Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,793 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:02 PM

Please Break My Heart (romance Thriller) - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Please Break My Heart (romance Thriller) (63846 Views)

THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller / PERFECT Physics(romance Thriller) / Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Break My Heart (romance Thriller) by smardray(m): 11:13pm On Oct 10, 2016
....I seldom comment on NL....don't wanna turn a ghost.....bro oyin u gbaski pass gbayi....I want dare wit Darlene joor....Jake parq well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Break My Heart (romance Thriller) by Barristertemmie(f): 10:01am On Oct 11, 2016
Same here smardray #TEAM DARE always.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Break My Heart (romance Thriller) by Oyinprince(m): 12:08pm On Oct 11, 2016
Episode 27

“I would like to welcome you all to the coming out event of my second daughter.” Dad started. “For 24 year, Darlene Williams has been the only recognized daughter I have to the spotlight, but now, I would love to introduce my younger daughter, Dora Williams.”

The crowd cheered as Dora stepped out. She was accompanied to the mini podium by her mother. Dora wore a black velvet evening gown, she had her hair beautifully styled and she was looking more radiant than ever. I cheered as she stepped forward. She smiled at me. The paparazzi did what they were known for; they started taking her pictures with Dad. I maintained a heavy smile as I feared that if a frown was spotted, I would be tagged as the ‘unhappy step sister’ in the morning tabloids. Especially now that Millaroca was at the event, you don’t to be dubbed twice by those guys. I had my first wash when I appeared like a clown at fifteen.

“Before we go further, I would love to acknowledge the presence of Dora’s mother, Dami Oluwole.” Dad introduced. She received applauds from some people and I could hear some indistinct chatters from the crowd. ‘I hear she was a prostitute’ ‘yeah, I heard that story too.’ ‘It only means that he was unfaithful to Danielle.’ ‘I think it was after her death.’ Okay! I had heard enough from the crowd about my sister’s mother and probably my step mother, if my guess about Dad was right. I stepped away from the pool side where the party was being held to get a glass of champagne.

“You look beautiful tonight.”

I turned swiftly to see Wole Shodipo standing behind me. “Thank you. Wole Shodipo, right?”

“Yes, I am.” He replied, adjusting his tie. “So how does it feel not to be an only child anymore?” he asked, smiling.

I smiled, trying to hide my anger. Anything that would pull the press had to be avoided including Wole Shodipo. “Where’s Wura?”

“She’s somewhere around the corner with her husband.”

“Wura is married?”

He nodded in agreement. “Yes, and to a loser for that matter. I hate the guy; I guess you know him,” he said rubbing his beards. “Dotun Davis from high school?”

I almost dropped my glass. “Dotun?” Dotun Davis never told me he was married, well I never asked. “Why do you hate him?”

“Nothing in particular, the guy has always been a fool. First, he drooled over you in silence at high school and later, he was kicking it with my sister after she left Jacob.” He said and paused. I could guess he was about to mention Jake. “Where’s Jacob? I guess you guys are still fooling yourselves about being best friends. Better get real.” He said and gulped his drink.

I swallowed hard. “Wole, Jake and I are friends like we have always been.”

“And I bet you fools are still single.”

I frowned. “Wole, we are not fools. We are friends and that is it.”

“Don’t get worked up beautiful, your being single is good news for me.” He sighed and continued. “Where is Jake? I haven’t seen that loser around.”

I clenched my teeth. “Jacob isn’t a loser!”

“Did somebody mention my name?” Jake asked as he joined us smiling.

Wole smiled and stretched out his hand. “Hey man. You are still alive.”

“I’ll survive.” Jake replied and shook his hand firmly.

Wole was the first to withdraw from the handshake. “There was a lot of tension in your hand man. How is Jane?”

“She is doing fine.”

Wole and Jake seemed to be engaging themselves in some cheap discussion so I set out to find Wura and Dotun. Well as they say, a bundle of joy is a bundle is joy. Things change a lot after high school, especially when you don’t see some friends until later. I didn’t meet Wura and Dotun alone, they were with a baby. That makes the bundle of joy!

“Hi Dotun.” I said with a sly grin

He smiled. “Hi Darlene, erm…meet my wife, Wura.”

“Hi Wura Shodipo, oh, Wura Davis.” I said, almost mockingly.

She smiled. “I know you are not happy to see me here. But it’s okay; your dad said its fine. Meet my daughter, Temi Davis.” I bent over and touched the baby’s cheek. It brought back a lot of memories. I thought of my childhood and being without a mother for the larger part of it and about Dare losing his child due to his irresponsibility.

“Be a good mother, oh, I mean be good parents.” I said and walked away.

Dotun chased behind. He pulled my hand. “Darlene, I should have told you about Wura and I. I am sorry.”

“Why are you sorry? I never asked. And it doesn’t matter, does it?” I asked. Dotun wore a tensed look. “Never mind, Have yourself a good evening. I have to meet up with my family.”

I joined the rest of the audience at the pool. “Special recognition to my daughter and pride, Darlene Williams.” I raised my glass in acknowledgement and joined them for a group photograph. I didn’t join in the photo session for long as I went over to Toni and Gideon.

“So Dare managed to man up to you, I think he has finally done what a man should do.” Toni started.

Gideon nodded in agreement. “I think it’s time you ‘woman up’ to him and both of you should end this suspense. Or isn’t it getting too boring for you both?” he asked.

I laughed. “I have no idea of what you are saying Gideon”

“Sure you do baby. You are just trying to hide it.” He added, as he sipped his drink. “Been long since I experienced a normal gathering apart from being with the boys, so glad to be here.”

I could understand Gideon’s joy. It took me back to when I was done with law school and Dad had a party thrown in my honor. I had been watched by Dad’s protocol to ensure I worked hard and got s first class honors. I had to maintain the family’s standards.

“It’s always been a first class honors for the Williams” Dad had said. “Thanks for keeping the lineage intact.” He added patting me on the back at my convocation ceremony.

Jake was the only friend I had at Harvard. People were too scared to come around. Dad made me untouchable. My thoughts were interrupted as Gideon continued.

“You should search your heart more honey, I really don’t know if Dare is the perfect guy for you, as there’s no such thing as perfect for me, but I believe you guys will do fine.”

I nodded, not in agreement, but because I was tired of the ‘Dare sermon’. I needed a break from myself. I looked round and saw Kolapo drinking alone so I went over to him.

“Hi KP, are you having a good evening?”

He smiled faintly. “Not really. Can you believe that Dora hasn’t said a word to me all night?”

“Why is that? Are you guys having problems?”

He shrugged. “I don’t know, she’s been distant of late. I guess her job has her attention. It’s been a while since we had a decent conversation.”

“Have you guys tried talking?”

He shook his head. “She won’t talk. She’s always too busy to talk. I am frustrated.” He said, drinking his whisky.

Dora was committing a crime. She was neglecting KP for Jake, and things were going to get worse if I didn’t step in. Jake joined us almost immediately.

“KP, are you acting the lonely boy script tonight?” he asked, patting KP’s back.

KP smiled faintly. “What can a man do? His woman is busy with the spotlight and when she isn’t busy with the spotlight, she’s busy with her job.”

“Man, she just changed jobs; you just have to grab her fast.” Jake replied, reaching for a glass of champagne from the waiter.

KP laughed. “You are doing that well, aren’t you?”

“What are you saying, KP?” Jake asked, sipping his drink.

KP hissed. “Don’t pretend with me man, Dora is all drawn to you of late, have you guys started sleeping together?”

“You are drunk, you need to go home.” Jake said, dropping the glass.

Honestly, I wanted to hear the truth but I wouldn’t have Dora’s party ruined by two guys, so I did what a big sister would do, STEP IN! “Cool it guys, KP, let’s get some air.”

“You are not going anywhere with him.” Jake said, pulling my hand.

I yanked my hand from him. “Jacob, let me handle this.”

“KP is just drunk, let him clear his head, but not with you.”

KP threw his whisky can to the floor. “Then let’s settle it Jake.”

“Okay Jacob, I don’t want a scene. KP, please let’s go.” I said, pulling KP out of the party. Jake followed us. We stepped out of the house and walked down the estate.

KP stopped abruptly and tried to hit Jake but stuttered to the floor. He was dead drunk. “Darlene, just go in. I will handle this.” Jake said.

“What are you going to fix, Jacob?” I flashed angrily at him.

Jake sighed. “You can’t fix everything Darlene, your life is a mess too. This is a guy who thinks I am going out with his girlfriend.”

“Are you not?” I asked dumbly.

“DARLENE Even if you don’t trust me, what about Dora?” he said with a tone of anger in his voice. “Dora and I are just friends, just like you and I.”

KP sprawled out on the floor. I turned round to see some pressmen gathering. “Pressmen! Jake, do something.”

Jake joined KP on the floor and I brought out my digital camera from my purse and started a joke.

“You guys look so cute, don’t you?”I said. Jake laughed and tickled KP a bit.

The pressmen around joined in the foolish joke. “Is this a surprise for Dora?” one of them asked me.

“Of course, we are trying to make a fun video so she can remember today.” I replied, laughing.

He sighed. “If this video gets on YouTube, you guys are gonna go rated, because these are top socialites sprawling on the floor in the estate.”

“We would do anything for love, won’t we?” I asked Jake and KP.

“Yeah, we would.” They both replied.

We dismissed the pressmen almost immediately and Jake helped KP into his car. “I will take him home, if Dora asks, he’s at my place.”

“Don’t beat him Jake.” I said smiling.

Jake smiled faintly. “We are good. I am not sleeping with Dora, Darlene.”

I sighed and nodded. “It’s okay; you don’t have to explain this to me. You are an adult.”

“Darlene…erm…even I was, are you jealous?” he asked.

I coughed slightly and said. “Why should I be? It’s not like we are more than friends.”

“I understand.” He replied, and drove off.

...to be continued

Read up to episode 36 on www.youngicee.com

1 Like

Re: Please Break My Heart (romance Thriller) by yorhmienerd(m): 8:29pm On Oct 11, 2016
Kwantinue

1 Like

Re: Please Break My Heart (romance Thriller) by Oyinprince(m): 7:22am On Oct 12, 2016
Episode 28

By Tomi Adesina

Dora was sitting with Toni and Gideon when I returned. “Hi sis, having a good evening?” I asked, taking a seat.

“It couldn’t be better. Jake did a great job.” She said. She paused and swallowed. “Where is Jake?”

I sighed. “He’s gone home.”

“Why? He didn’t even say he was leaving.”

I rolled my eyes. “It was an emergency; he had to take KP home.”

“KP came?”

Gideon and Toni gasped. “Isn’t KP your man?” they chorused.

“Ya…but he told me that he couldn’t make it, and it turns out he showed up without even letting me know.” She replied dumbly.

I yanked Dora by the arm away from the table out of the crowd. “KP is your boyfriend and you are having a breach in your relationship, what effort are you doing to salvage it?”

She threw her hand away furiously and pulled her hair back from her mouth. “KP and I are fine. I don’t know where he is getting his silly ideas from but we are fine. I’ll talk to him. I chose him because I love him.”

“I hope so.” I replied and started to walk away.

She hissed. “Why are you concerned with our relationship? Or is it because of Jake?”

I paused momentarily and rubbed my forehead. I had to think intelligently, I didn’t want Dora to think that Jake didn’t matter so much, when he did. “What does Jake have to do with this?”

“Kolapo thinks I am seeing Jake and I feel you are on KP’s side on this matter, or aren’t you?”

I smiled and shrugged. “Jake is an adult, you are also an adult, you know what is best for you. I just think Kolapo is a good guy, and he doesn’t deserve to be pushed aside.”

“Is that all what concerns you? Are you not scared of losing Jake?”

A fake smile lurked around my lips. “Why should I be? Jake is not my possession.” I smiled. “Let’s get party.”

“Darlene, are you jealous?” she asked seriously.

I didn’t turn to face her. “I’ll be with Gideon and Toni.” I said and walked away.

“You guys were taking forever.” Gideon said, pouring himself a drink.

Toni made the hand to the ear gesture. “Gideon says a lot of blabber….blabber”

“Honey, why do you love to humiliate me?” he asked with a smile.

She smiled. “You are so adorable when you speak like that.”

They kissed and I admired the passion in it. They were young and so in love. Dora’s return to the table interrupted the kiss. Gideon cleared his throat.

“Hi Dora, Hope you are having a good evening.” He said, cleaning his collar. Toni’s lip-stick had stained it.

Toni laughed. “Gideon, you are so silly honey. You think I love to humiliate you, but here you are smearing lip stick all over your shirt in a bid to clean it.”

We all laughed.

“Can I share in the joke?”

We turned to see Dare standing behind us. ‘Just what I needed to ruin my evening’

“Hi Dare” Toni said.

He smiled and took his seat. “Toni, good to see you tonight” He said. He turned towards Gideon. “Hey Man, how are you doing?” he said, offering his hand.

“Good. Good food, Good music, Good beer and a Good wife. Of course, I am doing good.” He replied taking the handshake.

Dare smiled at Dora. “Congratulations, you are looking beautiful tonight.”

She smiled courteously. “Thank you Dare, you look smart.”

He nodded in appreciation and took a deep breath. “Darlene, good evening”

“I am no monster.” I replied with a smile. “Good evening, Dare.” I said and left the table for the house.

Dare caught up with me on my way to the house. “Darlene…erm…ah….” He sighed and tried to compose himself. “Darlene, you look beautiful tonight.”

“Is that what you chased me down here for?”

He frowned slightly. “A ‘thank you’ won’t hurt.” He replied.

“Thank you.” I said hastily. In my heart, I was in no hurry.

He sighed. “I am done here.” He said and walked away.

I refrained from almost calling his name. I left for my room and started to read some journals for the case against Chidi Obi. It was late into midnight before I retired to bed. I punched my pillows hard as I struggled to find some sleep, still I couldn’t. I tried to play some Enya music on my deck but it wasn’t working tonight. So I decided to take a walk to the kitchen. Maybe I could resume my eating disorder like when I was still a lonely teenager. I had battled with my emotions as a teenager. I did a lot of thinking on my own and it made me mature so early.

Grandma had said to me one day, “Ya growing too fast. You need to slow down kiddo, and live with your mates.”

I had resulted into eating so much after bedtime, it had helped my loneliness. I opened the fridge and fetched a loaf of bread and a jar of Jam. I had almost gotten to half of the loaf when I stated to doze in the kitchen.

“Do you miss your Mom?”

I raised my head almost immediately. “What did you say?” I asked, staring at Dora’s mother.

“I meant, when you saw me taking Dora up the podium, did you miss your mother?”

I sighed and put the bread back into the fridge. “I don’t have to discuss this with you.”

She scoffed. “Who else could you talk to?”

“I didn’t have a mother for 24 years, why would I need one now?”

She smiled cautiously. “You are just like Danielle.” She said, and turned away.

“Excuse me? How did you know my mother’s name?” I asked, abruptly.

She smirked. “My bad! I almost forgot you are a lawyer, how dare I put your detective skills to test?”

“Woman, how do you know my mother?” I asked aggressively.

She smiled. “I like this position where you are. Danielle always got aggressive; it won’t help you against Subomi.”

“Are you now stalking my life?”

She took her seat. “The case against Subomi is public, everyone knows. I am not one to stalk lives; you already had ‘Daniel the psycho’ around you for long.”

“WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?” I yelled.

She shook her head in disagreement. “Take it easy young lady; you would soon start swearing when you take on Bankole. You need to persevere, Profession up against Passion.”

“Get out of here.”

She smiled. “Am I in your head, Darlene?”

I had few drops of perspiration gathering on my forehead. I could feel hot sweat trickle down my back. “I don’t want to see you again. How do you know my mother?”

“I don’t have to lie to you. I have always liked your Dad, Dora was the emergence of a one night stand to him, but to me, it was something I had all planned in my head. I had envisioned my life with him for a very long time.” She replied, fetching an apple from the fruit bowl.

I snarled. “You wanted my mom’s life! I always knew something about Dora was wrong, now it’s all clear, and to think I love that girl. I will make you both pay for coming into our lives.”

“Forget about Dora. The tiny idiot is innocent, she was so excited to know that you were her step-sister, she has so much respect for you, don’t lose it on my account.” She hurried and paused. “Darlene, I always wanted your mom’s life and I won’t lie about that. I got a child, that was fair, but I never got Williams’s love, that was bad.”

I broke down in tears.

“Cry harder, that’s the only way to get it all out. Fight for justice, you really want to hit me, what is restraining you?”

I yelled louder.

“Composure Darlene, Composure. That’s all you need against Subomi.”

I screamed out in fear and crawled up near the sink. I was trembling now. “Leave me alone….” I yelled out in fear.

“Subomi won’t leave you alone, he is gonna fight till he tears you apart, you are a rookie and he’ll prove it before the whole world. A rookie can’t beat a pro, you will be a testimony to that fact.”

I cried harder. “I’ll beat Subomi.” I said weakly.

“I didn’t hear you. Is the fire of determination burning right in you?”

I cried out. “I’ll beat Subomi.”

“I see fear, frail and anger. Give me the passion that beat Jumoke Bankole, show me the Darlene Williams who breezed through almighty Professor Dean’s class at Harvard University. Show me the Darlene who puts aside her emotions and fights like a real winner. Give me the attitude of a winner!!!” she yelled furiously.

“I WILL BEAT SUBOMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII” I screamed out in tears.

She hugged me tightly. “You’ll be fine by God’s grace.”

I woke up in my bed with Dad by my side. As soon as I saw Dora’s mother, I jumped up in fear. “She’s dangerous. She hypnotized me.” I shouted out.

“For all the right reasons.” She said, raising the curtains.

Dad stared at me. “Will she be fine?” he asked.

“She will.” She replied.

I stared at them. “What is going on here?”

“She is a psychologist. I want you to be in the right frame of mind before you take on Subomi.”

I gasped. “So you knew she was hurting me? Dad, she always wanted my mom’s life. She made you sleep with her.”

He nodded in agreement. “She told me all that too. Let’s put it aside and get you together.”

“Why are you interested in the case now?”

He shrugged. “My fiancée made me understand how badly I have treated you. She has been talking to me and now I understand that I have been a bad father to you, so I just felt that this is the least I can do.”

I stared at Dora’s mother and she smiled. Was she expecting a thank-you for giving me my father’s attention? “So do you think I am stable to take on Subomi?” I asked.

“Not yet, but I feel fire in you. You have a burning desire that can’t be quenched. If you attack Subomi without respect, you will do fine.”

I nodded and grabbed my bathing suit. “I have to finalize my driving lessons today. I will see you all later.” I said, and stepped into the bathroom.

1 Like

Re: Please Break My Heart (romance Thriller) by Oyinprince(m): 7:24am On Oct 12, 2016
_____

“You are welcome to church.” An Usher greeted as I stepped into the ‘House of God’.

Pastor Ben, the church parishioner was standing in the alley. He greeted me with a warm smile. “Hello Darlene”

“You age slowly Pastor Ben.” I said full of commendation.

He nodded, ruffling his grey beards. “It’s the lord’s doing.” He smiled. “I hear your step sister had her coming out yesterday.”

“Yes Pastor. And I’d rather you call her my sister.” I replied with my tongue out.

He smiled. “I always knew you would be this tough. Accepting a step sister as a ‘sister’ is tough.” He said, patting me on the shoulder. He stared hard ahead of me with a great deal of surprise in his eyes. “I see you brought a ‘lost sheep’ along.”

I turned round to see Jake. He was wearing grey pants, pink checked shirt and a black shoe. Jake looked funny trying to dress official, his shirt had made a mess of everything. “Happy Sunday Pastor, I hope I still fit into ‘God’s society’.” He said, with his hands in his pockets.

Pastor Ben was all smiles. “You are always welcome into ‘God’s society’; this is the only place you won’t be rejected.” He reached for Jake and hugged him. “I have missed you son.”

“Me too, the church is all different. It’s been how many years since I last came here.” He said. They walked over to the instruments. “The Organ is all rusty.”

Pastor Ben. “No one has played her in a while. She’s been here for years; we thought we would keep her as an antique.” He blew some dust away from the Organ’s Top with his mouth. “A church antique will do, right?”

Jake dusted the Organ and tapped the chords gently. “They still come out good.”

“You remind me of when you were fifteen Jake; you were so zealous for Christ. You would be here as early as six in the morning to play the Organ. Where did those years go?” Pastor Ben asked with a questioning look. I had tried to stay close to them as they talked.

I watched as Jake bowed his head. He rose it, but not without tears in them. I was tempted to run to him. “It feels good to be back, Pastor Ben.”

The tension between Jake and Pastor Ben pricked me so I stepped out for some air. I took a walk round the church. Children rushed into their classes for the Sunday school and adults strolled into the main auditorium. I took a quick peek into the church and Pastor Ben and Jake were no longer at the Organ. They had probably left for the parish office.

I took my seat beside an elderly woman. Typically, as a youth, you dread seating beside an elderly Nigerian woman during a church service or any function that has a mixed audience in ages. I ‘technically’ regretted my choice to seat beside Mama Adeoti, one of the elderly women in the church. I had known her since I was a kid. She was the chief ‘Mrs. Nosy’ then; no information could pass without her noticing it. She criticized the lady who led the Praises and Worship; she said her skirt was too tight and that her rhythmic movements were to appease the congregation.

I then said to her. “But Mama Adeoti, Lucy is wearing a robe. It is to reduce the effect of what you are saying.”

She hissed. “Lucy is Lucifer’s daughter. Her skirt is too tight, and I can notice, FINAL.” She adjusted her half-mooned spectacles and peered further into the church. Mama Adeoti made me wonder if we weren’t committing more sin by talking about people’s dresses than ‘catching the sermon’.

She shifted grounds to attacking Jake. “That honey Jake has changed. He used to wear suspender jeans when he was a kid, now I know he has a striped boxer under his pants.” I felt very uncomfortable. “And those biceps are too big, ‘Omo buruku’ she said in Yoruba, an indigenous Nigerian language meaning ‘Bad Child’. “I can see through his shirt. He should wear shirt sizes like Bishop Olu.”

“BISHOP OLU” I asked with a questioning gaze. Bishop Olu wore XXXL shirt. That man has his own seat in the church; Jake could kill Mama Adeoti for that!

She snorted. “And then his hair is too full. He should have a clean cut; else I will be doing that for him with Veet removal cream.”

“VEET” I had had enough. I prayed earnestly for the service to come to a close as Mama Adeoti continued taking swipes at everyone including Pastor Ben.

She nudged me in the waist when she noticed I was trying to ignore her. “Doesn’t Pastor Ben know he is getting old? He still wears fitted shirts. Last evangelism, he wore a Lacrosse Polo. My grandson isn’t allowed to wear Lacrosse yet.” She shoved her hand up. “We all need Jesus.”

“You sure are right!” I said with a relief thinking she had halted her sermon and would give me room to listen to Pastor Ben preach.

She smiled revealing her broken teeth. “Glad to have touched your life.”

Yeah right! After Pastor Ben’s sermon which I struggled to listen to, no thanks to Mama Adeoti, I joined him outside the church.

“You were heavily distracted by Mama Adeoti today. You should choose your seat properly next time.” He said.

I nodded. He waved to some members as they exited the church.

“So how is the case against Chidi Obi coming? The whole community is rooting for you to land that man behind bars, maybe justice can get served.”

Chidi Obi had been involved in many illegal take-overs in the country. If not for being a clergy man, Pastor Ben might have led a riot against Chidi Obi in the event of an old people’s home donated by the church which Chidi Obi had bought several years ago and converted to a Strip Club. The Church didn’t have enough funds to put up a resistance to Chidi Obi, and it really hurt Pastor Ben who was a youth Pastor at that time.

“I am optimistic, but everything seems to be going for Subomi. He has a very vast resume; I might have to wait some more years to top that.”

Pastor Ben snapped. “Never mind, you’ve got God on your side, if you believe in him and learn to love and trust him more. Maybe you should come around more often.”

I rolled my eyes. Pastor Ben was trying to lure me to church. “I am a busy lady.”

“Too busy to serve God? Darlene, you might be beautiful, smart and a hot prospect, but without God, my dear, you are a waste.”

WASTE!!! Now, that did hurt! Pastor Ben just ridiculed my standings. Humble pie swallowed! “I’ll see you around Pastor Ben.”

“Speaking of which, there is a youth camp around the corner, I was thinking of inviting you to speak to some aspirants, they are really looking forward to having you minister to their lives, in the best way you can.” He said.

I shrugged. “I’ll look at my schedule as soon as I get the invite. I have a busy week ahead, I am up against Subomi on Wednesday, and I have to take my leave now.” I said hastily.

“God be with you child. All the best”

I nodded in agreement. “Later sir”

I joined Jake close to the car park. “Brother Jacob” I teased softly.

“Sister Darlene” he replied laughing.

I stared at him carefully. “Did you really come to church today? That’s a miracle.”

He nodded. “I needed to talk to God.”

“You can always do that in your room. Anyways, I appreciate your effort towards Dora’s coming out. It was special.”

He smiled. “It was the least I could do.”

“Hope you didn’t hit KP?” I asked, with a smile.

He shrugged. “I didn’t have a reason to, except that the guy has a wrong impression about me, I like him.” He opened the door of his car. “Let’s go.”

“I don’t want to go in your car.”

He looked surprised. “Why is that?” he asked.

“We came separately. I suggest we return in like.”

He maintained the look. “Darlene, you are beginning to surprise me these days in your actions and words. What is the big deal if I drop you home? You never seemed to mind.”

“Oh well, things change Jacob.”

Jake sighed. “Okay, do you mind if I give you a ride?” he asked.

“Gotcha! Look at your face, Jake. I was just kidding you.”

He sighed and opened the door. “Okay then.” I got into the car and he closed the door after me. “Your joke was flat.” He started. “So, how’s the case against Subomi coming?” he asked as he started the engine.

“Slowly, but surely”

He smiled and drove off. “How about your driving lessons?”

“Cetris paribus, I will be fit to carry a learner’s tag by tomorrow.” I replied, proudly. My smile was a large one.

Jake laughed sarcastically.

“Every artist was first an apprentice!” I retorted sharply, as I got the notion that Jake was trying to mock me.

He nodded. “I know that. It’s just that this apprentice seems to me like an expert in every other thing. Do you really want to use a learner’s tag?”

“Of course, I am a learner and I will use it until I am a professional. I intend to drive to the court on Wednesday.”

Jake laughed. “You are such a joke! I guess you want to fail that case before you step up to Subomi.” He replied. I was surprised at his comment so I shot at him. “First, you WILL arrive late because you will be busy driving with a manual preset in your head from your driving school.” He continued. He swerved past a truck swiftly. “That’s something you won’t be able to do yet.” He said, sticking his tongue out at me. “Second, that will be social suicide; you don’t want the press seeing an ‘L’ tag behind your ride.”

“What do I care about the press? I am only bothered about getting to the court late. I might leave the office two hours earlier.”

Jake laughed harder. “If I get you right, you are gonna be driving for 2 hours for a 30-45 minutes journey. Darlene, swallow your pride and ask me to chauffeur you, I don’t charge much.” He said, revealing his teeth.

I wore a grimace. “Dare might drop me off.”

“Oh really, I see you guys are really getting close. Is he less offensive now?”

I nodded in agreement. “Yes, he is a changed man.” ‘Changed man?’ Did I just say that?

“Good for you. That will make your work much easier.” He said, as he turned into my street.

He parked in front of the gate and opened the car door for me. “Here you go madam. I’ll call you later.” He said.

Jake appeared not to care too much about me saying that Dare might be taking me to the court house. That bothered me. He dropped me off and didn’t even suggest wanting to come in and that seemed totally unlike Jacob. I could place a bet now that something was under the rocks between him and Dora.

“Jake…erm…um….it’s okay. Later.”

He smiled. “Darlene, you don’t stutter with me. What’s up?”

“Nothing, I am just a bit tired. Thanks for dropping me home.”

He jumped into the car. “I’ll see you later then.”

Was that all? “Won’t you say ‘hello’ to Dora?” I asked dumbly. First sign of obvious jealousy!

Jake grinned as though he had ‘got me’. “We talk all the time. I’ll call her.” He replied and drove off.

“We talk all the time. I’ll call her” I mimicked as I pressed the bell.

Read up to Episode 37 on www.youngicee.com

1 Like

Re: Please Break My Heart (romance Thriller) by Johnsown1(m): 11:01am On Oct 12, 2016
Wow this is beautiful i must confess, guy ur two much. Women and attitude.
Re: Please Break My Heart (romance Thriller) by Oyinprince(m): 6:18am On Oct 13, 2016
Episode 29

By Tomi Adesina

KP and Dora were having lunch in the garden. They looked happy. At least, that’s what I think I saw. “Did you guys go to church?” I asked as I approached them.
“We did. Please join us for lunch.” KP offered.
I smiled faintly. “I have a lot to do. Have fun guys.” I replied. Dora didn’t say a word as she returned to her lunch. “Hi Dora”
“Hi sis.” She replied quietly.
I probed her with my look. “Are you alright?”
“Yes, I am good” she replied with a quick nod.
I shrugged and walked away. I immediately turned on my laptop and sent a message to the manager of the hotel where I intended to lodge Sameer. In the spirit of Muslim festive season, Sameer had insisted in wearing his turban into the country. I was trying to hide him from Chidi Obi’s guys. He wouldn’t bulge.
He had said on our conversation on Skype. “Insha Allah, I will be in this Turban.” He said, displaying his Red and White Turban.
“It’s for your safety, Sameer.” I pleaded.
He smiled. “If I die because of this, it’s for a good cause. Barka da Sallah”
A staunch Muslim faithful can’t be unnerved. I immediately dialed Tom Frost, the American that owned the exquisite ‘Emerald Hotels and Suites’ he had been a friend of the family for a while now. So I had asked him for a favour to bring Sameer in from Dubai from his trip as an escort. Sameer was dressed like a Muslim lady as he had insisted that he wanted his Turban on.
Fifteen minutes later, Tom’s call came in. “Emerald Hotels Check! Suite 105.”
“Copy.” I replied and cut the call. I was a bit skeptical about Sameer’s safety. I didn’t want his location compromised. I was going to meet up with them at the hotel in about an hour. I trusted Tom Frost to be a good host, but I wanted to see Sameer. I called a cab to pick me up.
I arrived at the hotel in about 45 minutes and went up to Suite 501. Tom Frost had told me the Suite in reverse as 105 just in case we had a situation.
“Darlene Williams.” Sameer said as I stepped in with Tom Frost. “Good friend Tom here has been helpful.” He said, smiling at Tom.
We ordered a bottle of champagne as we started our discussion. “How was your flight?”
“Swift. Thanks for the first class treatment.”
I smiled. “You are welcome. All I want is for the truth to be told.”
“Obi is a bad man. He robbed Mr. Davis and I want to see him pay for his crimes.”
We spoke at length before I decided to leave the hotel. “Please I want you to stay safe Sameer. No wanderings and please do your prayers indoors. After Wednesday, you’ll be free to return to Dubai.”
“Thanks a lot, Darlene.” He said. “I’ll be careful.” He added.
I left for the bar where Mr. Davis was waiting.
“How is the witness?” he asked.
I took a seat. “He is in good spirits. I advise we stay away from this hotel till the case is over; I don’t want us traced to Sameer. He is our only lifeline.”
“In that case, I suggest we take our leave. I am scared of my grand daughter’s life being in danger.” He said, standing up. “I just want my family safe.”
I could understand Mr. Davis’s plight. Dotun and Wura had a baby girl, any crook would go after the weak link and probably have the child kidnapped or harmed. “Why don’t you fly them out?”
“I already made arrangements for them to love the country tomorrow, but I am concerned, there’s a lot of hours from tonight till tomorrow for Obi to strike.” He said as we strolled out. “How tight is Sameer’s security?”
I rubbed my chin. “A guy is sharing his suite; two guys are staying opposite his Suite. I have some guys opposite the hotel watching from a distance. There’s a standby get-away vehicle just in case we get compromised.” I continued as I briefed him on the security details.
“Safe to say, Sameer is well guarded.”
I nodded in agreement. “I have the best guys in the country guarding him. Just keep your family safe, Sameer will be fine, Insha Allah.” We chuckled softly and approached his Car.
Gunshots went off immediately from the pent suite of the hotel. Tunji Davis and I ducked quickly behind his car as we tried to hide. I stared at the shattered blood stain glass and it could only mean one thing, Sameer had been killed. Now we had to take cover. Tunji Davis and I tried to get into the car and he sped off.
“We are been chased, Mr. Davis.” I bleated.
He took a quick peek through his mirror. “Reach for the glove box and get my gun. That should distract them a bit, I guess.”
I tried reaching for the gun. “Here” I pointed it at him.
“Shoot at them”
I shook my head in disagreement. “I don’t know how to use a gun.” I begged.
“Oh my God.” He sighed. “Please dial Dotun and tell him to vacate the house as soon as possible.”
I immediately delivered the message to Mr. Davis’s son. Oil money is no joke! People kill for Oil. I sent a distress call to the police and tried calling my Dad.
“What is it, Darlene?” he asked desperately.
“Dad, we are being chased by some assassins.” I cried into the receiver.
“Your location.”
I immediately provided him with the location and dropped the call. I slid over to the back seat and watched the vehicles chasing us frantically. Mr. Davis maintained a speed of 200km/hr and above and he was doing fine.
Two vehicles were soon catching up and then we received a call from the police instructing us to lead them into an ambush. We drove right into the lonely dark street where the police men were in waiting and then turned off the engine. The vehicles stopped behind us. I said the ‘Lord’s Prayer’ repeatedly as some men approached Mr. Davis car from the parked vehicles.
Mr. Davis smiled. “It was nice working with you.”
I smiled back boldly. Gunshots went off bodies dropped like Dead birds that were hunted down. After there was calm, there was a light tap on the window.
“It’s the police here. You can come out.”
We remained in the car and didn’t unlock it. If they were police indeed, there had to be a proof. My phone vibrated. I had put it on the vibrating mode immediately the chase started. Dad was calling.
“It is the Police honey, you guys can come out.”
I wasn’t convinced. “How can you be so sure?”
“I just got a call from them that you are refusing to step out of the car.” He replied. I stared through the tinted glass and saw Police officers surrounding the vehicle and some taking notes of the killed men.
Mr. Davis held his rifle boldly and pushed the door open. He shot into the air and the Police scrambled to the floor. I joined him outside staring at dead bodies of the assassins who chased us.
“Hi Darlene.” One of the police officers said.
I turned to see his face. “Hey, I remember you. Officer Philip, right?”
He nodded with a smile. “Ya. How’s Jake Behaving?”
“He’s been good since community service.”
He raised an eyebrow. “For real? That guy doesn’t seem to me like one to change from his ways. He is a trouble shooter.”
We both laughed. We were escorted home in the Police Van by Officer Philip. We dropped Mr. Davis off first, luckily, Dotun and his family had fled instantly on his Dad’s order. They had a chopper on their pent house so fleeing wasn’t a big deal for them.
I rushed into Dad’s arm as soon as I got down from the truck. “It’s okay my angel, this is just a few of the slight things you might face as a lawyer.”
I released myself from the hug. “Dad
He smiled. “Of course D, what did you expect? We are talking about Oil here, that’s a demon on its own. So much money is involved baby.”
I frowned.
“Okay, I am sorry. Are you alright?”
I nodded. “Yes I am. Thanks Dad.”
Jake pulled up in his car and rushed to me. “Are you okay?”
“How did you hear about it?”
He hissed and hugged me. “What do you care?” Jake and I left for the house while Dad spoke to the Policemen. Dora was waiting in the hallway.
“Darlene!” she said ecstatically and hugged me. “You had me scared to death.”
‘Yeah yeah…perfect chance to have my life in total, Jake would be all yours if I had died’ I thought. I released myself from the hug. “I am fine now. I need to take a shower.” I said, leaving for the stairs.
“I will make you something to drink.”
I shrugged. “I don’t think I want anything.”
“Come on D, you need to take something.” She urged.
I rolled my eyes. “I am too terrified to eat.” I replied.
“Darlene, you need something.” Jake said.
I raise my hand up in defeat. “Fine.” I said and left for my room.
I knelt down and offered a prayer to God for keeping me alive. I then put a call through to Tom’s phone. It went to the answering machine. “Sameer…” I murmured softly and broke down in tears. I had grown fond of my Arabian Witness. I loved his faith, will and strength and now he was no more. I remember him saying that if he died for this cause, it would be noble. How more noble could a man be? I thought.
There was a light knock on my door. I opened it and saw Dare standing before me. I hugged him tightly.
“I am sorry.” He said, as he wiped my tears.
“I was so scared.” I confessed to him.
Jake cleared his throat as he placed a glass of juice on the table. He had brought Dare upstairs and was standing behind Dare when I hugged him. “I’ll be in the kitchen.” He said, and closed the door after him.
I led Dare to a seat. He cleared his throat and started, “Sameer is…”
“Don’t bother.” I said, sniffling.
He took a deep breath. “Sameer is in my house.”
I widened my eyes and smiled with so much joy. “Are you sure?”
He nodded smiling. “Yes, Tom brought him over. They killed some guys and had to flee, luckily, they called the Firm and I picked them up.”
I hugged Dare again. “Thank you” I whispered.
“Darlene, I love you and I don’t want you to get hurt.” He said. I slowly released myself from the hug and cleared my throat. “Could you please pass the juice?” I requested.
Dare nodded and passed the glass of juice. “I’ll be downstairs.” He said and left for the door.
“Dare.” I called. He paused as he held the door knob. “Please don’t go.” He stared at me. “At least not now, I am a bit scared. Everything freaks me out now.”
He sighed and took his seat. I stayed close to him and leaned on his shoulder into the night..
_____
By Tomi Adesina
What a Sunday! Well, it’s Monday now. I had slept off on Dare’s Shoulder. I turned off the alarm. It had been buzzing since 5am, but I remained in bed until 6am. After my experience last night with those Assassins, I wouldn’t be maimed for sleeping till 8am. Should I?
I grabbed my laptop and hurried for the kitchen. I was desperate to eat. Noodles, Oats, or Bread? I had to make a choice. I grabbed the Oats and immediately made a meal. 7:45AM!!! Now Dare would have my head for his own breakfast. I hurried downstairs and flung the gate open.
“Hi D.” Jake said, as I stepped out.
I smiled. My Guardian Angel. “What are you doing here?” I asked.
“Waiting for you.”
I raised an eyebrow. “Are you kidding me? You don’t always have to wait for me.”
“I can’t let you walk the streets on your own. Come in.” he said, opening the door.
I stared at him till he gestured to the car. “Come on Darlene. It’s me, your Jake. You are safe.” I smiled and stepped in.
“Thank you.” I said as he started the engine.
I hurried into the elevator. It was already 9am. I had arrived late for work. I ignored Bola’s greetings and dropped my bag in the office.
“There’s a conference meeting.” She managed to say as I rushed towards the conference room.
Dare was in the meeting with all the board members, this time, Mr. Ayodeji Ade-Cole was in attendance. “Good morning sirs.” I said as I pushed the door open. The board room was silent as they all stared at me. Dare was giving a presentation as I walked in.
“I am so sorry.” I said, clumsily.
Dare rubbed his hair to indicate that I had my hair a bit ruffled. I immediately adjusted my hair and slid into a seat. “Where were we?” I asked indicating that the meeting continued.
Mr. Ayodeji Ade-Cole cleared his throat. “Ms. Williams, this is totally unacceptable! You can’t stroll in for a board meeting at 9am and you know that this concerns the court case on Wednesday. I am not happy.”
“Ahem!” Dare stuttered into the discussion. “Dad, erm…”
Mr. Ayodeji Ade-Cole shot at Dare. “No DAD, its Sir!”
“I am sorry Sir, but, Ms. Williams here has been through a lot in the last 24 hours, she was chased by gun men and I fear it is relating to this case, so we might excuse her lateness a bit.” Dare said.
There was a lot of murmuring among the board members. Dare’s Dad beckoned to him and then Dare came over to me. “Please step outside, I’ll send for you.”
I nodded and exited the board room. I leaned against the door and took a deep breath. I just hoped that the board members might be a bit considerate. Dare joined me outside almost immediately.
“What did they say?” I asked.
He took my hand and smiled. “Everything is okay.” He took me by the hand and we walked into the board room. He ushered me to a seat.
“I am sorry.” I apologized again.
Mr. Ayodeji smiled. “Its fine Ms. Williams, I am sorry too.” The board meeting continued for the next hour and then all the members left the room leaving Dare and I. “Thanks for standing up for me.”
He smiled at walked over to me. “Darlene, even if I didn’t do that for you, you would still find your way around them.” He said, taking my hand with a smile.
“Now what does that mean?” I asked, smiling in a sheepish manner.
He looked at me with a great deal of seriousness. “You are a charmer.” The next few moments felt sensual in my stomach.
“Ahem! I’ll say you said so.” I said, leaving for the door.
“Why do you keep running away from the truth?” he asked, taking a seat.
I paused and held the door handle. “What truth, Dare?”
“I know you care about me.”
I smirked. “In your dreams.”
“That’s a start.” He said with a corny laughter.
I shook my head and opened the door. Reina stood before me.
“We meet again.” She said with a cynical laugh.
I rolled my eyes and tried to step out of the way but she stood in my way.
“Not too fast, I thought I told you to leave Ade-Cole Firm.” She started.
I hissed. “I thought I would never see you again too.” I said.
Dare joined us at the door. “Easy ladies, can we talk about this inside and not start up anything here.” He said ushering Reina and I into the board room.
“What do you want here, Reina?” Dare asked.
She stared at him and smiled. “Baby, you know I come around anytime I feel like it.”
“Baby, you know I come around anytime I feel like it.” I mimicked sounding like a cartoon character.
Reina covered her mouth in some sort of mocking laugh. “Did Ade-Cole’s Firm executive just sound like that?” she said as she laughed. “Honey, you need to grow up.” She said, laughing at me.
“I thought she sounded cute.” Dare said, defending me.
Reina scoffed. “Baby, I am not surprised you are taking her side, it’s your first approach towards getting any girl you want, then you get her pregnant and then you kill her kid.” She said and wiped a tear from her eye.
JEEZ!!! Reina is the world’s biggest hypocrite! Now she was set on making Dare feel bad.
Dare raised his eye up. “Reina, I thought we have passed this issue on Tobi’s death.”

“Really? Every night I sleep and think of my son. He would still be alive if you had been a man and done what a man should do.” She shouted angrily.
I stood up. “I think I should leave.”
Reina laughed. “Oh please Darlene, you have to stay and know the kind of man you are going to be working and sleeping with, Slut.”
“I beg your pardon.” I said. NO ONE DARES THE WILLIAMS IN ME!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Break My Heart (romance Thriller) by Oyinprince(m): 6:20am On Oct 13, 2016
Reina smiled. “The man you are going to be working AND sleeping with, SLUT!” she emphasized. She didn’t have to finish her line before I hit her in a school girl’s way – A SLAP!
Reina rubbed her cheek. “That really hurt, Ms. Williams.” She said, as she took a seat. “But I am not gonna react, because I am classy and you are thrash.”
“Really?”
Dare held his head. “STOP THIS!”
“You stop it Dare, this is your girlfriend or wife or whatever coming to the office to harass me, I am just a staff, is this also office policy?” I raged in anger.
Dare stared at me and then smiled. “You care Darlene, you just called her my wife, and it shows that you care.”
“Why are men so dumb?” I asked as I cursed in Spanish.
Reina swallowed. “Dare, are you really gonna end up with this girl?”
Dare took his seat. “Reina, it’s not your business and I think you have overstayed.”
“It is my business! We shared a child together, Dare. I am concerned for you. This kid is rude.” She said, staring at me.
I officially brand Reina a ‘Psycho’. She just called me a ‘KID’
“Reina, I won’t have you talk to Darlene in that manner.” Dare replied.
She laughed and fetched her whisky from her bag.
“Reina, classy women don’t carry whisky around.” I said.
She nodded as she gulped. “Dare is responsible for everything. Ever since Tobi left us, Dare became a monster, he stopped seeing me .” She said, as she drank. She choked slightly and continued. “This guy is not a man.”
Dare bowed his head. “I thought you went for a reformation. Nothing has changed, Reina.”
She laughed. “So you were expecting a change from a woman you destroyed.”
I stared at them, not sure if it was pity or spite in my eyes. They both needed to sort themselves out. Dare stared at me. “She’s drunk.” He said.
I smiled. “For all the right reasons, I guess.”
He scoffed and stared at Reina. “Reina, this is a board room, not some brothel downtown, so if you don’t mind, stop drinking.”
She laughed. “Now, you want me to stop drinking. You used to like me drink, you said I was hotter when I drank. Why are you making me look bad before Cinderella here?” She said, staring at me. “Or are you not Cinderella?” she asked, laughing.
“This is not looking good. Do I call a Doctor?” I asked.
She let out a loud laugh and threw the can towards my direction. I dodged it swiftly and avoided a scar on my face. “You are lucky, Cinderella. Are you trying to say I am insane?” she said, stuttering.
“It’s obvious that you are a bit on the down side and you need to get help as soon as possible.” Dare said as he approached her.
She held her hair and screamed. “I don’t need any help. All I need is Tobi, my son, our son!” she said, and sobbed gently.
“Tobi is dead, and he’s not coming back to us. Please understand that Reina. You can’t keep flogging yourself over this.” He said, and hugged her.
She held on to him tightly. “Please don’t let me go, Dare. Marry me please; I want you in my life. I will die if you leave me, please baby.” She said, and kissed his neck.
This is officially a psycho case. Dare has his hand full with Reina, probably he’ll forget about whatever love he claims to feel for me. Reina needed help, not Dare’s love. If she claimed that Dare hurt her so much, I couldn’t understand why she wanted him so bad.
“Dare is mine. He is mine…go away Cinderella.” She said.
I smiled faintly and headed for the door.
“Darlene, you know Dare and I made our son in this board room and on this floor, this might just be our second baby. The rebirth of Tobi”
I was disgusted. There was an awful grimace on my face as I stared at them.
Dare angrily pushed her away. “I have had enough!” he yelled. “Tobi was not even MY SON!”
...to be continued

Read up to Episode 38 on www.youngicee.com

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Break My Heart (romance Thriller) by Oyinprince(m): 11:09am On Oct 14, 2016
Episode 30

By Tomi Adesina

An awkward silence filled the room.

Dare held his head as he stepped away from Reina. Reina wiped her eyes clean. “You don’t mean it Dare.” She fumbled as she held her hair.

“Enough of us fooling ourselves, Reina. I loved Tobi as though he was mine, but you know he’s not my son.” He replied, straightening out his jacket. Reina had it rumpled when she held on to him. It was time for me to exit the scene, so I reached for the door.

Reina rushed towards me and closed the door. “Stay and hear the whole story. I know you are interested in knowing everything.” She yelled holding my blouse.

“Let go. Sort yourselves out, I have work to do.” I shouted and shoved her away. I closed the door after me and left for my office.

Toni joined me as I approached my door. “Hey love.” She said as we hugged.

“Is Gideon gone?” I asked as I pushed the door open. She strolled over to the side table and poured herself a cup of coffee. “Is that your first cup this morning?”

She shrugged and took her seat. “No. I already had the office steward bring me some from Latte’s shop but I know this is freshly prepared. I am a bit covetous.” She said, taking her seat.

“So has Gideon returned to military camp?”

She dropped the coffee cup on the table. “Why are you so interested in that?”

I shrugged. “You called me ‘Love’. Probably, you miss him.”

She smiled faintly. “I dropped him off at the airport last night. He has been deployed to Israel.”

“Israel? That’s some place. Anyways, he’ll be fine by God’s grace.”

She nodded. “That reminds me; I heard you had a confrontation last night. How was it?” she asked with a smile.

I jerked in my seat. “Are you crazy? I was almost killed last night, and you call it a confrontation?”

She laughed. “I am sorry dear, but it is one of those things.”

ONE OF THOSE THINGS “I would give an arm not to have a repeat.”

She shrugged. “Hopefully.” She finished up the coffee. “For what it’s worth, I think you should take more security measures, at least until this case is over.”

“In other news, Reina is with Dare.”

She nodded. “I saw her come into the building. What does that lady want?”

“Tobi wasn’t Dare’s son.”

Toni took a deep breath. “Who gave you the news?”

“Dare blurted out angrily at her. They had an argument; the lady needs to get checked. She is a handful.” I said, as I turned on my laptop. My phone vibrated. The caller ID was restricted. “I don’t do ‘Restricted IDs’”

Toni looked at me curiously. “You should pick the call. You have a case around the corner, anything could be useful.” She said.

“Or dangerous…” I chipped in carefully. I picked the call but didn’t say anything.

I waited for the caller. “Tom Frost here” The caller said.

I stood up and approached the window. “Tom Is anything the matter?”

“Not really. We are having a handful with Dare’s mother. The woman is causing a lot of trouble here. She has threatened to call the cops.”

I grabbed my purse immediately. “I will get back to you soon.” I said and hung up. “Toni, I gotta go. My witness is having problems with Dare’s mom. What’s the woman like anyways?”

“Dare’s mom? Are you sure?” she said, sounding almost confused.

Seeing that Toni was lost I hurried for the door and bumped into Dare. “I was coming to see you.” we both said at once.

“You first.” He said, with a smile. I bet his smile would disappear when he heard my news.

I sighed. “I need to get to your house. Your mom is giving Sameer and Tom trouble.” I said clutching my purse to my arm.

“My mom” he asked looking surprised.

I nodded in agreement. “Tom just called me on restricted ID and said they were having problems with your mom.” I said hurriedly.

“My mom isn’t in the country. She doesn’t even know my place. I last saw her when I was erm….. 18, I guess.” He said, sounding surprised.

I gasped. “OH MY GOD!!!” I said and rushed towards the elevator. Dare chased after me and we left for the garage.

“Officer Philip. Please I need your help.” I said and rattled into the phone to Officer Philip. Dare immediately gave his address to me and I said it to the cop.

Dare pulled up swiftly. “Stay in the car. If you don’t see me in 5 minutes, get away from here as fast as you can.”

“You can go in there alone.” I said, holding his hand.

He held my face. “I love you too much to take a risk, just do as I have said, Darlene. Please.” He said and got out of the car.

I jumped out of the car and followed him. “Please Dare, don’t go in there. Let’s wait for Phillip.”

“Darlene, just go back to the car. Please….” He begged.

The door flung open and Tom came out. “Thank God you are here, could you help us calm your mom?” he said. We rushed inside immediately and locked the door.

“Dare.” An elderly woman said.

He stared at her carefully. “MOM When did you get back?” he asked.

“Last night. Your dad gave me your address. Sorry I crashed in here, but who are these men, American and Arabian?”

Dare sighed and sank into a chair. “Mom, I don’t appreciate you showing up here out of the blues.”

“That’s no way to talk to your mom, Dare. You haven’t seen me in like 10 years. Give me a hug, boy.”

Dare reluctantly hugged his mom. I couldn’t understand. I would give anything to have my own mother.

“You are so grown now. You are looking good my love.” She said as she tip toed to kiss his head. “I am sorry for everything Dare. The divorce and all.”

He shrugged and stood by my side.

“Who is this beauty?” she asked. “The woman in your life?”

I flushed embarrassingly. He smiled faintly. “This is Darlene Williams. She works at Ade-Cole with me.”

“Nice to meet you.” she said, stretching her hands out at me.

I took it coolly. “Nice to meet you too.” I tried to bow courteously.

“You remind me of someone I used to know. Are you Sir Williams’ daughter?” she asked, taking off her jacket.

I nodded in agreement. “At your service.”

“You look so much like Danielle, may her soul rest in peace.”

“You knew my mom?” I asked.

She nodded with a smile. “We used to be best of friends, we hung out together before we got married to men we didn’t love and did love in reverse.”

“I don’t understand.” I said. Dare’s mom stepped away to the bar. I followed her quickly.

She paused and smiled as she poured herself a drink. “You care?” she said.

“I don’t drink.”

She smiled. “I never used to drink until I became Dare’s father’s wife.”

Dare stepped outside to attend to Officer Philip who had pulled up. “Dare even has cops visit him?” she asked, peering through the window.

“We had a tiny situation.” I replied, as I took my seat. I was eager to learn about my mother. I barely knew her, so any information on her would be soothing.

She gulped her drink and sighed. “Where do I start from? Let me introduce myself, I am Olamide Ojo.”

She obviously didn’t expect me to call her by her name. Nigeria is rich in tradition and ‘respect’ which danced round the ‘thank you ma-sir’ relationship and the No-first name rules for those that hadn’t been colonized at heart. Just to be on the safe side, you start with the ‘ma’. If you are cautioned, you try to adapt, but never do first names with ‘elders’.

“Nice to meet you ma.” I greeted. “I am Darlene.”

She nodded. “So, Darlene, I won’t waste your time dancing around the bush and mincing words. I married Ayodeji Ade-Cole but he was the one your mother wanted, and I, I was madly attracted to Williams, your father. But they saw us differently.” She started. “I’ll need more of this drink.” She said, as she poured another glass. “Are you sure you don’t want some? Dare might just turn out like Ayodeji and turn you into an alcoholic.” She joked as she drank.

“Thank you ma, but Dare and I aren’t a couple.” I replied staring out of the window as Dare dismissed Officer Philip.

She rolled her eyes. “Ayodeji and your Dad, Kunle used to be best friends. They had just completed law school when we met them.” She continued. “The irony of the whole thing is that Danielle hung out with Ayodeji most of the time and I with Kunle but we were busy hooking ourselves up in reverse. Kunle liked Danielle and so I helped him with Danielle and Ayodeji liked me, so it was Danielle’s responsibility to hook us up” she said and sighed. “I regret.”

Dare joined us at the bar. “What are you two talking about?” he asked with a smile.

“Ladies stuffs.” His mother replied.

He scoffed. “Really? Since when did you become friendly with younger girls? You used to say my generation was filth.” He said as he took off his jacket.

Olamide Ojo smiled. “This is one lady with a smart blood in her. She is Kunle Williams’ daughter, we just had to blend.”

“Where’s Sameer and Tom?” I asked.

His mom cut in. “The Arabian and American?”

“Yes mom. They are friends.” Dare replied. “I’ll go check on them.” He said and left the bar.

Olamide smiled at me. “So how is Dare?”

“He is doing well.”

She smiled. “It’s been 10 years since I last saw him. The divorce affected him really much, but the truth is that Ayodeji and I were not made for each other. After a while, our life was over.” She said.

I could understand Ms. Olamide’s plight. A relationship with someone you don’t love could be frustrating especially when you are not putting in any effort to try.

“Dare hated me after I divorced his father. He used to reverence his Dad. Ayodeji is a good man, but he has made so many mistakes, first of which was marrying me.”

I smiled. “You should have gotten over it by now.”

She nodded. “Definitely.” She said. “I am quite a happy woman now. I have more time for the spa, clubs and functions.”

‘Is that the definition of a happy woman?’ I thought. “Oh well…I can’t say I envy you. A lawyer is a busy lady.”

“Hmmm….did you really ever want to be a lawyer or is that what Kunle wants for you?”

I shook my head in disagreement. “It’s my first love. My Dad only made it better.”

“Why then are you working for Ade-Cole, you do know that Kunle and Ayodeji are no longer pals.”

I nodded. “I know, but I really have no idea as to why they are enemies and rivals.” I replied.

“It was Ayodeji’s fault, after we got all got married, I told him that I didn’t love him and that I loved Kunle. Danielle had already agreed things with Kunle after your birth that she would leave him and start her life afresh, but Ayodeji wasn’t going to let me be. He fought Kunle for my feelings and then they cut off the partnership they were supposed to have in building a law firm together.”

I listened as she continued. “I’ll say Kunle is better off for it, Ayodeji would have made an arrogant partner.”

“Are you calling a man arrogant based on the fact that he wanted to fight for your love?”

She smiled. “You are indeed a smart girl. But the truth is, Darlene, we know how these things end, one of which is the divorce. Dare was on the receiving end of our separation. The poor boy didn’t deserve to see his dad and mom so far away.”

A slight thought dropped in my heart. ‘Could my Dad be seeing Olamide Ojo now?’ I smiled and then said, “Is there any man in your life at the moment?”

“Of course! I am a happy woman, remember?” she said smiling.

BINGO! I could guess my father’s next wife. It had to between Olamide Ojo and Dami Oluwole.

She straightened up in her chair. “I am currently dating the owner of the spa were I go to.” She said with a smile. “Not letting you in on that spa name. He is a young man.” She said grinning.

OR NOT, Olamide Ojo definitely wasn’t seeing my father.

...to be continued

Read 9 more episodes here: http://www.youngicee.com/2016/10/please-break-my-heart-episode-30.html?m=1

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Please Break My Heart (romance Thriller) by Tgold1(m): 6:12pm On Oct 14, 2016
Good werk
Re: Please Break My Heart (romance Thriller) by SafeDavid(m): 11:36pm On Oct 14, 2016
Please do continue.
Re: Please Break My Heart (romance Thriller) by Oyinprince(m): 7:46am On Oct 15, 2016
Episode 31

By Tomi Adesina

I returned to the office with Dare. We agreed that we won’t have anyone watch over Dare’s house so as not to draw attention to him. Probably, Tom and Sameer would be safe. Dare turned off the car’s engine.

“Let me take you to lunch.” He offered.

Lunch? What ‘role’ is Dare trying to play in my life? I thought. “Dare, you don’t have to.”

“But I want to.” He said, taking off his seat belt. “I just want us to talk; we really haven’t been able to talk about us.”

US “Dare, you are boring.” I said, laughing. He smiled faintly. “I have never enjoyed an outing with you. It’s like routine, too business like. So, I can guess what ‘talking about us’ would sound like over lunch. The typical Dare Ade-Cole, right?”

“I’ll try to be spontaneous.” He said.

I grinned. “I’ll pass. Some other time.” I said, and left for my office. I met Jake standing at Bola’s desk.

“Hey beautiful.” He said, as I approached.

I smiled. “Hi Jacob, what are you doing here?”

“I came to check out your castle. I have never seen this new office of yours,” he said as we stepped in. “Wow! This is so cool.” He said, taking a seat.

I took my seat and stared at him. “Why are you here?”

He pulled a face, one of those faces that a spoilt kid would do. “I am here to take you for lunch.”

I laughed. “Are you for real?”

“Of course. I am starving.”

I stared at my desk. “I am busy, Jacob.”

“Oh no…that’s not gonna work with me.” He said and pulled me, practically almost dragging me out of my office.

I struggled to close the door as he forced me out. Jake bumped into Dare.

“Sorry Boss, but I am taking your staff here for lunch. Lunch time, right? Thank you…thank you.” He said and shoved Dare aside kindly.

I managed to avoid Dare’s glare, but it was impossible not to notice his face when he heard that I was going out with Jake for lunch. Jake and I stepped into the elevator. He tickled me so hard that it was impossible not to giggle.

“This is an office!” Dare shouted after us.

Jake pulled up in front of the water parks. “You do know that I have an hour break, right?” I asked.

“Of course.” He nodded, excitedly. “Let’s make it memorable.”

I scoffed, but not with any form of disdain. “Jacob, I don’t know, but I don’t think I should be found here.”

“And why is that? D, you have to loosen it up a bit. Life is to be enjoyed, why make it so stoic?”

I nodded. “I agree, but everything has its time. And this is for lunch and not for fun. I have a court case around the corner.”

“Okay ma’am.” He said and jumped down from the car.

Jake was out of sight. I looked out of the car but he was nowhere to be found. Jake, don’t play with me. I strolled into the park in search of Jake. Mothers and kids were having fun in the sun. For any adult who experienced a proper growing up unlike me, it would bring back memories.

My childhood was spent in the libraries as I had no mom to play with me or braid my hair. I experienced a little fun when Dad moved me to my granny. My teachers at school said I was overstressing my brain and knew too much.

Dad had argued, “How is that a syndrome?” he yelled. “If a kid is dull, you have a problem with it, and here you have a genie, and you say she has a syndrome! Human beings are of insatiable wants!” He hissed and dragged me out of class. That was my last class in junior high. After much persuasion, I was shipped off to granny for some fun. Oh what an experience. My grandma I checked behind the trees, but I didn’t see Jake. Someone pulled my cloth and I turned round swiftly. “Jake?” A little boy stared at me with a paper in his hand. “Now what did he send you to give me?” I asked, collecting the paper.

“DARLENE, WHEN LAST DID YOU VISIT THIS PARK WITH ME? IF YOU GET IT, FIND ME, IF NOT, BYE!”

I leaned against a giant tree and racked my brain. What was so special about the last time I came to this park? And with Jake to be precise? I hissed effortlessly and returned to the car. ‘Jake had better return here in five minutes else I’ll be going to the Firm by myself.’ I thought. To ease the boredom of waiting for ‘5 minutes’, I fetched my phone from my purse. A reminder buzzed on my phone from my Facebook profile. ‘JAKE’S BIRTHDAY’

“JESUS!!!!” I yelled and jumped out of the car. I raced into the park. “Jake, Jake, Jacob!!!” I yelled. “I am so sorry love. Jake!!!” The last time I came to the water parks with Jacob was on his birthday, this time last year. “Jake!!!” I yelled.

Suddenly he jumped out of the bush at me. “Darlene. This is the first time you forget my birthday.” He shouted.

I dropped to my knees. “Forgive me Jake. There’s been so much on my mind. The court case and all, you know how it is.”

“Of course, I know how it is.” He replied and gave me a cone of ice cream.

Jake is so sweet! We strolled into the park. “So how are we gonna celebrate this day?” I asked.

“Really?” he asked, with a smile. “You really want to see some fun in it. That’s un-Darlene.”

I smirked. “I choose to have fun when I want to.” I stressed. Jake made the ‘who are you trying to convince?’ type of face and stopped in front of a tuck shop. “Tuck Shop? Jake, please don’t ‘go Dare on me’, I want some real fun!”

He laughed. “Isn’t ‘Mr. Sophisticated’ fun?”

I rolled my eyes “He is, in his own way. But I want the ‘Jake’ way.”

Jake grinned happily. “You do know what that means, right? Booze might be involved.” He suggested.

“I don’t do alcohol.” I replied.

He nodded. “I have the perfect substitute for alcohol. I know you adore Fayrouz, so I have it.” He said, as we approached a chair.

“Jake, aren’t you bored? I mean your birthday is practically gonna be a drag if we don’t make it spontaneous.”

Jake laughed. I could guess why he did. “What do you know about being spontaneous? D, its lunch time so we can’t really catch much fun, but if you are up to it, weekend would be a great one.”

“If I beat Subomi in two days.” I replied.

He shrugged. “Don’t they adjourn cases? This case might drag. It’s oil money, my dear.”

That’s true. I had never really thought of the possibility of dragging the case against Chidi Obi. “Okay, how are you spending this night?

He raised an eyebrow. “I baked a cake, so I guess I’ll be eating it alone.”

“Are you trying to make me feel bad?” I asked, as I tossed the cone into the bin.

He shrugged. “It’s your choice senorita. But the doors of my house will be open. I will invite Dora, I hope she will come.”

Ya, Dora! Exactly the name I needed to hear.“What is it with you and Dora, anyways?” First Official Confrontation!

He scoffed. “I don’t understand. Dora is your sister, and we are just hanging out.”

I frowned. “My step-sister” I corrected.

“Jeez!!! Where is that coming from, Darlene?”

What a question! It was coming from the ‘human’ part of me. I rolled my eyes. “We better get going. It’s past my lunch time.” I replied, and started to walk away.

“What has Dora done to you?” he asked pulling my hand back. His eyes burned.

I yanked my hand away. “Let go!” I eyeballed him. “She’s done nothing. What’s wrong with the obvious reality?”

“The fact is that you sounded cold about her.” He said putting his hand in his pockets.

I feigned a smile. “We are good. The point is, I am a little bit unimpressed with her relationship with Kolapo and I think it’s suffering thanks to you.”

He scoffed. “How’s that my fault? Kolapo is a stupid guy. He just needs to calm down, Dora is always there.”

“You think? How would you feel if someone was always hanging out with your girlfriend?”

He took a deep breath. “Do you think Dora and I are doing anything that is not proper?”

“Of course you are!” I blurted.

Jake stepped back. “What are you saying, Darlene? Dora loves you, I can’t believe you are saying this, even if you don’t trust me, you should try to trust her.”

I rolled my eyes. “I just think you and Darlene might want to be a little bit less ‘lovey-dovey’, she has a boyfriend.”

“You do know how to make people feel bad, don’t you? Especially on their birthdays.” He stressed and walked away. “I’ll be in the car!” he shouted.

Jake didn’t say a word to me in the car as he drove back to the firm. He dropped me off and sped off. The effect of his screeching off blew some dust into my face. I watched until the car disappeared into thin space. Was I harsh on Jake? My jealousy had overridden my objectiveness; hence I had spoken in a bad manner to Jacob. I felt bad.

I hurried into the elevator to the top floor. It was two hours past my lunch time. As soon as I highlighted from the elevator, I met Dare standing in the hallway. “TO MY OFFICE NOW.” He ordered and turned into his office. I sighed and followed him.

I closed the door after us and took my seat. “Now what?” I asked.

“Darlene, this is no proper way to act. You left the office for lunch hours ago, and you are returning at this time?” he asked pulling up his sleeves to confirm the time. “Ah…it’s past three.”

I sighed. “Just take it out of my pay.” I replied. I was too sad about offending Jake than to allow Dare start me on his mood.

“You think this is a circus?” he said, hitting the table. “I am not your payroll manager and it isn’t my work to take your cash. You have done something which is against office rules.”

I put my hands up in surrender. “Dare, please don’t start with me this afternoon. It won’t happen again.” I said, standing up.

“Ms. Williams!” he shouted. “This is an office and we have rules here. When you err, you apologize to the appropriate persons.”

I stared at him and managed a smile. “I am sorry, Mr. Ade-Cole.”

He buttoned his jacket and took his seat. “Don’t take advantage of the fact that I love you, Darlene.” He said and turned on his laptop. “You may go.”

Was I taking advantage of Dare? I fumbled with the door handle and then paused. Here comes the part where you practically ‘turn the tables’. “How did you find out about Tobi?” I asked.

“Excuse me?”

I returned into the office and took my seat. “When did you get to know that you weren’t Tobi’s legit Dad?” I asked.

He shook his head and closed his Mac book. “She told me when she got pregnant. She didn’t even hide it.”

I probed him with my look. He then walked over to the fridge. “A drink?”

I nodded humbly. He then smiled and brought out a can of Coke. I frowned slightly. “Fayrouz, please.”

“I don’t have Fayrouz here, but there’s Valentino Grape.” He said, showing the grape juice. I nodded and he passed me a bottle.

We opened the bottles and then he continued. “Reina was in love with modeling, but because of family ties, Dad put her in Ade-Cole.” He started. “I was in support of her dreams to be a Model and so when a runway opportunity came up. I encouraged her to go for it. She made her way through the pageant that year and was selected for a fashion week in Paris.” He paused and took a deep breath.

He raised his head and walked towards the Window Blinds. “After Paris, She came to my house and told me that she wanted to end the relationship.” He continued. “At first, I thought that she wanted to pursue her career in modeling and maybe she won’t have time for me anymore.” He returned to his seat. “She was quick to tell me that she wanted to start a new life with her baby. I was so disappointed, especially when she told me that the father won’t have the baby.”

“So, you just took up the responsibility?”

He nodded with a smile. “We do stupid things when we are in love. But, I don’t regret it. I loved Tobi.” He returned to the window.

“I am sorry.”

“The kid really was adorable. I agreed with Reina to be his father, the only person apart from Reina and I who knew about Tobi was Toni, she knows almost everything.” He sniffed a bit; I could guess he was trying not to feel bad. “I am responsible for Reina’s problems.”

I stood up and joined him at the window.

“If I had picked Tobi up, that accident would never have happened. Reina won’t be this psychologically damaged.”

Did he think Reina was damaged because of Tobi? I’ll say the woman was totally obsessed with him. “Don’t beat yourself over Reina. I’ll say she should just see a psychologist. Probably a rehab for body and soul. ” I thought about the facility that Paul and Jake attended. “Maybe she’ll come back married.”

Dare smiled. The statement was meant to make him smile, which he did. “Thanks Darlene.”

“You are welcome.” I replied, and stretched out my hand to hug him. There was this sensual smile on his face as we hugged.

Cheers to the man I love!

...to be continued

Read Up to Episode 40 on www.youngicee.com
Re: Please Break My Heart (romance Thriller) by Oyinprince(m): 7:48am On Oct 15, 2016
You're missing big time if you're not reading the Romance/Crime Thriller Here

https://www.nairaland.com/3375551/airegin-mafias-oyinprince-donkross1
Re: Please Break My Heart (romance Thriller) by teebee22(f): 4:54pm On Oct 17, 2016
Oga Oyinprince where re u na?
Re: Please Break My Heart (romance Thriller) by Nmaglit: 6:49am On Oct 18, 2016
Oyin where are THOU
Re: Please Break My Heart (romance Thriller) by IamLukas(m): 8:50am On Oct 18, 2016
finally!!!!cheesy
It was worth the while....
Nice and lovely ending.
Re: Please Break My Heart (romance Thriller) by Oyinprince(m): 4:52pm On Oct 18, 2016
Episode 32

By Tomi Adesina

I returned to the office with Dare. We agreed that we won’t have anyone watch over Dare’s house so as not to draw attention to him. Probably, Tom and Sameer would be safe. Dare turned off the car’s engine.

“Let me take you to lunch.” He offered.

Lunch? What ‘role’ is Dare trying to play in my life? I thought. “Dare, you don’t have to.”

“But I want to.” He said, taking off his seat belt. “I just want us to talk; we really haven’t been able to talk about us.”

US “Dare, you are boring.” I said, laughing. He smiled faintly. “I have never enjoyed an outing with you. It’s like routine, too business like. So, I can guess what ‘talking about us’ would sound like over lunch. The typical Dare Ade-Cole, right?”

“I’ll try to be spontaneous.” He said.

I grinned. “I’ll pass. Some other time.” I said, and left for my office. I met Jake standing at Bola’s desk.

“Hey beautiful.” He said, as I approached.

I smiled. “Hi Jacob, what are you doing here?”

“I came to check out your castle. I have never seen this new office of yours,” he said as we stepped in. “Wow! This is so cool.” He said, taking a seat.

I took my seat and stared at him. “Why are you here?”

He pulled a face, one of those faces that a spoilt kid would do. “I am here to take you for lunch.”

I laughed. “Are you for real?”

“Of course. I am starving.”

I stared at my desk. “I am busy, Jacob.”

“Oh no…that’s not gonna work with me.” He said and pulled me, practically almost dragging me out of my office.

I struggled to close the door as he forced me out. Jake bumped into Dare.

“Sorry Boss, but I am taking your staff here for lunch. Lunch time, right? Thank you…thank you.” He said and shoved Dare aside kindly.

I managed to avoid Dare’s glare, but it was impossible not to notice his face when he heard that I was going out with Jake for lunch. Jake and I stepped into the elevator. He tickled me so hard that it was impossible not to giggle.

“This is an office!” Dare shouted after us.

Jake pulled up in front of the water parks. “You do know that I have an hour break, right?” I asked.

“Of course.” He nodded, excitedly. “Let’s make it memorable.”

I scoffed, but not with any form of disdain. “Jacob, I don’t know, but I don’t think I should be found here.”

“And why is that? D, you have to loosen it up a bit. Life is to be enjoyed, why make it so stoic?”

I nodded. “I agree, but everything has its time. And this is for lunch and not for fun. I have a court case around the corner.”

“Okay ma’am.” He said and jumped down from the car.

Jake was out of sight. I looked out of the car but he was nowhere to be found. Jake, don’t play with me. I strolled into the park in search of Jake. Mothers and kids were having fun in the sun. For any adult who experienced a proper growing up unlike me, it would bring back memories.

My childhood was spent in the libraries as I had no mom to play with me or braid my hair. I experienced a little fun when Dad moved me to my granny. My teachers at school said I was overstressing my brain and knew too much.

Dad had argued, “How is that a syndrome?” he yelled. “If a kid is dull, you have a problem with it, and here you have a genie, and you say she has a syndrome! Human beings are of insatiable wants!” He hissed and dragged me out of class. That was my last class in junior high. After much persuasion, I was shipped off to granny for some fun. Oh what an experience. My grandma I checked behind the trees, but I didn’t see Jake. Someone pulled my cloth and I turned round swiftly. “Jake?” A little boy stared at me with a paper in his hand. “Now what did he send you to give me?” I asked, collecting the paper.

“DARLENE, WHEN LAST DID YOU VISIT THIS PARK WITH ME? IF YOU GET IT, FIND ME, IF NOT, BYE!”

I leaned against a giant tree and racked my brain. What was so special about the last time I came to this park? And with Jake to be precise? I hissed effortlessly and returned to the car. ‘Jake had better return here in five minutes else I’ll be going to the Firm by myself.’ I thought. To ease the boredom of waiting for ‘5 minutes’, I fetched my phone from my purse. A reminder buzzed on my phone from my Facebook profile. ‘JAKE’S BIRTHDAY’

“JESUS!!!!” I yelled and jumped out of the car. I raced into the park. “Jake, Jake, Jacob!!!” I yelled. “I am so sorry love. Jake!!!” The last time I came to the water parks with Jacob was on his birthday, this time last year. “Jake!!!” I yelled.

Suddenly he jumped out of the bush at me. “Darlene. This is the first time you forget my birthday.” He shouted.

I dropped to my knees. “Forgive me Jake. There’s been so much on my mind. The court case and all, you know how it is.”

“Of course, I know how it is.” He replied and gave me a cone of ice cream.

Jake is so sweet! We strolled into the park. “So how are we gonna celebrate this day?” I asked.

“Really?” he asked, with a smile. “You really want to see some fun in it. That’s un-Darlene.”

I smirked. “I choose to have fun when I want to.” I stressed. Jake made the ‘who are you trying to convince?’ type of face and stopped in front of a tuck shop. “Tuck Shop? Jake, please don’t ‘go Dare on me’, I want some real fun!”

He laughed. “Isn’t ‘Mr. Sophisticated’ fun?”

I rolled my eyes “He is, in his own way. But I want the ‘Jake’ way.”

Jake grinned happily. “You do know what that means, right? Booze might be involved.” He suggested.

“I don’t do alcohol.” I replied.

He nodded. “I have the perfect substitute for alcohol. I know you adore Fayrouz, so I have it.” He said, as we approached a chair.

“Jake, aren’t you bored? I mean your birthday is practically gonna be a drag if we don’t make it spontaneous.”

Jake laughed. I could guess why he did. “What do you know about being spontaneous? D, its lunch time so we can’t really catch much fun, but if you are up to it, weekend would be a great one.”

“If I beat Subomi in two days.” I replied.

He shrugged. “Don’t they adjourn cases? This case might drag. It’s oil money, my dear.”

That’s true. I had never really thought of the possibility of dragging the case against Chidi Obi. “Okay, how are you spending this night?

He raised an eyebrow. “I baked a cake, so I guess I’ll be eating it alone.”

“Are you trying to make me feel bad?” I asked, as I tossed the cone into the bin.

He shrugged. “It’s your choice senorita. But the doors of my house will be open. I will invite Dora, I hope she will come.”

Ya, Dora! Exactly the name I needed to hear.“What is it with you and Dora, anyways?” First Official Confrontation!

He scoffed. “I don’t understand. Dora is your sister, and we are just hanging out.”

I frowned. “My step-sister” I corrected.

“Jeez!!! Where is that coming from, Darlene?”

What a question! It was coming from the ‘human’ part of me. I rolled my eyes. “We better get going. It’s past my lunch time.” I replied, and started to walk away.

“What has Dora done to you?” he asked pulling my hand back. His eyes burned.

I yanked my hand away. “Let go!” I eyeballed him. “She’s done nothing. What’s wrong with the obvious reality?”

“The fact is that you sounded cold about her.” He said putting his hand in his pockets.

I feigned a smile. “We are good. The point is, I am a little bit unimpressed with her relationship with Kolapo and I think it’s suffering thanks to you.”

He scoffed. “How’s that my fault? Kolapo is a stupid guy. He just needs to calm down, Dora is always there.”

“You think? How would you feel if someone was always hanging out with your girlfriend?”

He took a deep breath. “Do you think Dora and I are doing anything that is not proper?”

“Of course you are!” I blurted.

Jake stepped back. “What are you saying, Darlene? Dora loves you, I can’t believe you are saying this, even if you don’t trust me, you should try to trust her.”

I rolled my eyes. “I just think you and Darlene might want to be a little bit less ‘lovey-dovey’, she has a boyfriend.”

“You do know how to make people feel bad, don’t you? Especially on their birthdays.” He stressed and walked away. “I’ll be in the car!” he shouted.

Jake didn’t say a word to me in the car as he drove back to the firm. He dropped me off and sped off. The effect of his screeching off blew some dust into my face. I watched until the car disappeared into thin space. Was I harsh on Jake? My jealousy had overridden my objectiveness; hence I had spoken in a bad manner to Jacob. I felt bad.

I hurried into the elevator to the top floor. It was two hours past my lunch time. As soon as I highlighted from the elevator, I met Dare standing in the hallway. “TO MY OFFICE NOW.” He ordered and turned into his office. I sighed and followed him.

I closed the door after us and took my seat. “Now what?” I asked.

“Darlene, this is no proper way to act. You left the office for lunch hours ago, and you are returning at this time?” he asked pulling up his sleeves to confirm the time. “Ah…it’s past three.”

I sighed. “Just take it out of my pay.” I replied. I was too sad about offending Jake than to allow Dare start me on his mood.

“You think this is a circus?” he said, hitting the table. “I am not your payroll manager and it isn’t my work to take your cash. You have done something which is against office rules.”

I put my hands up in surrender. “Dare, please don’t start with me this afternoon. It won’t happen again.” I said, standing up.

“Ms. Williams!” he shouted. “This is an office and we have rules here. When you err, you apologize to the appropriate persons.”

I stared at him and managed a smile. “I am sorry, Mr. Ade-Cole.”

He buttoned his jacket and took his seat. “Don’t take advantage of the fact that I love you, Darlene.” He said and turned on his laptop. “You may go.”

Was I taking advantage of Dare? I fumbled with the door handle and then paused. Here comes the part where you practically ‘turn the tables’. “How did you find out about Tobi?” I asked.

“Excuse me?”

I returned into the office and took my seat. “When did you get to know that you weren’t Tobi’s legit Dad?” I asked.

He shook his head and closed his Mac book. “She told me when she got pregnant. She didn’t even hide it.”

I probed him with my look. He then walked over to the fridge. “A drink?”

I nodded humbly. He then smiled and brought out a can of Coke. I frowned slightly. “Fayrouz, please.”

“I don’t have Fayrouz here, but there’s Valentino Grape.” He said, showing the grape juice. I nodded and he passed me a bottle.

We opened the bottles and then he continued. “Reina was in love with modeling, but because of family ties, Dad put her in Ade-Cole.” He started. “I was in support of her dreams to be a Model and so when a runway opportunity came up. I encouraged her to go for it. She made her way through the pageant that year and was selected for a fashion week in Paris.” He paused and took a deep breath.

He raised his head and walked towards the Window Blinds. “After Paris, She came to my house and told me that she wanted to end the relationship.” He continued. “At first, I thought that she wanted to pursue her career in modeling and maybe she won’t have time for me anymore.” He returned to his seat. “She was quick to tell me that she wanted to start a new life with her baby. I was so disappointed, especially when she told me that the father won’t have the baby.”

“So, you just took up the responsibility?”

He nodded with a smile. “We do stupid things when we are in love. But, I don’t regret it. I loved Tobi.” He returned to the window.

“I am sorry.”

“The kid really was adorable. I agreed with Reina to be his father, the only person apart from Reina and I who knew about Tobi was Toni, she knows almost everything.” He sniffed a bit; I could guess he was trying not to feel bad. “I am responsible for Reina’s problems.”

I stood up and joined him at the window.

“If I had picked Tobi up, that accident would never have happened. Reina won’t be this psychologically damaged.”

Did he think Reina was damaged because of Tobi? I’ll say the woman was totally obsessed with him. “Don’t beat yourself over Reina. I’ll say she should just see a psychologist. Probably a rehab for body and soul. ” I thought about the facility that Paul and Jake attended. “Maybe she’ll come back married.”

Dare smiled. The statement was meant to make him smile, which he did. “Thanks Darlene.”

“You are welcome.” I replied, and stretched out my hand to hug him. There was this sensual smile on his face as we hugged.

Cheers to the man I love!

...to be continued

The story has been completed on the blog, you can read here: http://www.youngicee.com/search/label/Please%20Break%20My%20Heart?m=1

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Break My Heart (romance Thriller) by Oyinprince(m): 12:27pm On Oct 20, 2016
Episode 33

The lights came on as soon as I opened the door to my room. “Ta-da!!! The Lord said, let there be awesomeness and here I am” Dora said as she curtsied. I hissed and sank into my bed.

“What brings you here?” I asked, taking off my snickers. I hurled the shoe towards the door, and the jeans soon joined it as I slipped into my Bum short. Don’t ask about the size of my Bum, I am a figure 8, or hour glass like they say…so you can guess what the backside is like.

Dora joined me on the bed. “It’s been a while since we had a tête-à-tête.” She was right! Our closeness had suffered a great deal and as far as I am concerned, she only made it worse. I stared at her as she smiled. What a smile! Enough to fool anyone like me, I fell for it once, and I won’t. I stood up from the bed and approached the door.

“I am a little bit tired. I have work to do tonight.” I said, holding the door knob.

She stared at me with concern. “Chill sis…are you kicking me out?”

I laughed. “Literally, NO. I am holding my door knob and suggesting that if it is not a great deal of trouble, you should stand up from that bed, take a maximum of 7 steps and…” I paused to catch my breath. “Get OUT!”

She obeyed.

I slammed the door hard and returned to my bed. I started my rehearsals. It was hard to concentrate as there was so much noise coming from outside. Drags, screeches and shattering! “Can we have it quiet here?” I yelled. How sorry I was for calling for some quiet…A very uncharacteristic thing in Sir. Williams’ house then happened. LOUD MUSIC!!! Rock to be precise. Dad could kill if he heard anyone blasting music so loud. I jumped out of my room and the distraction just had to be from Dora’s room.

I drummed heavily on the door. “Dora!!!”

“Leave me alone.” She had turned down to reply me and then she hit it again.

I fumbled with the door knob. A maid soon joined me upstairs. “Is there any problem, Ms. Williams?” she asked.

“Isn’t it obvious?” I asked, eyeballing her. “Just get me one of the security guys to bring down this door.” I ordered.

She nodded and left.

“I am going to bring this door down and pull you by your hair to the zoo!” I ranted as I kicked the door angrily.

The door knob turned gently and I walked in. “What the heck is your problem, Dora Williams?” I asked as I stared into the room. The chairs were scattered, she had broken a portion of the mirror and her bed was unmade. She sat before the mirror and painted her nails.

I scoffed. “Are you throwing tantrums? I think you are too old to throw tantrums, and I hope you are not ignorant of the fact that this Sir. Williams’ house, you have to live by the rules here.”

Now I had given her room to laugh with the ‘Sir Williams’ house’ talk. She caught her breath after a wild laugh. “You know the problem with you, Sis? You grew up with too many rules! You are stoic and you don’t appreciate the good things around you. Open the window and feel alive!” she yelled.

I stared at her confusingly. “How does that correlate with the issue on ground? I can’t relate, Dora.”

“Darlene…you think everyone hates you! I am a huge fan of you, I adore you, but you don’t even care about me. Do you even know what’s going on in my life? I had to end things with KP today, I wanted to talk to you about it, but you sent me out of your room.” She sniffed a bit and cleaned her eyes.

I didn’t know what to believe. Was I supposed to hug her and find out her problem? The pure case of reverse psychology! Dora deserved an Oscar for this act. “Am I supposed to feel sorry for you that you broke up with Kolapo because you want Jake?”

“WHAT

She looked stunned. At least, that’s what her look portrayed to me. “Don’t play innocent with me, Dora.” I scoffed and gathered some scattered clothes from the floor. I dumped them on the bed.

“Darlene, I can’t believe that you could think that I would break up with Kolapo for Jake.”

I continued tidying the room as she rattled on. ‘Show-me-something-about-life’ “Dora!” I shouted abruptly. “Enough of all this façade, It isn’t working with me, Honey.”

She dried her eyes. “Things weren’t working fine between Kolapo and I. He accuses me of having an affair with Jacob, and I can’t believe you are taking his side too.”

I rolled my eyes. “Dora, take care of yourself, I just hope you know what you are doing.” I said and headed for the door. A dart hit the door and I stopped abruptly.

“What?” I yelled as I faced her.

She sobbed. “Darlene, I won’t have you think of me in that way. I love Kolapo and I miss us. We have both changed!”

I laughed. “Dora, isn’t your mom a psychologist? I think you should see her.”

“At least, that’s someone you will NEVER have!”

I swallowed hard and walked out closing the door gently. I left for the kitchen and gently poured myself a cup of grape juice. “You really hit that well, Dora.” I said, talking to myself. I fought back the tears welling in my eyes as I drank. “First, you took my father, now it’s Jake, and to cap up a brilliant display, you remind me that I have no mother.” I continued, as I talked to myself. In a matter of minutes, I had downed the whole content of the Juice bottle.

I left for the garden. Dad was also in the garden, he was surfing the internet. “Is the server in the house down?” I asked, taking my seat.

“Not at all, I just wanted a break from all the noise that Dora was making. I am chatting with Shodipo and so we are having this important discussion, I don’t want to be distracted.” He replied.

I nodded.

“Why is she causing so much noise?” he asked.

I shrugged. “Dad, she’s your daughter, you could ask her.” I replied.

He sighed. “I thought we were past this issue, love. Why are you finding it so hard to accept Dora?” he said, placing his Tab on the side table.

“I have no problems with her; I just think that you should ask her such questions yourself, you know it will mean more to her when you do that.” I said, trying not to sound spiteful.

He smiled. “I am proud of you, honey. You learnt the ropes pretty fast. Do you think I believe you?” he relaxed in his chair and sipped his wine. “Is she taking Jacob from you?”

“Dad” I asked, as I sipped his wine.

He nodded with a wide grin. “There’s a weird blush on your face.” He said.

“Blacks don’t blush!” I replied, dropping the glass.

He nodded. “I think I have heard that sh*t before from your generation. A girl in love is a girl in love, simple!”

“DAD!!! I am not in love with Jake.”

He smiled. “You can talk about it with me. I am very much experienced in this field, you know.”

I raised an eyebrow.

“Of course.” He said, as he chuckled. “Look, no disrespect to my loving wife, Danielle wasn’t the woman I loved.”

I found myself smiling mischievously. “Was it Olamide Ojo by any chance?”

Dad probed me. “Have you gone detective on my life?” he smiled and then bowed his head and raised it. “Yes, I loved Olamide.”

“Give me the full gist, Pa.” I said, tickling him.

We laughed out loud. “You haven’t called me ‘Pa’ in years, nor have you tickled me. I miss us, Darlene.” I rushed into his arms. The smell of Dad’s cologne hadn’t changed. Dad still had the same Cologne like when I was a little girl and when we were still friends. Adulthood robs you of a lot.

Dad smiled and ruffled his beard gently. “For years, I have lived a sad man’s life, and it was because I chose ‘Classy and Sophisticated over Love’. My blood bled for Olamide, but Danielle was just pitch perfect. She made me look good, my Dad was proud of me when I brought her home.” He paused to re-fill his glass. “Dad loved the way she held her glass, crossed her legs, her etiquettes displayed made one proud. Her smile was for everyone. Danielle was divine!” he sipped and sighed. “I loved her personality.”

I swallowed. “And Olamide?”

Dad smiled. He flushed, bit his lip and smiled again. “That was the woman I loved.” He took a deep breath. “She wasn’t perfect. She wasn’t classy, but she was simple. She loved to have fun. There was this time she made me go Mountain Climbing with her. Olamide was so adventurous.” He rubbed his forehead and continued. “She had always been in love with me, but the way I always rattled about Danielle’s class and all made Olamide propose that she talk to Danielle for me. I loved the idea. I would look good in the Magazines and all with Danielle.” Dad shifted his weight against the chair. “When I started dating Danielle, my friendship with Olamide slowly started to suffer and then I knew that I would miss her, but not as I did. We eventually broke ties completely.”

“Do you still love her?” I asked. Dad stared at the skies and smiled. “Come on Dad, it’s never too late. If you love a woman, you can fight for it. It’s never too late.”

He sighed. “Things have changed between us. Olamide is probably hooked with some guy in the Bahamas now or maybe just bashing cars in Vegas.”

I laughed. “Ho-ho Dad!!! She’s probably too old for that now. Maybe some twenty years ago, she could have been that way, but now everything is different.”

“If you say so, but I don’t think she’ll ever let go of that part. She was always happy.”

I took a deep breath. “Ms. Olamide is in Nigeria.”

He jerked up. “Really? Are you sure about that?”

“Yes Dad. I met her at Dare’s place.”

“Ade-Cole’s boy?”

I nodded.

“Oh well…do you have her contact or anything?”

I shrugged. “I can get it from Dare for you.”

“Never mind.”

I sat up. “Why Dad? Dare is not responsible for this. It’s between you and Ayodeji Ade-Cole, not his son.”

“Exactly my point.” He said as he cleared his throat. “That is why I won’t get her contact from him. I will just send Shodipo a text, I am sure he will have a link.”

I sighed. Old dogs do tricks!

“Back to you Darlene, are you in love with Jake?”

“Dad, I like Jake. I don’t think love is involved.”

He scoffed. “Even though I am not in your heart, I can tell that you are not honest with yourself, or maybe you are yet to realize it.”

“Dad…I am sure.” I said, winking at him.

He smiled. “Do you know what it feels like not to be with the man you love in the end?”

“Come on Dad…I’ll be fine. Jake isn’t the man I love.” I replied, standing up.

He nodded as he rose to his feet. “Have you ever given time for the thought to know what you are doing with Jacob?”

“We are best friends.”

He smiled. “Honey, that’s interesting. Anyway, we would have dinner with the Shodipo’s by weekend. Wole wants to introduce his new business to the family.”

I rolled my eyes. “Do we have to attend it? I mean it has nothing to do with me.”

“Darlene, you know it’s only normal that you attend these functions. You are a Williams.” He said and left.

I stared at him as he walked away. He had left his Tab behind. I tapped the screen lightly and then saw his last e-mail. ‘TWO TICKETS BOOKED FOR A FLIGHT TO BAHAMAS.’ I enlarged the mail. Flight due for Wednesday and My court case starts on Wednesday. Was Dad running away because he was scared that I would lose the case? And if he was, who would be accompanying him on that trip?

“Young lady, that’s my stuff!” Dad said from behind as I tried to check the booking details.

The use of reverse psychology! It wasn’t only Dora who knew how to play the game. “Are you running away to avoid my court case, Dad?”

“That isn’t the case, honey. You were going through my mail. That’s improper.” He said, snatching his ipad from me. “I am not avoiding your case.”

I scoffed. “You don’t think I am capable, right?” I shouted angrily.

“If you would just tame that temper of yours honey, you might stand a chance against Subomi. It’s barely two days away.”

I hissed. “Dad, for a moment, I thought you and I had bonded again like before and we were going to be friends again, but now all I see is a bitter old man who has lost once and is not going to face the present.”

“Easy does it…young lady” Dad said, stepping backward. I raised my voice. “Calm down, Darlene Williams!” he yelled.

I scoffed. “Make me! This is the beginning of my career and it is throwing my father’s fears before me. I won’t allow your fears derail me.”

“I fear for you, Darlene.” he said.

I nodded. “I am not afraid. I am angry!” I said, storming into the house.

“Sometimes that fear is necessary, child.” He called after me.

...to be continued

Read full story here www.youngicee.com

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Please Break My Heart (romance Thriller) by Jellymusty(f): 9:13am On Oct 21, 2016
Wow what a happy ending, thanks to oyinprince
Re: Please Break My Heart (romance Thriller) by yusufibrahim(m): 11:36am On Oct 21, 2016
The Prince ur story always interesting and education nice work boss more grace to u
#respect
Re: Please Break My Heart (romance Thriller) by olatex25(m): 7:01pm On Oct 28, 2016
Bro's cum update nah, av been loggin in and out of nairaland in oda 2 read an update, bt found nofin.. Pls, biko, jor.. Need an update 2nite
Re: Please Break My Heart (romance Thriller) by Oyinprince(m): 2:07am On Oct 30, 2016
olatex25:
Bro's cum update nah, av been loggin in and out of nairaland in oda 2 read an update, bt found nofin.. Pls, biko, jor.. Need an update 2nite
You still dey look for updates when others don read the story finish
No wahala sha, I go post everything here
Re: Please Break My Heart (romance Thriller) by Oyinprince(m): 2:09am On Oct 30, 2016
Episode 34

By Tomi Adesina

Read All Episodes Here
     “I am ready for you, Subomi…Ready! Ready!! Ready!!!” I chanted as I washed in the bathroom. I slid carefully into the tub and ‘drowned’ in my thoughts. In less than 24 hours I was going to be seeing Wednesday. As the clock ticked, my heart raced in accordance. Wednesdays, to me, used to be my ‘I can’t wait’ day of the week; it was in between all the hassles of work. Nothing in particular to ‘torment me’ on my Wednesdays. Mondays would bring the heavy duties, and Tuesdays followed suit. Wednesday is always neutral, but tomorrow didn’t seem neutral, it felt like ‘Make or Break’.
                I soothed myself to some music by Marc Anthony…for all the right and wrong reasons. I stepped out of the tub and let the water drip from my body as I walked into my room. I had sent myself into some sort of ‘trance’. I wanted to feel great. As I wiped my body, I fell back into thoughts of my victory over a popular chatter box at Law school, Madison Taylor.
                                “Darlene Williams is making us believe that Frank Terrence has nothing to do with the murder of Howard Smith, but we all know that Frank Terrence had threatened the Late Howard Smith outside the Campus lane for not helping him with the Final year exam papers. A threat on Howard Smith’s life eventually led to his death after Frank Terrence failed his final papers, who else would have done that?”
                I wanted to eat Madison like a club sandwich. She had just spoken like a rookie with no experience. Even though we were all rookies, but you know those rookie-rookies. That’s my term though… Professor Dean stared at us. Even before I stepped up I wanted to hit her for such a lame point.
                                “Over to you, Ms. Williams.” Professor Dean said.
                I smiled confidently. “It is true that Frank Terrence threatened the Late Howard Smith, but that was in the wake of an unbalance in the mind and soul. Anyone could be triggered by emotions especially after failing the same exams two times consecutively.” I paused to stare at Madison’s face and of course catch Professor Dean give a nod for my point.
“Frank Terrence had threatened Late Mr. Smith with the words that, ‘If I fail this exam the third time in a row, I would ensure that you have a lonely summer break.’” I swayed confidently in our Law class which had been converted to a court room. “Come to think of it, Terrence’s tirade was directed at poor Mr. Smith’s family since he had said he will make him lonely, not take his life, but it turned out that Howard lost his life. It is therefore of importance to note that Late Howard Smith became the new custodian to the Exam papers just this semester, and there was no way that he could have been responsible for Terrence’s past failures.”
                I was slowly getting the ‘Hmm…she may be right…’ ‘I beg to disagree…Terrence is evil.’ I immediately jumped in to play on their emotions. “To allay any doubts, there are forensic results to prove that Howard Smith wasn’t murdered by Mr. Terrence as Frank Terrence had retired to his room to study for the exam, but as you know it, Frank is so dull, a ray of light would be too much for him. He failed yet again.” A section of the court room chuckled. Even Professor Dean laughed. Frank Terrence was the ‘worst’ of us all in Law School, so when we chose our plots, he just had to be the accused.
                                “Hold it right there, Ms. Williams. Are you so sure Terrence is dull?” Professor Dean asked, wiping his palms
                Frank Terrence was now laughing. The whole room had exuded in laughter. “Professor Dean...sorry…Judge, I ran a quick scan on his brain and he still is as dull as ever.”
                Frank nudged me in the waist. “I am smarter than Madison; she came up with something lame against me. Ms. Throttle” he said, sticking out his tongue at Madison Taylor.
                                “Okay, class dismissed! Howard Smith, hope you don’t feel dead?” Professor Dean asked.
                He smiled. “I am just fine.” Howard Smith was the second best student in our class. He didn’t speak much.
                                “You don’t call that a case, do you?” Madison asked as she joined me in the hallway. “It was a joke. I let you win!”
                I shook my head. “Of course not, I should have been given the opportunity to chew you like a squid. Do you ever do your homework?” I asked, fetching my bag.
                                “You are too full of yourself, aren’t you? I would love to see you on the big scene. You aren’t really that good, you know.” She said and walked away, almost swaying like a pendulum in her Caribbean skirt. At least she could sway her skirt to confidence! I laughed and left for the next class.
                It would be a lot different taking on Subomi but I could beat him. I knew it! I grabbed my laptop bag and headed downstairs. “Morning Darlene.” Dad said as he sipped his coffee.
                                “Morning Dad.”
                He stretched out the Dailies at me. “They are talking about you.” I collected one from him coolly, and placed the rest on the table. “Have a good day.” I said, and left.
                                “Hi D…” Jake said, standing in front of the gate.
                I felt a bit repulsive. He probably must have slept with Dora last night. “What are you doing here?” I asked.
                `               “You shouldn’t be giving me any attitude after what you did yesterday. You got me pissed on my birthday; anyway, my day was saved.”
                I nodded. “Of course, it was saveddddd…” I dragged the ‘Saved’ for emphasis. “I am running late for work. If you don’t mind, we could talk later. Probablyonline.” I said, stepping aside.
                                “Let me drop you off.” He offered.
                I smiled. “I will be fine.” I said, and walked away. Jake caught up with me by foot.
                                “What is it with you, Darlene? You dropped a package in my house without saying a word and now you are giving this entire attitude. I can’t deal.”
                I shrugged. “You don’t have to. I already relieved you of your duties.” I said, with a smile. “Chauffeur?”
                                “I am fine by the tag. It suits me right! If that makes you happy, I want to be your chauffeur by all means. Let me drive you.”
                I smiled. “Jacob Martin-Oje, you don’t read in between the lines, do you?”
                                “That’s why I am a happy man. I wait for it to be a BOLD SENTENCE. I don’t stress.”
                I nodded with a smile. “Here’s the BOLD STATEMENT: I don’t want to see you ever again!” I said firmly.
                                “You could never mean that.” He replied, with a smile.
                I rubbed his cheek and smiled. “This time it’s real. Bye Jake.”
                                “Why, Darlene?” he asked, holding my hand with a firm grip.
                I scoffed, releasing myself from his grip. “Jake, I want you to be free. Have your own life. You are always coming here, checking on me, and all. Jake I want to set youfree.”
                                “Are you crazy, Darlene? Do you think you have a hold on me? I choose to be here because I want to.”
                I nodded. “The moment I don’t want you to anymore, I indirectly help you to stop caring. So, I want you to stay away, Jacob.” I said and re-adjusted my danglinglaptop bag. Jake stepped backward as he stared at my eyes. I blinked and walked away.
                The Mass Transit was a real case. I had to join the commuters standing; I joined the 7am bus late. Cute High School Boys and Girls flooded the bus, Men of the Stock Market and Banks could easily be identified in their suits, some sitting, and some standing. I wore a gorgeous smile to the Men in Blazers hoping that it would gain me a pass on their seat, but who knows Jack in Lagos? No gentleman on my bus today. Who cares? Okay…I did!
                I had roughly twenty minutes to go on the bus and I would have to stand all through the journey if someone didn’t get off at the next stop, but the next stop was mine. So standing is a must!
                                “Hey Ms.” A voice said. ‘What is it with me and guys?’ I didn’t turn. ‘Hey Ms.’ this time I was tapped lightly. I turned around to see a young guy of probably 17 or 18 in his School Uniform; probably a senior at school. Clean face, nice lush low black hair, pretty dimples. By God, this guy is beautiful. Yes, I used the ‘B’ word for him. “You can have my seat.” He said with a smile. Some girls giggled and I felt a little bit embarrassed. It seemed to me like a dare to get to me sit in his place.
                                “No, thank you.”            
                He frowned slightly. “I’ll feel bad. And probably, it means I’ll be having a black Tuesday, A fine woman shouldn’t tell a hopeful, ‘I’ll pass’ on a day like this.” We all laughed. Some of the men that were all ‘suited up’ looked back trying to place the joke.Why were they interested in the joke? A boy had done what men couldn’t do!
                I took my seat kindly, but it wasn’t for too long. I was soon at Ade-Cole. I smiled at them all as I got off the bus. There was a huge cheer as I walked away into the Giant Firm. Poor boy with his heart in his hand.
                                “Darlene…how are you this morning?” Mrs. Abu asked as we met in the reception.
                I nodded with a smile. “I am doing fine, ma’am.” I replied, courteously. I didn’t expect Mrs. Abu to let me go easily. You don’t just barge into ‘Mrs. Nosy’ without a reason.
                                “Young Dare won’t be coming in today from what I gathered yesterday.” She started. I stared at her. She puffed some powder on her face and then gasped. “Dear Lord, I can’t believe you love gossip.” I rolled my eyes. “Okay, I will tell you why he isn’t coming to work today.”
                I was joined by Toni at the reception. “Good morning, Mrs. Abu.” She said without even looking at her. “Darlene, let’s go upstairs.”
                                “How is your preparation for tomorrow coming?” Mrs. Abu shouted as I stepped into the elevator with Toni.
                Toni punched the buttons to the last floor. “How are you today?”
                                “I am feeling okay. A bit nervous…” I confessed.
                She smiled. “You will do fine.”
                                “Why won’t Dare be here today?”  I asked.
                She stared at her phone. “He will call you later to inform you on that.” She replied.
                Mrs. Small knew the polite way to offend me. I practically didn’t say anything to her again as I replied with the casual ‘Um...hmm’
                                “Hi Bola.” I said as I greeted my ever dutiful secretary. She responded with a smile and helped Mrs. Small with her bag into the office.
                I drew the blinds and took my seat. Toni took hers too. Immediately the door closed after Bola, she sat straight.
                                “Dare had to leave the city urgently last night.”
                I swallowed a bit. “Really?” I feigned being uninterested in the matter as I turned on my laptop. “He is the boss; he could do what he wishes.”                         
                                “Dare won’t just miss work, he told me that there is something that he had to do.”
                I shrugged. “If it is important that I know, he would let me know.” I replied. “Toni, I have a case before me tomorrow and that to me is more important than whatsoever might be the reason for why Dare decided to take a trip.” I paused to catch my breath and then I recollected the fact that Dad was also going away on an ‘important’ trip. “Seems like everyone is running away from the case, I am not scared.”
                She sighed. “Darlene, I don’t think Dare is running away from your case.”

I hissed dryly. The intercom rang. “Yes, Bola” I kept it on loudspeaker. Picking up the receiver is a big deal to me.
                                “Mr. Tunji Davis wants to have lunch with you; he says he will be here to get you himself.”
                I nodded. “Book it.” I replied and ended the call.
                                “I’d be careful with whatever I eat in the next 24 hours if I was you.” Toni said, pouring herself a glass of water.
                I smiled. “Tunji Davis is my client.”
                She scoffed. “You are naïve.” She took a gulp of water. “Anyone could be used to plot your downfall, probably the chef at the restaurant or the waiters, anyone.” She sounded so confident.
                I nodded. “Thanks for the heads up. I will be having only water then.” I said and smiled.
                She frowned. “That’s not meant to be a joke, so I am surprised at your face. You think it’s funny.” She hissed. “I had diarrhoea on my first court case.”
                I laughed. “If anyone would have diarrhoea, it has to be you. Toni, you eat too much. You deserve it.” I flipped through the pages of the City People’s Magazine.
                She rolled her eyes. “Honey, the Doctor diagnosed me with food poisoning. Can you imagine I was poisoned with the EnterotoxigenicEscherichia coli?” she said proudly. “My opponents went too far!” she concluded flipping her hair backwards with pride.
                I widened my eyes and burst into a mocking laughter that the magazine fell from my hand. My eyes soon got wet. “Toni, you are a clear case of illiteracy!” I said as I tried to catch my breath. “Illiteracy in the Microbiology field, I mean.” I bent over to pick my magazine.
                                “What do you mean?” she asked, sounding offended.
                I managed to be a bit civil with my laughter and then I continued. “Enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli is a microorganism, it is a strain of theEscherichia coli and it is responsible for diarrhoea. Diarrhoea is thanks to what you eat.” I paused to laugh. “My dear, Escherichia coli is no sprayed powder into your food.” I returned to reading my magazine.
                She frowned. “Whatever! I didn’t graduate with a summa cum laude so you shouldn’t expect me to know everything.”
                I laughed harder. “I amsumma cum laude in Law. Whatever I know about microorganisms is from personal study and interest.” I replied. “Oh dear…did you think you had stored up a poison in your memory bank? Madam, please erase it!” Toni raised her eye brows in defeat with a smile. “Hahaha…Toni, you are just so full of wonders. I just love you, poisoning?” I laughed more. I just couldn’t get a grip of myself. Probably if I didn’t know about it, I would have let her sway me.
                Mrs. Small laughed in spite of herself. “Mock all you want today. We’ll see who would be laughing after tomorrow.” She said, with a grin. My laughter slowly started to fade into a wry smile and then a grimace. She burped a bit and laughed. “We’ll see by tomorrow.”
                Oh my…tomorrow!!! Tomorrow!!! Subomi…Tomorrow!!! Mysumma cum laude versus Years of Experience!!! Tomorrow and tomorrow again!!! I would wait patiently. Did I say patiently? Nope! Impatiently!!!

Read full story on www.youngicee.com

1 Like

Re: Please Break My Heart (romance Thriller) by olatex25(m): 6:58am On Oct 30, 2016
Oyinprince:
You still dey look for updates when others don read the story finish
No wahala sha, I go post everything here
read d story finish? Pls giv me d link
Re: Please Break My Heart (romance Thriller) by slimsue(f): 2:55pm On Oct 31, 2016
Am glad to finally be on d same page with u guys. Nice work here Donkross1 n Oyinprince.
Re: Please Break My Heart (romance Thriller) by SafeDavid(m): 11:33pm On Oct 31, 2016
Great work Oyinprince...
I've made up my mind to go read the whole story on your website just that i'm yet to find the time.

Just a quick one..
I keep asking myself why your Characters keep booking holidays in the Bahamas...

I mean we have lots of other exotic locations Nigerians do visit like Seychelles, Montego bay in Jamaica, Barbados e.t.c...
So maybe next time someone is booking a ticket y7ou should remember those. grin

Ciao!

1 Like

Re: Please Break My Heart (romance Thriller) by dhamiylhola(m): 2:00am On Nov 01, 2016
Oyinprince, nitori Olorun, comman update this thread na sad angry cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Please Break My Heart (romance Thriller) by Oyinprince(m): 6:12am On Nov 01, 2016
Tunji Davis handed over the bill to the waiter and the waiter left. “Ms. Williams, I would love to salute your courage on far on this case.” I responded with a smile. He sighed and then continued. “Well, after all is said and done, we would be starting the proceedings tomorrow, how do you feel?”

I couldn’t understand Tunji Davis. I am his lawyer, yet he kept asking about my state of mind every now and then. I could understand that maybe my age and inexperience was responsible for everyone ‘caring excessively’, but I am a professional and I should be given a free hand, shouldn’t I?

“I am in high spirits.” I replied, slightly cocky.

He smiled. That was satisfying to him on any level. “Have you seen the Dailies today?” he asked, placing on before me.

“I have read this exact one.” I said, tapping the paper.

The tabloids were boldly written:

“IN WHAT MIGHT JUST MAKE FOR THE CASE OF THE YEAR, DARLENE WILLIAMS, DAUGHTER TO RENOWNED LAWYER, SIR. KUNLE WILLIAMS TAKES ON THE EVERGREEN SUBOMI BANKOLE TOMORROW!!!”

“These Press People have a way of hyping Subomi. What’s evergreen about him? Is that layer of grey hair that he has?” Tunji Davis asked. I guess he wanted to start a joke, but it fell flat. I couldn’t even manage a chuckle. We both knew that Subomi was no child’s play.

I stared at the paper. Subomi Bankole’s picture almost stole the show. An almost-passport size of mine was used as my picture and placed below his. At the back page of the paper, people from all works of life had sent in their thoughts on the case and the most probable winner. Subomi Bankole, all the way! It could kill one’s spirit.

“I believe in you.” he said, collecting the paper.

I smiled. He didn’t have a choice. His money was on me. “Thank for the vote of confidence.”

“We could take our leave now.” He said, standing up.

I picked up my purse.

“Excuse me Ms.,” a voice said behind me and I turned around. “Do you remember me?” he asked.

I stared him from head to toe and smiled. “Bus boy, right?” he nodded in the affirmative. “Thanks for what you did earlier today.”

“The name is Bobby.” He said.

I smiled. “Nice to meet you, Bobby, I am Darlene.” Mr. Tunji Davis cleared his throat. “Meet my friend here, Mr. Davis.”

Tunji Davis stretched out his hand to him. Bobby bowed taking the hand of Mr. Davis. “Honored to meet you, Mr. Davis.” Tunji Davis smiled and patted him on the back.

“Shouldn’t you be in school, Bobby?” I asked.

He smiled. “Yes, I am on assignment. I have a term paper to submit and I am writing on ‘The Fall of Chidi Obi – a modern day tyrant.’” He said confidently.

Goose pimples flooded my skin. “Are you sure about the title of that Paper?

He nodded in the affirmative. “A lot of us are banking on you to put him away forever.” I stared at the Newspaper. “Of course, we don’t have the money to get heard in the papers.”

I swallowed. “Bobby, I appreciate the vote of confidence.” I said, clutching my purse to my arm indicating that I was on my way out of the restaurant.

“Could we take a picture together?” he asked. “The three of us.” He said with a smile.

Tunji Davis shrugged and joined us. Bobby gave his camera to an attendant who took our picture.

“Thank you Sir and Ma.” He said.

I smiled. “Can you take a joke?” I asked.

“Of course.” He replied with a smile.

I grinned and said. “Submit that paper when the whole case is over.” I winked and left.

“I BELIEVE IN YOU!!!” He called after me.

It seemed as though I was part of the majority who didn’t believe in me. We tried to avoid any conversation the case. ‘Let tomorrow take care of itself.’ He dropped me off at the Firm and I returned into my office. Toni was just returning from lunch too so we met at the door.

“Hope you had a nice and poison free lunch?” she asked with a smile.

The Escherichia coli thought flooded back in my head and I managed a laugh. “It was decent. I have something to tell you.” I said as we walked into her office. “No intern yet?” I asked, as I stared at picture of Toni and me on her desk.

“It gets lonely here sometimes.” She said with a faint smile.

I dusted what used to be my seat some months back and took my seat. “I am scared of losing tomorrow.” My eyes were full. Toni came over to me and hugged me. “I don’t want to lose.” I said in tears.

“You are a fighter, Darlene. I have seen you stand up for what you believe in. You will succeed, by God’s grace.”

I Squeezed out of her embrace. “Toni, you don’t understand, If I fail, I will be failing a lot of hopefuls.”

She sighed and shook me up. “You can’t fail.”

“There’s this young guy, Bobby. I met him on the bus this morning.” I started with a smile. “He gave me his seat. At first, I thought it was a bet of a sort with his classmates, but I later saw the reason for his gesture today at lunch.” I paused to clean my face. “Bobby is writing a term paper on: ‘The Fall of Chidi Obi – a modern day tyrant’.” Toni let out a breath. ‘Whew’

She bit her lips. “Just like Bobby believes in you, I also do.”

“Thanks for the vote of confidence.” I said and smiled. Slowly I started chuckling. I realized I had been saying ‘thanks for the vote of confidence’ all day. It got to my heart, I slowly started to cry. What if their confidence wasn’t enough? What if I really wasn’t ‘good enough’? Maybe I was just good for the small stages. “I could step down now.” I said in tears. “I am afraid.”

Toni looked worried. “No Darlene, you can’t give up now. I am going to call Jake, maybe he can shake things up around here.” She said, reaching for her phone.

“Don’t!” I said, grabbing her hand.

She scoffed. “Why is that? There’s nothing about you that Jacob hasn’t seen. So this isn’t strange.” She said, trying to dial his number.

“We are no more friends!”

She dropped her phone. “When did that happen?” she asked, slowly taking her seat.

“This morning, Jake is now with Dora and this will soon be official between them; I need him to be free.”

Toni looked at me for a while and then laughed. “All this time you were pretending, you are meant to be with Jake! See you without him for few hours and you are like a vegetable.”

“This is not because of Jacob. I have a court case around the corner. I am worried.”

She shot angrily at me. “Just shut up! Why don’t you work out your emotions first? Today, I think you love Dare, tomorrow; it looks like your life would end without Jacob. What is it going to be? Make a choice! Stop playing with every man’s emotions. You are not the first ‘hot-beautiful-amazing-brilliant-and-bitchy’ in all of a girl!” she rambled angrily and stormed out.

My tears dried instantly. What did Toni just say I couldn’t place the last words. ‘Hot-beautiful-amazing-brilliant-and-bitchy in all of a girl’ I left for my office. Toni had rubbed everything in my face all at once- good, bad and ugly truth!

I read the proceeding for the court case from the mail sent to me. I struggled to keep my eyes on the laptop screen. The intercom rang. “Yes Bola.”

“Mrs. Toni here ma’am.”

I sighed. “I won’t be having any visitors today.’ I replied and hung up. I shut Toni out.

The intercom rand a second time and then there was a bang on the door. I listened to the drum on the door. It soon stopped and then I had time to reply my mails. Aunt Sally and Grandma had sent me a mail wishing me the best against Subomi. Aunt Sally’s mail surprised me as she had never really cared about me whilst growing up, and she always made it a habit to avoid Mom’s memorial services. Well, people change-some good, some bad, others good and not-so-good.

After thirty minutes, I had gone through all my mails thoroughly and replied the deserving messages while the ‘SPAM’ messages went where they deserved, the thrash! My phone buzzed and it was Jake calling. ‘What does he want?’ I didn’t pick his call. He then sent me a text.

“I know you don’t want to see me again, and honestly, I won’t see you but if you could just come to the door and listen to what I have to say…thanks.”

He tapped the door softly, but I refused to go near the door. “OKAY, I’LL JUST SAY WHAT I HAVE TO SAY.” He said, in a loud voice.

“D…, I don’t want to be away from you. I’ll miss you.” he started. “We don’t need this rift between us. If you can handle it, I can’t. I need you, Darlene.”

I slowly approached the door. I took my seat on the floor and leaned against the door, I could guess he was leaning against the door also.

“I am sorry if I have ever disappointed you, but I want you to know that I would never want to hurt you.” he paused and let out a breath. I could hear him breath from the other end. “Darlene, if you feel that the best thing is for never to talk anymore, I would accept and respect it, it’s your wish, but I want you to know that above every other thing, I care about you a lot and would always be there would you need me.”

A silence followed. He didn’t say anything again, and when I was almost scared that he had gone and was about to open the door to confirm, he said, “Darlene, you will beat Subomi Bankole. You may not look big and have all the top credentials, but I trust in your brave heart that you will fight through this. I believe in you, Darlene Williams.”

“Thanks for the vote of confidence.”

A huge sigh followed from the other end and then footsteps. Jake left. I opened the door slightly to confirm my suspicions. Yes…he had taken his leave. I returned to my seat and focused better on the details for the arraignment. The case was to start by 4pm. What a time to start a case. I wasn’t going to wait till evening before leaving the Firm. I took my leave as soon as the time clocked 4pm.

As I stepped out of the Firm, I ran into Mrs. Abu. “Ms. Williams, I can see you are taking advantage of the absence of the young Ade-Cole to leave work early.” She said, with a smile. I stared at her carefully. She smiled at me. “It’s okay Ms. Williams, no one would know.” She said, tapping her steering.

I smiled. “Makes two of us.”

“I’ll give you a ride.” She said.

I joined her car.

“I’ll make a quick stop to pick up my nephew. He is in Montessori.”

Children swarmed out of their classes. It was the close of the day for them. I saw kids run to their moms for hugs, and for those that had the drivers pick them up; they just handed their bag to the driver and walked into the car. It reminded me of my childhood. Drivers and guards for me. No mom or Dad to pick me from school. It was really lonely until Jake came along. I would miss Jacob, but I need to let go. I pray I realize myself.

A boy holding a canvas walked up to Mrs. Abu. “Aunty.” He said, with a smile. The boy had dimples. Beautiful!

Mrs. Abu rubbed his Thick lush black hair. “How was class today?” she asked, placing the canvas in the trunk.

1 Like

Re: Please Break My Heart (romance Thriller) by Oyinprince(m): 6:13am On Nov 01, 2016
“Good. I made a painting for you.” he said, pointing at the canvas. Mrs. Abu showed no interest, he then tilted towards me. “I am Gregory, but everyone calls me Greg.”

I smiled. “Nice to meet you, honey. I am Darlene.”

“Nice to meet you, Darlene.” he said with a wide smile.

Mrs. Abu eyeballed him coldly and shoved him lightly. “Ms. Williams, not Darlene!” She corrected in an instant. “Are you mates?” she asked. ‘Omo buruku’ she added in a native Nigerian tongue-Yoruba, which meant ‘a bad child’

“I am sorry, Ms. Williams.” He said with his head bowed.

She pushed him ahead. “Into the car, you rude tramp!”

“Mrs. Abu! Its fine, I am okay with it.”

She nodded. “Of course, I am not surprised.” She said with a grimace. “Get into the car, you too.” She ordered. I grinned and obeyed.

“I am into Art.” Greg started.

I peered slightly into the mirror.

“I am making a painting of an Opera night for the end of the year.” He continued.

Mrs. Abu hissed. “Can you spare us of your Art nonsense?” she asked, shutting him up. “I wonder who does Art these days?” she murmured and cursed in Yoruba.

I shook my head. “Mrs. Abu, Art is noble too.” I started. She stared at me. “On a serious note, I wish I could paint.”

She hissed. “What is wrong with this generation? How can you wish you could Paint? You have the best type of profession and now you wish to paint, how silly!” she scoffed.

“Mrs. Abu, this is not silly. Greg has a talent. That’s something beautiful, you should encourage him.”

She laughed sarcastically. “Darlene, why do you guys want to throw everything away? Sorry to draw you to this, but, your step sister, Dora Williams had life going for her and now she’s retired into Photography. Isn’t that foolish?”

“How do you know about Dora?”

She grinned wickedly. “Williams is a rival firm. When they lose workers, it is to our delight at Ade-Cole.”

“I am a Williams!” I said, shooting at her.

She smiled again. “You work for Ade-Cole and may end up as an Ade-Cole. Don’t think we aren’t watching.” She said, turning into the next block. Home was close. “Greg’s mom is just so full of herself. She thinks her boy is special and that’s why he is at Montessori.”

“Gregory has ability. You should learn to appreciate that. That’s something that some people would never have.”

She swallowed. I knew it was time to pounce on her emotions. “Gregory has something that some people are envious of and would never have. He is representing life in another dimension, something that brings out the beauty that we can’t see normally. Some people could write so well and string out those words in a way that you are seeing and believing at the same time. This is because they can work on your imagination and make you see it from their view. It is life made so simple.”

“What are you trying to tell me?”

I was slowly convincing her. “Gregory is a bright kid. I would love you to believe in him.” Gregory smiled. She pulled up in front of the block before my street. “Thank you ma.”

She smiled. “Well ‘sold’, Darlene. I will think about it.” I smiled as I stepped out of the car. I was able to ‘sell’ into Mrs. Abu’s life; I hoped she would let Gregory enjoy painting. As I walked down the Estate, I saw the church gate open. When is it ever closed? I walked into the church and thought of saying a prayer. You know we have ‘these moments’ when we feel we should be closer to God. I sat on one of the pews at the back and said my prayers. ‘Dear God, it’s Darlene. I know I might not be right with you, but I don’t want to lose to Mr. Subomi Bankole, so help me.’

“Amen.”

I stared up at Pastor Ben. “Good evening Pastor Ben.” I took a quick peek at my wrist watch to be sure that the time was around the evening range. It was around 5pm, so I could call it evening.

“Big day tomorrow, isn’t it?” he said, taking his seat beside me.

I nodded with a wry smile. “I thought God should know about it.” I said.

He scoffed with some sarcasm. “God has always known about this date even before you were conceived.” I rolled my eyes. “I would appreciate if you rolled your head too.” He said and we laughed. “What is with youths and rolling of the eyes? Is that a sign of unbelief?”

“Probably, doubt inclusive.”

He adjusted his weight against the chair. “Darlene, right from when you were a toddler, I have always admired you. You have a strong will and confidence which is impeccable for anyone at your level.” He paused to give me the room to revel in my heart. “I know this case is within your reach, in fact, I believe if anyone will shut Subomi down, it has to be you, but I want you to know that you can’t do this on your own.” Oh no…the God factor! Subomi doesn’t go to church yet he wins almost every case! “I know you might feel that some bad people get away with everything looking good, but there is always a day when it will all be exposed.”

I cleared my throat. “I want you to trust God more. Love him more. Darlene, you used to be zealous for God. I know things change, but I believe you should give him more attention.”

“Pastor Ben, I would try harder.” I said, clutching my bag to my arm.

He smiled. “I would be praying for you.”

“Thank you.”

1 Like

Re: Please Break My Heart (romance Thriller) by Oyinprince(m): 6:15am On Nov 01, 2016
olatex25:
The complete story is here
http://www.youngicee.com/search/label/Please%20Break%20My%20Heart?m=1
Re: Please Break My Heart (romance Thriller) by Oyinprince(m): 6:15am On Nov 01, 2016
olatex25:
The complete story is here
http://www.youngicee.com/search/label/Please%20Break%20My%20Heart?m=1

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Shattered Glass / >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) / Saved By Amnesia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 353
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.