Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,258 members, 7,818,884 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 26/08/16 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 26/08/16 (946 Views)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 31/08/16 / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 13/08/16 / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 11/08/16 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 26/08/16 by dallyemmy: 4:40pm On Aug 25, 2016
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL...

DATE: FRIDAY 26TH AUGUST 2016

THEME: THREE DIMENSIONAL WICKEDNESS

Memorise:

And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat. Genesis 3:6

Read: 1 John 2:15

2:15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

The title of today's devotion invites us to have a three dimensional view of wickedness as we consider today's Bible reading and memory verse. If we only glance at this passage superficially, we will not see what God is showing us or get a good enough grasp of the message it contains. According to our memory verse, you will notice that Adam and Eve based their decision squarely on feelings to the exclusion of the Spirit of God that was resident in them. They found the forbidden fruit to be good for food and therefore for the nourishment of the body. Since it was pleasant to the eyes they thought it will satisfy the longing of the soul, and make one wise, hereby satisfying a human's egoistic ambition to be like God. These are indeed the three dimensions of wickedness that led to the fall. The first human beings abused their God-given freedom by these rebellious acts against God. The Word of God in 2 Corinthians 11:3 says;
"But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ."

The above passage shows that the fall of Adam and Eve was not out of ignorance, but due to carelessness and a carefree attitude towards the devil. First, they were familiar with the devil to the point of having a rapport with him. Secondly, they were reasoning with the devil on his terms without any recourse for God or His commandments. Thirdly, they were so relaxed, they didn't realize they were being setup for destruction by the devil. Unfortunately, the Church of the 21st century seems not to have learnt any lesson from this example, as we currently exhibit worse simplicity and complacency than that which got Adam and Eve into trouble. Christians now accommodate and even defend those sins that were specifically condemned in the Bible. Will you dance with the devil or STAND FOR JESUS?

Prayer Point:

Father, I refuse to fall for any form of three dimensional wickedness, please help me to stand firm in You.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Isaiah 60:1-63:14
Psalms 42

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 9: MY FAITH HAS FOUND A PLACE

My faith has found a resting place,
Not in device or creed;
I trust the ever living One,
His wounds for me shall plead.

Chorus:
I need no other argument,
I need no other plea,
It is enough that Jesus died,
And that He died for me.

Enough for me that Jesus saves,
This ends my fear and doubt;
A sinful soul I come to Him,
He'll never cast me out.

Chorus:

My heart is leaning on the Word,
The living Word of God,
Salvation by my Savior's Name,
Salvation through His blood.

Chorus:

My great Physician heals the sick,
The lost He came to save;
For me His precious blood He shed,
For me His life He gave.

Chorus.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 26/08/16 by 4reala(m): 5:25pm On Aug 25, 2016
dallyemmy:
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL...

DATE: FRIDAY 26TH AUGUST 2016

THEME: THREE DIMENSIONAL WICKEDNESS

Memorise:

And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat. Genesis 3:6

Read: 1 John 2:15

2:15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

The title of today's devotion invites us to have a three dimensional view of wickedness as we consider today's Bible reading and memory verse. If we only glance at this passage superficially, we will not see what God is showing us or get a good enough grasp of the message it contains. According to our memory verse, you will notice that Adam and Eve based their decision squarely on feelings to the exclusion of the Spirit of God that was resident in them. They found the forbidden fruit to be good for food and therefore for the nourishment of the body. Since it was pleasant to the eyes they thought it will satisfy the longing of the soul, and make one wise, hereby satisfying a human's egoistic ambition to be like God. These are indeed the three dimensions of wickedness that led to the fall. The first human beings abused their God-given freedom by these rebellious acts against God. The Word of God in 2 Corinthians 11:3 says;
"But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ."

The above passage shows that the fall of Adam and Eve was not out of ignorance, but due to carelessness and a carefree attitude towards the devil. First, they were familiar with the devil to the point of having a rapport with him. Secondly, they were reasoning with the devil on his terms without any recourse for God or His commandments. Thirdly, they were so relaxed, they didn't realize they were being setup for destruction by the devil. Unfortunately, the Church of the 21st century seems not to have learnt any lesson from this example, as we currently exhibit worse simplicity and complacency than that which got Adam and Eve into trouble. Christians now accommodate and even defend those sins that were specifically condemned in the Bible. Will you dance with the devil or STAND FOR JESUS?

Prayer Point:

Father, I refuse to fall for any form of three dimensional wickedness, please help me to stand firm in You.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Isaiah 60:1-63:14
Psalms 42

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 9: MY FAITH HAS FOUND A PLACE

My faith has found a resting place,
Not in device or creed;
I trust the ever living One,
His wounds for me shall plead.

Chorus:
I need no other argument,
I need no other plea,
It is enough that Jesus died,
And that He died for me.

Enough for me that Jesus saves,
This ends my fear and doubt;
A sinful soul I come to Him,
He'll never cast me out.

Chorus:

My heart is leaning on the Word,
The living Word of God,
Salvation by my Savior's Name,
Salvation through His blood.

Chorus:

My great Physician heals the sick,
The lost He came to save;
For me His precious blood He shed,
For me His life He gave.

Chorus.
thanks bros, but I will suggest since d devotional is meant for 2morrow. Its best you post 2morow d day is meant for
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 26/08/16 by dallyemmy: 12:42pm On Aug 26, 2016
How I wish I have enough time to do that!
4reala:
thanks bros, but I will suggest since d devotional is meant for 2morrow. Its best you post 2morow d day is meant for
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 26/08/16 by dallyemmy: 12:45pm On Aug 26, 2016
Prayer Points on Today's Open Heavens: ( Friday, August 26th, 2016) - THREE DIMENSIONAL WICKEDNESS
1.Thank you Father for the salvation of my soul and the grace to be counted among the living.
2.Father, in anyway, l have rebelled against your commandments and authority, please, have mercy and forgive me.
3.Father, whenever, temptations shall come my way, please, make a way of escape for me.
4.Father, deliver me from the lust of the eyes, lust of the flesh and the pride of life.
5.Father, arise and scatter every wicked plot of the enemies against my life and destiny.
6.Father, let every wicked imagination and thought against me wither from the source.
7.Father, as from now on, let every decision and steps that l take be informed and ordered by the Holy Spirit.
8.Father, let every spirit of complacency and lukewarmness, that have crept into your church be destroyed in Jesus' name.
9.Father, give me the grace to stand firm and be counted for Jesus, no matter the level of wickedness, immorality and apostasy, in the world, in Jesus' name.
10.Father, let every wicked arrow targeted at me and my family, go back to the sender, in Jesus' name.
11.Father, whenever, the wicked shall come against me like a flood, raise a standard, against them, from heaven, in Jesus' name.
12.Your Personal petitions. ( Phil 4:6)
13.In Jesus' name I pray.
(Jn 14:13-14; 15:16)
14.Thank you Father for answered prayers.
(1 Thes 5:18).
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 26/08/16 by 4reala(m): 1:00pm On Aug 26, 2016
dallyemmy:
How I wish I have enough time to do that!
what am saying is dat its better to send d days own for dat day, instead of sending 2morrows own for 2day

(1) (Reply)

Pastor E.A Adeboye Releases Prayer Points For 2017 Fasting And Prayer / Is This Prophecy By Prophet TBJoshua Coming To Pass? / I Will Lead Biafra Agitation-rev Fr. Mbaka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.