Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 (23082 Views)

Poll: Who Grabs The Three points?

Nigeria: 83% (20 votes)
Tahiti: 8% (2 votes)
Draw: 8% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

Spain Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (10 - 0) On 20th June 2013 / Echejile Disqualified As First Goal Scorer Against Tahiti / Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by honeric01(m): 9:03am On Oct 01, 2009
1. Italy 2 4
2. Paraguay 2 4
3. Egypt 2 3
4. Trinidad And Tobago 2 0

U20 WORLD CUP, GROUP B
Mat Pts
1. Spain 2 6
2. Venezuela 2 6
3. Nigeria 2 0
4. Tahiti 2 0

U20 WORLD CUP, GROUP C
Mat Pts
1. Germany 2 4
2. USA 2 3
3. Cameroon 2 3
4. South Korea 2 1

U20 WORLD CUP, GROUP D
Mat Pts
1. Ghana 2 6
2. Uruguay 2 6
3. Uzbekistan 2 0
4. England 2 0

U20 WORLD CUP, GROUP E
Mat Pts
1. Brazil 2 4
2. Czech Republic 2 4
3. Costa Rica 2 3
4. Australia 2 0

U20 WORLD CUP, GROUP F
Mat Pts
1. United Arab Emirates 2 4
2. Honduras 2 3
3. Hungary 2 3
4. South Africa 2 1
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by honeric01(m): 9:09am On Oct 01, 2009
with group D open, Nigeria is sure to qualify if we score at least 5 goals
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by Sagamite(m): 10:11am On Oct 01, 2009
OvieE:

Thank you for breaking it down. I already see it through that regardless what Nigeria do, they will not make it to round 16. We all have to face the fact. Most of these teams only need a draw and I know for sure they all will get it. Everytime when Nigeria lose a match, they come out and say we will do better the next match but thing kept getting worse. Both coach and players are just like our politicians. Only mouth they have with no action. Who can Nigeria play if they by mistake make it to round 16. Thank God that I did not waste my time watching those craps playing karat on the field. Am very happen with time different between US and Egypt. While they are playing the game there, I am always at work. No one should not put hope on this players and team and also do not put hope that Nigeria will qualify. It does not look good for them no matter how many goals they score. Your crappy airplane is waiting for you guys at the airport to take you back to your getho. They already know the outcome of teams that will make it to round 16 and NIGERIA IS NOT ONE OF THEM.

You know for sure all will get the draw?
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by Davedavy: 10:35am On Oct 01, 2009
F/Eagles vow to redeem image against Tahiti
By Mercy Jacob in Cairo

Just like wounded lions, the Flying Eagles have vow to stake their life and redeem their image in their match today against Tahiti after losing their first and second match in the group stage in the on-going World Youth Championship (WYC) in Egypt.
The Coach Samson Siasia led-team have not been able to record any goal since the start of the championship, have promise to spill their blood on the pitch and redeem their image and that of the coach.

Speaking to Daily Sunsport in Cairo, Hesinborg of Sweden player, Yakubu Alpha and Uche Okafor, the Kaduna United FC keeper whose mistake led to the first Spanish goal in Flying Eagles’ match on Monday says they are set to correct their past mistake.

“It is difficult to explain what is actually wrong with us, and is unfortunate that things are not working as planed. We know we have brought disgrace to our country, but we are bent on correcting it in our match against Tahiti to ensure we redeem our image and that of the coach which was highly rated before now.

“We have overcome the shock of the last two matches and the spirit on camp is high we are determine to go all out to right all we have gotten wrong and ensure we win our match convincingly and wait for all the losers probably we might be among the best losers.

“We came to Egypt with a mission of bringing the trophy back to Nigeria. Though we have not won any match, we believe it is still possible that is why we want to play our match with Tahiti like wounded lions and ensure we get that three points and wait for out come of other results. All we are pleading to Nigerians to still be patient with us may be that is the process God wants us to go through before getting to the finals

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/sports/2009/oct/01/sports-01-10-2009-001.htm
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by rugxy(m): 10:36am On Oct 01, 2009
why do we all disturb ourselves becos of those boys,its their,if they like make dem win, if they like make dem lose,they no go give me anything.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by chidyke77(m): 11:06am On Oct 01, 2009
Spain beat dem 8nil and venezuelans did d sem. Do u think we cn do d sem?absolutely no.
These boys are nt going to qualify cos we dnt hav gud finishers,our strikers are poor in shooting.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by adebayo201: 11:15am On Oct 01, 2009
Independence gift 4 9jaz hehehe.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by FBS: 11:16am On Oct 01, 2009
Davedavy:

F/Eagles vow to redeem image against Tahiti
By Mercy Jacob in Cairo

Just like wounded lions, the Flying Eagles have vow to stake their life and redeem their image in their match today against Tahiti after losing their first and second match in the group stage in the on-going World Youth Championship (WYC) in Egypt.
The Coach Samson Siasia led-team have not been able to record any goal since the start of the championship, have promise to spill their blood on the pitch and redeem their image and that of the coach.

Speaking to Daily Sunsport in Cairo, Hesinborg of Sweden player, Yakubu Alpha and Uche Okafor, the Kaduna United FC keeper whose mistake led to the first Spanish goal in Flying Eagles’ match on Monday says they are set to correct their past mistake.

“It is difficult to explain what is actually wrong with us, and is unfortunate that things are not working as planed. We know we have brought disgrace to our country, but we are bent on correcting it in our match against Tahiti to ensure we redeem our image and that of the coach which was highly rated before now.

“We have overcome the shock of the last two matches and the spirit on camp is high we are determine to go all out to right all we have gotten wrong and ensure we win our match convincingly and wait for all the losers probably we might be among the best losers.

“We came to Egypt with a mission of bringing the trophy back to Nigeria. Though we have not won any match, we believe it is still possible that is why we want to play our match with Tahiti like wounded lions and ensure we get that three points and wait for out come of other results. All we are pleading to Nigerians to still be patient with us may be that is the process God wants us to go through before getting to the finals

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/sports/2009/oct/01/sports-01-10-2009-001.htm

For real? Was it the keeper's fault or the defenders trying to play the offside trap? undecided
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by Sagamite(m): 11:21am On Oct 01, 2009
FBS:

For real? Was it the keeper's fault or the defenders trying to play the offside trap? undecided

He should have stayed in goal as the defenders were fast enough to catch up with the striker.

If he had stayed close to his goal and the striker took a shot and it entered, then it would have not been his fault.

But because he came out and got lobbed, it was his fault.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by FBS: 11:45am On Oct 01, 2009
My bad but I refuse to accept.
Are we now to say that the defenders had no fault in this?
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by jalether(m): 11:46am On Oct 01, 2009
Happy Independence to you all cool

If Nigeria fail to beat a lowly rated Tahiti side then it is safe to conclude this is the worst u-21 Nigerian side ever
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by Nobody: 11:50am On Oct 01, 2009
List of 16 qualifiers:

Group A: Italy,Paraguay and Egypt (italy and egypt will play to a draw in final game;and paraguay will beat trinidad7 tobago)

Group B:Spain,Venezuela and Nigeria (spain will beat venezuela while Nigeria beat Tahiti 6-1.)

Group C:Germany,USA and Cameroun (germany will beat cameroon and korea draw with USA;but goal difference will help cameroon qualify)

Group D:Ghana and Uruguay (ghana and uruguay will play out a 1-1 draw and england beat uzbekistan 2-0 but their goals conceeded will make them to miss out on last 16)

Group E:Brazil and Czech R (brazil will beat australia and Czech will beat costa rica

Group F: Honduras,UAE and Hungary
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by MUNEER2(m): 12:08pm On Oct 01, 2009
Let's keep our fingers crossed grin

quote author=MrPrsdent link=topic=330832.msg4646031#msg4646031 date=1254394236]
List of 16 qualifiers:

Group A: Italy,Paraguay and Egypt (italy and egypt will play to a draw in final game;and paraguay will beat trinidad7 tobago)

Group B:Spain,Venezuela and Nigeria (spain will beat venezuela while Nigeria beat Tahiti 6-1.)

Group C:Germany,USA and Cameroun (germany will beat cameroon and korea draw with USA;but goal difference will help cameroon qualify)

Group D:Ghana and Uruguay (ghana and uruguay will play out a 1-1 draw and england beat uzbekistan 2-0 but their goals conceeded will make them to miss out on last 16)

Group E:Brazil and Czech R (brazil will beat australia and Czech will beat costa rica

[quote][/quote]

I just hope u ain't dreaming
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by Sagamite(m): 12:19pm On Oct 01, 2009
FBS:

My bad but I refuse to accept.
Are we now to say that the defenders had no fault in this?

The defenders might have some faults but the goalkeeper excabated the situation, when control was apparently being regained. Hence the keeper taking shoulder of responsibility for most of the faults.

If he had not excabated it and a goal was scored, then the blame would have solely lied with the defenders and possibly midfielders.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by otokx(m): 12:26pm On Oct 01, 2009
I actually want Nigeria to loose but unfortunately they will win this one.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by zenus(m): 12:32pm On Oct 01, 2009
let's reserve our commet
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by Davedavy: 12:34pm On Oct 01, 2009
MrPrsdent:

List of 16 qualifiers:

Na for dream you see all these or you be sooth sayer??
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by FBS: 1:07pm On Oct 01, 2009
Just thinking loud. . .why are matches in group B played before group A? cool smiley
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by emmydee(m): 1:13pm On Oct 01, 2009
Nigerians, u guys are always ready to accept anything no matter how low.
Now u guys are hoping to qualify based on d best unqualified team, after that, what's next?
You now gain strength abi?

Ok o. better start dreaming of leaving Egypt pls.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by mckaycee(m): 1:19pm On Oct 01, 2009
I don't really understand why Nigerians are like this, our keeper was too good against the Venezuelans if not for the ref that sees everthing wrong in what the nigerians did. Against the spaniards it was allso the same thing. Take it or leave, I think this team is better than what Amodu presented to us and they play good football safe for poor finishings. I wish them luck today.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by Nobody: 1:38pm On Oct 01, 2009
Davedavy:

Na for dream you see all these or you be sooth sayer??

I prophesy before the event unlike some well-kwown nigerian prophets.
All those i said will qualify will actually do so.Watch out!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by zenus(m): 1:42pm On Oct 01, 2009
our prayer is for them to win.
if they can't, no problem, we hav already write them off
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by dafman10(m): 2:20pm On Oct 01, 2009
b0y:

They have done this before; they would do it again, Losing to Tahiti is my greatest expectation and my biggest present 4 'dependence day' so lets keep hopes alive, Nigeria to get ass whupped today! Ashé gùn

God bless u for that. Useless leaders for glass house them mama left ynash

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by candylips(m): 2:28pm On Oct 01, 2009
game on
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by Dclique(m): 3:10pm On Oct 01, 2009
otokx:

I actually want Nigeria to loose but unfortunately they will win this one.

Dont be so sure,
Untill our boys are able to locate the post, I dont think a WIN will
ever be sure for us
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by naso2(m): 3:33pm On Oct 01, 2009
We need to win by atleast five goals and hope/pray that any of the following four teams lose

Egypt
OR
Cameroon
OR
Costa Rica
OR
Hungary

I have a feeling the Germany VS Cameroon match is our greatest prospect.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by bandely(m): 4:52pm On Oct 01, 2009
Dclique:

Dont be so sure,
Untill our boys are able to locate the post, I dont think a WIN will
ever be sure for us
Will they be blindfolded? grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by denony(m): 4:55pm On Oct 01, 2009
Thats their business
medicine after death

I can't bet against tahiti on this match
cos our naija team sabi Bleep up
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by sunnela: 5:02pm On Oct 01, 2009
just puzzled why we wey dey group b go play first b4 egypt wey dey group now, fifa just want ex my boys but god pass them, it's obvious they had anticipated e too sure for the host , if only the boyz had beaten venezuela atleast now dem don urn my peops to prayer warrior cum statisticians
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by zenus(m): 5:07pm On Oct 01, 2009
can this boyz score up to 5 goals?
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by IFELEKE(m): 5:10pm On Oct 01, 2009
na_so:

We need to win by atleast five goals and hope/pray that any of the following four teams lose

Egypt
OR
Cameroon
OR
Costa Rica
OR
Hungary

I have a feeling the Germany VS Cameroon match is our greatest prospect.
Good one, i kind of think like you do too but am not going to place much hope on our winning convincingly.
I'll just see our match out of loyalty.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tahiti (5-0) Thursday 1 October 2009 by ayo84(m): 5:14pm On Oct 01, 2009
they would have to win by 6-0 or something

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Mikel Obi To Join Galatasaray? / Okocha, Nwankwo Kanu On List Of Top 100 Best Foreign English Players / Nigeria Vs Colombia Friendly (1 - 1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.