Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,362 members, 7,815,775 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

Let Us Pray For Nigeria - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Let Us Pray For Nigeria (1047 Views)

Muslims Block Road In Victoria Island To Pray, Causing Traffic Jam / Oyedepo & Kumuyi Meet At Abuja Stadium To Pray For Nigeria / Let Us Pray And Fast For Our Country... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let Us Pray For Nigeria by ValentineMary(m): 10:22am On Aug 28, 2016
Boko Haram has terrorized Nigeria for several years and it looks as though they want to make Nigeria an islamic state. No problem let's pray for Nigeria.

Herdsmen attacked several villages in Nigeria kiling hundreds of people and destroying so many properties. No problem we would just pray for Nigeria.

The economy is in recession and it looks very bad for the poor masses who suffer the most. No problem we would join hands and pray for Nigeria.

The level of rape has grown in the country and our young girls are no longer safe to go out at night. No problem prayer solves all problem.

We lack good leders who would take us to the next level and who would show us the way. Let us pray for God to send a good leader.

Our educational system is getting worse with badinfrastructure and worse management. Don't worry we would just pray.

I remembered as kids when we went to block rosary and we would be told to pray the prayer against bribery and corruption in Nigeria. And our parents would join us in that prayer and the next Monday they would pay for special centre. Even the bible said in the book of James "Prayer without good work is useless" I am not against prayer. You can pray all u want just don't use it to disturb me or the community and as long as it does not reduce our sense of reasoning. But in Nigeria it seems prayer is a tool used to achieve all the mentioned purposes. We disturb neighbours with our prayer, disturb our community with vigil and we no longer reason.

What is prayer? Prayer is simply telling God that his laid down divine plan for the world is wrong and u have a better idea. ·

Since christianity came to Nigeria about 170 years ago, we have been praying. And if u want to be honest with yourself whether atheist or theist, prayer has not done much for Nigeria as a whole. If we continuously do something the same way hoping to get a different result then we are wasting our time.We have tried prayer for a long while and it has not been working. Don't u think it's about time we hada game changer
Which country has ever become successful by bringing all it's able bodied men and best minds to hold night vigil and pray all day? but in Nigeria we encourage such, we even subsidize pilgrimage for people to go and pray for us and also stone the devil on our behalf. How shameful.

It is time to wake up. Prayer can't solve our problems rather critical thinking and planning would. Instead of saying let us pray for Nigeria we should rather say let us work for Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Let Us Pray For Nigeria by Nobody: 10:26am On Aug 28, 2016
Quotable quote #2
Prayer is simply telling God that hos laid down divine plan for the world is wrong and u have a better idea

Two hands doing work is better than a thousand clasped in prayer!

1 Like

Re: Let Us Pray For Nigeria by ValentineMary(m): 12:38pm On Aug 28, 2016
Cc Seun, sirwere, weah96, hopefullandlord, johnnydon22, cloudgoddess, ifeness, theonejabulani, seunlanlege, drew0, dekatron, Hahn, stephenmorris, unclesnr, Eyehategod, Ranchhoddas, Kay7, kevoh, k9blunt, hardmirror, tempakguy, Amenra1, oglalasioux, Feargodandlive, madcow, frenchkiss et all

1 Like

Re: Let Us Pray For Nigeria by Nobody: 1:05pm On Aug 28, 2016
ValentineMary:
Boko Haram has terrorized Nigeria for several years and it looks as though they want to make Nigeria an islamic state. No problem let's pray for Nigeria.

Herdsmen attacked several villages in Nigeria kiling hundreds of people and destroying so many properties. No problem we would just pray for Nigeria.

The economy is in recession and it looks very bad for the poor masses who suffer the most. No problem we would join hands and pray for Nigeria.

The level of rape has grown in the country and our young girls are no longer safe to go out at night. No problem prayer solves all problem.

We lack good leders who would take us to the next level and who would show us the way. Let us pray for God to send a good leader.

Our educational system is getting worse with badinfrastructure and worse management. Don't worry we would just pray.

I remembered as kids when we went to block rosary and we would be told to pray the prayer against bribery and corruption in Nigeria. And our parents would join us in that prayer and the next Monday they would pay for special centre. Even the bible said in the book of James "Prayer without good work is useless" I am not against prayer. You can pray all u want just don't use it to disturb me or the community and as long as it does not reduce our sense of reasoning. But in Nigeria it seems prayer is a tool used to achieve all the mentioned purposes. We disturb neighbours with our prayer, disturb our community with vigil and we no longer reason.

What is prayer? Prayer is simply telling God that his laid down divine plan for the world is wrong and u have a better idea. ·

Since christianity came to Nigeria about 170 years ago, we have been praying. And if u want to be honest with yourself whether atheist or theist, prayer has not done much for Nigeria as a whole. If we continuously do something the same way hoping to get a different result then we are wasting our time.We have tried prayer for a long while and it has not been working. Don't u think it's about time we hada game changer
Which country has ever become successful by bringing all it's able bodied men and best minds to hold night vigil and pray all day? but in Nigeria we encourage such, we even subsidize pilgrimage for people to go and pray for us and also stone the devil on our behalf. How shameful.

It is time to wake up. Prayer can't solve our problems rather critical thinking and planning would. Instead of saying let us pray for Nigeria we should rather say let us work for Nigeria.

I'm glad someone has seen the truth, there is already a mass awakening of humans going on, especially the blacks we are spirituality.

Religion is a tool to decieve us. If I decipher the bible here you will see hidden messages, I don't have strength to type noe self, I'm tired at the moment.

My little contribution.

Those yaweh deluded fools will never listen but I don't blame them. Mind delusion is very hard to break free from.

2 Likes

Re: Let Us Pray For Nigeria by Ranchhoddas: 1:14pm On Aug 28, 2016
Quotable quote #3
SirWere:

Two hands doing work is better than a thousand clasped in prayer!
Prayer no fit charge phone (Sonoflucifer, 2016)
Re: Let Us Pray For Nigeria by EyeHateGod: 1:19pm On Aug 28, 2016
grin

1 Like

Re: Let Us Pray For Nigeria by theoneJabulani(m): 5:19pm On Aug 28, 2016
Well done, Valentine. Brilliant as always. Hope these theists see past their delusions.
Re: Let Us Pray For Nigeria by CAPSLOCKED: 5:44pm On Aug 28, 2016
theoneJabulani:
Hope these theists see past their delusions.

HELL NO, THERE ARE BIG THICK BLANKETS OF "FAITH IN A BEING THAT'S BEEN NO WHERE TO BE FOUND SINCE AFTER THE DAYS OF JEZUS AND HIS DISCIPLES, AND THE FEAR OF A HORRIBLE DEATH AND ETERNAL TORMENT IN HELL" OVER THEIR FACES.

2 Likes

Re: Let Us Pray For Nigeria by CAPSLOCKED: 5:53pm On Aug 28, 2016
EyeHateGod:
grin

LOL, MAYBE IN THE PIC YOU UPLOADED, PRAY FOR RICE SHOULD FALL UNDER PRAY FOR NICE.
NOT EVERYONE IN THIS "GODS PEOPLE" COUNTRY CAN AFFORD A PLATE OF IT.

MEANWHILE I HOPE THIS MEME I DID MAKES A BIT OF SENSE TO YAH smiley

1 Like

Re: Let Us Pray For Nigeria by UncleSnr(m): 7:23pm On Aug 28, 2016
Even Jesus Christ says he doesn't listen to prayers.

Re: Let Us Pray For Nigeria by raphieMontella: 7:30pm On Aug 28, 2016
I wonder why any sound human would clasp his/her two hands together,,go down on his/her knees and start crying,,begging,,shouting,,commanding an imaginary being..
When those hands and legs could be put to effective use and that time utilized properly..

Africa is the world's most religious continent yet it is the most backward in the world..
Probably the gods they pray to are dead...

Africans take religion like a drug..and breaking free from that addiction is a real 'MIRACLE'

1 Like

Re: Let Us Pray For Nigeria by raphieMontella: 7:38pm On Aug 28, 2016

1 Like

Re: Let Us Pray For Nigeria by ifenes(m): 3:35pm On Aug 30, 2016
ValentineMary:
Cc Seun, sirwere, weah96, hopefullandlord, johnnydon22, cloudgoddess, ifeness, theonejabulani, seunlanlege, drew0, dekatron, Hahn, stephenmorris, unclesnr, Eyehategod, Ranchhoddas, Kay7, kevoh, k9blunt, hardmirror, tempakguy, Amenra1, oglalasioux, Feargodandlive, madcow, frenchkiss et all

I am aware of what Nigerian is going through. However I do think the citizens of this country are experiencing exactly that they are the vibration of. You cannot be over reliant on barbaric negative beliefs and reap positive out comes. Change your core belief system to experience a positive outcome. You created the recessions,bad leaders etc

Prayers is not the solution. You think everything is magic? Prayer is an act of gratitude for what you already have. You have everything you can ever need. The problem is how to shift to exactly what you want. Until you change your mentality you will keep enjoying your recessions.

This is where the christians need to call on their god

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Let Us Pray For Nigeria by sonofluc1fer: 10:56pm On Aug 31, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Quotable quote #3Prayer no fit charge phone (Sonoflucifer, 2016)
tongue
Re: Let Us Pray For Nigeria by Praisegodalways: 1:06am On Sep 01, 2016
Check out @astageforpraise on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook for the latest Christian material!!

(1) (Reply)

Canadian Mayor Refuses To Remove Pork From School Canteen Menu And Explains Why / Atheists: Things To Say To Your Kids / Can You Marry A Guy Who Doesn't Go To Church.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.