Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,260 members, 7,818,886 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

A Girl Rejected Me Because I Couldn’t Buy Her A Beer, Today I Own A Brewery - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / A Girl Rejected Me Because I Couldn’t Buy Her A Beer, Today I Own A Brewery (525 Views)

Fulani Herdsman Relaxing With A Bottle Of Beer (Photo) / 20-yr Old Girl Borrows Money From Her Dad To Buy Her Boyfriend A Car As Val Gift / Men Drinking Beer In Lagos Flood (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Girl Rejected Me Because I Couldn’t Buy Her A Beer, Today I Own A Brewery by Slytee(m): 12:25pm On Aug 27, 2016

A Uganda-based billionaire, Dr.Martin aliker is one of the many men who were rejected by women when they had nothing. He sent his audience laughing after recounting how rejection from a girl back when he was a university student because he could not afford to buy her beer, was the birth of his dream to one day own a brewery.

Today, he’s one of the richest people in Uganda who owns shares in East African Breweries, was giving a speech during the recent celebrations of Uganda Breweries Limited (UBL) turning 70, when he recounted the interesting story.

It was back in the late 1940s when taking beer had just become an in-thing. He approached a beautiful girl in a nightclub, but the lady would only have time for him if he could buy her a bottle of beer.

“I was at Makerere and those days there was only one night club, near Clock Tower. I approached this girl and she actually wanted to dance with me. The condition was that I buy a beer.

Back then a beer was only one shilling, but I couldn’t afford it,” the billionaire said as quoted by Matooke Republic.
Speaking during the celebrations held at the Sheraton Kampala Hotel, Aliker said that that disappointing experience roused a will in him to work his way up and one day own a brewery.

“She rejected me because I couldn’t afford a beer but now I have a brewery. That night was my inspiration to be part of a brewery business.

I vowed that one day I had to be involved in making beer,” the 88-year-old mogul told the amused crowd.
He also owns shares in several other companies including Nation Media Group, National Insurance Corporation, Uganda Clays and Stanbic Bank, and has sat in over 40 boards of companies in his home country.

The elder, also a chancellor of Victoria University, is married to Camille who he met in the US when he was a student, and persuaded her to come to Uganda with him.

Success is not final, struggle is a process…what would make the difference eventually is ‘discipline’. -Who knows where that lady is now? #life

Read More @[url]Betamotive.com/girl-rejected-couldnt-buy-beer-today-brewery-dr-martin-aliker[/url]
Re: A Girl Rejected Me Because I Couldn’t Buy Her A Beer, Today I Own A Brewery by Theoritical(m): 12:28pm On Aug 27, 2016
And uve lead many to their early grave. Kudos
Re: A Girl Rejected Me Because I Couldn’t Buy Her A Beer, Today I Own A Brewery by jmichlins(m): 12:57pm On Aug 27, 2016
one girl told me point black that she can't date me cause am not rich. I pray and work hard that one day she will live to regret that her words. Some girls can motivate you in life and this man and me is a living example

(1) (Reply)

Facebook Founder, Mark Zuckerberg Arrives Lagos Nigeria (photos) / What If Everything We've Read About Npower Is So True? / Get $50 (dollars) Daily With Google Adsense. Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.