Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,669 members, 7,823,892 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

Temi (mine) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Temi (mine) (1419 Views)

5 Question No One Can Resist From Starting Conversations -temi Badmus / Million Shades Of Temi (short series) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Temi (mine) by temisaintkenz(f): 2:22pm On Aug 27, 2016
okkk.. Hi guys, I'm a newbie here so I need your cooperation. This is a story that revolved around romance, actions, crime and so many heartbreaking scenes. So sit tight and enjoy the ride with me into my world of imaginations. wink

So guys I need your comments, corrections and criticism. Even though I know there are mountains of errors ranging from typographical to grammatical and that was due to laziness to proofread very well after writing each episode. So, sincere apologies in advance wink Nevertheless I will still appreciate your corrections and comments.

This is a complete work of fiction, any resemblance with anyone dead or alive or occurrence is a pure coincidence. No part of this work can be copied, reproduced or sold without the consent of the author. Anthony Temiloluwa Kenny (saintkenz).
Contact details; whatsapp/call 08031568621 or email temilolukenny@ymail.com

1 Share

Re: Temi (mine) by temisaintkenz(f): 3:27pm On Aug 27, 2016
EPISODE 1

It was 7pm already in the city of Abeokuta, and though the night was matured enough to alter it darkness, but then something was just not right. It was 7pm! For christ sake and the whole street of Pansheke was already desolated. Pansheke area of Abeokuta has been one of the of most busy area, especially with the loud turn out of chunk of students who ramble along the road, and the local market who found the gloomy time as the best time to market their wares.

But now, it was just 7pm and not even a trace of student could be picked or atom of the market women could be seen. Even the trekkers & the commercial vehicles had al gone into extinction. Only the chirp of obviously the birds or the likes could be heard. The skies had given up on the stars & the moon which also born the trace of tiny little cloud. It was a totally weird occurrence at Pansheke that evening.

Meanwhile, at the cross-section of the street, laid a very beautiful and well decorated magnific building . The building with contemporary deco was surrounded with a massive enclosure big enough to be mistaken for Stamford bridge. From the gate towards the house laid a fully adorned lawn with well cultivated and mowed grass on the right and left flank leaving a small passage but broad enough to contain a moving vehicle. The house was a duplex with 10 rooms on the upper floor and a wide sitting room downstairs to greet any visitor. Also, the sitting room contained 2 toilet situated @ right side of it. With a dinning table and chairs siting somewhere in the siting room. LG flat screen stayed glued to d wall facing the entrance with a well-arranged set of home theatre laid consciously on the floor below the flat screen.

“Please dont do this,” Dr Banji whimpered as audible his gut could allow him. He knelt on the floor with his back and shoulder forming a crooked shape, and his head tilted upward revealing hot tears dripping heavily from his eyes with his two palms staying glued to each other like someone praying or pleading vigorously. Notwisthanding, Dr. Banji was doing both to the unknown masked man pointing a black automatic to Derick.

“It is already done doc!” The unknown masked man groaned with a kind of husky voice sending more waves of shivers to run race through Banji's and his son--Dreick’s spine.
“But who are you, & what do you want?” Banji wailed ” You see I’ve got a lot of money you can take away, just don’t do this please!”

Banji again confessed hoping the masked man would succumb, but instead the masked man turned to face Banji with the automatic grasping it more tightly and positioning at Banji’s forehead.

“You want to know Meeee”? The masked man brusquely voiced but still stressed each word especially the “me” part. “Fine!” He continued, “I am your doom! I am the doom you caused on yourself. I am the curse you bestowed on yourself, You’v had enough chance to re-write your fate but you never did. Your myopic mind was already consumed by vanities. Now it so unfortunate but inevitable you will die as a bereaved, with nobody to hold your hand nd nobody to survive you” the masked man spilled, wavering his head in a gesture that depict the humane part of him.

He advanced closely to Banji who had started too pee, while his eyes stayed glued to the man. He could see the macho heavily bestowed on the masked man, coupled with his heftiness and tallness. Also, the strength he reared could easily swop him for a wrestler judging from his athletic body.

“So y oou are the dddoom, the curse?” Banji stuttered, maintaining eyes contact with his doom, subconsciously avoiding Derick, that was gagged down also secreting large volume of salty fluid by his sweat gland through the pores in his skin.

“Yes! I am your doom, I am your curse!”

“POOOOWWW!!”

The blare sound from the automatic filtered into the air and immediately Derick dropped Dead!

“Deeeeeeerrrickkk!!! Noooooo!!!” Banji shrieked, motioned towards his dead son and grasping him with a ton of pain overwhelming him. He couldn't imagine the image of his son lying lifelessly on his own pool of blood.

“I swear I would get back to you evil son of a bitch!” He cursed, positioning his left index finger towards the masked man. However, the masked man only shook his head simultaneously with a pinch of sympathy obviously on masked face. He then advanced towards the exit of the siting room, when he got to the opening of the exit, he stood for some secs and altered his last 8 words which dropped like a bombshell “EXPECT THIS SAME TIME SAME DAY NEXT YEAR—– December 25!"

“Ring Riing Rinnnng” A Nokia lumia blared out the incoming call totally disrupting the silence and jolting up from his nightmare.

“So it was just a dream” Banji voiced out with perspiration pouring off his brow. He was concerned with his dream, and that made him totally oblivious of the strident sound of call notification rendered by his lumia.

However, his subconscious mind vanished when his phone cried out the fourth time, Banji’s head quickly swayed to the flank side where he placed his lumia. It was an unregistered number.

“And who the hell could be calling by the dead of the niqht” he thought, before raising face to check his wall clock.

“12:15″ he muttered,

“hello”

“Yes, hello sir,” the caller responded. “I’m sorry am I up to Derick Olabanji Daniel’s father sir”

“Ohh Yes. And who ammm I I I tta talking with?” Banji stuttered, jolting his back up, moving it away from pillow with eyes furrowed, an action that made him look like he was ready to receive his death penalty.

Though the caller’s voice sounded a deep innocent, notwisthanding he could still sense a kind of greatly hidden form of despair in the caller’s tone.

“Okay sir, what happened was that Derick & I were sleeping sir and all of a sudden I heard a loud cry which actually woke me up, and before I knew it DDdderick……,’ he paused for like secs searching for the best euphemism to present the next word he was about to drop.

“What happend to Derick” Banji voiced coldly but gentle enough to kill his shaky tone, sweat was running all over his body and hand already vibrating like when Nokia 3310 vibrates when set on vibration, his hand still glued to his ear exactly how a plasma television was asked to hug the wall.

“Derick is Dead sir!! The caller eventually dropped the fours words like atomic bomb plaintively.

TO BE CONTINUED ……

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Temi (mine) by bibijay123(f): 2:28am On Aug 28, 2016
Welcome! I am following cheesy
Re: Temi (mine) by temisaintkenz(f): 7:12am On Aug 28, 2016
bibijay123:

thanks thanks @bibijay123. You mind helping me with the register here. I'm a newbie so I dont know how to find my way to do that. smiley
bibijay123:

thanks thanks @bibijay123. You mind helping me with the register here. I'm a newbie so I dont know how to find my way to do that.
Re: Temi (mine) by temisaintkenz(f): 7:13am On Aug 28, 2016
EPISODE 2

“Happy birthday to you My Temi, I wish you long life & prosperity. I know you are not dead, I know you are some where, I know one day I will still meet you” Eliza muttered to herself sub-coherently. She had promised herself she would not die, not until she touch her son again. The fantansy she had conceived for the past 22yrs. Yes! Exactly 22yrs ago her baby was decapacitated from on her on a false medical assertion that the baby suddenly developed hormonal contraction few hours after his birth.

25th of December was the day, and she had kept an illusive feeling that one day, her son would walk up to her make her smile. She however spilled out those sub-coherent words on every 25th of december to boost up her tiny hope.

She knew something was not right when the nurse announced to her about her baby deceased, but she just couldn't probe it out.

“I know you would have grown handsome like your father, tall like him annnnd” she busted into cry. Her husband image had been one of the virus she wished she could just format from her memory, but unfortunately she couldn't as his image had kept hunting her.

“hmmmm” Eliza sighed, as her husband image struck her once again. She knew her husband would not feel a dam itch about where she was right now. Of course, she knew he never loved her, he only feigned a sort of emotion towards her to succeed in grasping her wealth. He mastered her weak point and he shrewd on it.

“You stole me away from mum, you stole me away from my people, hmmm, you make me a nobody! Dami” she wailed

“You eventually broke my heart into debris? I thought you love me Dami?” Eliza had started to weep this time, she couldnt even control the the tears gushind out from her eyes, making it seemed she just lost a close relative to fresh death. She was totally unperturbed by the passerby as she poured out more of her hot liquid from the eyes.

She squinted her eyebrow, and raised her left hand to hover her face. Something she did to prevent her eyes from the scourging sun.The type of sun that shone that afternoon could send cecity to the eyes in a jiffy and might as well burn the body like that of hell fire.(though have never been there and I will never be there)
She tried to use her feeble right hand to dispel the clump of flies flying restlessly to have a taste of the pesky sore sited below her kneecap as breakfast or perhaps as brunch.

She counted the money some of her generous clients had dropped on the bowl she discreetly placed in front of her. “I have made enough for today” she muttered to herself as she tot up 525 naiara.

Some clients could be funny, as they wouldn't feel any remorse dropping 5naira, some would even demand for change after dropping 20 naira. Anyways she was just a street beggar! still inhaling the oxygen at the lenity of these her clients. Eliza thought.

She stood up on her once sexy legs that might have sent hundreds of male folks to planet pluto during her prime, of which which was now so wobbled as a result of some excessive hiking and pestiferous sore.

She made to leave for her crude shelter that stood not many miles away from her business post or office center leastways.

“Happy birthday to you once again My Temi. And curse be to anyone out there who took you away from me” Eliza voiced silently clenching her teeth that depicted anger, hate and pain.

Her memory had started up her reminiscent mind, as her encounter with Dami her long lost husband started buzzing in. An encounter that undoubtedly changed her life!

To be continued..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Temi (mine) by temisaintkenz(f): 2:38pm On Apr 17, 2017
EPISODE 3

30 YEARS AGO!!

"Hey mum" Eliza shouted, as she ran to hug the middle age woman who had also extended her arms to reach for her daughter's hug. They both stayed glue momentary in the embrace, swaying each other from left to right with happiness clearly expressed on their faces. It is no argument that the two had been away for quite sometimes and were just uniting. The affection imbibed a really frenzied their union.

"You are welcome dear, we missed you" the woman expressed, still rocking Eliza to and fro.

"Yeah mum, same here too, eighteen months was just way too long and I have been dying to be back here mum'" Eliza chortled. They later disengaged away from the hug, now staring at each other eyes with a pure emotions clearly drawn

"So how have you been doing my daughter?”The woman questioned rhetorically.

"Fine mum, you know things would always be cool over there," Eliza replied, still trying to maintain the display of her crystal white set of teeth.

They both advanced towards the majestic sitting room with their hands holding each other’s back.The look on Eliza face quickly described her surprise. Her eyes had scanned through the room and admitted that the room had seriously undergone some heavy changes.

The color of the room had already been repainted with yellow tinged with crimson totally rusticated the sky blue that was formerly used. She knew that would be her mum's idea, because she always knew color blue had been her mum greatest antipathy. Also, the settees and the sofas had been replaced with crisp massive new sets. She admired the new interior decoration employed in the house.

"You know you still have enough time to admire them" her mum chipped in, who noticed her daughter’s eyes quivering around. “But right now you have to take a bath then settle for your favourite dish’

"Alright mum" she nodded, as she hopped on the stairs up to her long waited room.

Her room was of medium size with a cool scenery. The room had the mixture of cream and blue color. It had blue colour as the background then stripped with cream colour in a parallel and horizontal line giving out a pleasing look of rectangular shape on the wall. A big round bulb illuminated the room giving it a shimmering look. Tapestries laid comfortably on the wall with the wall paper of popstar Rihanna staying glued to the wall.

Eliza found out that her room was clean to her expectation, though she wasn’t expecting to meet dust and rubble everywhere. Her bedcover had been changed credibly to her mom.

Then her eyes caught a portrait of someone on the wall adjacent to where the wall clock laid tickling peacefully.

"Who could have put it back?" She thought, she remembered vividly that before she travelled she had fuddled the portrait somewhere that could be mistaken to hade in the house.

Whatever the case maybe, a disgusting look stood in her eyes as she glared at the portrait. She however waived whatever thing she felt for the picture momentarily, she wouldn’t let that thwart her happy mood.

After about thirty minutes, Eliza was done with freshening up, she swiftly took a look at her reflection staring back at her through mirror.She smiled as she took notice of her beauty once again.

Indeed! Eliza was a pretty damsel, a very fair lady in her mid-twenties but acquisition of a teenage body. Her oval face coupled with a set of crystal white teeth stamped her beauty with a moderate butt and small boobs. Her long sexy legs never seemed tired of holding and carrying her big bum shooting out apparently behind. Eliza had a killer body and definitely guys would teleport from planet pluto just to have a glimpse of her.

She soon found herself on the dining table with her mum. They had a light but warm conversation spiced with excessive emotion, while each of them took their time to devour their plate of amala with ewedu soup. It was quite evident they both had missed each other.

Eliza attention soon swayed from her food at what next she saw walking towards them at the dining. "OMG! Is this a guy"? She thought rhetorically as the charming figure alighted towards them. She never remembered she left such a cutie in their house before she left to USA for her Masters and her mum had never made mention of anybody now staying with them since her arrival few hours ago.

She stared at the figure as he finally advanced towards her mum, tilted his head down and jumbled some words she couldn’t grasp into her mum's ear. She momentary felt embarrassed as the thought of being an acquaintance in her very home was sternly visible in the way he approached her mum. Nevertheless, that never stopped the glimpse look she passed at him seductively.

"Probably he doesn’t know who I am,” she thought again. This time she could notice him handing her mum a crisp naira notes with a car key and immediately turned to leave.

"Wait, Dami" her mum coughed before pointing to Eliza, "This is my daughter, I told you she travelled outside the country for her masters, she returned this afternoon"

"Oh! Really" Dami quizzed with raised eyebrow, "Hello madam" now turning to face Eliza with his hand muzzled out for a handshake.

"Hi" Eliza giggled, returning the handshake, "And you can call me Eliza" she quickly hinted him innocently.
"Alright Madam Eliza, you can also call me Dami"

“Hey! Just call me Eliza." Eliza pointed and waved his left index finger in a gesture pointing out a correction.

"Alright Eliza, I had better get used to that" Dami smiled, freed his hand and left the room.

Eliza’s eyes tailed him from behind as he paced towards the exit of the room with seductive grimace curving out from her face. She was totally oblivious of the fact her mom was staring at her in ire.

“I think you know he’s just an ordinary driver?” Her mother muttered—placing more emphasis on new driver.

“Of course I do.” Eliza replied and stood up.
Re: Temi (mine) by temisaintkenz(f): 2:40pm On Apr 17, 2017
continuation

Few hours elapsed while Eliza was still in her room.She gouged her head between her pillows in other to block her eardrum, an effort she thought would save her from her mares. She never intended to fall for any guy at the moment, not to talk of a cypher, an ordinary driver. But the more she tried to block her thinking faculty, the more she failed woefully! She couldn't just erase the image, the mild smile, the soft cool voice and the well-rounded cute face. Even her ex became faded where Dami was concerned. The whole of Dami's features kept erupting her mind. She pondered vaguely on her bed for some minute, before siting and soliloquizing.

"No it can’t be, Eliza wake up! He is just a driver, better guys are out there waiting for you, you know you wouldn't stoop so low to go intimate with just a driver? Just few hours in Nigeria and you are already head over heel in love. What’s wrong with me? Am I going crazy! Am I insane?" Eliza spewed those words like a cark having ignorance of her being audible enough for any outsider to eavesdrop.

“Definitely this is love at first sight, after all, she can’t dictate for the heart. As the heart always wants what it wants. But is she really sure this is not lust? No it can’t be lust. It’s pure love from the bottom of the heart.” Eliza’s mind pondered thoughtfully. But then, she recalled how her mother painted Dami blight abrasively-- the cold stern look registered on her face when she said--I think you should know that he is just a driver.

She sighed. "If I’m not going to back out from this then Mom has to support me on It." she prayed.

Later that evening, Eliza woke up and checked the time on her phone, it was 6pm.She remembered she was caught up by sleep while she was thinking about Dami. She wondered if her mom had even come around to check on her. She took a long glimpse at the window and found out that the sky had betrayed the time as the sun still shone broadly and it threw laser beam from the sky reflecting very well in the room through the window blinds.

She decided to take an amble walk around the house, moreover, she needed to find more about him. She had decided to quiz him and make him relate with her colloquially. That was what she wanted and she was ready to get. Any information about where he stays could help her. She was not ready to let her Dami slip away from her.

"Ah! oga welcome, I be dey greet you the other time, as me and big oga enter you no hear." Kofi their spooky gate man greeted as he saw Eliza who was walking towards him. He knew Eliza as his madam’s daughter because he had been working within the compound before Eliza travelled. Kofi was a dark black Hausa man. I wish there wasany synonyms good enough to describe his type of blackness. Koffi was as black as charcoal. Notwithstanding he was a risible fellow who always planted smiles on anybody that bumped into him. He once had an accident that made his left leg shorter than the right one and which always created a funny scenery with the way he wobbled when walking.

"I’m sorry Kofi, I didn’t notice you" Eliza replied with a simper trying to conceal her laughter.

"No wahala. so wetin me bring come from abroad? Kofi asked again throwing Eliza.

"I brought some stuffs for you, I will bring them over for you later."

“Thank you madam." The Northerner said excitedly.

“Have you seen the driver?” Eliza asked, trying hard not to sound as a groupie.

"The driver?" Koffi asked again.

"Yes, where is he?"

"He don commot o. Me don open gate for am since" He answered waving his hands in monstrance to explained what he said.

"Are you sure?" Eliza asked with puzzled look hanged on her face.

"Yes oga" Kofi affirmed

"Okay." Eliza veered towards the house with disappointment sprinkled all over her face. So she would be unable to see the driver. She thought of going back to ask him of his apartment, but later decided against it. She didn't trust the lousy gate man, and even if she got his apartment, what’s she going to do? She couldn’t throw herself just like that to a guy who was not even aware of her feelings. Only time will tell. Her thought came to a halt with Kofi voice yelling after her,

"Madam shey make I com collect am for my gift you bring come for me?"
Re: Temi (mine) by temisaintkenz(f): 2:41pm On Apr 17, 2017

ONE WEEK LATER

The whole week was a pack full of boredom. Her mom was always going out on business trip, while Dami had been the driver that drove her out to places. So her mother and Dami were always out together and most times came home late. That was unfair on her part, as the Dami's work schedule had not been in her favor.

It had been a week now she set her eyes on her charming prince, and that was actually the day of her arrival. She wanted to know more about him, get wind of his interests, play with him and jokewith him. Every night she slept, she always dreamt of having a relationship with him, relationship full of series of mirth, laughter and fun. A very risible relationship, and whenever she woke up it became dawned on her that it didn't seem her reverie was a forthcoming reality.

She wanted to as her mom about him, perhaps she could feed with her with Dami’s whereabout but the killer look her mum pierced on her the day of arrival had always made her quail.

Eliza’s mind was benumbed, totally unresponsive to anything.Only the thought of Dami was allowed. It was not as if she hadn’t fallen in love before, she had, but not as compared to what she felt for Dami now. She only prayed her love should be reciprocated by him.

It was on aSunday evening, Eliza had been indoors as usual, but being Sunday made everywhere a little bit resilient. The reason being that, her mother would stay indoors too. Sometimes, visitors would come visiting. Eliza's mother belief was that Sundays were meant for resting while the remaining week days were meant to work and earn more money. A kind of woman who didn't indulge laziness.

Eliza's mind was still sinking in distress, she had hope to see Dami today but alas, she hadn’t caught a glimpse of him up till the moment.

"Why would I be expecting to see him? When the house is his place of work, and since Mum isn’t going out today definitely he is not coming to work" Eliza soliloquized, incognizant that Dami lived with them, in a different apartment but at the same compound and the reason why she hadn't caught a glint of him was because he left home early, before she woke up and also returned late in the evening while she would have retired to bed.

Later that Sunday evening, Eliza plodded out of her room as a result of fatigue from sleeping too much. She carried her tired body outside their lawn, before settling down on white chair placed beside a table. She brought her new sim card with a new phone along. She had bought the new phone with the sim card on her way from the airport.She knew she needed it because of the invalidity of her previous line as soon as she stepped foot on Nigeria’s shore.The othernetwork was not registered here. The thought of Dami invading her mind had not really made her consider it usage before.

While she was trying to fix the device, the phone slipped from her hand and hit the grass covered floor, with patency the grass really helped in preventing it from shattering into debris. Immediately she stooped reaching out to pick up her device, a familiar hand swiftly gripped hers. Eliza tilted her head to see the familiar hand, Lo and behold, her eyes nearly popped out from their socket beholding who the person was.

The way she stared at him made her eye balls grew too big for the socket, even at the verge of combusting. Her mouth also, was still wide opened like that of whale that swallowed Jonah. While her heart momentarily stopped beating like it had gone on indefinite strike. She saw Dami mouth move, spraying out some words but it seemed her ear had also joined the strike, as she couldn’t pick out anything out of what he said. She just stood there astonished.

"Sorry, may I help you with this?" Dami repeated softly producing that wild smile waived in some sort of enchantment that had held Eliza’s heart hostage for days.

"Oh! Sure." Eliza nodded sporadically, jolting back to her sit with her numbed body resuming to work. Dami was the last person she expected to see at that time. She wasn’t aware of all the time Dami had spent to notice her fumbling with her phone before the phone finally slipped out of her hand. Anyways, she however felt good he came around to help and probably, she could use the moment to spice things up between themselves.

Eliza watched keenly how Dami effortlessly fixed her device up-- he firstly detached the sim card from it holder, then uncovered the back casing of her device before removing the battery then hitched up the sim inside the sim connector port before he later returned the back cover. What a genius? She thought--notknowingthat the little or tiny things someone you love does would always appear great to you. What Dami did was not out of normalcy, it was just a normal thing other guys out there will do—but the emotions she fostered towards him made all he did to be exaggerated.

"You know stuffs like this could be annoying sometimes." Dami broke the uncomfortable silence, handling the device back to Eliza. He had actually noticed the look of astonishment in Eliza eyes, the reason-- He didn’t know.But might wanted to know. All he had to was to feign ignorance like he never noticed anything.

"Yeah, exactly and especially to feminine folks like me." She toned dabbing the surface of the device with the hem of the clothe she put on.

"Anyway thanks and I think I owe you one.”

"You owe me nothing." He said curtly. He didn’t see any big deal with his kind gesture and was not even expecting any form of reciprocal.

"I won’t take no for an answer. You wouldn’t stress yourself over my phone without me showing appreciation."

"Are you sure"? Dami gave a pecky smile.
“Of course.” Eliza maintained.
“Alright dear.”
Eliza's heart didn’t hesitate to puke out through her mouth as the word‘dear’ flew out from Dami's mouth. Her joy knew no boundary, for him relating to her romantically means he definitely felt something for her, so she thought. And, it actually did help because it buttressed what she felt for him too in her own world of fantasy.
"I would never let you slip away from me” she thought to herself.
"Hey! Wait" She called.
Dami halted his movements before tilting his face towards her.
"Hope no problem dear?"
"Jeeez! He just said it again, he likes me, I’m so sure." Eliza mind kept bubbling like a bumbling idiot.

"Hope you can help me out with driving tomorrow? I will like to go out, but I am really scared. I really have a kind of phobia for driving in this country" She lied.
"Sure, anything for you dear." Dami thought before answering. He knew on Mondays—however, he was always resuming his work with Eliza's mother after some rests on weekends. But this particular Monday, her madam had informed him she wouldn’t be going anywhere due to reasons unknown to him. Perhaps Eliza knew that and more of the reason she wanted to make good use of that.
"Okay. 12pm tomorrow then." She uttered softly, forcing out a feign look that concealed the happiness dancing inside her. She watched him closely behind as he disappeared into the lawn.
"Yes! I’m gonna use the best of my opportunity. Lizzy baby wise up, you wouldn’t want to dull yourself now.” Eliza kept rattling to herself as she strolled back inside.
"Welcome baby, Dinner is ready."
Re: Temi (mine) by temisaintkenz(f): 2:43pm On Apr 17, 2017
continuation

Eliza turned her face up to find her mom gaze resting on her. Her gaze was in nowhere friendly.
After some minute Eliza settled down with his mum on the table. Eliza took her time to serve both of them dinner while her mum folded her hands a jaw.A lot of thoughts running rapidly through her mind. She had eavesdropped on Eliza and Dami while they were in the lawn and apparently, every single words Eliza peed out had fallen perfectly on her eagle ears.
Now, she had unmistakably confirmed her fears. She couldn’t why fathom Eliza had quickly fallen in love with Dami--a common driver she just met barely a week ago. And though she didn’t evennurture any pinch of faux or whatsoever against the driver—as a matter of fact, she had always seen him as her most loyal and trusted employee but not when her only daughter and her future were at stake.
She vowed never to allow Dami to shrewd on her daughter’s weakness. Even if it meant doing the unthinkable, she would put on a very ferocious look to fit in her pending behavior she had to unleash towards Dami. She was not ready to allow an ordinary boy she picked out from slum, nurtured up to taste, come around to wangle on her daughter's weakness on pretense of love. She would never make him feel comfortable around her daughter in the house.
Re: Temi (mine) by temisaintkenz(f): 2:45pm On Apr 17, 2017

It was a bright morning again, the sky was giving out it bluish color and the sun was getting ready to smile. Though with outward impression that it was the type of sun scientists claim that gives a kind of vitamin D to the body.

Eliza had already woken up from her sleep, but still laid noiselessly on her bed with her eyes shut tight to each other. She didn’t get enough sleep overnight. Yesterday dinner was an augury, or let me say it ended like one. As she kept reminiscing every dim words her mum said to her. She knew her mum had taken her time to have everything prepared for her.

She sat up, opened her eyes and used her two palms to rub away the vertigo in them so as to enjoy the beam in her room. She heaved a sigh, before she retired her hands akimbo while still sitting comfortably on her bed.

T
hen just immediately after that, her eyes caught the portrait of the same person she saw on the day of her arrival. The portrait carrying the face of some Eliza seemed to detest a bunch.“Oh! So I haven’t sent you back to the hade you belong to.” She groaned as stirred up from the bed she was sitting.She felt a kind of adrenaline surged through her as she leapt up instantly to grip the portrait from whatever hook holding it grimly to the wall, slammed it to the ground and the portrait got shattered into debris.

The adrenaline quashed now that it was done working on Eliza. Eliza breathed heavily like someone who just finished a hundredmetres race. So after all, it was her mum that reinstated the portrait after she travelled. But one thing that got Eliza much confused was why her mum suddenly developed interest on her boyfriend. I mean her ex-boyfriend—Tunde Ogunyemi.

Eliza and Tunde had never had any steady relationship or whatsoever. Their relationship was a good example of a meander not heading to a particular point. In short, if there was an award been granted on basis of relationships, then, theirs should have been awarded with world worst relationship ever. They both had since called it quit between themselves after she travelled to UK for her masters. Tunde had made up some nasty mess up again.

Eliza recalled vividly how she felt committed from the beginning, even though she was aware Tunde was a freak philanderer right from onset. But she, out of many of her rational beliefs, thought that being a lady she had in possession some special kind of aura that would coerce her man to submit to fidelity, hence that made her to stay committed to the relationship for a longer period of time.

But Tunde flubbed everything, he ruined all her staunchness, and disappointed her over and over again; all her determination was turned annul--which got her frustrated at the end of the day. And that was the she first time she disposed everything that served as connection between them--which included Tunde's portrait, a golden trident and chain he bought for her on twenty-first birthday.

However, even after that, she was still hoping things got better between them someday. Perhaps Tunde would come back to beg her in other to settle things up between them;but unfortunately, the day never came. Instead, it was the worst day that surveyed. After Eliza travelled out for her program, Tunde had called to tell her that he stopped loving her long time ago and already had eyes on another lady. He even credited for being the first to summon the courage to announce their split.

“I’m sorry. Things never got better as we hoped to be.” Tunde had said. That was his usual perfect line he employed to ditch out his used vestal.

The words didn’t seem to ache Eliza much, as she wasn’t surprise, at least it was Tunde, a whole hotspur she knew so well. She only took his words in good faith while she riveted all her attention on her program.

But now, she couldn’t fathom any reason why her so called mother who was not ignorance of the whole scenario between them would try to fix them up together again. Her mother had pleaded on behalf of Tunde though not after she first chided him of his previous folly. After that, she made her believe that Tunde was a changed man—and being a change man he surely deserved the second chance. Her mother confessed to her to that she wouldn’t concur to any other suitor Eliza would present to her unless the person was Tunde Ogunyemi.

Eliza heaved a sign, “if mum is trying to quilt my relationship with you Tunde, trust me it would be mission impossible.” She muttered defiantly.

She picked up her phone to take a glimpse look on the screen. Dam! It was after 10am already.She leapt up from the bed, gave a lousy yawn with all her body parts stretched out then stood motionlessly on the ground facing her bedroom mirror. She watched her reflection for some seconds and gave a smirk while the thought of her curves excited her. The curves that would in no time belonged to Dami.

"I should be going out today," she cooed to herself as Dami’s thought pirated her mind once again.Dami was someone she was rest assured she could never stop thinking about. She had informed himyesterday that he would be her driver today. The opportunity she needed to utilize her plan. She was ready to give out whatever it takes to be with Dami and nothing would derail that.

She quickly went to her bathroom to take her baths, and in a jiffy she was done. She took a long time surveying her reflection before nodding in complacency. She was just so beautiful to complement such a devilish handsome dude like Dami. She glimpsed at a phone to view the massive digital clock displaying on the screen--It was 11:55 AM. She was running late.She slid into her clothes and quickly scurried away from her room, climbed down the stairs and when she landed on the floor of the siting room and she thought she saw someone at the dining but she never bothered to take a longer look than necessary not to talk of opening her mouth to utter a word. She didn’t give a dam hoot about anybody when it came to Dami. Nothing worth more than the fantasy shrouded in her mind.

"Eliza, where to…?" A stern voice rang out from the statue she thought she saw. And by the time she tilted her head towards the angle the voice came from. She couldn’t help but swooned in bewilderment.

Eliza couldn’t believe her ears and eyes, her mother called her name--by her initial name. So she had in no quick time deliberately dumped the jillion of pet names she adopted for her. That was so weird! Eliza was someone who was fostered under a smooth motherly care and affection. She seemed to have become addicted to her mum calling her with pet names, and of course, it always made her feel she comfortable she was still intact in her mother's endearment.

She knew her mum never called her by her initial unless she was perturbed by something and really wanted it be discussed between the two of them. That was always the time she swop to calling her, her real name. A subtle method she purposely always used to tinge her emotion a bit. While sometimes, she also used it as a weapon to chastise her or instill a disapproval. And apparently it did work well on Eliza; a girl who had grown up becoming emotional feeble and weak, who always enjoyed the mother to daughter affection, would quickly succumb and melt under her mother's wraith. She didn't like being treated a hostile by her very own mother.

"I am talking to you Eliza, you aren’t deaf yet, are you?” Same voice rang again, jolting Eliza out of her reverie.

“Oh fine! If it has come to this, then it’s cool. If her mum thought her rants or playing rigid will pave way for her this time, she had better shown her the stuff she is made of now. She is no more the docile type that trembles under her rage. If her mum has decided to play hostile on her, then she would stay rigid. She is not ready to bend, not when the love of her is concerned.”

"Sorry old lady" Eliza started with a smirk. As you can see I am in a hurry, will talk about it when I am back" she told her mum bluntly without even waiting for any more response from her. Dami could be waiting.

Her mum was stunned as she stared at her daughter who walked out on her just like that. Her heart gnawing so hard as the thought of losing her beloved daughter in just a week of her arrival beset her. She realized her daughter was no more the docile she used to be. The boldness, the impudent discovered in the way she talked back at her really said it all.

She thought of everything they discussed the previous night. She knew all what she told her was pure and out of motherly love. She wanted a promising and glowing future for her daughter and she wouldn't dare jeopardize it by entrusting her feelings on Dami. Dami—a common driver.

She had deliberately started a topic about Tunde with her daughter yesterday. She was so much concerned about rekindling the love her daughter once had for him.
She saw Tunde as the perfect guy for her beloved daughter. Not even after Tunde approached her some weeks before Eliza's arrival. As the young man approached her, she could read a mild difference on him. A changed soul, like that of prodigal son who had returned home.

She had promised herself not to let him slip away from her daughter's finger. Of course Tunde was a whizz-kid, someone his progress stirred up day after day. A well collected and successful lad. Someone who had scribed his career with the most fortunate people in high places, with hordes of ladies trooping to walk down isle with him. It was a golden opportunity for Eliza to have someone like Tunde coming back for her.

She swooshed a breath. "I will do everything to bring you two together.” She said, determination reeking in her voice. "Even if it would cost me to lose my motherhood, I will help you protect your future Eliza."
Re: Temi (mine) by temisaintkenz(f): 2:46pm On Apr 17, 2017
continuation

…..
Dami was lost in his own trance, though he was still conscious enough to handle the hand wheel. But still, right from the time he set his on her Eliza yesterday, she had occupied his mind. Eliza had successfully sneaked into his thought, taken control of it and eventually snarfed it away.

He had purposely stared at her yesterday when he saw her fumbling with the device. And quickly offered to help her fix it. Same reason he threw pet name at her just to build up the familiarity between them.

Dami had fallen in love with Eliza but he knew better not to allow it control him. Eliza was the daughter of her boss and wouldn’t jeopardize his only means of survival. But one stubborn instinct kept telling him that Eliza liked him as well. There was a chemistry when their body met yesterday, he felt a soft sensation trickling round his body. Something he hadn’t felt before. Afterwards, he noticed Eliza's felt some sudden impulses too. Could their feelings be consensual?

“Dami you better think straight, no dey give yourself false hope oh. Fine girl like this no go come get any guy for in life.” He kept pondering to himself.

Wait a minute.

"So where are we heading to, Lizzy?" Dami found his tongue. It had been up to a minute on the road and Eliza hadn’t informed him the venue she intended going to. If he no ask so she no go talk?

"Oh where we are heading to right?" Eliza response turned out to be a question back to Dami.

"Yes." he replied brusquely.
The question turned out to piss him off. If it had happened to be somebody else, there was certainty he would have lynched the person with words.

Eliza found traces of grievance in the way he replied her question. She was stupid too for throwing back a question as an answer. Was she even stupid? No she was nervous, jittery, scared and restive. But none of the five was going to dissuade her right now. She needs to brace herself up.

She later mumbled some words that made Dami wowed in astonishment.

"I don’t really get that, I thought you said you are going out.” Dami finally stuttered.
Re: Temi (mine) by temisaintkenz(f): 2:48pm On Apr 17, 2017
continuation

After listening to Dami’s stutter, it was then he felt the gravity of what she said. She wished she never said it but felt relieved she said it. After all, that had been the burden on her worrisome mind for a week.

But now, Dami's attitude made feel her decomposed, as if she’ddone something so odd. The event made her mind quickly raised back to the behavioral of the Whites. She came to terms that a white guy would never feel eccentric to what she said. After all, she was in love, which definitely was not her fault in the first place. And since she wasn’t ready to die of lovesickness or suffer celibacy she has the right to make her feeling known. But now, the quirkiness punching out from Dami's face had made feel embarrassed; like she had committed some sort of taboo. African mentality!

She swiftly raised a prayer point in her mind asking God to eradicate the black mentality that has overshadowed the Africans. But right now, she was not ready to flop. She had to summon up her courage, she was not ready to be defeated.

"Yes I am going out, that is exactly what I am doing." She paused for 3 seconds before she resumed the exact lines that got Dami wowed. "But you are taking me out on a date" she added bravely.

Dami tongue momentary got arrested by Eliza words. He couldn’t fix if the next thing for him was to start jumping for joy or he should do otherwise. But as much he would prefer the latter, he still felt his heart spurred with great joy, her dream girl asking for a date. That would be the best thing that would be happening to him recently.

What a great feeling of perfection when the one you love, loves you in return. There is no feeling to be compared with that. You will discover infinite joy over flowing your heart.

Nevertheless, Dami's joy was cut short as the thought of flopping the impromptu date kept staring at him. The so-called date he was happy for, was a head of extemporaneous one. If he had been hinted afore, then he would have solved his wrecked financial status at the moment, and also spruce up his outlook for the day. But now he wouldn’t want to turn down Eliza, if he did, then he was on a loose to a hell of embarrassment.

"Here, take this," Eliza said, stretching out her hand to pass her MasterCard to him. "I know I caught you impromptu, so I had better be responsible for it. The pin, 1607" she concluded, plucking out her seductive smile.

Dami felt everything happening was vague. He couldn’t help but wandered how she was able to read his mind and quickly fix him up. And moreover, his mind raised nervously, as he kept on pondering on what was about to happen. Where the whole situation was heading to was getting clearer to him and he could now easily decipher Eliza’s mind. She wants her as much as he does too; so he promised himself to make things easier for her.

Dami's brain quickly booted up and started scanning randomly for the best date to put up in other to save the scenario. As varieties kept storming his head, he would try to weight them. He could not afford to mess up things now. Eliza is big girl, so definitely she deserves luxury treatment. This was one of a crucial opportunity he wouldn’t dare to blow up. Finally, he decidedto take her to one the prestigious eatery around.

After some minutes they had settled down in one eatery. They both threw smiles upon smiles on each other.Perhaps, it was deliberated action they both adopted to kill the tension reeking in their system. While Eliza was already appalled at reason while Dami would just sit and threw glances at her. She expected him to man up, probably start a conversation, at least she had breached her pride by asking for date. And already helped in preserving his ego by helping his lump financial status.

"So dearie, what would you like to have?" Dami voice halted the thought cycling through her mind.
"Anything will do." She replied nodding her head amidst the seductive smiles pasted on her lips.

"Alright then, be back in a jiffy" Dami stood up and walked briskly to place an order.

Eliza kept reminiscing all the events of the past few hours of her arrival, she couldn’t wonder how she had been through a lot. Firstly, she had been welcomed by the good sides of her mum, and while enjoying the latter, Dami surfaced. And so apparent that Dami's came into sight had been the only circumstance that sparked the conflict between her and her mother. She still couldn’t fathom the reason why her mom would want to quilt the nonconcentric relationship between her and Tunde. She couldn’t even describe the tons of antipathy she has for him. She would never let Dami slip away from her. Nobody would dare try to make him slip away from her.

“So here we go, baby girl" Dami words now carried features of like a love stricken lad. And exactly the situation Eliza wanted for.

They soon later started settling scores with fried rice and chicken placed before them.

"You know I will like to take your selfie." Dami emitted.

"Oh really?"

"Yes, it will make good to show my friends that angels do exist" he quickly teased fawningly, making Eliza flushed.

"So you want to tell me that you don’t have any angel in your life that you couldhave shown your friends?"

"Of course not, you know I haven’t had any opportunity to get close to an angel like you." He teased more.

"So what about your girlfriend orErmm.Perhaps your woman?" Eliza stuttered.

"Oh that? I don’t have any. Have never seen any lady that caught my fantasy." He swiftly responded.

While Eliza's heart was immediately goaded with happiness. The thought of Dami been in a relationship had not even for once crossed his mind. She didn’t know the type of impulse that pushed her in asking him such question and if he had answered negative, she would die from the bucks of disappointment.

"You know what?" Dami's voice rang again

"What is it?" Eliza asked with anticipation sketched on her face.

"If I told you I love you?” He paused, getting flustered. "What would be your response?” He finally breathed.
Re: Temi (mine) by temisaintkenz(f): 2:51pm On Apr 17, 2017
ook guys i know the story is rived with mountain of mistakes.. i know, i know but please just forgive that and ignore. kindly blame that on my tight schedule and laziness. smiley

buy another book from me via this link

http://okadabooks.com/book/about/laraba_vampires_werewolves_witches/13438

(1) (Reply)

. / I Will Download Almost Any Paid Book On Amazon For You Free Of Charge / Connect The Dots.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.