Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,130 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

Beware Of Mlm Schemes : Cdtforever Is In All Likelihood A Scam - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Beware Of Mlm Schemes : Cdtforever Is In All Likelihood A Scam (4608 Views)

Buhari: BDC Is A Scam And Drain To Nigeria / The SCAMMING Schemes Of Krixmas Logistics / Are MLM Schemes Brainwashing Their Marketers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Beware Of Mlm Schemes : Cdtforever Is In All Likelihood A Scam by blackhope: 2:29pm On Dec 14, 2006
***Warning***.
Read this entire message carefully and completely. Do not sign up with this organization (www.cdtforever.com) or other similar Multi-level Marketing (MLM) organization.

A friend of mine asked me to help evaluate an investment opportunity provided by an MLM company(www.cdtforever.com) to see if they were genuine. It didn't take me long to conclude that they were far from genuine. I thought I should also share my thoughts with anyone else requiring similar information - so here goes :-

Beware of MLM schemes in general. Case in point is Canadian Diamond Trade Inc. a business opportunity that purports to generate generous returns (money and diamonds) when you invest in tranches of $100, $500, etc.

Read details on their unscrupulous offer here :-

http://www.pinkcks.com/CDT.html

In my humble opinion, Canadian Diamond Trade is an elaborate illegal MLM scheme created to defraud vulnerable innocent victims of their hard earned financial resources.

To find out more about them do a google search with the phrase "cdtforever scam" - you will hit a plethora of damning matches.

There are a few veiled attempts to refute the allegations that it is indeed a scam, but the sheer volume of allegations are staggering and far outweight the scant rebuttals.

Anyone promoting this fraudulent investment opportunity should be able to render credible answers to a few simple questions :-

1. Who are the company officers - i.e. president, CFO, etc and where is their contact information (coy address, mailing address, etc).?

2. What is the companies business model? I.e. how does the company make money and what is its competitive edge over other competitors.?

3. Who indeed are their competitors and what industry do they operate in?

4. Ask for audited financial statements - after all you need audited financial statements in order to make a sound business/investment decision.?

5. References - you can ask for references but they would likely provided paid references - take with a grain of salt any recommendations from references.

There are many more questions you can ask in order to satisfy yourself about the authenticity or otherwise of this suspect opportunity.

Here is an extract of someones actual experience with this fraudulent "investment" opportunity :-

http://mishkazena./2006/11/14/illegal-pyramid-scheme-targeted-at-md-deaf-people/

I found this at MLM blog and felt that I had to copy and paste this on your website.

“Thomas said on October 16th, 2006 at 11:47 pm:

Canadian Diamond Traders, Inc. founder discovered.

Last Spring I heard about Canadian Diamond Traders, Inc. through my deaf friends and visited their website. The diamond table explained on the website looked kind of authentic to me. I communicated with this deaf person, “Arnold” from Toronto through e-mail. He stated he worked for that company. I asked him who the founder was, and he said there was no founder. The company was founded by a deaf team.

He made such statements as:

* If you have $100 to invest and you know two other people with $100 to invest, you can make $3,000 over and over again;

* You earn commissions by referring other members to the program. When they make a purchase, you get credit for the sales; and

* The more people you directly sponsor, the faster you will cycle out and the more frequently you will cycle. The ideal is to sponsor at least two members as soon as possible.

I invested $100 without two people under me and got $250 in return. My excitement went through the roof. I sent a thank-you note to Arnold, and he said that week would be the hottest week for me if I got 2-4 people under me and invested more. If I invested $1,000 with 2-4 people under me, I would possibly get around $10,000. My temptation increased uncontrolably, and I invested more than that.

For a few weeks after my large investment to the company, I have not received one cent in return from the company. My concerns grew, and I sent over 50 e-mail messages to them. Not one word came to my mailbox from them. I lost my $15,000 to Canadian Diamond Traders, Inc.

My anger of being tricked grew. It took me 5 months to gather deaf victims and work together to trace Arnold and other people who worked at Canadian Diamond Traders, Inc.

I received from several “anonymous” informants that there was no Arnold.

The real person is ARTHUR WIESBLATT. He is deaf.

Wiesblatt was a founder of Canadian Diamond Traders, Inc. He recruited some people to be on the board to collect over $500,000 from the diamond table. None of them got a cut from him. They have no idea where he is now.

It’s a scam. It’s a pyramid scheme. I am now posting warnings all over the net and taking Arthur Wiesblatt to court and reporting their little scam to deaf victims.

Please do not invest your money to Canadian Diamond Traders, Inc. or Arthur Wiesblatt. If you are a victim, join us www.crimebustersnow.com, we will also prepare to file a complaint against Wiesblatt for a very minimal disperment cost with no fees unless you win.

Thomas D.”

BlackHope

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Report ATM Fraud To Central Bank Of Nigeria? / Step-by-step Guide To Making Money From Mobile Apps / Euro To Naira On Black Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.