Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,951 members, 7,817,791 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) - Music/Radio (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) (47655 Views)

Airforce 1 On STV Right Now, Nigerian Idols season V / Pepsi Nigerian Idols / Dare Art Alade On American Idols? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by kaydee(m): 3:03am On Jul 15, 2007
Somebody tell them what went down! lipsrsealed
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by 9ja4eva: 9:01am On Jul 15, 2007
No one wan give d breakdown?
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by bagoma(f): 7:44pm On Jul 15, 2007
why now? undecided
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by lawyerchap(m): 5:05pm On Jul 16, 2007
Hey people,
Sorry I haven’t been here since, but I was whisked out of the State on the Monday following our get-together to work on an IPO campaign for a telecoms operator that is going public in September. So better get your money ready o. But back to our get-together.

If you weren't there, you missed o. it was a great outing even though some of the planning could have been better. For one thing, we didn't decide on how we'd identify one another when we got to the venue. Consequently some people who came had to leave as they could not contact anyone. I realized this as I was about leaving home and so came with a copy of the Idols magazine in the hope that anyone who saw it would conclude I was there for the get-together.

This ploy worked as Mimiko spotted the magazine and approached us. She had actually been waiting for a bit with her siblings downstairs. You need to see Mimiko to believe her. The chic make total sense o. Ebullient and self-assured in addition to being a real head-turner. She was first on the scene so had to chill for the rest of us. I came in next and saw her in the midst of her siblings so I went upstairs. I was joined by Kaydee shortly after and he recognized me instantly despite never having seen me before. Still don't know how he did that. But what struck me about Kaydee was his relative youth. He sounds so much more mature than his age. He came with his siblings as well, a brother who couldn't drive a manual gearshift and a sister who we tripped for at first but gave me plenty of reason to untrip before the evening was over.

Cammax7 joined us a little later, also attracted by the Idols magazine. He was also in the company of a friend who is a non-nairalander. Ah, these nairalanders get connection o. Cammax7 was at every spectacular except one or two. And I was on this thread begging people to let me know how to get into those spectaculars, and no one answered me. God dey sha. Cammax7 is a very opinionated young chap with very firm ideas about what good music is. He had an opinion on every Idols contestant from the auditions right down to the top10. That chap has a remarkable memory.

Next was the incendiary of the thread, Chukky76. Always ready to blaze away with all guns at anyone who holds a different opinion and is not careful in articulating that opinion, he is totally different in person. With a sense of humour that is at times dark and edgy, and at other times totally wacky and good humoured, he brought great wit and verve to the meet. For a banker, he’s so refreshing that I wonder if he isn’t stuck in the wrong profession.

We had to wait a pretty long while for Salsera to join us as she had to travel down from Ibadan and what with the Redeemed Camp’s 07/07/07 programme, it couldn’t have been an easy trip. To compound the matter, she got there and we saw her waiting around and asking everyone but us if they were for the get-together. Eventually I think she spotted the (Godsent) magazine and finally approached us. We should have known sooner that she was Salsera since she had luggage and we knew she would be traveling in from Ibadan.

The meet had been very lively up to that point as we had discussed practically every topic under the sun, from Ruggedman’s new album to Mike Majic’s dress sense. But when Salsera joined us, it went ballistic. Salsera is among the most intelligent and articulate people I’ve ever met. She exactly fits the description of “life of the party.” She talked up a storm from idols to the nairaland beefs and hoaxes, like the famed Papermoon saga (which I hadn’t heard of). I would never have figured her for an engineer. She kept the discussions lively and hilarious, enabling us survive the three-hour wait for Icon who was getting off work for 7pm. We also had to endure kaydee's pretty sister constantly bugging us about wanting to go home and needing Kaydee to drive them home (the other sibling apparently cannot drive a manual gearshift). We had to constantly placate and mollify and pacify her since we needed to wait for Icon to arrive before anyone would leave. She finally simmered down when we told Kaydee to get her a cab. Apparently, that wasn't a very inviting prospect for her.

We had agreed it wouldn’t quite be a proper get-together if Icon wasn’t there and when he finally arrived it was clear why. Such a friendly fellow with the disposition of a very happy dolphin, he injected new life into the slightly flagging meet particularly with his talk about Clubfreedom. He and Kaydee (who’s brother apparently has cycled out and collected his 6K dollars) got us all fired up about it and it is very likely that by this time in August those who attended the meet will all be six thousand dollars richer.

We had expected Timi, Omawumi and Omodele from the top 10 and Titi Adelagun from the Top80 to join us at the meet but Omodele got caught up in the humongous traffic snarl-up at Redeemed Camp (she doesn’t stay in Lagos) and had to return home the first chance she got, while Timi and Omawumi were stuck in a meeting with Storm Records (apparently their “new” management). We did however get to speak with Omawumi on the phone and she shared some of her thoughts on how she felt coming second in what was really a “winner takes all” competition. It would appear though that they are all winners as Storm Records appears to have given them (Timi, Omawumi and Eric) recording contracts (makes you wonder about the Sony-BMG deal for Timi though).

A tenacious security guard kept coming to interrupt us brandishing car registration numbers and asking if they belonged to any of us as the cars were apparently blocking other people’s cars. After the fourth time we had to inform him that we came in a BMW and a Hummer, so if it wasn’t one of those two cars he shouldn’t bother us anymore. I don’t think he quite appreciated the joke.

Chicken materialized on the table early in the meet and drinks followed suit. I have never eaten so much roast chicken at one sitting before. It was a truly great time. I would love to post the pictures here but some people would like to remain incognito on Nairaland, so, sorry there won’t be any pictures.

I hope we get to do this again sometime. In the meantime if you would like to have the phone numbers of any of your idols contestants, just let me know on this thread and I’ll hook you up pronto.
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by bagoma(f): 9:52pm On Jul 16, 2007
hey! at last someone finally told us something.
i'm not surprised its lawyerchap who did.
great.
sounds like it was fun.
thanks lawyerchap, you painted very vivid pictures of everyone, dont think i'd actually need to see the real thing. i can see it all clearly in my mind's eye. good job as always.
thanks.
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jul 16, 2007
@lawyerchap

hey!!! I missed you

thank you for delivering us from silence

you know u have a way with words

me, life of a party lipsrsealed

Nahh , I just have a penchant for talking grin

Pity I missed seeing mimiko kinda suspect i know who she is

abeg send the pics to my mail box

Nairaland 'scandals' are legendary, I barely know anything but u catch the vibe when u read some responses

But it was good seeing others though.
We were gisting like old friends(I didnt picture chukky76 as a banker either)

and Icon was worth the wait
kai he beg tire make we wait for am; after we had hinted he shud call in sick at work . I think he must have made that drive from work to Elmos in 5 mins grin

See you all for
Big Bruva II
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by dominobaby(f): 11:23am On Jul 17, 2007
Firstly let me apologize for not coming over- we had a last minute 'reunion' sort of at home and when we were through, couldn't leave from satellite town at that time, coupled with the crazy traffic in the area.
@lawyerchap, thanks for that brief but vivid breakdown, you just have a way with words i could picture it.
@salsera, good thing you could make it all the way from ib.
@all concerned, honestly i wouldn't mind us meeting once more!*possible?*
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by lawyerchap(m): 4:34pm On Jul 19, 2007
dominobaby:

Firstly let me apologize for not coming over- we had a last minute 'reunion' sort of at home and when we were through, couldn't leave from satellite town at that time, coupled with the crazy traffic in the area.
@lawyerchap, thanks for that brief but vivid breakdown, you just have a way with words i could picture it.
@salsera, good thing you could make it all the way from ib.
@all concerned, honestly i wouldn't mind us meeting once more!*possible?*

@Dominobaby
I really wished you could have been there. i personally wanted to meet you. Maybe we'll have another meet after Big Brother II. Meantime, people lets meet on the Big Brother Thread. I know that's going to be another fun thread. I hope i'll see y'all there.
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by 9ja4eva: 7:59am On Jul 22, 2007
BB thread is nt on yet i guess.

Una try oh .Which idol number u get sef lawyerchap?

I need some numbers oh.Make i drop deir names here or send am to u?
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by Icon(m): 4:30pm On Jul 22, 2007
Can you imagine, I didn't know this thread was still on. Must have missed the notifications. I was the last to arrive at the scene as LawyerChap said, but I didn't regret it in anyway. Such a lively group of fellows, I wish I had been there earlier. I could swear I would not have recognized anyone of these guys if i had met them on the road. I hope we do this again, with more people , soon.
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by teju03: 8:38pm On Jul 22, 2007
Did you guys and girls get to meet Titi Adelagun? What was she (honestly) like?
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by lawyerchap(m): 3:43pm On Jul 23, 2007
teju03:

Did you guys and girls get to meet Titi Adelagun? What was she (honestly) like?

@Teju03
Wow! Some interest in Titi Adelagun. And someone said no one knows anybody in the Top 80. Titi didn't make it to the meet and we don't know why. But i did get to meet her to give her the invitation. She's a well-mannered breath-takingly beautiful young lady who would have made phenomenal eye-candy on Idols. Although she claims to be as good a singer as anyone who made it to the Top25, her Top30 exit from Planet One ensured that Africa never got a good look at this lady.

She is a friendly and vivacious conversatiionalist and i thoroughly enjoyed the time we spent together (when i wasn't open-mouthed in awe of such beauty up close. Just Kidding. Afterall, our Mimiko is just as goodlooking).

You sound like you know her from before Idols and don't exactly have a favourable opinion. What's the scoop on her?

@9ja4eva
my email addy is sendswift@yahoo.com send me the names and i'll let you have the numbers.

@all
Hope we can do this meet again soon with more people. It was a lot of fun.
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by cammax7(m): 6:33pm On Jul 23, 2007
my bad lawyerchap. i must have missed the part on the thread where you asked for tickets to spectacular. But how about a Nairaland Independence Day Celebration. could make a good reason for we nairalnders to meet and mix up. what do you guys say?
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by teju03: 9:01pm On Jul 23, 2007
lawyerchap:

@Teju03
Wow! Some interest in Titi Adelagun. And someone said no one knows anybody in the Top 80. Titi didn't make it to the meet and we don't know why. But i did get to meet her to give her the invitation. She's a well-mannered breath-takingly beautiful young lady who would have made phenomenal eye-candy on Idols. Although she claims to be as good a singer as anyone who made it to the Top25, her Top30 exit from Planet One ensured that Africa never got a good look at this lady.

She is a friendly and vivacious conversatiionalist and i thoroughly enjoyed the time we spent together (when i wasn't open-mouthed in awe of such beauty up close. Just Kidding. Afterall, our Mimiko is just as goodlooking).

You sound like you know her from before Idols and don't exactly have a favourable opinion. What's the scoop on her?

Why are you shocked by the interest in her?

And How did you guess that I know her from before Idols? I know her from when she was a lowly queens college student trying to make it as a model. I haven't spoken to her in years because we live far from each other. I guess I'm hitting you up for gossip wink grin . . . how did you meet? What's she up to now? etc

I don't have anything particularly bad to say about her, all I can say is we're very different people.
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by dominobaby(f): 7:16am On Jul 24, 2007
Aight lawyerchap, when the BB thread comes up, amma partake, and we take it up from there. So long!
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by lawyerchap(m): 1:42pm On Jul 26, 2007
@Teju03
Titi has come a pretty long way from her lowly queens college days. She's the definition of a successful print model billing over a million yearly. sometimes well over a million. She's been in countless advertising campaigns and was a contestant at the last Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria. She travels regularly to South Africa for the summer fashion season where she does runway and fashion catalogue modelling. She's currently trying to get into the prestigious Ford Modelling Agency in New York and that looks like its nearly a done deal. She's also one of the models on Deal or No Deal Nigeria showing on Mnet. She hasn't done badly for herself. She's also dating the (theoretically) most desirable black man in the world, Bryan (Mr. Nigeria who was the highest finishing Black contestant at Mr. World, hence the Most Desirable Black Man title).

Are you male or female, by the way? There's no indication of that.
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by teju03: 7:12pm On Jul 26, 2007
lawyerchap:

@Teju03
Titi has come a pretty long way from her lowly queens college days. She's the definition of a successful print model billing over a million yearly. sometimes well over a million. She's been in countless advertising campaigns and was a contestant at the last Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria. She travels regularly to South Africa for the summer fashion season where she does runway and fashion catalogue modelling. She's currently trying to get into the prestigious Ford Modelling Agency in New York and that looks like its nearly a done deal. She's also one of the models on Deal or No Deal Nigeria showing on Mnet. She hasn't done badly for herself. She's also dating the (theoretically) most desirable black man in the world, Bryan (Mr. Nigeria who was the highest finishing Black contestant at Mr. World, hence the Most Desirable Black Man title).

Are you male or female, by the way? There's no indication of that.

Did Titi tell you herself that she earns over a million a year or did you find out from someone else? Same goes for the ford models thing.
You didn't answer my question about why you're shocked by my interest in her. If she is as successful as you say she is surely a lot of people must be interested in her?

I'm a girl smiley.
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by teju03: 7:25pm On Jul 26, 2007
I just re-read my post directed @ lawyerchap and I sound like such a hater!  undecided

I'm a cynic at heart which is why I find it hard to believe all those things you said.

And I've heard the ford models thing before from titi's lips in relation to someone else.

If she's really doing as well as she claims . . . good for her! As I said I know her before idols, so to see my homegirl  come this far is great for me because I can say I know her!
I recently found out my former secondary school mate writes a politics column for the Vanguard Newspaper and I've been telling everyone about it, none of them know her but, I tell them anyway. . . I'm not a hater!

But, again I know Titi and she brings out the cynic in me.
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jul 26, 2007
@teju03

if lawyer chap says she earns that much then he's not mincing words considering the field he works in.

If anyone should know it would be him

besides that what's this theoretically dating thing

I knew of Brian because of his dance gospel dance group Sons of Liberty ddint think he was that great looking but after those fanta ads I had to admit that he's very photogenic

He's just a bit too young for me wink

, then again I'v been nudged to give younger men a chance grin
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by teju03: 7:59am On Jul 27, 2007
salsera:

@teju03

if lawyer chap says she earns that much then he's not mincing words considering the field he works in.

If anyone should know it would be him

besides that what's this theoretically dating thing

I knew of Brian because of his dance gospel dance group Sons of Liberty ddint think he was that great looking but after those fanta ads I had to admit that he's very photogenic

He's just a bit too young for me wink

, then again I'v been nudged to give younger men a chance grin

I don't see how he would know how much she earns, unless he signs her pay cheque.
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by kaydee(m): 4:46pm On Jul 27, 2007
Lawyerchap:

Hey people,
Sorry I haven’t been here since, but I was whisked out of the State on the Monday following our get-together to work on an IPO campaign for a telecoms operator that is going public in September. So better get your money ready o. But back to our get-together.

If you weren't there, you missed o. it was a great outing even though some of the planning could have been better. For one thing, we didn't decide on how we'd identify one another when we got to the venue. Consequently some people who came had to leave as they could not contact anyone. I realized this as I was about leaving home and so came with a copy of the Idols magazine in the hope that anyone who saw it would conclude I was there for the get-together.

This ploy worked as Mimiko spotted the magazine and approached us. She had actually been waiting for a bit with her siblings downstairs. You need to see Mimiko to believe her. The chic make total sense o. Ebullient and self-assured in addition to being a real head-turner. She was first on the scene so had to chill for the rest of us. I came in next and saw her in the midst of her siblings so I went upstairs. I was joined by Kaydee shortly after and he recognized me instantly despite never having seen me before. Still don't know how he did that. But what struck me about Kaydee was his relative youth. He sounds so much more mature than his age. He came with his siblings as well, a brother who couldn't drive a manual gearshift and a sister who we tripped for at first but gave me plenty of reason to untrip before the evening was over.

Cammax7 joined us a little later, also attracted by the Idols magazine. He was also in the company of a friend who is a non-Nairaland user. Ah, these Nairaland users get connection o. Cammax7 was at every spectacular except one or two. And I was on this thread begging people to let me know how to get into those spectaculars, and no one answered me. God dey sha. Cammax7 is a very opinionated young chap with very firm ideas about what good music is. He had an opinion on every Idols contestant from the auditions right down to the top10. That chap has a remarkable memory.

Next was the incendiary of the thread, Chukky76. Always ready to blaze away with all guns at anyone who holds a different opinion and is not careful in articulating that opinion, he is totally different in person. With a sense of humour that is at times dark and edgy, and at other times totally wacky and good humoured, he brought great wit and verve to the meet. For a banker, he’s so refreshing that I wonder if he isn’t stuck in the wrong profession.

We had to wait a pretty long while for Salsera to join us as she had to travel down from Ibadan and what with the Redeemed Camp’s 07/07/07 programme, it couldn’t have been an easy trip. To compound the matter, she got there and we saw her waiting around and asking everyone but us if they were for the get-together. Eventually I think she spotted the (Godsent) magazine and finally approached us. We should have known sooner that she was Salsera since she had luggage and we knew she would be traveling in from Ibadan.

The meet had been very lively up to that point as we had discussed practically every topic under the sun, from Ruggedman’s new album to Mike Majic’s dress sense. But when Salsera joined us, it went ballistic. Salsera is among the most intelligent and articulate people I’ve ever met. She exactly fits the description of “life of the party.” She talked up a storm from idols to the nairaland beefs and hoaxes, like the famed Papermoon saga (which I hadn’t heard of). I would never have figured her for an engineer. She kept the discussions lively and hilarious, enabling us survive the three-hour wait for Icon who was getting off work for 7pm. We also had to endure kaydee's pretty sister constantly bugging us about wanting to go home and needing Kaydee to drive them home (the other sibling apparently cannot drive a manual gearshift). We had to constantly placate and mollify and pacify her since we needed to wait for Icon to arrive before anyone would leave. She finally simmered down when we told Kaydee to get her a cab. Apparently, that wasn't a very inviting prospect for her.

We had agreed it wouldn’t quite be a proper get-together if Icon wasn’t there and when he finally arrived it was clear why. Such a friendly fellow with the disposition of a very happy dolphin, he injected new life into the slightly flagging meet particularly with his talk about Clubfreedom. He and Kaydee (who’s brother apparently has cycled out and collected his 6K dollars) got us all fired up about it and it is very likely that by this time in August those who attended the meet will all be six thousand dollars richer.

We had expected Timi, Omawumi and Omodele from the top 10 and Titi Adelagun from the Top80 to join us at the meet but Omodele got caught up in the humongous traffic snarl-up at Redeemed Camp (she doesn’t stay in Lagos) and had to return home the first chance she got, while Timi and Omawumi were stuck in a meeting with Storm Records (apparently their “new” management). We did however get to speak with Omawumi on the phone and she shared some of her thoughts on how she felt coming second in what was really a “winner takes all” competition. It would appear though that they are all winners as Storm Records appears to have given them (Timi, Omawumi and Eric) recording contracts (makes you wonder about the Sony-BMG deal for Timi though).

A tenacious security guard kept coming to interrupt us brandishing car registration numbers and asking if they belonged to any of us as the cars were apparently blocking other people’s cars. After the fourth time we had to inform him that we came in a BMW and a Hummer, so if it wasn’t one of those two cars he shouldn’t bother us anymore. I don’t think he quite appreciated the joke.

Chicken materialized on the table early in the meet and drinks followed suit. I have never eaten so much roast chicken at one sitting before. It was a truly great time. I would love to post the pictures here but some people would like to remain incognito on Nairaland, so, sorry there won’t be any pictures.

I hope we get to do this again sometime. In the meantime if you would like to have the phone numbers of any of your idols contestants, just let me know on this thread and I’ll hook you up pronto.

Lol! So y'all know bout everybody except Lawyerchap.Since he ignored himself,i'ma talk bout him.We all know Lawyers can talk but i met one who is unusually articulate. I work with Lawyers and i know he is a very different one.(E be Barrister true true oh!No be just username).He supplied the chicken and Chukky supplied the drinks.(Una wey no come miss oh!). Hope to see all those faces again.Sorry i haven't called any of ya.I've got a big problem with MTN,in fact,i'm taking them to court.Yeah! I think Salsera shoulda been a lawyer too.No dull moment with her.I got the impression that only beautiful people esp ladies are on Nairaland. I really wanna chill with y'all soon again.
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by 9ja4eva: 4:57pm On Jul 27, 2007
@lawyerchap

I go hit u
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by Nobody: 2:31am On Jul 30, 2007
@teju03

obviously you did not catch my drift

i said the field he works in
he may be a lawyer but he does not work as one
for him to talk about modelling means that its part of the industry he is in
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by lawyerchap(m): 10:36am On Jul 30, 2007
teju03:

Did Titi tell you herself that she earns over a million a year or did you find out from someone else? Same goes for the ford models thing.
You didn't answer my question about why you're shocked by my interest in her. If she is as successful as you say she is surely a lot of people must be interested in her?
@Teju03
I work in advertising and its a fairly small industry in that practically everyone knows everyone. Titi had worked extensively with my agency before i met her. She had been in Allstates IPO campaign for which she was paid nearly a quarter of a million, she has been in ad campaigns for Vmobile, Crusader Insurance, Out of Africa Clothing, Close Up, Fanta, and lots of other brands. At a point she became the most hated model in the modeling industry as the moment she showed up at a casting, the other models knew it was time to leave as Titi would definitely get the job. This also got the better of her as clients soon realized that she had been over exposed and stopped using her for print campaigns. But she continues to do fashion modelling and the trips to south africa are paying very well. I didn't get her billings from her, it was a picture i assembled from the volume of advertising work she does in a year. It does not include her undocumented earnings from runway work, so its actually a conservative figure.
Ford Models is interested in her, i actually saw the letter expressing this interest and asking for a fresh set of pictures from her. (without make-up). I wasn't told about this. i saw it for myself.
I was shocked at your interest in her not from a modelling point of view but from the Idols point of view. When i said i would like to invite people from the Top80 for our meet, people said no one knows the Top80 people. That's what i meant when i said Wow, some interest in Titi Adelagun. You can substitute any name from the Top80 for Titi and you'lll have an idea why i was surprised in your interest. Its because she didn't get past top80 that i was surprised that anyone was interested in her.

@Salsera
Thanks for sticking up for me. I know u got ma back.
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by teju03: 9:04pm On Jul 30, 2007
lawyerchap:

@Teju03
I work in advertising and its a fairly small industry in that practically everyone knows everyone. Titi had worked extensively with my agency before i met her. She had been in Allstates IPO campaign for which she was paid nearly a quarter of a million, she has been in ad campaigns for Vmobile, Crusader Insurance, Out of Africa Clothing, Close Up, Fanta, and lots of other brands. At a point she became the most hated model in the modeling industry as the moment she showed up at a casting, the other models knew it was time to leave as Titi would definitely get the job. This also got the better of her as clients soon realized that she had been over exposed and stopped using her for print campaigns. But she continues to do fashion modelling and the trips to south africa are paying very well. I didn't get her billings from her, it was a picture i assembled from the volume of advertising work she does in a year. It does not include her undocumented earnings from runway work, so its actually a conservative figure.
Ford Models is interested in her, i actually saw the letter expressing this interest and asking for a fresh set of pictures from her. (without make-up). I wasn't told about this. i saw it for myself.
I was shocked at your interest in her not from a modelling point of view but from the Idols point of view. When i said i would like to invite people from the Top80 for our meet, people said no one knows the Top80 people. That's what i meant when i said Wow, some interest in Titi Adelagun. You can substitute any name from the Top80 for Titi and you'lll have an idea why i was surprised in your interest. Its because she didn't get past top80 that i was surprised that anyone was interested in her.

@Salsera
Thanks for sticking up for me. I know u got ma back.

Coolio! Good for her!
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by teju03: 9:07pm On Jul 30, 2007
salsera:

@teju03

obviously you did not catch my drift

i said the field he works in
he may be a lawyer but he does not work as one
for him to talk about modelling means that its part of the industry he is in

You didn't specify what field he works and there was no way for me to know that.
I'm a newbie here and all I know is he's a lawyer and even that knowledge is questionable cos people choose random names online. For all you know my name might not be teju.
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by slimnike(m): 6:33pm On Aug 07, 2007
When is Timi's album coming out?

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply)

Opinion : Top Five Nigerian Singles That Attained International Acclaim / Wizkid Joins Justin Bieber On Stage To Perform Essence: PICS & VIDEO / Ayo Orowale, Broadcaster Is Dead (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.