Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,921 members, 7,817,697 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

How I Was Robbed This Morning By A "One Chance" Syndicate - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Was Robbed This Morning By A "One Chance" Syndicate (20216 Views)

Exotic Vehicles Recovered From Car Snatching Syndicate In Anambra State. Photos / How I Was Saved From Ritualists After Entering 'One Chance' In Lagos -Lady. PIC / 'One Chance' Syndicate Caught In Rivers (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Was Robbed This Morning By A "One Chance" Syndicate by rayval(m): 6:31pm On Aug 29, 2016
Emmanueloy:
Today 25th august, I got to Ojota, bus stop around 5:00am waiting for a bus going to Ojuelegba, which is close to my workstation. After like 3 minutes, I heard a guy from a normal yellow danfo bus calling "Ojuelelgba" and as expected I hopped in, along with a Police Officer. Another person boarded some few metres away and the journey continued.
And just like a film scene, i discovered everyone in the bus (about 8 of them) are part of the "one chance" crew, you know what I mean and this included the supposed Policeman. They told me to sit on the floor, searched my bag as if their lives depended on it, took my atm cards and mobile phone. They requested for my pin under the threat of a gun and i obliged. Funny part, they had a POS machine to verify my pin. Alas, it was correct and right there they started sharing the loot, electronically. All these happened while the bus moved at break-neck speed. I even begged them to give me my SIM but they didn't.
Anyway, I thank God cos I wasn't hurt at all, they dropped me around Mushin and sped off in the dark. I got a glimpse of the plate number LAGOS-JJJ-86-something something sha.
I believe God had a purpose for everything that happens to man. I have blocked my SIM and ATM card this morning ASAP.

I'm not a fan of front page stuff but i hope this info will help some commuters and warn them about these criminals here in Lagos. Even when you see an alleged "staff", it does not guarantee the safety of the bus. Only God can protect.

Tracking those guys..can be easy sha...do you have any idea the kinda pos they used?..if so...give good description let me see if I can help track..pos txns re nt hidden from d banks.
Re: How I Was Robbed This Morning By A "One Chance" Syndicate by worlexy(m): 6:58pm On Aug 29, 2016
SirDavico:

My thoughts exactly. But one might get hurt if these miscreants get disappointed.
it's not as if you won't have money in the account now, you won't just keep all your life savings in an account that you have its ATM card
Re: How I Was Robbed This Morning By A "One Chance" Syndicate by Saicology212: 7:02pm On Aug 29, 2016
Since the loot was shared electronically, it is possible the destination accounts can be traced. Don't dull yourself OP.
Re: How I Was Robbed This Morning By A "One Chance" Syndicate by flosk: 7:31pm On Aug 29, 2016
Some one too shared a similar experience of a friend that took place last week Wednesday.

Details: boarded bus at Iponri alongside a couple with some other people in the bus including some one was continually called OFFICER

They had a particular gun similar to that of a police, they had knives, pistol etc

They lady was robbed of 100k and was also smooched
She was dropped off later on
Re: How I Was Robbed This Morning By A "One Chance" Syndicate by seenter84: 7:51pm On Aug 29, 2016
One chance can never end. That ojota bus stop na their head quarter once e don dark for that place. One needs to be very careful of them but lagos is to choked. Everyone can simply just own their own vehicle. Till today when ever I enter danfo I day get post trauma stress disorder of the effect. God help us for this cruel world
Re: How I Was Robbed This Morning By A "One Chance" Syndicate by sunnyeinstein(m): 8:22pm On Aug 29, 2016
Everyone could be a victim o, but one thing i feel we can do to minimise d consequence of this evil fate on our finance is simple...

-- Have two accounts- one major and minor respectively.
-- Move all ur money to the major and leave max 5k for d minor acc.
-- ensure you subscribe to mobile banking and only move around with the ATM of the minor acc everytime... especially when you hav to leave home as early as 5-6:30am (that's their major operation period).
-- if ever u need more than the amount in ur minor acc, all u need do is transfer from major to minor, use d atm and carry out ur transaction n still leave dat 5k for d minor acc because dese pple no go like if demno see anytin 4 d atm u giv dem oo, na hospital beatin dem go giv u oo.

God go dey protect us all iJn, Amen.
Re: How I Was Robbed This Morning By A "One Chance" Syndicate by xymmie01: 8:49pm On Aug 29, 2016
Abeg dis story self, I no belif am......altho 1 chance is real, bt dis account is a fabricated 1, read btw the line pals............Y u block ur sim Y u go block ur ATM wen dem don share d money finish....., Y u no tell police, Y bank no advice u on wat to do especially dis 1 dat POS is involved, Y u no complete d plate-number of d moto so dat commuters will b watchful and b on a look-out........I might sound wield and different......

1 Like

Re: How I Was Robbed This Morning By A "One Chance" Syndicate by MrCEO69(m): 8:54pm On Aug 29, 2016
Emmanueloy:
Today 25th august, I got to Ojota, bus stop around 5:00am waiting for a bus going to Ojuelegba, which is close to my workstation. After like 3 minutes, I heard a guy from a normal yellow danfo bus calling "Ojuelelgba" and as expected I hopped in, along with a Police Officer. Another person boarded some few metres away and the journey continued.
And just like a film scene, i discovered everyone in the bus (about 8 of them) are part of the "one chance" crew, you know what I mean and this included the supposed Policeman. They told me to sit on the floor, searched my bag as if their lives depended on it, took my atm cards and mobile phone. They requested for my pin under the threat of a gun and i obliged. Funny part, they had a POS machine to verify my pin. Alas, it was correct and right there they started sharing the loot, electronically. All these happened while the bus moved at break-neck speed. I even begged them to give me my SIM but they didn't.
Anyway, I thank God cos I wasn't hurt at all, they dropped me around Mushin and sped off in the dark. I got a glimpse of the plate number LAGOS-JJJ-86-something something sha.
I believe God had a purpose for everything that happens to man. I have blocked my SIM and ATM card this morning ASAP.

I'm not a fan of front page stuff but i hope this info will help some commuters and warn them about these criminals here in Lagos. Even when you see an alleged "staff", it does not guarantee the safety of the bus. Only God can protect.

Shey u know u could v reach ur bank and tell them to track does pple. Dey transferred moni into their own diff acct right. They can be traced.
Re: How I Was Robbed This Morning By A "One Chance" Syndicate by UndisputedBosom(m): 9:21pm On Aug 29, 2016
sean079:

Better option is to have 2 bank account, one with atm n other without atm. Launch both account on internet or online banking. Account without atm should be official deposit. When u need cash just transfer on spot to the atm account n easily make your withdrawal. Dont leave cash unnecessarily inside the atm account.

Good idea....but the layman can't transact in such way cry
Re: How I Was Robbed This Morning By A "One Chance" Syndicate by Emmanueloy(m): 10:09pm On Aug 29, 2016
Thanks for the replies and suggestions. Just like I said, I've gotten a police report to ensure the investigation is done ASAP.
Only God can protect, It really feels bad whenever I reminisce on the incident.
Re: How I Was Robbed This Morning By A "One Chance" Syndicate by Emmanueloy(m): 10:16pm On Aug 29, 2016
You need to obtain an affidavit from a court before you can get a police report. I got the affidavit for 1k. the police report is meant to be free but you gotta drop them a 'token'. Im my own case, I parted with 1k.
ladyF:

Abeg how much did it cost you to get a police report? And how long did it take?
Re: How I Was Robbed This Morning By A "One Chance" Syndicate by ladyF(f): 10:22pm On Aug 29, 2016
Emmanueloy:
You need to obtain an affidavit from a court before you can get a police report. I got the affidavit for 1k. the police report is meant to be free but you gotta drop them a 'token'. Im my own case, I parted with 1k.
Alright, thanks much!
Re: How I Was Robbed This Morning By A "One Chance" Syndicate by Emmanueloy(m): 10:26pm On Aug 29, 2016
You're welcome. I didn't spend more than 30 minutes to get the police report.
The only thing that may take 'forever' is the process of investigation.
ladyF:

Alright, thanks much!
Re: How I Was Robbed This Morning By A "One Chance" Syndicate by ladyF(f): 10:59pm On Aug 29, 2016
Emmanueloy:
You're welcome. I didn't spend more than 30 minutes to get the police report.
The only thing that may take 'forever' is the process of investigation.
Eeyah...all the best dear... cry
Re: How I Was Robbed This Morning By A "One Chance" Syndicate by AndyAustin(m): 11:54pm On Aug 29, 2016
I admire your courage bro.
Re: How I Was Robbed This Morning By A "One Chance" Syndicate by gonkraziiiiii: 11:57pm On Aug 29, 2016
U can catch dem somehow...d money was transffered...p.o.s doesn't send money immediately...it takes till d next day for d money to drop in their acct...u wld have gone to d bank to block d transfer ......and also if d money has been debited from ur acct,get ur statement for d transfer details...what bank,who runs d acct....go to d bank n tell d manager ur bring hell down if he doesn't use scope to get d acct owners for u and always be a friend to ur acct officer....he.cld av done something immediately
Re: How I Was Robbed This Morning By A "One Chance" Syndicate by edelweiss(f): 1:07am On Aug 30, 2016
worlexy:
Hmmm, nawa o, they are now going around with POS? Na 2 have more than one bank accounts sure pass be that o, the one with your main savings should not have an ATM card linked to it, the one with money to keep body and soul together should be the one to have ATM card to access. #JustThinkingAloud undecided
sure oooo where the main money dey i dont even have Internet banking on it self! I dont carry my atm when i have reasonable cash in that account.
Re: How I Was Robbed This Morning By A "One Chance" Syndicate by FabioPeter: 5:03am On Aug 30, 2016
If a POS was used, I suppose the money goes to an account with a BVN. That means there is a good chance the thief can be caught.
Please remind me, did the BVN registration include biometric details?

1 Like

Re: How I Was Robbed This Morning By A "One Chance" Syndicate by ceejay80s(m): 6:44am On Aug 30, 2016
i am a victim too.....

in 2005 and in january 2015,

it was like a thriller movie,

now i dey look bus wella befor i enter, i no mind dey bustop 3 hours
Re: How I Was Robbed This Morning By A "One Chance" Syndicate by heffem(m): 7:15am On Aug 30, 2016
abimbawealth:
Choi, sorry op

You'll recover all
...How?
Re: How I Was Robbed This Morning By A "One Chance" Syndicate by worlexy(m): 7:52am On Aug 30, 2016
edelweiss:
sure oooo where the main money dey i dont even have Internet banking on it self! I dont carry my atm when i have reasonable cash in that account.
But what if you travel on a weekend and you need cash?
Re: How I Was Robbed This Morning By A "One Chance" Syndicate by UIA04(f): 8:27am On Aug 30, 2016
NameChecker:

Don't you believe what he wrote
Re: How I Was Robbed This Morning By A "One Chance" Syndicate by syntekelite(m): 12:13pm On Aug 30, 2016
Emmanueloy:

have noticed most one chance happenings is early mornin and late night...peeps shjld just find alternate source of transport at those vunerable times..or wait til daylight to go to work and late at nite board a taxi..the costs are bearable than losing once life or legs or arms..
Re: How I Was Robbed This Morning By A "One Chance" Syndicate by SirDavico(m): 3:05pm On Aug 30, 2016
worlexy:
it's not as if you won't have money in the account now, you won't just keep all your life savings in an account that you have its ATM card

Ok....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Murder: Man Kills Lover Over Baby In Onitsha(Picture) / NDLEA Arrests 2 Suspects With 16.65kg Of Cocaine At Lagos Airport / Policemen Allegedly Kill Akure Woman Politician During Scuffle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.