Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,849 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

House help! What is the solution to Toyota Corolla Displaying Check Engine. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / House help! What is the solution to Toyota Corolla Displaying Check Engine. (724 Views)

Top 6 Reasons Your Check Engine Light May Be On And Also Blinking / Please How Much Its Cost To Change To Toyota Corolla 2006 Shock Absorber / Top Reasons Why Your Car Check Engine Light Is On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

House help! What is the solution to Toyota Corolla Displaying Check Engine. by Oti4truth: 1:49am On Aug 27, 2016
Good day Sir/Ma,
My car Toyota Corolla 1999 model is displaying check engine light on the dash board each time I ignite the engine. Though, the engine was first lifted from the body and was placed back in which the vehicle worked normally. A week later, the engine has to be lifted second time to remove one 17 inch bolt that got broken which we were unable to remove the first time the engine was lifted. However, the engine was service with Mobil 1000 xp after it has been placed back. When I started the engine, the check logo just appeared on the dash board which am not happy with because I thought perhaps my mechanic has forgot to fixed the engine properly. Please, what could have been the causes of this? And what can I do to resolve it? Note I just service the engine with Mobil 1000 Xp for the first time because I have been using Total oil to service the before. Thanks. Help me share your ideas on this issue pls
Re: House help! What is the solution to Toyota Corolla Displaying Check Engine. by cardoctor(m): 5:33am On Aug 27, 2016
Your engine oil type has nothing to do with it for now. What you need to do is a simple diagnostic scan. It will reveal the hidden code/s that triggered the check engine light.
Re: House help! What is the solution to Toyota Corolla Displaying Check Engine. by Oti4truth: 6:22am On Aug 27, 2016
cardoctor:
Your engine oil type has nothing to do with it for now. What you need to do is a simple diagnostic scan. It will reveal the hidden code/s that triggered the check engine light.
Thanks for your response. But is there any other things I can do manually to make the check engine light disappear?
Re: House help! What is the solution to Toyota Corolla Displaying Check Engine. by gbeseun(m): 11:01am On Aug 27, 2016
take ur mind away from it because it doesn't disturb u from driving.else d codes will bring h p to u ooo
Re: House help! What is the solution to Toyota Corolla Displaying Check Engine. by jidesam168(m): 11:12am On Aug 28, 2016
I use thesame car, when mine shows that icon my mechanic change the oil sensor at the front lower side of the engine, i never changed the oil for a long time, now the icon is off and the car is kul.

(1) (Reply)

Why Does One Tire Wear Faster Than The Others / Thorium Powered Vehicles – Could Run For 100 Years Without Refuelling! / Please Help My Grand Cherokee Jeep 2005 Model, ABS Warning Light On Dashboard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.