Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,952 members, 7,810,638 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:32 PM

Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? (8679 Views)

How Many World Class Developers Do We Have On Nairaland / Lagos Bred Software Developer Joins Big Global Tech Company Stackoverflow / Gurus In The House, What Do Backend Developers Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? by wale377(m): 9:35am On May 26, 2021
Hey guys, I’m a network engineer but I want to try the software developers industry.

Although I use python in my field for network automation.

I just started with JavaScript and I’m wondering do I have to cram the whole JavaScript language ?
Or how do you use array, functions, object etc in building real life software or application.

After learning JavaScript basic what next?

Lastly can a developer do without google or stackoverflow or any developers community forum?

2 Likes

Re: Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? by fnep2smooth(m): 9:54am On May 26, 2021
If you are truly a python developer you should know that nobody, I mean no body can cram all the code. You think of what you want to achieve and you research on how to code it.

It may be a new invention or a code someone has solve before, any way you choose you still need to research.

Google and stackoverflow has help millions of developers achieve incredible things till current time.

Don't use Nigeria mentality of studying by craming all the text book in the world to pass.... In code you research and you test what you found in your research. If it works then good, you modify and move on to the next task and if it doesn't, you go back and continue your search.

Hope it helps

113 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? by Nobody: 10:01am On May 26, 2021
wale377:
Hey guys, I’m a network engineer but I want to try the software developers industry.

Although I use python in my field for network automation.

I just started with JavaScript and I’m wondering do I have to cram the whole JavaScript language ?
Or how do you use array, functions, object etc in building real life software or application.

After learning JavaScript basic what next?

Lastly can a developer do without google or stackoverflow or any developers community forum?

Mukina2
1. Learn it don't cram it, just learn the basics then start working on programming problems, everyone learns as they go brother you can't cram everything.

2. Like I said after learning the basics work on some applications to get experience, go to stackoverflow and ask questions or go to other forums and learn there.

3. Nope, this isn't the 80s or 70s we need help all the time and it's more easier asking people online than in real life most especially geeks who are usually unsocial.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? by RealLordZeus(m): 11:48am On May 26, 2021
Well as for me, stack overflow is like a second home

6 Likes

Re: Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? by melodyogonna(m): 11:49am On May 26, 2021
I don't even want to imagine grin
Re: Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? by d1tto(m): 11:49am On May 26, 2021
The speed and accuracy of ones code google search is what makes a good programmer.

Correct me if am wrong.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? by Artymanx1: 11:50am On May 26, 2021
No developer knows it all. You need assistance from other developers on Stackoverflow and Github to further and develop your programming skills. Period!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? by dfrost: 11:50am On May 26, 2021
Ask questions, ask questions, and never get tired of asking questions. smiley

7 Likes

Re: Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? by Chalkmansour03: 11:50am On May 26, 2021
I dont think so
Re: Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? by MeghaneMorgane(f): 11:50am On May 26, 2021
I doubt. You need the both. The information available is too much for you to keep everything in your head.

2 Likes

Re: Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? by BabaIbo: 11:50am On May 26, 2021
Na wetin I be wan use take chop be this but after learning html, css, Java etc. and about to start python or so, I lost interest for it and joined the business world.

1 Like

Re: Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? by Siwisheswereesh: 11:50am On May 26, 2021
What is
Re: Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? by TheSociopath(m): 11:51am On May 26, 2021
Impossible

You can't build everything on your own, you'll have to use libraries or functions or frameworks that people have built already. This means sometimes there will be errors when compiling your code and you'll have to go online to resolve them.

This is assuming that you already know all of JS and the terminologies and keywords

2 Likes

Re: Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? by Ablemax(m): 11:51am On May 26, 2021
Who can help me with 3k

I need it urgently

I'll really appreciate if you be of help
Re: Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? by avrilwisedata: 11:52am On May 26, 2021
IT is the new oil smiley
Re: Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? by Bridgerton(m): 11:53am On May 26, 2021
Following
Re: Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? by Lalami3232(m): 11:54am On May 26, 2021
Never!!! No developer can do without Google or the DOC of a language. I've come to discover that no problem wey u go encounter for software development wey one person never encounter and solve am before. Software development is too easy nowadays, but if u no know, E go dey hard you. If u wan love programming, go for Python but if u wan hate programming, go for Java or C++. But in nutshell, all ur problems has already been solved by someone somewhere.

10 Likes

Re: Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? by Powersurge: 11:54am On May 26, 2021
Do without Google, yes! Because there are other search engines.

BUT... It will be very hard to do without stackoverflow. It has helped my life a lot.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? by moneyissweet(m): 11:54am On May 26, 2021
Ok
Re: Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? by d1tto(m): 11:55am On May 26, 2021
cool
Re: Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? by CSTRR: 11:55am On May 26, 2021
Stack overflow and Google is like oxygen to a developer.

You can't survive without it.

3 Likes

Re: Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? by Nobody: 11:55am On May 26, 2021
Yes, you can do without them. But do you really need to know/cram everything in a language? And do you really need to always start your coding from scratch?

It's normal to go to Google/Stackoverflow every now and then for information you may need as long as you understand the basics and how to use whatever you're researching.

1 Like

Re: Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? by Emeka71(m): 11:55am On May 26, 2021
That thing could be possible but is going to be a difficult matter..
Re: Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? by Nobody: 11:56am On May 26, 2021
fnep2smooth:
If you are truly a python developer you should know that nobody, I mean no body can cram all the good. You think of what you want to achieve and you research on how to code it.

It may be a new invention or a code someone has solve before m, any way you choose you still need to research.

Google and stackoverflow has help millions of developers achieve incredible things in till current time.

Don't use Nigeria mentality of studying by craming all the text book in the work to pass.... In code you research and you test what you found in your research. If it works then good, you modify and move to the next task and if it doesn't, you go back and continue your search.

Hope it helps

Here's your answer.

Even senior Google developers use Google and Stackoverflow to get answers.

3 Likes

Re: Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? by GboyegaD(m): 11:56am On May 26, 2021
No, because the best of the best sometimes encounter challenges and the easiest way out is to visit stack overflow to see if anyone has experienced the problem in the past.

1 Like

Re: Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? by Jesuschristus: 11:56am On May 26, 2021
Its like saying can u do without calculator for calculation?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? by Nobody: 11:56am On May 26, 2021

4 Likes

Re: Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? by Nobody: 11:57am On May 26, 2021
wetin carry me come this thread o

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Any Female Programmers In The House? / Which Programming Language Holds Brighter Prospects In Nigeria / How To Create A Simple Calculator Using Java Programing Language GUI

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.