Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,455 members, 7,954,786 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:18 AM

Phcn- Issue With Distributing Prepaid Meters. Why Not Try This Advise - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Phcn- Issue With Distributing Prepaid Meters. Why Not Try This Advise (1003 Views)

I Am New To C Programming, I Am Having Issue With This Code / Little Issue With Php. Please Help Out / Solving The Nigerian Budget Padding Issue With PHP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Phcn- Issue With Distributing Prepaid Meters. Why Not Try This Advise by badoh(m): 3:30pm On Aug 27, 2016
Dear PHCN/IBEDC,
I have watched with dismay the stress people had to go through in order to get prepaid meter at their place. This is the 8months that my father in-law paid for pre-paid meter in Osogbo, Osun State and yet could not get the meter due to one bottleneck or the other. I dont know if you guys are aware that you are shortchanging yourselves and think youre shortchanging customers. You are definitely blocking your sources of revenue to a large extent.
For sure, the sector has been deregulated and privatised but you are not maximising your potential to rake in substantial revenue. Prior to the advent of prepaid meters, bills were always given to consumers at the end of the month. One of the shortcomings of this method is that some customers bribed their way out to phcn marketers by giving them small change and they will reconnect them back to power source. However, with the advent of Prepaid meters, this has been reduced to the bearest minimun though its still happening cos not all houses have been connected to prepaid.
My advise is this.
1. All the prepaid meters that have been hoarded should be distributed to houses free of charge or at an affordable cost. We know the companies that produced these prepaid have incurred a lot in production, however, recouping such investment may not really materialise in the shortrun. This is my suggestion.
For people that are given the prepaid meter free of charge, their monthly card recharge should be factored into the cost of the prepaid meter and spread for a number of years. For example, if a customer purchased 1200 units to be loaded, the company can program it such that the customer will only be credited with 800units while the remaining 400units would have been deducted as part of his/her repayment plan for the prepaid meter deployed.
Kindly note that a customer whose units have been fully exhausted during the month would not have access to power and as such would be forced to purchase additional unit if he or she doesnt want to be in total blackout.
Also note that the more power availability to consumers, the more your own revenue.

Thank you.
This is just my opinion.
Re: Phcn- Issue With Distributing Prepaid Meters. Why Not Try This Advise by Boycool1(m): 6:22pm On Aug 27, 2016
lalasticlala atleast help them see this oppinion

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help, Finger Print Imaging Software Needed Urgently / Need A Web Developer To Handle Your Next Web Project? / Nairaland Bad Gateway Error 502

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.