Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,850 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

Racism At Rio Olympics 2016(photos) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Racism At Rio Olympics 2016(photos) (1299 Views)

Efe Ajagba Knocks Nigel Paul Out In Round One in 23 Seconds At RIO Olympics / katsuyatakasu, A Japanese To Reward Nigerian Players At Rio Olympics (picture) / Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Racism At Rio Olympics 2016(photos) by Undisputed88(m): 11:02pm On Aug 24, 2016
The Just Concluded RIO 2016 Summer Olympics held in Brazil brought so much memories which would last for a long time, from the joys of victory to the pains of defeat.

However one particular image which would without doubt stay longer than the rest is a very un-sportmanlike one, an image that does not reflect the true purpose of the Olympic games which is solely to 'Foster Unity among Nations'.

One of Africa's Gold medalist at RIO 2016, South African Caster Semenya, who won the women’s 800m gold, extended her arms to fellow competitors Melissa Bishop of Canada and Lynsey Sharp of Great Britain, after the 800meters final,Sharp who came in sixth, holds a tearful Bishop, who took fourth, in a tight embrace. Rather than respond to Semenya, they remained in their embrace ignoring her, a blatant display of Racism!!.

Caster Semenya’s athleticism has been attributed to a single molecule "Testosterone", Even though, that alone has not earned her all the medals and achievements she's managed to accomplish, not forgetting her Resolve, Determination,Skill and preparations.

The South African nation has pushed back with a sensitization campaign, titled "#handsoffcaster" coming to the defence of one of the world’s most scrutinized athlete, despite her having done nothing wrong and competing with the support of the Court Of Arbitration For Sport (CAS).

Read more @ SOURCE:http://www.gossipmirrors.com/2016/08/racism-at-rio-olympics-2016.html

Re: Racism At Rio Olympics 2016(photos) by mhizAnnie(f): 11:05pm On Aug 24, 2016
Lemme camp here grin

FTC anyway tongue
Re: Racism At Rio Olympics 2016(photos) by blanquito(m): 11:05pm On Aug 24, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Racism At Rio Olympics 2016(photos) by Nobody: 11:07pm On Aug 24, 2016
If they are east Europeans probably racist. But most of the field as sore losers felt she didn't deserve to compete because of her testosterone levels.

Still I remember one Latvian girl in my HS class...That Girl had a thing for black guys...JUNGLE FEVER.

OP As a Track athlete sometimes I feel like a sore loser when I run a bad time, I might ignore you, is that unsportsmanlike? Yes. Racist? No.

Now if I were to run the 200m with Justin Gatlin...Knowing that he has done drugs before I might be angered that he should be banned for life and shouldn't compete. Those girls most likely treated her as A drug user.

Unsportsmanlike but don't blow it out of proportion
Re: Racism At Rio Olympics 2016(photos) by rosieflower2(f): 11:08pm On Aug 24, 2016
Eya!
Re: Racism At Rio Olympics 2016(photos) by Tolexander: 11:09pm On Aug 24, 2016
One of Africa's Gold medalist at RIO 2016, South African Caster Semenya, who won the women’s 800m gold, extended her arms to fellow competitors Melissa Bishop of Canada and Lynsey Sharp of Great Britain, after the 800meters final,Sharp who came in sixth, holds a tearful Bishop, who took fourth, in a tight embrace. Rather than respond to Semenya, they remained in their embrace ignoring her, a blatant display of Racism!!.
She should have left the failures to continue in embracing themselves.

The South African won gold while the Canadian and British won themselves embrace!
Which one make sense pass?

3 Likes

Re: Racism At Rio Olympics 2016(photos) by medexico(m): 11:11pm On Aug 24, 2016
Racism is everywhere

I am not surprised
Re: Racism At Rio Olympics 2016(photos) by Nobody: 11:11pm On Aug 24, 2016
A simple case of sore mood & wrong timing. Not racism.

1 Like

Re: Racism At Rio Olympics 2016(photos) by Nobody: 11:45pm On Aug 24, 2016
Tolexander:
She should have left the failures to continue in embracing themselves.

The South African won gold while the Canadian and British won themselves embrace!
Which one make self pass?
If u type 'racism' on youtube ur life will change
Re: Racism At Rio Olympics 2016(photos) by Edmen(m): 11:52pm On Aug 24, 2016
Really sad..I feel for this girl..she has gone through a lot but still always comes out strong. .
I pray that I can have just a ittle of her courage to enable me overcome what am going through presently .
Re: Racism At Rio Olympics 2016(photos) by HALIX16: 11:58pm On Aug 24, 2016
Semenya, when 'she' was being interviewed after the win said "I'm grateful to my wife..." amongs other people 'she' mentioned. Wife? Jeez! I had to watch it all over again and.... Maybe they know 'she' is a man. Her voice too, can't be a woman's voice.
Re: Racism At Rio Olympics 2016(photos) by soccerdrum(m): 12:10am On Aug 25, 2016
The white will never stop the HATE coz they know vividly well within themselves that we (The Black) are more better and stronger than them. So they can't help, but jealous our GOD given agility cool

African Cup of Nations 2017

2 Likes

Re: Racism At Rio Olympics 2016(photos) by Nobody: 3:42am On Aug 25, 2016
Racism still exist and am not tryna kid_sophia thakur

(1) (Reply)

The Only Team That Can Help Arsenal And Barcelona To Reach The Round Of 16 / Download Arsenal Vs Benfica 5-2 Emirates Cup Here / Ronaldo Copy is Idol (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.