Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,884 members, 7,828,142 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

Trump Hopes To Accomplish Two Objectives - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump Hopes To Accomplish Two Objectives (470 Views)

Pakistan’s Only Declared Jew Hopes To ‘chase Away The Darkness’ / Putin Congratulates Trump, Hopes To Work On Intl Issues – Kremlin / Ngtrendfact: Top Objectives For President Trump, Leaps Before Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trump Hopes To Accomplish Two Objectives by akelicious(m): 6:27am On Aug 27, 2016
This was supposed to be the new – new! – Donald Trump, the more temperate Republican candidate who
had emerged in the past two weeks seeking to broaden his appeal to a more diverse electorate.But with the presidential election just two-and-a-half months away, Americans seem decidedly unimpressed by this latest in a long series of tweaks, turns and transformations.The White House hopeful has been more disciplined in form, reading from prepared speeches and focusing his fire on his Democratic opponent Hillary Clinton, pounding away at the theme that donors to the Clinton Foundation charity were given special access to the then-secretary of state and her aides.And in terms of substance, he has polished his message, spending more time on the economy and reaching out to minority voters, particularly blacks and Hispanics.By picians have run nearly every inner-city in America for 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100 years. Their policies have produced only more poverty, total joblessness, and failing schools,” Trump said Thursday in New Hampshire.She doesn’t care. She’s too busy raking in cash from people and rigging the system and taking the African American vote and the Hispanic vote and saying, ‘We’re going to do a great job.’ And right after the election, it’s ‘bye-bye, I’ll see you in four years.'”Whether this offensive bears fruit may not become clear for a few weeks. Polls so far show Clinton doing a bit better among minorities even than Barack Obama did in 2012, with support from more than three in four voters, according to a new Quinnipiac Poll.
But it seems unlikely that minority voters will forget the xenophobic vitriol of the past year in just a few weeks.“I have not encountered a presidential candidate since George Wallace whose very name causes minorities to cringe as much,” Sabato said, referring to the late Alabama governor who once said he stood for racial segregation “forever.”“It’s just widespread — African Americans, Hispanic Americans, Asian Americans, Muslim Americans — and that’s 30 percent of the electorate in November. He will be lucky — and I mean lucky — to get 15 percent” of the minority vote.Working-class voters
Read full details at http://www.akelicious.com/2016/08/trump-hopes-to-accomplish-two-objectives.html?m=1

Re: Trump Hopes To Accomplish Two Objectives by agwom(m): 6:31am On Aug 27, 2016
grin
Re: Trump Hopes To Accomplish Two Objectives by uniklinkum(m): 8:00am On Aug 27, 2016
The more he talks on the minority demography, the more his stupidity and bigotry is exposed. The popular what do you have to lose irked more black voters.

2 Likes

Re: Trump Hopes To Accomplish Two Objectives by Lucasbalo(m): 1:03am On Aug 28, 2016
uniklinkum:
The more he talks on the minority demography, the more his stupidity and bigotry is exposed. The popular what do you have to lose irked more black voters.
I am an AfricanAmerican and no way in hell either me or my family will vote for the racist Tramp. He would be lucky to get 1% of Black votes. His campaign is doomed. He will lose the election by a landslide on November 8 and hopefully , he will go away.

(1) (Reply)

Parachutist Dies After Landing In Housing Estate / White House Accused Israel Of A Betrayal Of Trust / Battle For The White House: Trump Lashes Out At Republican Chief Paul Ryan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.