Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,515 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

Aliko Dangote Unveils SunTrust Bank, Nigeria’s First Fintech Bank - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Aliko Dangote Unveils SunTrust Bank, Nigeria’s First Fintech Bank (57765 Views)

Suntrust Bank Commissions Its First Off-site ATM / SunTrust, The Branchless Bank Opens In Lagos / How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aliko Dangote Unveils SunTrust Bank, Nigeria’s First Fintech Bank by BAILMONEY: 11:17pm On Aug 24, 2016
[size=30pt]SUN TRUST BANK IS AMERICAN BANK[/size] E BE LIKE SAY I SEE OBA LILWAYNE THERE grin

1 Like

Re: Aliko Dangote Unveils SunTrust Bank, Nigeria’s First Fintech Bank by ever811(m): 11:21pm On Aug 24, 2016
Chinaimporter:
[size=18pt] Allah bless my uncle dangote for all he has been doing for nigerians...i will continue to pray for you. My latr father dantata told me you will be a great man when he first borrowed you 500k to start up.
I am worth 100 billion naira and dont want to risk it investing so that i will rather spend it till i die since my interest of 10 billion naira a yr is enough for me.Thank you uncle.

[/size]
who be this. and what is he saying
Re: Aliko Dangote Unveils SunTrust Bank, Nigeria’s First Fintech Bank by DICKtator: 11:28pm On Aug 24, 2016
I just went through their website and i can see that it is somehow skewed to the North ( btw, Ama Pepple is an Independent Director of the bank) and Dangote has vested interest in it( Well, i saw a Dantata, hence the reason for my conspiracy theory).

Matters arising: If Dangote moved his current cash from other banks to this bank, you know what that may mean? Imagine such a move coupled with CBN's recent sanction on some top banks. Won't this affect the liquidity of the banks?
Who is trying to cause trouble now?
I strongly believe this is the time to call a strategic meeting with this new entrant(remember Porters 5 forces?) and deliberate on strategies to employ for the unforeseeable future peradventure anything happens. Some banks may soon go into merger talks if things go downhill!!!

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Aliko Dangote Unveils SunTrust Bank, Nigeria’s First Fintech Bank by MrTour: 11:45pm On Aug 24, 2016
OK enough stories, "dem get dollar"?
Re: Aliko Dangote Unveils SunTrust Bank, Nigeria’s First Fintech Bank by Nobody: 12:10am On Aug 25, 2016
tbliss22:

I don't think there will be much recruitment in a tech bank of this nature, only few with high tech skills, who knows in and out of ICT.

But here is my thought although youths who can fore-see what's coming ahead should know that technology is gradually replacing human in areas of services at various work place.

Soon, expect banks to follow suit thereby relieving many of their staffs their jobs based on the fact that robots and computers has replaced their services.

Good one anyway our own naija born Alhaji Dangote.

One love
capitalism will one day collapse itself and prove Karl Marx right.
Re: Aliko Dangote Unveils SunTrust Bank, Nigeria’s First Fintech Bank by tiwiex(m): 12:13am On Aug 25, 2016
YoursGEJ:
By the time this man is done, our official currency will be called Dangote. For example;

Person A: Madam, how much be one mudu of garri?

Person B: Na two Dangote I dey sell o

You summarised it all. It's one thing to argue that he is a good business man. It's another to check the threat to monopoly and stifling of innovation. Bill Gates could have been richer but the European Union and the United states had to slow him down for the greater good of all. Government treats Dangote with too much reverence almost like no one else matters. Sometimes it sounds like a conflict of interest. It is well. I have nothing against him but the society has put him in a position that hurts itself.

1 Like

Re: Aliko Dangote Unveils SunTrust Bank, Nigeria’s First Fintech Bank by ajoo17(m): 12:29am On Aug 25, 2016
I hope this man is not trying to kill other banks while making his to survive.
Reasons: CBN has withdrawn oil money from all the banks.
Now Dangote is trying to do same because obviously that is what he is working towards as I see the man.
Well as for me, I don't see this (Sun Trust Bank) as a good development. It is a development that has something undertone though I can't really say it for now.
As for Dangote, I like the man especially his intellingent however, he has not in any way help the poor of the country.
Before he came to cement industry, he said that he will crash the price but the moment he came into the sector, cement price keep going up.
Now, he is coming into oil, you can see the price going up. I don't know if anybody is seeing what I am seeing. I think there are some concerted efforts somewhere that is preparing a stage for this man. Before he started to produce petrol, I hope they will not change the price to N300/li all to set the stage for him to take over. And he would be producing first for West Africa & later for Africa.
Pls, let all of us watch out for this man called Dangote. I think in my opinion (I maybe wrong ooooo) that he meant not too good for Nigeria. Pls don't quote me.
Re: Aliko Dangote Unveils SunTrust Bank, Nigeria’s First Fintech Bank by shamecurls(m): 12:36am On Aug 25, 2016
afoo02:
How can this help the poor?

Employment!
Re: Aliko Dangote Unveils SunTrust Bank, Nigeria’s First Fintech Bank by Nobody: 1:18am On Aug 25, 2016
i can see through all these tactical maneuvers by our rich elite to make their dirty ways clean and shield their wealth....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aliko Dangote Unveils SunTrust Bank, Nigeria’s First Fintech Bank by richeso: 1:36am On Aug 25, 2016
i can transfer , send and pay bills with my First Bank Acc. whats this new bank doing that my firstbank is not doing ?
i can do everything listed here with my first bank also. so its useless and not a welcome bullshit.

this is new bank to keep their billions unknown and unaccounted for when them them don do runs.
its a bank for them them and for special purpose known to the wise man reading this.

1 Like

Re: Aliko Dangote Unveils SunTrust Bank, Nigeria’s First Fintech Bank by Nobody: 3:36am On Aug 25, 2016
cheesy
Re: Aliko Dangote Unveils SunTrust Bank, Nigeria’s First Fintech Bank by uvalued(m): 3:38am On Aug 25, 2016
ok watching from a distance... in the age of hackers/crackers, this bank will be their targets esp wanna-bees in the hackworld to test thoer skills, hope the bank is well structured to wade of attacks such as ddos attacks? shocked shocked shocked

will check nairaland to see how far with this bank... cool
Re: Aliko Dangote Unveils SunTrust Bank, Nigeria’s First Fintech Bank by Nobody: 4:40am On Aug 25, 2016
Nice one, always looking for a good way to chop our money.
Re: Aliko Dangote Unveils SunTrust Bank, Nigeria’s First Fintech Bank by wink2015(m): 4:55am On Aug 25, 2016
[b][size=15pt]Dangote when are you coming to the Niger delta region to invest? Many of your cement trucks littered the road side of Niger delta town like Warri.

Some of the cement trucks are constituting a road nuisance and safety hazard. That is the only impression we have of Dangote in Warri. Nothing more. No Dangote industries in the Niger delta region. Besides Dangote is making so much from supplying cement in the Niger delta region.

So long as our Nigerian Businessmen concentrate their investment in mainly Lagos ignoring other parts of Nigeria broad based development of our country will continue to elude us. It is an over saturated Lagos our Businessmen prefer to invest. I blame the government for not spreading development to other parts of the country. Do not blame it on the restive youth in the Niger delta. I am saying so because before the youth restiveness or militancy started no government has ever seen or taught it wise to develop the Niger delta. Many Niger delta businessmen like the Ibru family, Chief Great Ogboru, Chief Otega Emerhor concentrated their investment in Lagos. It was when people like Chief Great Ogboru, Chief Otega Emerhor wanted to be governor of Delta states that they started tracing their roots to their Delta state. If you look at the bulk of their investment it is all concentrated in Lagos states. People like late Gamaliel Onosode, Movie entertainer like the late Justus Esiri all invested in Lagos. I am not saying that investing in Lagos is all that bad but I am saying that do not do it at the expense of your own home or state.

See the Warri port nothing is happening there. It is a deserted land.

The pdp administration of Ibori, Uduaghan and more lately Governor Okowa killed Warri denying the town and other delta state town the needed economic lifeline. No industries, no infrastructure, infact industrialization was never in their agenda. Stealing or looting of public funds was all we had of governors like Uduaghan most especially.

former governor Uduaghan never brought any development. No foreign investment, no local investment during his time as governor. Uduaghan went on a stealing and looting spree of the delta state treasury till he exited public office. That is the misfortune of delta state.
[/size]
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Aliko Dangote Unveils SunTrust Bank, Nigeria’s First Fintech Bank by Ashmark(m): 5:22am On Aug 25, 2016
kings09:
So as regional bank, wch region will it focus on as its market. and wats d big deal abt d fintech thingy wen most banks services r now technologically-drivN abi dem tink say Nigerians r bush ppl?
Lagos, Porthacout and Abuja
Re: Aliko Dangote Unveils SunTrust Bank, Nigeria’s First Fintech Bank by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:16am On Aug 25, 2016
Nairadays:
I first thought it was a bank that will serve as a venture funder of innovative technological solutions or for startups, seems it's a cashless ideology backed bank.

Still good, first of its kind.

Bet Dangote group bank accounts will be domiciled there sharp sharp.

A jack of all trades comes to mind.

Guy that was what I thought also o. They still got a lot of explanations to make sha, like how exactly its gonna work
Re: Aliko Dangote Unveils SunTrust Bank, Nigeria’s First Fintech Bank by Smartbrain2: 6:29am On Aug 25, 2016
It's a welcome development, but they should try and correct the errors other commercial banks have made over years of service, by subsidizing its products and eases banking for the common man. Qudos
Re: Aliko Dangote Unveils SunTrust Bank, Nigeria’s First Fintech Bank by staymore: 6:44am On Aug 25, 2016
AngelJazz:
Baba nau jack of all trade

Master of all
Re: Aliko Dangote Unveils SunTrust Bank, Nigeria’s First Fintech Bank by billyG(m): 7:01am On Aug 25, 2016
I hav said it b4 d way banks are stealing,heldunto,pilfer pple,fed.govt money this wise man did not want 2 wakeup & b told his money has dissappear & so now he has his own money storage house.
Re: Aliko Dangote Unveils SunTrust Bank, Nigeria’s First Fintech Bank by Nobody: 7:08am On Aug 25, 2016
guywitzerogal:
Bank s bank why the necessary addition of fintech

I tire oh.
Re: Aliko Dangote Unveils SunTrust Bank, Nigeria’s First Fintech Bank by ebenholer(m): 7:22am On Aug 25, 2016
This man Dangote has really done more good than bad for Nigeria economy, worthy of emulation in that aspect...
Re: Aliko Dangote Unveils SunTrust Bank, Nigeria’s First Fintech Bank by billyG(m): 7:26am On Aug 25, 2016
wink2015:
[b][size=15pt]Dangote when are you coming to the Niger delta region to invest? Many of your cement trucks littered the road side of Niger delta town like Warri.

Some of the cement trucks are constituting a road nuisance and safety hazard. That is the only impression we have of Dangote in Warri. Nothing more. No Dangote industries in the Niger delta region. Besides Dangote is making so much from supplying cement in the Niger delta region.

So long as our Nigerian Businessmen concentrate their investment in mainly Lagos ignoring other parts of Nigeria broad based development of our country will continue to elude us. It is an over saturated Lagos our Businessmen prefer to invest. I blame the government for not spreading development to other parts of the country. Do not blame it on the restive youth in the Niger delta. I am saying so because before the youth restiveness or militancy started no government has ever seen or taught it wise to develop the Niger delta. Many Niger delta businessmen like the Ibru family, Chief Great Ogboru, Chief Otega Emerhor concentrated their investment in Lagos. It was when people like Chief Great Ogboru, Chief Otega Emerhor wanted to be governor of Delta states that they started tracing their roots to their Delta state. If you look at the bulk of their investment it is all concentrated in Lagos states. People like late Gamaliel Onosode, Movie entertainer like the late Justus Esiri all invested in Lagos. I am not saying that investing in Lagos is all that bad but I am saying that do not do it at the expense of your own home or state.

See the Warri port nothing is happening there. It is a deserted land.

The pdp administration of Ibori, Uduaghan and more lately Governor Okowa killed Warri denying the town and other delta state town the needed economic lifeline. No industries, no infrastructure, infact industrialization was never in their agenda. Stealing or looting of public funds was all we had of governors like Uduaghan most especially.

former governor Uduaghan never brought any development. No foreign investment, no local investment during his time as governor. Uduaghan went on a stealing and looting spree of the delta state treasury till he exited public office. That is the misfortune of delta state.
[/size]
[/b]
Warri is not an investor friendly town,d youths are restive,lazy & violent just see how they drove oil coys out of warri,blowing pipelines & other national assets how many town hav d luxury of a refinery & a seaport in 9jeria?Tell yur sons 2 1st invest in warri,dnt charity begins @ home?dnt blame Dangote 4 yur problems.

1 Like

Re: Aliko Dangote Unveils SunTrust Bank, Nigeria’s First Fintech Bank by Jethrolite(m): 8:30am On Aug 25, 2016
Everybody wants a piece of Paga's pie.
Re: Aliko Dangote Unveils SunTrust Bank, Nigeria’s First Fintech Bank by mayoor15(m): 8:20pm On Aug 25, 2016
Vincent41:

cleaner for u!!!:??*lol*
As a man thinketh in his heart so he is. Not surprised, what we say on social media are a reflection of who we are....No quarrel boss...Just find a better thing to channel you thoughts to...
Re: Aliko Dangote Unveils SunTrust Bank, Nigeria’s First Fintech Bank by Incrizz(f): 1:31am On Aug 26, 2016
It's begun!
Re: Aliko Dangote Unveils SunTrust Bank, Nigeria’s First Fintech Bank by Codes151(m): 10:58am On Aug 26, 2016
Abi u follow buy dollar at 190 sell abi?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Alex Ekwueme & Olasubomi Balogun Story: Nobody Knows Tomorrow (Pictures) / Jeff Bezos Agrees $35bn Divorce / 10-Year-Old Barber Who Makes At Least N5,000 Daily (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.