Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

Jesus Walked On Water: - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Walked On Water: (2202 Views)

Even Jesus Walked On The Ground, What Name Will You Give This? / Preacher Attempts To Walk On Water And Drowns. / Man 'Walks' On Water With His Bare Feet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Walked On Water: by kolaxy(m): 9:45pm On Oct 01, 2009
Any scientific explanation pls? wink
Re: Jesus Walked On Water: by mazaje(m): 10:08pm On Oct 01, 2009
kolaxy:

Re: Jesus Walked On Water: by kolaxy(m): 10:48pm On Oct 01, 2009
@mazaje, thanks.  grin But i'm talking about Jesus walking on 'water' not 'ice'. The man in the picture was walking on ice which I can do as well.  wink
Re: Jesus Walked On Water: by macIB(m): 10:53pm On Oct 01, 2009
lol, cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Jesus Walked On Water: by Nobody: 6:12am On Oct 02, 2009
kolaxy:

interesting question though i dont know the answer.

probably some kind of surface tension- just guessing and I could be wrong.

wiki

[img]http://www.australien-bilder.de/assets/images/db_images/db_magnificent_moments_csg014_jesus_lizard_running_on_water1.jpg[/img]
Re: Jesus Walked On Water: by Krayola(m): 6:40am On Oct 02, 2009
The gospel writers told parables, like Jesus did. Those stories point at other things, and should not be taken literally.
Re: Jesus Walked On Water: by Nobody: 7:10am On Oct 02, 2009
Krayola:

The gospel writers told parables, like Jesus did. Those stories point at other things, and should not be taken literally.

maybe
Re: Jesus Walked On Water: by Chrisbenogor(m): 7:34am On Oct 02, 2009
Surface tension, who knows what state of mind these bible writers were self
Re: Jesus Walked On Water: by Krayola(m): 7:56am On Oct 02, 2009
The bible writers were just doing their thing. That was how stories were told back then. It's not their fault people don't want to use their heads.
Re: Jesus Walked On Water: by Tonyet1(m): 9:53am On Oct 02, 2009
*shakes head and exhale*

see what too much school can do!
Re: Jesus Walked On Water: by manmustwac(m): 10:45am On Oct 02, 2009
kolaxy:

There is no scientific explanation, back in those primitive days he just walked out into the sea and stepped on stragetically placed stones that gave the impession that he was walking on water.
Re: Jesus Walked On Water: by shayoor(f): 11:51am On Oct 02, 2009
lol
Re: Jesus Walked On Water: by wirinet(m): 12:30pm On Oct 02, 2009
I had wanted to open a thread about this Jesus (and Peter) walking on water Miracle. I wanted to ask that why is it that of all the miracles that Jesus was said to have performed, it is this one that have defied repetition. Our Miracle working pastor had claimed to heal the deaf and blind, heal leprosy, cure AIDS, cancer in infact cure all illnesses, Even some said they had raised a dead man from the grave. But why had none claimed to have walked on water? after all they can perform all miracles Jesus performed - with enough faith of course.

The walking on Water miracle is actually Flying in the Air miracles, Because if you can defy gravity to the point that only your the sole of your feet are touching the water surface undisturbed by the undulating waves, then you are flying over water and not walking on water.

So i am waiting!!!!
Re: Jesus Walked On Water: by Gentleme1: 12:34pm On Oct 02, 2009
^ are you hungry? grin grin
Re: Jesus Walked On Water: by Nobody: 3:13pm On Oct 02, 2009
wirinet:

I had wanted to open a thread about this Jesus (and Peter) walking on water Miracle. I wanted to ask that why is it that of all the miracles that Jesus was said to have performed, it is this one that have defied repetition. Our Miracle working pastor had claimed to heal the deaf and blind, heal leprosy, cure AIDS, cancer in infact cure all illnesses, Even some said they had raised a dead man from the grave. But why had none claimed to have walked on water? after all they can perform all miracles Jesus performed - with enough faith of course.

The walking on Water miracle is actually Flying in the Air miracles, Because if you can defy gravity to the point that only your the sole of your feet are touching the water surface undisturbed by the undulating waves, then you are flying over water and not walking on water.

So i am waiting!!!!

i doubt it was flying though of course never say never.

The term walking is pretty specific though.

anyway, I'm more interested in seeing if such a thing can be replicated.

@ all atheists and kaffirs grin

make una go check out the latest addition to your evolutionary tree nah. Why wasting time discussing fables and lies.
Re: Jesus Walked On Water: by jagunlabi(m): 3:40pm On Oct 02, 2009
It would have been better if people have had less schooling,no? Then maybe they wouldn't have questioned somebody walking on water. . . grin
Tonye-t:

*shakes head and exhale*

Re: Jesus Walked On Water: by Nobody: 4:01pm On Oct 02, 2009
btw isnt wirinet an atheist as well?

i dont know- the way you people are going, you make the Christians look like Galileo with his revolutionary vision while you guys seem stuck in antiquated and obsolete ideas.

jagunlabi:

It would have been better if people have had less schooling,no? Then maybe they wouldn't have questioned somebody walking on water. . . grin

Tonye-t:

*shakes head and exhale*

knock schooling for inventing a computer that lets you post grin
Re: Jesus Walked On Water: by Nobody: 1:05am On Oct 03, 2009
Is he not God? Why can't he walk on water and defy all scientific explanation? *tscheeewww*
Re: Jesus Walked On Water: by Krayola(m): 1:30am On Oct 03, 2009
When your grand mother tells u a story about the tortoise that won a race against a hare, or the little bird that flew too high and burned its wings, or the little boy that cried "wolf"; the question that usually follows is not "did all this really happen?" The question that usually follows is

[size=14pt]"THE MORAL OF THE STORY IS . . . . . . . . . .?"[/size]

When reading ancient literature, scripture, or whatever, we sometimes fail to realize that a great cultural divide separates us from the context in which the stories were told. What is important is to get the TRUTH contained in the story, and not the truth of the story (did that really happen?). Back then stories with a lot of deep meaning and wisdom were told in very simple forms so that they could be taught to children and passed from generation to generation. That was how people were "educated' back then. We get caught up in our modern age obsession with facts, that we forget that just because something isn't factual, does not mean it does not contain timeless Truth.
Re: Jesus Walked On Water: by bawomolo(m): 1:39am On Oct 03, 2009
Tonye-t:

*shakes head and exhale*

word, lets go back to the days of praying for the god to provide rain
Re: Jesus Walked On Water: by kolaxy(m): 2:00am On Oct 03, 2009
@ wirinet
had wanted to open a thread about this Jesus (and Peter) walking on water Miracle. I wanted to ask that why is it that of all the miracles that Jesus was said to have performed, it is this one that have defied repetition. Our Miracle working pastor had claimed to heal the deaf and blind, heal leprosy, cure AIDS, cancer in infact cure all illnesses, Even some said they had raised a dead man from the grave. But why had none claimed to have walked on water? after all they can perform all miracles Jesus performed - with enough faith of course.

Question and Answer, You are 'three' good wink
Re: Jesus Walked On Water: by Kunbee: 4:02am On Oct 03, 2009
stillwater:

Is he not God? Why can't he walk on water and defy all scientific explanation? *tscheeewww*

Abi oooo
Re: Jesus Walked On Water: by kolaxy(m): 5:24am On Oct 03, 2009
@kunbee

Abio oooooo
grin

Tell them
Re: Jesus Walked On Water: by Nobody: 5:08pm On Oct 06, 2009
this simply aint possible
Re: Jesus Walked On Water: by kolaxy(m): 10:51pm On Oct 06, 2009
@enitan2002

this simply aint possible

Matthew 19:26

26Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." wink
Re: Jesus Walked On Water: by mazaje(m): 11:20pm On Oct 06, 2009
kolaxy:

Matthew 19:26

26Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." wink

Why can't you god heal amputees and make their amputated limbs grow back?
Re: Jesus Walked On Water: by kolaxy(m): 12:23am On Oct 07, 2009
@mazaje

Who says? My God (the living God) is more than capable to heal the amputees. Remember he gave life even to the dead (Lazarus).That to me was even much more greater than healing an amputee. However, the only thing God is demanding from us is our soul and not our body. Our body was made from the soil and it shall return to the soil.Only our soul shall live eternally whether in heaven or Hell. For me, I'll rather go to Heaven as an amputee than go to hell with my hands/legs intact. Remember what Jesus said in Mark 9:45 And if your foot causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life crippled than to have two feet and be thrown into hell . wink
Re: Jesus Walked On Water: by kolaxy(m): 1:09am On Oct 07, 2009
Mark 3:1-5

Jesus Heals on the Sabbath

1He entered again into a synagogue; and a man was there whose hand was withered.
2They were watching Him to see if He would heal him on the Sabbath, so that they might accuse Him.

3He said to the man with the withered hand, "Get up and come forward!"

4And He said to them, "Is it lawful to do good or to do harm on the Sabbath, to save a life or to kill?" But they kept silent.

5After looking around at them with anger, grieved at their hardness of heart, He said to the man, "Stretch out your hand." And he stretched it out, and his hand was restored.

Note: Withered means Faded; dried up; shriveled; wilted; wasted; wasted away   wink grin
Re: Jesus Walked On Water: by Nobody: 2:24am On Oct 07, 2009
mazaje:

He doesnt have to do anything magic tricks just on your say so.

Cry till next week if you like.
Re: Jesus Walked On Water: by bawomolo(m): 3:46am On Oct 07, 2009
tpia.:

umm did the likes of moses, paul, jesus perform magics tricks.
Re: Jesus Walked On Water: by Nobody: 3:53am On Oct 07, 2009
bawomolo:

umm did the likes of moses, paul, jesus perform magics tricks.

commanding God to "perform" for your personal amusement is like asking for magic tricks.

If you're going to believe, believe, and if you're not going to, then waka pass. Or who is begging you? 

certainly not me.
Re: Jesus Walked On Water: by mazaje(m): 4:33am On Oct 07, 2009
tpia.:

The person that is actually crying here is you. . . . .The problem is that the bible says that jesus himself promised those who believe in him the ability to perform greater magic than what was written down about him. . . .he promised those that believe in him greater ability to perfom magic. . . .

I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it. John 14:12-14

I did not write these things in your bible. . . . do you believe in jesus and have faith in his teachings? How many amputees have you personally healed? remember jesus saıd if you have faith in his teachings you will do greater things than the things that were written about him. . . how many blind people have you healed? have you ever walked on water? what about raising people from the dead?how many people have you raised from the dead? have you ever turned water into wine? do you believe in jesus? how many of these things have you ever done? did jesus not say that you can perform magic if you have faith in his teachings? do you have faith? have you ever healed a person that is deaf before? Why or why not. . . .answer the questions and stop crying all over the place. . . it was your jesus that promised you the ability to perfom magic not me. . . . .

(1) (2) (Reply)

9 Signs You Might Be An Empath / Winning The Battle For Your Mind ( Part 3 ) - Joseph Prince / Newsweek Lists Nigerian Pentecostal Among World Influencers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.