Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,316 members, 7,822,544 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

Types Of Churches That Are Doomed To Fail - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Types Of Churches That Are Doomed To Fail (24666 Views)

MMM: 10 Things That Will Happen To Churches That Promoted Scheme– Pastor Adelaja / "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad / Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Types Of Churches That Are Doomed To Fail by nkechiben(f): 8:36pm On Aug 28, 2016
iliyande:
"Death is not a topic we enjoy. Death of churches is not a topic I enjoy," "You see, I love the local church. I love it despite it's flaws, sins, and hypocrisies. Jesus loves me despite my flaws, sins, and hypocrisies."

Sadly, too many churches are dying today. As a concerned Christian, there are need to share with congregations what they must avoid being to be able to survive.

The Ex-Bible Church

The first type of churches doomed to fail is the ex-Bible church. "These churches have abandoned the truths of the Scripture. A few are explicit in their denials. But many just give lip service to the Bible,".

Congregations belonging to ex-Bible churches do not study Scripture, and those pastors do not handle biblical texts. Sadly, the Word of God has no power in this kind of churches.

Dress and Appearance

Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? … The temple of God is holy, which temple ye are. 1 Corinthians 3:16–17.

Many churches today will say, "Well, God looks on the heart. God doesn't care what you look like on the outside. God just looks on the heart." That is true. God does look on the heart, but man cannot see the heart. Man can only see the outer. Not only that, the outer appearance is usually a pretty good indicator of what is in a person's heart. Although it is possible to look right on the outside and be wrong on the inside, it is well nigh impossible to look right on the outside and be right on the inside. What is on the outside comes from the inside. That is why Jesus said, "out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh" (Matthew 12:34). Granted, a man could say the right things, and have a wrong heart, but a man who had a right heart would never say the wrong things. So the outer appearance is the only indicator that man has that someone is right with God, right in their heart. So God does care how we look. Not only does God care how we look, there are rules in the Bible for both men and women that should govern our appearance.

Now, whenever you start to talking about these rules, the women are always the first ones to complain, because there are more rules for the women than there are for the men. And I often wonder why the Bible has all these rules for the women and very few rules for the men, and the reason why is because men and women are made differently. I know that is not a "politically correct" thing to say, but it is none the less true. God made man and women differently.

Men are stimulated by sight. This is why Jesus told the men of His day, "whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart" (Matthew 5:28). Men are stimulated by sight. Men are always attracted to a lady, physically, before they are connected to her emotionally. In fact, they don't even want to pursue the possibility of an emotional relationship, if the physical attraction isn't there.

Club Church

Members in these churches see their membership as perks and privileges. They want their styles of music, their worship service times, their types of architecture, and their preferred lengths of sermons. They pay their dues, so they should get their benefits."

Bad Words

These are the churches where bullies go unchecked, where personnel committees and boards work in darkness, and where gossip and backstabbing are common. These churches expend most of their energy on bad words. They thus don't have the time or energy to share the good news.

Churches That Fail to Forgive

Members in the church often turn to the Pastor for prayer, advice, and comfort when facing a divorce. They are shocked when the prayer, advice, and comfort are not forthcoming. Instead they receive a shunning from the Pastor and other members of the church. Thinking the situation will improve they stay a while longer but are eventually forced to leave by the social pressures applied. In other cases they are directly told to attend some other church.

The Bible clearly teaches that the Spirit-filled Christian can at times succumb to temptation and fall short. The truth is that every born again Christian still has sins of pride, coveting, dishonesty, etc. Repentance should be accepted by the Pastor, but much of the time it is not. The Pastor simply asks the member to leave. This is strictly contrary to Scripture. God's warning to Pastors is very clear.

JAMES 3:1 My brethren, let not many of you become teachers, knowing that we shall receive a stricter judgment.

My hope and prayer is that God should deliver these churches from their "death throes," too many churches are already dying.

#tosinjay ...
LEAVE THE JUDGEMENT FOR GOD NAH. UNTIL RAPTURE OK?
Re: Types Of Churches That Are Doomed To Fail by MrCork: 8:36pm On Aug 28, 2016
nkechiben:

WHAT DID YOU KNOW IN THE BIBLE?

..sweet hat..bible says Dao shall not lie...but guess wot..YOU LIED...why..becozz u are a antichrist!!(no oofense)) angry
Re: Types Of Churches That Are Doomed To Fail by MrCork: 8:38pm On Aug 28, 2016
nkechiben:

^^^another Muslim!((Shame)) undecided
Re: Types Of Churches That Are Doomed To Fail by Shome36(m): 9:29pm On Aug 28, 2016
I've never thought indecency is an issue in Christianity till today.... i always thought indecent dressing is part of the religion.
Re: Types Of Churches That Are Doomed To Fail by Emary(f): 9:52pm On Aug 28, 2016
Re: Types Of Churches That Are Doomed To Fail by Emary(f): 9:52pm On Aug 28, 2016
MrCork:

[color=#000099]^^^^another. Antichrist!!(((SHAME))[/colokr] undecided

Can you imagine? Something is wrong with you. You who are casting labels are the one most likely to have a specially prepared chamber waiting for you in the pit of hell. You better pluck the log from your own eye first. Hypocrite!
Re: Types Of Churches That Are Doomed To Fail by MrCork: 10:02pm On Aug 28, 2016
Emary:

Can you imagine? Something is wrong with you. You who are casting labels are the one most likely to have a specially prepared chamber waiting for you in the pit of hell. You better pluck the log from your own eye first. Hypocrite!

u clearly goin to hell cozz R A antichrist (READ YOR LAST POST..U ADMITTED IT)....and if u don't change yor atitide..U WILL NEVER FIND MAN ON NAIRALAND!!;(real talk) undecided

1 Like

Re: Types Of Churches That Are Doomed To Fail by Emary(f): 10:54pm On Aug 28, 2016
MrCork:

u clearly goin to hell cozz R A antichrist (READ YOR LAST POST..U ADMITTED IT)....and if u don't change yor atitide..U WILL NEVER FIND MAN ON NAIRALAND!!;(real talk) undecided

You're just frustrated and looking for someone to stoop to your level. I don't have time for people like you and can only pray God has mercy on you.
Re: Types Of Churches That Are Doomed To Fail by poik(m): 12:33am On Aug 29, 2016
yes, true, the church is in the heart. but there is something about 'gathering of the saints' which every believer ought to identify with. God knows you can believe by yourself, yet He demands you identify with a gathering. Sadly, who u gather with determines to a large extent your spiritual journey, by way of the doctrines of the church.
Re: Types Of Churches That Are Doomed To Fail by MrCork: 5:34am On Aug 29, 2016
nkechiben:

darling sinse u ask..did I mention I drive £28 000(cash) range rover spot & am from pekam London! smiley
Re: Types Of Churches That Are Doomed To Fail by KardinalZik(m): 6:17am On Aug 29, 2016
MrCork:

..calm down son..u come to nairaland sayin u lost faith in god simply becuzzz yor woman left u ((READ YOR LAST POST))..AND THEN U become muslim..aint u Muslims antichrist..or did we say somtin wrong? undecided

And now, I am sure you are not to be taken seriously.
1. My woman never left me
2.I was never a Muslim, and haven't yet considered being one
3. My private life remains private; I have never posted anything related to my private life on nairaland
4. I have never lost, and will never loss my faith in God.

This is why I chose to call your judgments "baseless judgments".
Re: Types Of Churches That Are Doomed To Fail by Dontintin: 6:49am On Aug 29, 2016
Funny, how the thread has gone. Anyway, Op you do sound judge mental. Of course you were careful in your write up not to mention churches but your write up is a reflection of what YOU feel is wrong. That's you judging. A good no. Of times we may not know why people do what they do.
I will also point out that these 'sins' are actions of people -maybe the pastor - and not the true reflection of everyone in the church. These people are in every church (every religion). So I suggest you tackle sins next time rather than generalize for everyone in a group. We all have sinners, bad pastors in our churches.

1 Like

Re: Types Of Churches That Are Doomed To Fail by Peace2love: 10:18am On Aug 29, 2016
Nice piece! But the most important thing is to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, we should not be carry away by the name of our churches. God bless!
Re: Types Of Churches That Are Doomed To Fail by MrCork: 11:38am On Aug 29, 2016
Emary:

You're just frustrated and looking for someone to stoop to your level. I don't have time for people like you and can only pray God has mercy on you.

.... Calm down Margaret...i strongly sugess u ask someborry to springkle holy water on yor triangle loookin head or else u U SHALL REMAIN SINGLES & WILL NEVER EVER FIND MAN ON NAIRALAND......

[size=18pt]. [b] ..AMEN!!!!((no oofense)
[/size] angry

1 Like

Re: Types Of Churches That Are Doomed To Fail by MrCork: 11:45am On Aug 29, 2016
KardinalZik:

And now, I am sure you are not to be taken seriously.
1. My woman never left me
2.I was never a Muslim, and haven't yet considered being one
3. My private life remains private; I have never posted anything related to my private life on nairaland
4. I have never lost, and will never loss my faith in God.

This is why I chose to call your judgments "baseless judgments".

...so again..u sayin u want private life on nairaland (forgetin nairaland is public forum) & u want a woman so God can love u to become a woman?? ((READ YOR LAST POST))....Son, I strongly suggggest u find a local juju doctor..u really need. Help!! (no oofense)) undecided

2 Likes

Re: Types Of Churches That Are Doomed To Fail by MrCork: 2:11pm On Aug 30, 2016
iliyande:
"Death is not a topic we enjoy. Death of churches is not a topic I enjoy," "You see, I love the local church. I love it despite it's flaws, sins, and hypocrisies. Jesus loves me despite my flaws, sins, and hypocrisies."

Sadly, too many churches are dying today. As a concerned Christian, there are need to share with congregations what they must avoid being to be able to survive.

The Ex-Bible Church

The first type of churches doomed to fail is the ex-Bible church. "These churches have abandoned the truths of the Scripture. A few are explicit in their denials. But many just give lip service to the Bible,".

Congregations belonging to ex-Bible churches do not study Scripture, and those pastors do not handle biblical texts. Sadly, the Word of God has no power in this kind of churches.

Dress and Appearance

Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? … The temple of God is holy, which temple ye are. 1 Corinthians 3:16–17.

Many churches today will say, "Well, God looks on the heart. God doesn't care what you look like on the outside. God just looks on the heart." That is true. God does look on the heart, but man cannot see the heart. Man can only see the outer. Not only that, the outer appearance is usually a pretty good indicator of what is in a person's heart. Although it is possible to look right on the outside and be wrong on the inside, it is well nigh impossible to look right on the outside and be right on the inside. What is on the outside comes from the inside. That is why Jesus said, "out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh" (Matthew 12:34). Granted, a man could say the right things, and have a wrong heart, but a man who had a right heart would never say the wrong things. So the outer appearance is the only indicator that man has that someone is right with God, right in their heart. So God does care how we look. Not only does God care how we look, there are rules in the Bible for both men and women that should govern our appearance.

Now, whenever you start to talking about these rules, the women are always the first ones to complain, because there are more rules for the women than there are for the men. And I often wonder why the Bible has all these rules for the women and very few rules for the men, and the reason why is because men and women are made differently. I know that is not a "politically correct" thing to say, but it is none the less true. God made man and women differently.

Men are stimulated by sight. This is why Jesus told the men of His day, "whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart" (Matthew 5:28). Men are stimulated by sight. Men are always attracted to a lady, physically, before they are connected to her emotionally. In fact, they don't even want to pursue the possibility of an emotional relationship, if the physical attraction isn't there.

Club Church

Members in these churches see their membership as perks and privileges. They want their styles of music, their worship service times, their types of architecture, and their preferred lengths of sermons. They pay their dues, so they should get their benefits."

Bad Words

These are the churches where bullies go unchecked, where personnel committees and boards work in darkness, and where gossip and backstabbing are common. These churches expend most of their energy on bad words. They thus don't have the time or energy to share the good news.

Churches That Fail to Forgive

Members in the church often turn to the Pastor for prayer, advice, and comfort when facing a divorce. They are shocked when the prayer, advice, and comfort are not forthcoming. Instead they receive a shunning from the Pastor and other members of the church. Thinking the situation will improve they stay a while longer but are eventually forced to leave by the social pressures applied. In other cases they are directly told to attend some other church.

The Bible clearly teaches that the Spirit-filled Christian can at times succumb to temptation and fall short. The truth is that every born again Christian still has sins of pride, coveting, dishonesty, etc. Repentance should be accepted by the Pastor, but much of the time it is not. The Pastor simply asks the member to leave. This is strictly contrary to Scripture. God's warning to Pastors is very clear.

JAMES 3:1 My brethren, let not many of you become teachers, knowing that we shall receive a stricter judgment.

My hope and prayer is that God should deliver these churches from their "death throes," too many churches are already dying.

#tosinjay ...

But why is this tread created to atract Antichrist and Islamic Muslims?...everyone belig thoise people r racist!(no oofense)
angry
Re: Types Of Churches That Are Doomed To Fail by MisterKings(m): 7:31pm On Aug 31, 2016
nkechiben:

INCLUDING YOU!

No not me, u and ur whole generation
Re: Types Of Churches That Are Doomed To Fail by Praisegodalways: 1:11am On Sep 01, 2016
Check out @astageforpraise on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook for the latest Christian material!!
Re: Types Of Churches That Are Doomed To Fail by MisterKings(m): 1:36am On Nov 15, 2016
nkechiben:

INCLUDING YOU!

Them tell u say i dey go church? Na una wey dey go go hear am

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"My Grandpa Who Worshipped Idols For 47 Years Converts To Christianity" - Man / Jesus Loves You / Damilola Mike-bamiloye Prayed In Yoruba Language At A Christian Conference In US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.