Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,016 members, 7,835,441 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

My Modern Day Definition Of Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Modern Day Definition Of Marriage (1199 Views)

After 27 Years Of Marriage, 57-year-old Nigerian Woman Gives Birth To Twins / Couple Celebrate Over 50 Years Of Marriage / Two Wasted Months Of Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Modern Day Definition Of Marriage by anigold(m): 6:51pm On Aug 28, 2016
DUE TO THE HIGH LEVEL OF MATERIALISM in our society where a lady marries a guy just because he has money,not necessarily because they love each other..

Dont get my wrong man should be able to cater for his family,but the rate at which we neglect the foundation of marriage which is love is crazy and mind-blowing..
The number reason the society is filled with problems and vices is due to wrong foundation of marriage
I strongly believed that most

"marriages are just a formal association of a male and a female for the main purpose of producing babies and also the exchange of material and sexual benefits between both parties"..
Re: My Modern Day Definition Of Marriage by ednut1(m): 7:25pm On Aug 28, 2016
And vice versa. Some ladies are d bread winners and d husbands parasites grin

3 Likes

Re: My Modern Day Definition Of Marriage by Venusman(m): 8:25pm On Aug 28, 2016
ednut1:
And vice versa. Some ladies are d bread winners and d husbands parasites grin
that's exactly what the Op is saying. why will you call a husband parasite because you were lucky to win bread for the family. I still remember the Bible refers to woman as helper. isn't?
Re: My Modern Day Definition Of Marriage by ednut1(m): 8:40pm On Aug 28, 2016
Venusman:
that's exactly what the Op is saying. why will you call a husband parasite because you were lucky to win bread for the family. I still remember the Bible refers to woman as helper. isn't?
times have changed oga. Women today are empowered nd educated. They occupy key positions in many companies nowadays. The point i was tryin to make was that some guys marry a lady cos of money nd bcom parasites

4 Likes

Re: My Modern Day Definition Of Marriage by KanwuliaExtra: 3:07am On Aug 29, 2016
Aka "shack up and BREED"! cheesy
Re: My Modern Day Definition Of Marriage by Seahawk: 3:15am On Aug 29, 2016
Venusman:
oh but when the woman is the one depending on him she's a gold digger and married for material reasons? undecided

3 Likes

Re: My Modern Day Definition Of Marriage by EfemenaXY: 6:13am On Aug 29, 2016
anigold:

DUE TO THE HIGH LEVEL OF MATERIALISM in our society where a lady marries a guy just because he has money,not necessarily because they love each other..

Dont get my wrong man should be able to cater for his family,but the rate at which we neglect the foundation of marriage which is love is crazy and mind-blowing..
The number reason the society is filled with problems and vices is due to wrong foundation of marriage
I strongly believed that most

"marriages are just a formal association of a male and a female for the main purpose of producing babies and also the exchange of material and sexual benefits between both parties"..

From your write-up, it's easy to tell you aren't married.

The bolded bit of your last paragraph does not constitute the foundation of a good marriage nor does it define what marriage is, but rather highlights one of the outcomes of marriage.

How does having sex and birthing kids lay the foundation of marriage? You don't have to be married to do that. Isn't that what lots of baby mamas and daddies do anyway?

Good, solid marriages are built on trust, understanding, communication, friendship, and love. Sex and babies are simply the icing on the cake.

1 Like

Re: My Modern Day Definition Of Marriage by anigold(m): 6:23pm On Aug 29, 2016
EfemenaXY:

From your write-up, it's easy to tell you aren't married.

The bolded bit of your last paragraph does not constitute the foundation of a good marriage nor does it define what marriage is, but rather highlights one of the outcomes of marriage.

How does having sex and birthing kids lay the foundation of marriage? You don't have to be married to do that. Isn't that what lots of baby mamas and daddies do anyway?

Good, solid marriages are built on trust, understanding, communication, friendship, and love. Sex and babies are simply the icing on the cake.

am letting you know that most marriages are based on materialism.. every married couple will claim that their marriage is based on love,understanding and trust but the honest truth is always the opposite..
Re: My Modern Day Definition Of Marriage by anigold(m): 6:25pm On Aug 29, 2016
ednut1:
times have changed oga. Women today are empowered nd educated. They occupy key positions in many companies nowadays. The point i was tryin to make was that some guys marry a lady cos of money nd bcom parasites

this is true some men are also gold digger,running after wealthy women.. its sad circumstance..
Re: My Modern Day Definition Of Marriage by EfemenaXY: 6:51pm On Aug 29, 2016
anigold:

am letting you know that most marriages are based on materialism.. every married couple will claim that their marriage is based on love,understanding and trust but the honest truth is always the opposite..

Really?

(1) (Reply)

Difficulty In Finding A Husband(photo) / Pls Advise...(strictly For Couples) / Your Society Is Upside Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.