Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Nigerian Engineer To Build Iraqi Railway - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerian Engineer To Build Iraqi Railway (4787 Views)

Is Engineer Godson Sunday A Scam / Is Buying Iraqi Dinars A Smart Way To Get Rich Quickly? / Railway Corporation Relaunches Lagos-ilorin Route (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Engineer To Build Iraqi Railway by mekuslogan: 1:02am On Oct 02, 2009
Nigerian to build Iraqi railway
Submitted by Iye
Yesterday 
Nigerian to build Iraqi railway

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Nex, -146/story.csp

A Nigerian engineer, Jude Igwemezie, has won a $500 million
contract to build a monorail network in Iraq.
Mr. Igwemezie trained and lives in Canada; he also heads
TransGlobim International, the engineering company that won
the bid. The contract is to construct what is described as
“a viable rail transportation network” for the city of
Najaf. The network will connect three Islamic holy and
historic mosques in Imam Ali, Kufa and Sahle.
Frustration of selling good ideas in Nigeria
An elated Mr. Igwemezie told NEXT in a telephone interview
that the project is billed to be completed in three years,
and will be built in two phases. The first phase, he said,
will cover the design, construction and operation of the
system while the second phase will involve the expansion of
the system and its extension to the Najaf airport and the
final phase. Mr. Igwemezie, who said he has been involved in
negotiation with Nigerian officials in the last 18 months to
construct several rail lines in the country, disclosed that
it took “only two months to get the Memorandum of
Understanding (MoU) executed with Iraqi officials”.
Hinting
at his frustration to offer his services to Nigeria, Mr.
Igwemezie said, “as a Diaspora person, I kept coming back,
knocking, to help Nigeria. On the other hand I can’t knock
forever.” Problem of railway in Nigeria
Mr. Igwemezie, who wants to build a standard gauge railway
system from Lagos to Calabar, believes that Nigeria is a
place where railway service is going to be “profitable and
successful because of its size and population and because we
have a demography similar to that in Europe”. However, he
said, the bane of railway in Nigeria is that “we have
brought the wrong people to help us”.
Gains of railway
Mr. Igwemezie, who lost his father in a road accident,
believes that the railway line will take pressure off the
roads and rid them of the unnecessary delays and loss of
lives associated with road travel. He described the
Benin-Ore road as “a killing field”, and said with the
construction of the East-West corridor, there is no reason
why someone who lives in Benin cannot work in Lagos since it
will only take two hours on an express line to get to Lagos
from Benin.

Re: Nigerian Engineer To Build Iraqi Railway by mekuslogan: 1:02am On Oct 02, 2009
I am from the same town with this man.
Re: Nigerian Engineer To Build Iraqi Railway by bawomolo(m): 5:18am On Oct 02, 2009
mekuslogan:

I am from the same town with this man.

you want a cookie for this achievement?
Re: Nigerian Engineer To Build Iraqi Railway by blackspade(m): 5:32am On Oct 02, 2009
Excellent news, the guy is doing great things. *applause*

This is the type of talent we have all over the diaspora. . . . .but FG wants to bring in Chinese and Koreans to build our railways and other infrastructures. undecided
Re: Nigerian Engineer To Build Iraqi Railway by OgidiBoy(m): 5:36am On Oct 02, 2009
I'm sorry, your heading is misleading, Transglobim won the bid to build the rail system in Iraq not Mr Igwemezie.
Re: Nigerian Engineer To Build Iraqi Railway by chic2pimp(m): 6:00am On Oct 02, 2009
bawomolo:

you want a cookie for this achievement?
ROFLMAOWPIMP grin grin grin grin grin. That line was just raw. I certainly didn't see that coming.
Re: Nigerian Engineer To Build Iraqi Railway by emyah(m): 12:32pm On Oct 02, 2009
It is no suprise that there are no comments to this article,this because, it is quite simply dumbfounding. There is nothing one can say, as the news leave one speachless. Our own government because of the apathy that surrounds it, whenever it comes to doing the correct things for its people, here again shows its incompetance and lack of direction, whilst standing back and watching other nations ursuping Nigerian talent to do the correct things for their own people. Irak that is still under the hangover of a tragic war, is just three years away from a railway network, with the use of a Nigerian Engineer. Nigeria that is 50 cannot even employ the services that is commonly available to build a simple tram network.
Re: Nigerian Engineer To Build Iraqi Railway by emyah(m): 12:36pm On Oct 02, 2009
I must say, this is a nice piece of material, well organised and structured. Informative and disseminating relevant information. Nigeria needs Nigerians dat would not wait for Nigeria. I know one day, I would make a mark on the global stage. Congratulations Mr Igwemezie, Proudly Igbo
Re: Nigerian Engineer To Build Iraqi Railway by saintneo(m): 12:53pm On Oct 02, 2009
u c Igbo people are the new saviours of Africa. Give us d chance.
Re: Nigerian Engineer To Build Iraqi Railway by citizenY(m): 1:06pm On Oct 02, 2009

@ EMYAH

WE WERE ALREADY DISCUSSING MATTER ONLY THERE WERE NO PICS

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=330702.msg4639231#msg4639231

THESE ARE THE PEOPLE WHO SHOULD BE WORKING TO PUT THINGS RIGHT,

ATTACH ONE PROJECT TO EACH POINT OF THE SO CALLED 7 POINT AGENDA AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS.

INSTEAD NA CHINESE AND INDIANS
Re: Nigerian Engineer To Build Iraqi Railway by Nchara: 4:07pm On Oct 02, 2009
OgidiBoy:

I'm sorry, your heading is misleading, Transglobim won the bid to build the rail system in Iraq not Mr Igwemezie.

Who is the founder of Transglobim?
Re: Nigerian Engineer To Build Iraqi Railway by Nobody: 4:17pm On Oct 02, 2009
I weep for my country
Re: Nigerian Engineer To Build Iraqi Railway by OAM4J: 4:34pm On Oct 02, 2009
saintneo:

u c Igbo people are the new saviours of Africa. Give us d chance.

Tribalised again! I reserve my comment.
Re: Nigerian Engineer To Build Iraqi Railway by mamagee6(f): 4:51pm On Oct 02, 2009
Yarasick needs to step down.[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]
Re: Nigerian Engineer To Build Iraqi Railway by banom(m): 5:03pm On Oct 02, 2009
@ Topic,

An Igboman to build Iraq Railway. Not a Nigerian please.
Re: Nigerian Engineer To Build Iraqi Railway by Uchek(m): 5:03pm On Oct 02, 2009
I concur with Aisha. I have been weeping for my country for the past 20 years.

We depend on Chinese technology and manpower when Nigerians showcased their technology and skill over 4 decades ago in the Biafran war.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Engineer To Build Iraqi Railway by novaman: 12:07pm On Oct 03, 2009
We shud stop seeing this from a tribal point it make no sense, instead we shud find a way to stop this evil govt come 2011, so that we can bring govt that can understand the importance of developing & supporting the human resources available. Before giving out any contract the govt must 1st ensure that no naija company can do it well
Re: Nigerian Engineer To Build Iraqi Railway by Quod: 10:01am On Oct 04, 2009
Re: Nigerian Engineer To Build Iraqi Railway by yeswecan(m): 10:13am On Oct 04, 2009
Nice one
Re: Nigerian Engineer To Build Iraqi Railway by Akpangbon: 11:20am On Oct 04, 2009
Ask him how much in bribe he paid to the corrupt Iraqi officials and you will know that he is still a Nigerian.

And whats the big deal anyway? He heads TransGlobim, so what? They won the project, so what? What makes the story special? Because he is Nigerian? What is the big deal about that? Low thinking perfidies.
Re: Nigerian Engineer To Build Iraqi Railway by mekuslogan: 8:17pm On Oct 04, 2009
Akpangbon:

Ask him how much in bribe he paid to the corrupt Iraqi officials and you will know that he is still a Nigerian.

And whats the big deal anyway? He heads TransGlobim, so what? They won the project, so what? What makes the story special? Because he is Nigerian? What is the big deal about that? Low thinking perfidies.

Only a bribe-giving slowpoke such as^^ would assume every other person does the same. What an urchinic mentality
Re: Nigerian Engineer To Build Iraqi Railway by princekevo(m): 6:52am On Oct 05, 2009
Akpangbon:

With youths like you who think the way you do it means Nigeria have no future, coz you are no different from the way our current leaders reason. The same attitude of  and so what from our leader kept this guys away from the home country as such utilising their talents where they are being appreciated. To you Every Nigerian achievement out there means jst and so what  to you.
Have you ever reasoned that all the input of these great achievers put together into Nigeria will sure make it a great nation?
Re: Nigerian Engineer To Build Iraqi Railway by Akpangbon: 8:15am On Oct 05, 2009
How will his input make it a great nation?

Havent you read his company profile to see that he constantly executes project in Nigeria?

You are all low thinking mushrooms who gets excited by the lowest reason possible. Ask him how much bribe he paid in getting that project from the IRAQis and you will forever shut up. Dont you know IRAQIs are much more corrupt than Nigerians? Do your homework very well before screaming blue murder un necessarily.
Re: Nigerian Engineer To Build Iraqi Railway by princekevo(m): 9:23am On Oct 05, 2009
Mr. Igwemezie, who said he has been involved in
Hinting
have a demography similar to that in Europe”.

I think you are the one who did not understand the article well.
If you read the above in capital you will understand that this guy like other achiever out there have made several attemp to build a good railway system in Nigerian, but he is being kicked out like every other persons.

Reason with your brain and not with your foot, There is different between bribing your way out to secure a contract and Lobbying. Am meant to understand lobbying to secure a contract or somthing done is not an act of corruption.
If these guy actually secured the contract by bribing then i dont see why he couldnt bribe his way out to secure the Nigerian railway contract,

Mind you not every 140million have a corupt mind as you do. That your are being corrupt doesnt mean every other Nigerian is corrupt , so spare us that generalization please. Being a Nigerian doesnt make you a corrupt person but your individaul minds.
Re: Nigerian Engineer To Build Iraqi Railway by blackspade(m): 9:53am On Oct 05, 2009
@ Akpangbon

Since its so easy for you to criticize this mans great achievement, what exactly have you done for Nigeria besides badmouthing the shining stars in the diaspora?

U dey vex cuz u jobless?
Re: Nigerian Engineer To Build Iraqi Railway by Akpangbon: 10:04am On Oct 05, 2009
Foolish- an MOU is not the same as a contract - he only signed an MOU - read up what an MOU is.

I am not bad mouthing the man - i am talking against those who find it easy criticising the government at every little opportunity possible - great if he does business with IRAq, but that doesnt make him the best and that doesnt mean the Nigerian government should listen to him if there are better contractors from Nigeria worldwide or whatever.
Re: Nigerian Engineer To Build Iraqi Railway by blackspade(m): 10:11am On Oct 05, 2009
Why are you digressing from my question?

What have you done??
Re: Nigerian Engineer To Build Iraqi Railway by Akpangbon: 10:33am On Oct 05, 2009
Black whatever

Some questions are so foolish they dont need to be answered, yours seems to be on top of the list.
Re: Nigerian Engineer To Build Iraqi Railway by bawomolo(m): 3:24pm On Oct 05, 2009
Mr. Igwemezie, who said he has been involved in
Hinting
have a demography similar to that in Europe”.

someone tell the man if he wants a contract in Nigeria, he needs to wet some palms.
Re: Nigerian Engineer To Build Iraqi Railway by princekevo(m): 4:08pm On Oct 05, 2009
Akpangbon:

Foolish- an MOU is not the same as a contract - he only signed an MOU - read up what an MOU is.

This guy you must be blind or probably you lack understand.
The first two lines of the article stated it clearly.

A Nigerian engineer, Jude Igwemezie, has won a $500 million
contract to build a monorail network in Iraq.
and not jst MOU.
Seems jealouse some times blind folds us as such we lost our sense of sight.
You keep on recommending people to go and read up, i think you are the one who need to.
The man jst sited an example with the MOU and how fast it was executed with Iraqs official. We all knows what it takes for that MOU to be executed in Nigeria,
Re: Nigerian Engineer To Build Iraqi Railway by loma(m): 4:25pm On Oct 05, 2009
Just google up the guy, and you will find out he is truly an accomplished individual!
Re: Nigerian Engineer To Build Iraqi Railway by princekevo(m): 5:05pm On Oct 05, 2009
loma:

Just google up the guy, and you will find out he is truly an accomplished individual!
Dont mind the haters, They forgot that the way up is to appreciate those who are already up through hardwork and desire to be there, not to jealouse them.

(1) (2) (Reply)

MTN Nigeria Reports 11.2% Rise In Revenue As Subscriber Drops / Power Minister Sacks Olorunsogo Power Plant’s CEO / Konga Using Merchant Money For Business.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.