Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

Data Science Tutorial For Beginners With Python Programming Language - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Data Science Tutorial For Beginners With Python Programming Language (8667 Views)

Let's Build A Simple Blog With Python(django) / Astro Programming Language 0.2 (indefinite release) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Data Science Tutorial For Beginners With Python Programming Language by umaryusuf(m): 11:31am On Oct 26, 2016
Fosi:
Hmmmm............Good to know.

I just started learning about Hadoop 3 days ago (because i need to build a datalake ) and the more i read, the more i realized that I need to know other prog. language like Python and R.

Kudos to you for sharing your knowledge with people.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Data Science Tutorial For Beginners With Python Programming Language by BJOO(m): 7:01am On Apr 22, 2017
Great information
Re: Data Science Tutorial For Beginners With Python Programming Language by kennyjam: 3:31pm On Dec 10, 2017
this will be useful to me... thanks bro!
Re: Data Science Tutorial For Beginners With Python Programming Language by macnux: 1:25pm On Jan 31, 2018
For web scraping part, most members talk about using BeautifulSoup.
Well, you miss a very good Python scraping library, which is selenium.
Using selenium, you can scrape Ajax pages, iframes and much more.
Check this guide.
The article shows how to use webdrivers like chrome and firefox.
Re: Data Science Tutorial For Beginners With Python Programming Language by nowpresence(f): 6:05pm On Jan 31, 2018
Good evening I am having trouble installing ggplot2 in r language. my version is 3.42 please any help
Re: Data Science Tutorial For Beginners With Python Programming Language by Desyner: 11:46am On Feb 02, 2018
umaryusuf:
Hello NL,
I will attempt to share the little I know about "Data Science" using the python programming language.

The tutorial will work you through a typical Data Science problem where we will scrape for web data, analyze and visualize the dataset to extract values from it.

Am not sure if someone out there will be interested?

Here is the content of the tutorial:-
1) Introduction
2) Web data Scrapping
3) Data Cleaning
4) Data Analysis and Visualization

PS: At the end of this tutorial, you will be able to pick a small dataset available online and, using Python language, quickly calculate descriptive statistics and show their results with basic charts and tables.
Welldone pal, I was looking for insight on how to detect similarity between two texts and was wondering if you knew any approach for that.
What I want is a way to implement the "related post" feature whereby the page or news item being viewed displays other page link or news link passing the same message of the current page.
Re: Data Science Tutorial For Beginners With Python Programming Language by 4kings: 2:37pm On Feb 02, 2018
Desyner:
Welldone pal, I was looking for insight on how to detect similarity between two texts and was wondering if you knew any approach for that.
What I want is a way to implement the "related post" feature whereby the page or news item being viewed displays other page link or news link passing the same message of the current page.
Interesting.
Use summarization or keywords extraction algorithms like the popular TF-IDF or any other keywords extraction approach like TextRank, Rake and others.
Then compare them based on the rankings generated.
Re: Data Science Tutorial For Beginners With Python Programming Language by 4kings: 2:39pm On Feb 02, 2018
nowpresence:
Good evening
I am having trouble installing ggplot2 in r language.
my version is 3.42
please any help
What error did you encounter or better still how did you try to install the package?
Re: Data Science Tutorial For Beginners With Python Programming Language by Desyner: 4:26pm On Feb 02, 2018
4kings:

Interesting.
Use summarization or keywords extraction algorithms like the popular TF-IDF or any other keywords extraction approach like TextRank, Rake and others.
Then compare them based on the rankings generated.

I found tokenization and lemmatization in Apache OpenNLP but felt I needed more. Thanks.
Re: Data Science Tutorial For Beginners With Python Programming Language by neahyo(m): 4:25pm On Feb 07, 2018
nowpresence:
Good evening I am having trouble installing ggplot2 in r language. my version is 3.42 please any help
install. packages("ggplot2", dep=TRUE)
Re: Data Science Tutorial For Beginners With Python Programming Language by nowpresence(f): 4:54pm On Feb 07, 2018
neahyo:
install. packages("ggplot2", dep=TRUE)
thank you but it is still not downloading saying unable to access index for repository http....
I will upload a picture later
Re: Data Science Tutorial For Beginners With Python Programming Language by MrAmaechi(m): 8:45pm On Oct 14, 2018
WAITING FOR THE NEXT UPDATE HERE FOR DSC
Re: Data Science Tutorial For Beginners With Python Programming Language by Evanspaul(m): 9:28am On Dec 21, 2019
Following you are doing a great job
Re: Data Science Tutorial For Beginners With Python Programming Language by shreygautam: 12:22pm On Oct 03, 2023
Learn data science for beginners with Python programming language! Discover the fundamentals of data analysis, visualization, and machine learning in this easy-to-follow tutorial. Python's simplicity and powerful libraries make it ideal for aspiring data scientists. Unlock the potential of data and kickstart your career with Python Training in Noida at The IoT Academy. Enroll now to become a data science pro!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Any Female Programmers In The House? / What's Tools Do I Need To Start Building A Messaging App / How To Create A Simple Calculator Using Java Programing Language GUI

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.