiree: 11:28am On Sep 10, 2016
mfm04622:

In Islam, we should worship the way set by Allah and his Prophet. During Hajj, saying Labaik aloud an email unison is th correct way. That I not so after prayers. The circumstances are not the same!
They said that's bid'a too
Re: Congregetional Dua After Salat, Good Or Bad by Empiree: 11:36am On Sep 10, 2016
mfm04622:

It is worldly matter! Not religious. Innovation is very welcome in worldly matter but the way Allah want to be worshipped has been laid down and examples shown to us through the Prophet. In the mosque I use in Lagos, they hammer on the fact that the longer on stay in the mosque both before and after prayers, the more the reward. Also that Allah is not happy with whoever just offer salat without asking for his needs from Allah. May Allah guide us.
I dont have problem if you say it is worldly matter. You know how serious it is now if it is merely worldly matter, is the reason Nigerian money got messed up. You dont understand. It is connected with riba. It is not just worldly matter. it is more than that.

See, you people are confusing me. The bolded part, what are they doing, just sitting in the masjid?

But what these brothers are promoting is the opposite. Are they just siting before and after salat and doing nothing or making dhikr?. There is no hadith that forbids making congregational dua except one. That ONLY hadith says prophet(saw) limited congregational dua after salat. He did not say it is bid'a. It did not say it is not allowed. You people said it is bid'a
Re: Congregetional Dua After Salat, Good Or Bad by Empiree: 11:44am On Sep 10, 2016
Contact17:
Okay then, click on my signature when hajj start and watch. Do you think everybody at hajj know the phrase?. Some dont know. They are either sponsored or fund themselves doesnt mean they have knowledge. They listen to others that day. So you are also saying indirectly it is bid'a exactly what the sister said in the video. But a brother up there disagree. You may need to watch the video. it is 40 mins i think. You are deceiving yourselves.
Re: Congregetional Dua After Salat, Good Or Bad by Nobody: 11:57am On Sep 10, 2016
Empiree:
Okay then, click on my signature when hajj start and watch. Do you think everybody at hajj know the phrase?. Some dont know. They are either sponsored or fund themselves doesnt mean they have knowledge. They listen to others that day. So you are also saying indirectly it is bid'a exactly what the sister said in the video. But a brother up there disagree. You may need to watch the video. it is 40 mins i think. You are deceiving yourselves.

You are deviating from the point. Who spends money for hajj or umrah and doesn't prepare for it? How does that relate with the topic?

@ bolded please read and comprehend my post before mentioning me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Congregetional Dua After Salat, Good Or Bad by Nobody: 12:06pm On Sep 10, 2016
Is dua an act of worship? Yes

Did Allah send his messenger ( peace and blessing be upon him) to teach us how to worship him correctly? Yes

Is Islam complete (including all acts and ways of worship)? Yes

Is there anyone who is more keen to perform acts of worship and please Allah, than the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessing be upon him)? No

Can people introduce new ways of worship that was not done during the time of the Prophet (peace and blessing be upon him)? No

Is it bidah to introduce new acts and ways of worshiping Allah that he himself didn't prescribe? Yes

Does Allah accept innovations in his religion? No

Should we accept it? No

Case closed.
Re: Congregetional Dua After Salat, Good Or Bad by HAH: 12:24pm On Sep 10, 2016
Contact17:

You are deviating from the point. Who spends money for hajj or umrah and doesn't prepare for it? How does that relate with the topic?

@ bolded please read and comprehend my post before mentioning me.

My sister I have seen many both at Hajj and umra that don't know anything about the rites, even the talbiya they learn it because it is done in unison
Re: Congregetional Dua After Salat, Good Or Bad by Empiree: 12:26pm On Sep 10, 2016
Contact17

What you typed up there doesnt really address issue. It is a general rule. There is obligatory worship and voluntary one. In obligatory worship like salat, ramadan etc, we do them EXACTLY as prescribed. No questions asked. These are rigid. We can not do otherwise. We can not interpolate anything therein.

For voluntary acts, this is flexible within Shari'a. Anyting you do MUST be within Shari'a. It is up to individual's capacity. This is naflat. Naflat are not just 2 rakat you make. Naflat are everything you do voluntarily. That's sadaqat, set of du'as, qiyam layl, dhkr etc. That's called naflat. These are not timing except for forbidden time you not supposed to pray. Islam allows for flexibility in this regard. It is not rigid at all as you people portray. It is from this one Allah will use to rectify mistakes you make in your obligatory duties.

Stop comparing yourself with Saudis. They can be lazy people. They are rich. They only enjoy Salat of nabi Ibrahim(as). Go and read ahadith about them. They are lazy people.
Re: Congregetional Dua After Salat, Good Or Bad by Empiree: 12:29pm On Sep 10, 2016
HAH:

My sister I have seen many both at Hajj and umra that don't know anything about the rites, even the talbiya they learn it because it is done in unison
You dey mind her grin

A brother on NL sent me video on whatsapp showing Nigerian hajjis dancing fuji grin grin grin while in their Umra attires. Them no no pooo poooo
Re: Congregetional Dua After Salat, Good Or Bad by Empiree: 12:35pm On Sep 10, 2016
I remember this issue created problems in the time of Sheik Adam ilory(ra) and Sheik Ashile(ra). They confronted Saudi Ulama back then for waging endless war on dhikr. Now their trained students are hell bent doing the same.

Imaging if you people condemning everything now lived in the 80s and 90s, you most likely would be Christians by now if those shuyuk were to adopt your manhaj. Those days, there were lots of Christians every where despite efforts by our shuyuk like Sheik Adam(ra). Go and read his autobiography how Ansardin, Anwardin, Nasfat etc came about. They emerged after Sheik Adam made dua before he passed. It was said that after his struggles for islam in Yorubaland, it was like Islam was sitting on dust. It was also at that time Western govt funded Christians in nigeria.

If manhaj you people are using was to be adopted back then, islam would be gone. You wont be here today with little knowledge you type on the internet. Sheik Adam lamented and prayed hard for islam to flourish on Yorubaland. His prayers were answered not too long after he died. It was after that all these muslim organisations emerged with dhikr, asalatu and all types of programs. But you are here today condemning what these people worked for. smh.

You dont have anything except daily salat. Everything else you condemned.

1 Like

Re: Congregetional Dua After Salat, Good Or Bad by Nobody: 12:49pm On Sep 10, 2016
HAH:

What do you understand by reciting in unision?
Re: Congregetional Dua After Salat, Good Or Bad by Empiree: 12:55pm On Sep 10, 2016
Contact17:

What do you understand by reciting in unision?
The first 30 seconds in this clip is UNISON CONGREGATIONAL DHIKR. Stop deceiving yourself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BjkbCTa8fU

This is NYC
Re: Congregetional Dua After Salat, Good Or Bad by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 1:02pm On Sep 10, 2016
Empiree:
Yea, it is very scary now with the way they telling people not to do this or that. People need to return to Allah's path. These modern Muslims are only reading texts. They only believe in what they see.

Alhamdulilah, we still have some masajid practicing Islam the old way. The way our fathers and mothers would come to the masjid at least 30mins before fajr commenced and sat down to make dhikr.

A lot have changed now man.

We still practice that in my mosque. When I was in school we do zikhr before subuhi. Left to me congregational prayer is good.

1 Like

Re: Congregetional Dua After Salat, Good Or Bad by distinguished1(m): 8:31pm On Sep 10, 2016
Empiree:
If it is valid at hajj, it is valid anytime. That's dalil. If Saudi dont do it after their daily salat, that's them. They have history of that bcus of Ibn Abdul Wahab who forbids it.

So, Solah had Sheikh Ibn Wahaab influence, but Hajj didn't right? SMH.

Please, permit me to withdraw from this discourse. I can't stand someone discrediting any Pious predecessor.
Re: Congregetional Dua After Salat, Good Or Bad by Empiree: 9:13pm On Sep 10, 2016
distinguished1:

So, Solah had Sheikh Ibn Wahaab influence, but Hajj didn't right? SMH.

Please, permit me to withdraw from this discourse. I can't stand someone discrediting any Pious predecessor.
I have no idea what you just said. I did not discredit anyone. It is a fact that he forbids congregational dhikr at fajr in his time. I know that. That's not discrediting him. You can read on that. I didnt make it up. This thread is not about him. I simply brought it up that Nigerians should not copy Saudi in this respect. He had his reason to ban it.
Re: Congregetional Dua After Salat, Good Or Bad by HAH: 1:20pm On Sep 11, 2016
Empiree:
I have no idea what you just said. I did not discredit anyone. It is a fact that he forbids congregational dhikr at fajr in his time. I know that. That's not discrediting him. You can read on that. I didnt make it up. This thread is not about him. I simply brought it up that Nigerians should not copy Saudi in this respect. He had his reason to ban it.

I want to know the reason why Darika people spread one white clothe when doing dhikr, it looks somehow to me because yes there are hadith that clearly say dhikr should be done but what about the white clothe used by Darika people?
Re: Congregetional Dua After Salat, Good Or Bad by Empiree: 4:56pm On Sep 11, 2016
HAH:

I want to know the reason why Darika people spread one white clothe when doing dhikr, it looks somehow to me because yes there are hadith that clearly say dhikr should be done but what about the white clothe used by Darika people?
To be honest with you. I dont belong to any toriqa or sect. What i learned about white sheet is, it is basically innocent idea. They just put it down for purity purposes. But that brings a question like isn't masjid already purified?. Is that what the sister was trying to ask me earlier?. I didnt understand her at all. I am here only defending ESSENCE of sufiyah or salafiya. That's all i deal with. I dont deal with specific group or individual.

It is the same like turning off light during dhikr. It is not bid'a and not necessarily sunnah either. It is to focus. Search for this Sheik on YouTube, Mufti Abdur Rahman ibn yusuf on tassawuf. I watched him a year ago on At-Tassawuf and he talked about it. I can't be looking for the video now. I believe it is 32mins long. Hope this helps

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is The Difference? / Noise Pollution, Loudspeakers and the Neighbor / Poetic Da'wah And Other Da'wahtic Writings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.