Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,794 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:04 PM

Prison, A Good Experience - Joachin Iroko, Who Named Dog Buhari - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Prison, A Good Experience - Joachin Iroko, Who Named Dog Buhari (21877 Views)

Joachim Iroko, Man Who Named Dog Buhari Appears In Court (Pics) / Joachim Iroko In Court For Naming His Dog Buhari (Photos) / Joachim Chinakwe Who Named His Dog "Buhari" - "My Life Is In Danger" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prison, A Good Experience - Joachin Iroko, Who Named Dog Buhari by BeeBeeOoh(m): 2:39am On Aug 26, 2016
ABEOKUTA—Joachin Iroko, the man who named his dog Buhari and was arraigned for conduct likely to cause breach of peace has finally regained freedom, four days after he was remanded in Ibara Prisons in Abeokuta, Ogun State.

Iroko, 40, a father of two and a native of Delta State was arraigned on Monday before an Ota Magistrate’s Court, Ogun State, on a two-count charge and was subsequently granted bail in the sum of N50,000 with two sureties, who must be regular tax payers in the state, in like sum.

However, the accused could not perfect the bail conditions until yesterday. Iroko, who spoke with newsmen shortly after he left the prison ward in Abeokuta, described his experience as good and educative. When asked how he felt after leaving the prison yard, he said: “I am so happy. It is a joy to me. I have missed my family; that was most painful.

“Prison is a place to experienced in one’s life. It is like a rehabilitation home: you learn many things there and there are many people you may not have the opportunity to talk to. “But in prison, you will sit down with them and discuss. There are many things you take for granted, but when you go to prison you know there is law.

“The only thing I am regretting about my coming to prison is the intimidation from the Hausa community. Going to prison is a golden moment for me.”

[b]‘I have Obama, Joe’

Explaining why he named his dog Buhari, he said: “As a matter of fact, they misunderstood me. I have three dogs: one bears Obama, one bears Joe, an abbreviation of my name. The third is named Buhari.

“I named these dogs after my role models. My late dog was named after Nelson Mandela. I don’t just give any name to my dogs. I give reputable names to my dogs. It is love I have for Buhari; he is my role model.

“Buhari is not the President of the North. He is the President of Nigeria. I see no reason why Northerners should intimidate me: Nigeria is one. “I see no reason why they will be intimidating me. It is my right to name my dog any name.

“Thank God, I have regained my freedom. The most painful thing is the way they treated my dog. I am not happy that they killed my dog, while I was in detention. “It is my dog, it is my pet. I love my dogs. They have no right to kill my dog.

“Nigerians should know that there are other dogs in other areas that bear Jack as name. Why is Buhari so special. It is a name that has been existing for several years.”

Matters took a funny twist when Iroko was stranded after he was released, as he did not have transport fare to go to his Sango residence.
[/b]

‘Buhari must be having a good laugh’

Meanwhile, the Senior Special Assistant to President Muhammadu Buhari on Media and Publicity, Mallam Garba Shehu, has said the President must be having a good laugh over the dog saga.

Garba Shehu tweeted: “People should listen to the real story behind this dog incident and not waste precious time seeking the hand of the President in a laughable incident!

“President Buhari must be having a good laugh over this whole thing, as it is cheap and sensational to say he can order a police action against a caricature.”

He further tweeted that anybody linking Buhari to the dog incident is displaying ignorance.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/prison-good-experience-says-man-named-dog-buhari/

Re: Prison, A Good Experience - Joachin Iroko, Who Named Dog Buhari by waleadex(m): 2:45am On Aug 26, 2016
After his prison experience, this man may not stop naming his other pets after big names in Nigeria.

10 Likes

Re: Prison, A Good Experience - Joachin Iroko, Who Named Dog Buhari by smellingmenses: 2:47am On Aug 26, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Prison, A Good Experience - Joachin Iroko, Who Named Dog Buhari by bosschinalu(m): 2:55am On Aug 26, 2016
Na Cell you enter, If you enter prison, make bugs and mosquito bite you.. you mouth go close

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prison, A Good Experience - Joachin Iroko, Who Named Dog Buhari by Bitterleafsoup: 2:55am On Aug 26, 2016
GEJ was “a pig” per Mr. Japhet Omojuwa, Mama Peace was called "hipoppotamus" by double face Wole Soyinka, from that they abused her constantly online.

This is the worst administration ever, Nigeria has been invaded by people that have vowed to destroy her.

92 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prison, A Good Experience - Joachin Iroko, Who Named Dog Buhari by lionduke(m): 3:30am On Aug 26, 2016
He further tweeted that anybody linking Buhari to the dog incident is displaying ignorance
During the inception of the current regime, everything that happened in Nigeria was attributed to buhari's body language. Nothing has changed mr garba shege, your oga is a bloody tyrant.

79 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Prison, A Good Experience - Joachin Iroko, Who Named Dog Buhari by Jayceo(m): 3:32am On Aug 26, 2016
It is high time Intelligent,Patriotic Youths with the interest of Nigerias growth at heart start getting involved. We can't leave the state of Nigeria in the hands of this same criminals we keep recycling.Lets join together and take back our country. Imagine 100,000 youths contribute 50,000 that's already 5 billion naira enough for campaign among other things. We can either assemble a strong force or Join a notable party with the interest of the Nation screened by us. Enough of the Nairaland compalaining and social media rants. Lets get to work youths of Nigeria. The power is in our hands.Lets Restructure the Fiscal federalism of this Nation and Make it great.

Note:- By youths I don't mean small minded,corrupt, tribalistic, visionless youths

To gain more insight on this please go through this thread https://www.nairaland.com/3274457/calling-all-nigerian-youths

4 Likes

Re: Prison, A Good Experience - Joachin Iroko, Who Named Dog Buhari by ificatchmodeh: 3:33am On Aug 26, 2016
grin

This man still dey provoke....
Bubu don position am..

Com the change mouth.. undecided
For three days..no shehu Garba.. as the man show...Garba show..

Bubu I hail o..

3 Likes

Re: Prison, A Good Experience - Joachin Iroko, Who Named Dog Buhari by nrexzy: 3:47am On Aug 26, 2016
Jail Don restore him brain 2 default...

10 Likes

Re: Prison, A Good Experience - Joachin Iroko, Who Named Dog Buhari by Standing5(m): 4:03am On Aug 26, 2016
It isn't hard to see why Fela's fame grew under Buhari govt.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prison, A Good Experience - Joachin Iroko, Who Named Dog Buhari by thesicilian: 4:44am On Aug 26, 2016
This is simply a case of northern intimidation, nothing else. The man did nothing wrong under the law.

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prison, A Good Experience - Joachin Iroko, Who Named Dog Buhari by YorubaFynest: 4:46am On Aug 26, 2016
thesicilian:
This is simply a case of northern intimidation, note else. The man did nothing wrong under the law.

Try your hatred in the North or SE, leave Yorubaland out of it.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prison, A Good Experience - Joachin Iroko, Who Named Dog Buhari by agwom(m): 4:47am On Aug 26, 2016
cry
Re: Prison, A Good Experience - Joachin Iroko, Who Named Dog Buhari by Nobody: 4:55am On Aug 26, 2016
He should be re-arrested and locked up for life

1 Like

Re: Prison, A Good Experience - Joachin Iroko, Who Named Dog Buhari by tit(f): 5:04am On Aug 26, 2016
YorubaFynest:

bigot,
why are you trying to tribalize this philosophical thread?
are you a fulani masquerading as a yoruba?

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Prison, A Good Experience - Joachin Iroko, Who Named Dog Buhari by thesicilian: 5:28am On Aug 26, 2016
YorubaFynest:

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prison, A Good Experience - Joachin Iroko, Who Named Dog Buhari by joseph1832(m): 7:08am On Aug 26, 2016
Bitterleafsoup:

GEJ was “a pig” per Mr. Japhet Omojuwa, Mama Peace was called "hipoppotamus" by double face Wole Soyinka, from that they abused her constantly online.

This is the worst administration ever, Nigeria has been invaded by people that have vowed to destroy her.
Well at least they didn't name their dogs Jonathan or Patience, did they?

4 Likes

Re: Prison, A Good Experience - Joachin Iroko, Who Named Dog Buhari by QuotaSystem: 8:04am On Aug 26, 2016
The ugly duckling has learnt a lesson or two in peaceful coexistence and the cost of indiscretion.

There is nothing wrong or criminal in naming a dog whatever one likes, but inscribing the name on the dogs body shows a conscious intention to spite and cause rancor & public disorder.

How many more love letters did he write in prison after the one he wrote declaring undying love for Buhari when after was arrested? Full brain reset complete.

Many will be wiser. God bless the President.

13 Likes

Re: Prison, A Good Experience - Joachin Iroko, Who Named Dog Buhari by Nobody: 8:06am On Aug 26, 2016
Prison a good experience undecided wait till u see urself in kirikiri... Lookin for fame by all means mtcheew

2 Likes

Re: Prison, A Good Experience - Joachin Iroko, Who Named Dog Buhari by eleko1: 8:07am On Aug 26, 2016
sad make he add am to his cv.Did he leave a graffiti IROKO WAS HERE on the prison wall? undecided sad make he add am to his cv.Did he leave a graffiti IROKO WAS HERE on the prison wall?

1 Like

Re: Prison, A Good Experience - Joachin Iroko, Who Named Dog Buhari by ThaPatriot(m): 8:07am On Aug 26, 2016
Well if you say Buhari is your role model, then i have nafin to say.

1 Like

Re: Prison, A Good Experience - Joachin Iroko, Who Named Dog Buhari by Firefire(m): 8:07am On Aug 26, 2016
Bitterleafsoup:

8 Likes

Re: Prison, A Good Experience - Joachin Iroko, Who Named Dog Buhari by Lawcurrent(m): 8:09am On Aug 26, 2016
I don wake oh, watin be this one. this morning go beta

1 Like

Re: Prison, A Good Experience - Joachin Iroko, Who Named Dog Buhari by iOluwaMichael(m): 8:09am On Aug 26, 2016
joseph1832:
Well at least they didn't name their dogs Jonathan or Patience, did they?
But someone named a goat Jonathan and even hung a card bearing the inscription on its neck.

6 Likes

Re: Prison, A Good Experience - Joachin Iroko, Who Named Dog Buhari by iyke484real(m): 8:10am On Aug 26, 2016
If almighty Jesus Christ was named the lion of the tribe of Judea, who the Bleep is buhari not to be named after a dog

Make person hear word jare ...

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prison, A Good Experience - Joachin Iroko, Who Named Dog Buhari by jazinogold(m): 8:11am On Aug 26, 2016
grin grin grin
Re: Prison, A Good Experience - Joachin Iroko, Who Named Dog Buhari by justicejay(m): 8:13am On Aug 26, 2016
NBA should take up this man case...
There is no place in the world that restrict you from name ur pet a certain name.
What happened to people that has been naming dia pet lucky, goodluck, jack, messi, d maria, ronaldo e.t.c, people name their pet after heros has he said. Am just disappointed in him for thinking buhari is a hero and savior too, see where his loyalty to buhari has landed him .
Am sick of this failed country

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prison, A Good Experience - Joachin Iroko, Who Named Dog Buhari by vickertony(m): 8:13am On Aug 26, 2016
searchiing4love:
He should be re-arrested and locked up for life
Just Look at yourself!!!!

My friend stop Hating for no reason.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prison, A Good Experience - Joachin Iroko, Who Named Dog Buhari by omonla10(m): 8:13am On Aug 26, 2016
I still believe the Npf saved his life by arresting him.. He might have been killed by now.. Never underestimate the thinking of those Muslim fanatics or hausas.. In my over 30 years of existence I have never seen a name inscribed on dog.. He did it to spite them.. Qed..

My judgment :: he fully deserved what he got..

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Prison, A Good Experience - Joachin Iroko, Who Named Dog Buhari by AuroraB(f): 8:13am On Aug 26, 2016
This man, na public yard you dey breed dogs like this angry
If not your very own home, you a trouble-maker angry. Haba! How many dogs and he's regretfully talking of a late one undecided. I'm sure they all ekuke sad

3 Likes

Re: Prison, A Good Experience - Joachin Iroko, Who Named Dog Buhari by HRich(m): 8:13am On Aug 26, 2016
I wouldn't want to meet my Dasuki in Prison,
God please send me my Dasuki now not in Prison
I wouldn't want to meet my Helper/God in prison
I want to meet them in free land
Thunder Fire prison, How about Buhari "the Dog" who have been feeding him

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do Dogs Have Supernatural Senses? / ..::100% Purebreed Rottweiler puppies for sale(Pictures) / Got Myself A New Puppy Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.