Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,540 members, 7,812,683 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:31 PM

And Then....i Found GOD - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / And Then....i Found GOD (505 Views)

Man Who Turned Against God, Became An Atheist Found God Again After Many Years / How An Atheist Found God. A True Account From A Former Atheist / How I Found God: Marilyn Adamson (ex-atheist) Shares Her Experience. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

And Then....i Found GOD by RCINC: 9:19am On Aug 26, 2016
How I may have found my way
I usually tell people I was not born a Christian, I was born into a Christian home.
Growing up, I hated going to church, there was always something irksome about the long service and expected righteousness
When I was thirteen, I got warned by an usher never to wear my trousers into the church premises again
I hated skirts, so I never went back
When I was fourteen I slept like a fool at the front row of a redeem church, I never went back.
I however became a Christian in my early university days
Its easy to get roped into religion and church as a fresher in the university very easy because at some point I found myself winning souls for the church too
When I got into the university, I got roped into a church and I started attending services
I became a Christian, a choice I made on my own
I never attended an altar call, I just made up my mind to be a Christian and my service in the house of God begun
You see, the certain church I worshipped in was a campus ministry that never acted like one.
The members almost had to do all that a normal church would do (this isn't a criticism) so we all served in departments of our choice, we did everything to the best of our ability to serve
I did everything to the best of my ability to serve
I remembered being warned a couple of times about my 'pride'
"Swallow your pride, Adora" I couldn't see my pride but by God I would have jugged it down faster than a cold glass of milk if I could
And while I gulped down lumps and lumps of everything that came with service to God, I was still at some time advised to swallow my pride
I was advised to quit being stubborn
I asked a lot of questions, I ask a lot of questions, questions that didn't go down well with the asked
"All these people here, do you consider yourself better than them?"
"You need to listen more"
At a point I stopped asking, and started listening.
To cut the long story short, I fell out of the ministry, the unexpected happened and I walked away.
When I left, I was broken, shattered beyond repair, I had lost myself to those people to pleasing them to the church
So I wandered from church to church and I couldn't find myself anymore
The Nigerian parents are not the only group of people we should worry about in terms of upbringing, we should worry about the church and some religious leaders too
Don't get me wrong I mean no disrespect, the church is a wonderful place to be but when the church starts telling you to ask lesser questions and just buy their gist
When they tell you to lose your self esteem so that others who lack can interact with you
When they make you bow under pressures and lose your principles with reason its time to be worried about the system
After one tortuous year of leaving the church, leaving God, going back, and leaving again, I found God.
I found God where I least expected on my bed on a certain night, in my room.
I found him, and I found him easily too
That day I realised what it meant to be called a child of God
I communed with him and I understood him
God is everywhere, in everything, can you see him?
Because I can, because I always will.
Service to God would be the greatest thing that would happen to man, and the best way to serve God is to serve humanity, is to serve your positive passions, to serve your goals and aspirations, to live fulfilling your desires knowing that in the end you have fought a good fight.
You might clean the chairs all you want
You might sow your seeds all your want
You might beat the drums all you want
You might usher the crowd all you want
Without true service to God from within,
without the love for the next man you tag a sinner,
without the absence of fear to chase those dreams
Without the audacity to live this life
Who would you be fooling?
God is in everyone and everything, can you see him?
If yes, I suppose you have peace the depth of eternity
If no, why not find him?

Check out: www.theadoraweb.

1 Like

Re: And Then....i Found GOD by Nobody: 9:24am On Aug 26, 2016
If yhu found God....am happy for yhu. I on the other hand needs to...
Re: And Then....i Found GOD by RCINC: 9:32am On Aug 26, 2016
Hiroto:

Keep seeking, You don't need religion to find God...you need a heart full of thirst for him, he will reveal himself to you.
Re: And Then....i Found GOD by Nobody: 9:37am On Aug 26, 2016
RCINC:

Keep seeking, You don't need religion to find God...you need a heart full of thirst for him, he will reveal himself to you.
I have found the path many a times but keep losing track of it... I feel frustrated now
Re: And Then....i Found GOD by winner01(m): 10:53am On Aug 26, 2016
Hiroto:
And you will in Jesus Name.
Feel free to pm me.
Re: And Then....i Found GOD by Nobody: 11:19am On Aug 26, 2016
winner01:
And you will in Jesus Name. Feel free to pm me.
Alright, thanks sir
Re: And Then....i Found GOD by Anas09: 12:13pm On Aug 26, 2016
Hiroto:
I have found the path many a times but keep losing track of it... I feel frustrated now
Oh, pls don't be. He sees your heart, He sees your deaire.
Stop trying to do it by youraelf. Pls get everyone, I mean Pastors or any one else out of your focus. Tell the holy spirit how you feel.

What do you want? tell him in those plain terms.
Ask for an encounter, "Lord, that i may know you". Let this be your desire. 0
Re: And Then....i Found GOD by Anas09: 12:14pm On Aug 26, 2016
winner01:
And you will in Jesus Name.
Feel free to pm me.
Hello bros, good day
Re: And Then....i Found GOD by An2elect2(f): 12:34pm On Aug 26, 2016
According to the Op
and the best way to serve God is to
serve humanity, is to serve your positive passions, to
serve your goals and aspirations, to live fulfilling your
desires knowing that in the end you have fought a
good fight

hmm. If i am to test this in the light of scriptures, it is wrong especially since we are supposed to be dead in Christ.

Hopefully the Holy spirit will correct this if indeed God found the Op

(1) (Reply)

My Sweet Plappville Keep Up D Good Work In Spreading Islam In Style / Christians Please Do Not Ignore This:Interesting Facts About This September 2016 / Major Causes Of Failure In Life (Lucky Douglas Atafo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.